• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Melee Characters need attention

9 posts in this topic

Posted

After rolling one of each class and watching dozens of videos I have to ask. Why are they treated like the red headed step children of BDO? The ranged classes outshine the melee classes so badly that I can't see how this isn't being dealt with.

I get that tank classes shouldn't be able to do as much damage as a glass cannon class. But a Tank class should be able to absorb damage that the glass cannons are dealing a yin to their yang if you will. Instead not only can the glass cannons grind mobs 10 times faster but they can also melt a tank like cotton candy. I was having a blast with the Warrior and Berserker until I realized I was drinking potions like Johnny Manziel drinks beer to stay alive when pulling those extra mobs. If tanky classes are going to be gimped on damage output as they rightfully should be vs glass cannons please please please up our sturdiness to help balance it out. Also a caster should not be able to melt a tank is 2-3 hits. Attacking a equally leveled tank should mean, oh boy I'm going to have a long fight on my hands not, faceroll and next.

I know BDO has plenty of skilled tank players and seeing the poor hand they are dealt they deserve some kind of bonus and big BIG props for thriving while being gimped. This correction should be first order of business especially warriors.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tbh, I'm a 200+ ap, level 58 ranger, and there's still plenty of warriors/valks/zerkers that I cannot kill, or even get close to killing. So, as of right now, it seems like the "tanks" are still incredibly viable. Perhaps that'll change when people start hitting 250+ ap, but we'll see.

Posted

warriors are hard to kill, you probably get blown up because u rush to a group of 4-5 people. even then they should get through block that quickly.

Posted

Tank classes need to be seriously buffed, not on AP but DP. Video after video backs this up. Now I can see casters, long ranged and upcoming Ninja classes objecting to this which is natural in a PVP focused game. I can't blame you there ;)  But let's not kid ourselves that there is parity between the classes.

Posted (edited)

After rolling one of each class and watching dozens of videos I have to ask. Why are they treated like the red headed step children of BDO? The ranged classes outshine the melee classes so badly that I can't see how this isn't being dealt with.

I get that tank classes shouldn't be able to do as much damage as a glass cannon class. But a Tank class should be able to absorb damage that the glass cannons are dealing a yin to their yang if you will. Instead not only can the glass cannons grind mobs 10 times faster but they can also melt a tank like cotton candy. I was having a blast with the Warrior and Berserker until I realized I was drinking potions like Johnny Manziel drinks beer to stay alive when pulling those extra mobs. If tanky classes are going to be gimped on damage output as they rightfully should be vs glass cannons please please please up our sturdiness to help balance it out. Also a caster should not be able to melt a tank is 2-3 hits. Attacking a equally leveled tank should mean, oh boy I'm going to have a long fight on my hands not, faceroll and next.

I know BDO has plenty of skilled tank players and seeing the poor hand they are dealt they deserve some kind of bonus and big BIG props for thriving while being gimped. This correction should be first order of business especially warriors.

as a KR player DP is legit just a meme doesnt matter how much DP you have you will always get melted especially with awakening damage, now saying that since your sacrificed so much AP for this DP 1. Cant tank anyone 2. cant kill anyone: so you mind as well hop in a flame tower. if you are a warrior i will tell you since i main warrior on KR stacking AP is pretty much the only choice since i run full +18 boss armor im sitting around 260 DP which is more then enough especially since i have muskan those without good accuracy cant even hit me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: the lvl 57 life leach skill is OP can pretty much refill half your HP in one go so you can pretty much grind with zero pots 

Edited by aznboy568
1 person likes this

Posted

as a KR player DP is legit just a meme doesnt matter how much DP you have you will always get melted especially with awakening damage, now saying that since your sacrificed so much AP for this DP 1. Cant tank anyone 2. cant kill anyone: so you mind as well hop in a flame tower. if you are a warrior i will tell you since i main warrior on KR stacking AP is pretty much the only choice since i run full +18 boss armor im sitting around 260 DP which is more then enough especially since i have muskan those without good accuracy cant even hit me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: the lvl 57 life leach skill is OP can pretty much refill half your HP in one go so you can pretty much grind with zero pots 

See that's what I'm saying. Tank classes should have DP that scales properly, actual proper class armor, and lets see some real defensive/support stats. Bravo on working to overcome the flaws in warrior. Of course it can be done, but imagine if Daum/P.A. implemented what I stated how much greater your already awesome warrior would be? It seems they want melee classes to be the expert mode of BDO.

Posted

See that's what I'm saying. Tank classes should have DP that scales properly, actual proper class armor, and lets see some real defensive/support stats. Bravo on working to overcome the flaws in warrior. Of course it can be done, but imagine if Daum/P.A. implemented what I stated how much greater your already awesome warrior would be? It seems they want melee classes to be the expert mode of BDO.

well awakened warrior is perfectly fine unless there is a healer class in the game having a tank would be kinda pointless everyone is pretty much a DPS as it is right now in korea

Posted

well awakened warrior is perfectly fine unless there is a healer class in the game having a tank would be kinda pointless everyone is pretty much a DPS as it is right now in korea

I really want to play the Korean version to compare to our EU/NU version.

Posted

I really want to play the Korean version to compare to our EU/NU version.

if you do decided to come to KR our guild takes all foreigners btw 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0