• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Moving forward: Server crashes during node wars and future-proofing plans

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey  so someone is obviously watching the forums and locking up threads about the massive daum fail in B1 but is there anyone at daum watching the servers? restart or something? REFUND FOR THE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS IN GUILD FUNDS, POTS, FOODS,  ELIXIRS? LOL REFUND PLIS DAUM.

Posted (edited)

Kyou had Prey against the fence, their base was going down..........servers crash. Prey had them outnumbered, and still were about to lose.

We got it all on vid with streamers from both bases. Looked like a good fight. Daum, fix your shiz, and reimburse these two guilds.

Peace

Edited by Tedereus

Posted

Yeah it was an amazing fight... im Prey  and i have to admit that it was an amazing fight that we almost lost. good fight kyoukai.

Posted (edited)

In all seriousness, at least give Prey and Kyoukai the guild funds (edit: back) to go at it again some other time in the future...

All of the Potions can't be tracked or replaced individually, but Guild Compensations need to happen. :(

Edited by Shades

Posted

Heck of a good fight from both sides.

Posted (edited)

So today on Edan Balenos E1, we experienced a full server crash during the middle of a node war. It was a T3 node war for Western Guard Camp as a 1v1 fight between Kyoukai and Prey. Both guild fought for a full 2hr+ node war that was cut short early with over 30 minutes left.

Forts statuses (screenshots taken after the server crash):

8zQo6zO.jpg

20at4kw.jpg

Regardless of who would have won the war, the fact is, the servers crashed during the middle of the war. Both guilds dumped over 100 mil in resources each, in additional to individual player resources and preparation time. Both guilds were denied a conclusion to the node war and currently do not know of any plan for compensation. If this had happened during the siege test weekends or near the start of the war, it would be understandable. This, however, happened over 2hrs after all node wars had started. Server stability should have already been resolved and, to my knowledge, there were no other ongoing node wars in our channel/server so the servers should NOT have been overloaded.

While yes, "stuff happens", as of the moment, there is no publicly known follow-up plan from Daum, let alone even acknowledgement of the server issue. Do we get our guild money back? Do players get their resources back? Or will both guilds just get the short end of the stick and walk away with nothing, not even a conclusion? This is something very important to know for both guilds as well as any other guild that plans on continually participating in future node wars/territory wars (i.e. pretty much every top guild on Edan, and undoubtedly on every other server).

So @PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon and anyone on the Daum team: Could you please let us know what your plans are to compensate players when stuff like this happens, and what your plans are for future proofing your servers so situations like these do not/are less likely to happen again.

Thanks,

~Desiree (Keripo)
Kyoukai Officer

Edited by Keripo
4 people like this

Posted

some more pictures

2016-07-17_436083217.thumb.JPG.42bec873d2016-07-17_436059660.thumb.JPG.c6e1a100e

Posted (edited)

GF Prey

too bad we'll never find out if it was #EpicComeback or nah

http://imgur.com/a/ewzr7 <-Score

Edited by Arctic_Freeze

Posted

This is something to admire and commend. O_O

LOLWTF.png

Posted

So today on Edan Balenos E1, we experienced a full server crash during the middle of a node war. It was a T3 node war for Western Guard Camp as a 1v1 fight between Kyoukai and Prey. Both guild fought for a full 2hr+ node war that was cut short early with over 30 minutes left.

Forts statuses (screenshots taken after the server crash):

8zQo6zO.jpg

20at4kw.jpg

Regardless of who would have won the war, the fact is, the servers crashed during the middle of the war. Both guilds dumped over 100 mil in resources each, in additional to individual player resources and preparation time. Both guilds were denied a conclusion to the node war and currently do not know of any plan for compensation. If this had happened during the siege test weekends or near the start of the war, it would be understandable. This, however, happened over 2hrs after all node wars had started. Server stability should have already been resolved and, to my knowledge, there were no other ongoing node wars in our channel/server so the servers should NOT have been overloaded.

