• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Low performance on High-end system

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi Everyone ! 

I wanna start off with that i am in love with this game and i've been playing it for about 4 months, it's perfect in so many ways.

However one thing is bothering me, it's not game breaking or anything but still.

I'm experienceing heavy fps drops during combat, and only when in combat.

Pc specs:

Cpu: Intel i7 6700k Skylake

Ram: 16Gb @2400MHz

Gpu: GTX 980TI

Ssd: Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb

Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Yes granted, i'm playing the game maxed out with only Anti-Aliasing, Ability particles & high end mode off.

Normally my fps is around 90-100, even in towns it's around 55-60.

The problem starts when i enter combat, at ancients for example, or a single boss scroll, the fps drops to 40 at at worse to 25-30!

I've tried lowering the settings to the lowest, played with resolution settings but the problem only shows when fighting enemies.

Other things i've tried:

In Nvidia control panel i  set pre rendered frames to max 1.

Turn V-sync off

Fullscreen & Fullscreen windowed.

So is this perfectly normal? Or is there a messed up setting somewhere?

I'd love to know what other people think of this.

Edited by Kaijuro

Posted

No one else experiencing significant drops in fps when in combat?

Posted

Do you use gysnc by chance?

Posted

Hi Everyone ! 

==SNIP==

So is this perfectly normal? Or is there a messed up setting somewhere?

I'd love to know what other people think of this.

The only way to truely troubleshoot this would be to reinstall drivers at the default level, then leave everything at default, launch the game and see how it goes.

But on a side note what your saying makes no sense, but the only thing i can think of is that your GPU is faulty OR there is a setting you touched somewhere down the line and through the consistent updates, through BDO & NVidia, there is probably a corrupt or bad file. 
I could go further and say maybe you have a PSU.

Posted

I have no problems unless I go near a town. Once I head close to any town my frames drop to like 3 or I just freeze and sometimes the game just crashes. While Im in the town my frames will stay at 3-10 unless I wait for about 5mins and stand still then they go back to normal. As soon as I move again my frames die. This started with the Ninja patch. Before that I was playing the game just fine with no frame drops unless I head into Calpheon.

Also Its only this game. I can play any of my other games fine as always.