While yes, "stuff happens", as of the moment, there is no publicly known follow-up plan from Daum, let alone even acknowledgement of the server issue. Do we get our guild money back? Do players get their resources back? Or will both guilds just get the short end of the stick and walk away with nothing, not even a conclusion? This is something very important to know for both guilds as well as any other guild that plans on continually participating in future node wars/territory wars (i.e. pretty much every top guild on Edan, and undoubtedly on every other server).

So @PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon and anyone on the Daum team: Could you please let us know what your plans are to compensate players when stuff like this happens, and what your plans are for future proofing your servers so situations like these do not/are less likely to happen again.

Thanks,

~Desiree (Keripo)
Kyoukai Officer

Thank you for the tag, we are looking into this issue and a resolution method.  I do not have an answer at this moment, but as soon as we do there will be an update via the forum.

2 people like this

Posted

Thank you for the tag, we are looking into this issue and a resolution method.  I do not have an answer at this moment, but as soon as we do there will be an update via the forum.

Thank you for looking into it. While today's events only affected one node war with only two participants, the key takeaway here would be setting a precedence for future cases where server-related issues interrupt a node war, or even worse, potentially a territory war where many more guilds and player efforts/funds are spent. Please keep that in mind when discussing with your team on resolution methods/plans.

~Desiree (Keripo)

Posted

Server have gone down hill since the 1st siege not even fun to attend them just do something else or lag for +1 hr

Posted

Whats this about, someone explain what i missed over the weekend i was gone :/

Posted

Daum has yet to step up to the plate to fix mistakes, unless their hand is completely forced. Keep fighting for it. Among the worst customer service I have dealt with. Hoping that they do the right thing for the two guilds. I will be watching for the video. :)

Posted

Channels in Austin also crashed last night as the wars started. it was only at the beginning so not much was affected. Still a problem though.

Posted

I see the difference in server performance during the node wars on EU too. The lag gets epic sometimes and it takes up to 10 seconds to respawn. Not enjoyable.

Posted

I see the difference in server performance during the node wars on EU too. The lag gets epic sometimes and it takes up to 10 seconds to respawn. Not enjoyable.

is that lag? i thought it was just a delay so u don't spam spawn.

Posted

is that lag? i thought it was just a delay so u don't spam spawn.

I dont know what it is, but it is noticeable and varies from maybe 3 to over 10 seconds. Even if I am not in actual war and doing something on different channel and die I see a huge difference in respawn time.

Posted

To follow up on PM_Jouska's post our team is investigating the matter and looking into the guilds that were directly affected by this. In order to expedite this process and reduce any potential confusion please have only the Guild Leaders from the affected siege participants for the Edan Balenos 1 Channel create a support ticket.

Thanks for being patient everyone.

1 person likes this

Posted

Also Uno balenos 1 western guard camp DCed all of our guild as soon as the node war started.  I think the popup box I got was a memory error or something like that.

Posted

To follow up on PM_Jouska's post our team is investigating the matter and looking into the guilds that were directly affected by this. In order to expedite this process and reduce any potential confusion please have only the Guild Leaders from the affected siege participants for the Edan Balenos 1 Channel create a support ticket.

Thanks for being patient everyone.

CM_Aethon, just to be clear. It wasn't just the crash being a problem. All siege channels for the past 2 weeks have had pretty crippling lag/lag spikes.... the general community seems to be aware of this, but there has been 0 mention or acknowledgment of it on here or any other game source. Please do not overlook this.

Posted

Daum has yet to step up to the plate to fix mistakes, unless their hand is completely forced. Keep fighting for it. Among the worst customer service I have dealt with. Hoping that they do the right thing for the two guilds. I will be watching for the video. :)

Video is up for the curious:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/103022-video-into-the-sky-black-desert-kyoukai-vs-prey-node-war-edan/

~Desiree

1 person likes this

Posted

Awesome video man. That was fun to be apart of regardless of the outcome. Lets hope we get more of those fights in the future.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0