• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wanted: HighBounty

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Target Name: Erendis

Guild- Unknown

Between lvl 54-55, he's been killing me and my friends for past couple weeks as well as other people off guilds as well, as i propose this. First 3 people that screenshot him dead next to his body, will be rewarded with 80 valenica specials/70 Knight rations/ 60 serendia specials.

Also as a bouns to everyone else gets 25 exp potions + 20 brutal of death exliars.

Server: Orwen

Edited by Serofog
6 people like this

Posted

Server/channels this occurred in would be beneficial.

Posted

too bad its Orwen. Good luck.

Posted

will increase reward if needed.

Posted

I kinda hope you're launching a trend

Player driven bounties, this is great

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Would be interesting if OP is Erendis impersonating one of his saltier victims in order to get some entertainment out of being hunted and for Serofog to get hated when he doesn't pay up and claims it wasn't him who posted this.

If not, potential bounty hunters should strike a deal with Erendis and share the reward.

Edited by Clearing
2 people like this

Posted

potential bounty hunters should strike a deal with Erendis and share the reward.

and this ladies an gentlemen is why a bounty system will never work.

Posted

But an official one would because the rewards would be family bound or silver - meaning you can't directly trade it or benefit from said deals. :P

Posted

Because the guy at lvl57 is going to sacrifice 2% EXP to give his friend a handfull special meals ?

Nah.

Posted

Because the guy at lvl57 is going to sacrifice 2% EXP to give his friend a handfull special meals ?

Nah.

You sacrifice nothing to dying in pvp. Which is what they would do.

1 person likes this

Posted

You sacrifice nothing to dying in pvp. Which is what they would do.

Red, which i assume the player is, you lose 2% EXP on death.

Posted

because traded items cant be traded again, so if they want to share the reward they will have to pay for the value of the foods.

Posted

Snip

If you want this to be anywhere near effective, try to include the following:
- Class of the character in question
- Family Name
- Screenshots including the above and/or the character's appearance.
- Channels in which said individual has previously been known to loiter in.

With that being said, the forums are probably not the best place to post this kind of thing, as it's considered a "callout" post.
If the person is consistently harassing you and your friends, you have at least two valid options:

- Grief the individual by throwing yourselves at him and dying multiple times until he goes red. Then be sure to let megaphone know his location and channel. You can then either try to kill him yourself, or wait until he goes into a safe zone and kill him without any fear of retaliation.

- Submit a harassment ticket. However, to make a successful harassment ticket, you would also need to include the above information. A successful harassment ticket would not be able to be taken seriously if you'd done the above method, though.

Posted (edited)

- Family Name

With that being said, the forums are probably not the best place to post this kind of thing, as it's considered a "callout" post.
If the person is consistently harassing you and your friends, you have at least two valid options:

- Grief the individual by throwing yourselves at him and dying multiple times until he goes red. Then be sure to let megaphone know his location and channel. You can then either try to kill him yourself, or wait until he goes into a safe zone and kill him without any fear of retaliation.

- Submit a harassment ticket. However, to make a successful harassment ticket, you would also need to include the above information. A successful harassment ticket would not be able to be taken seriously if you'd done the above method, though.

Class: Wizard
Fam: They are wearing a ghilli suit EDIT: he commented on my guilds guild info and his fam name is Eviscerat3

channel was val 01 today, but they're either offline or not on it anymore(I checked).

Edited by TRNFloyd

Posted

- Family Name

Sadly, this is how I played before quitting the game, I might make a kunoichi when they drop and start doing this again :) it's the only joy left in it for me.

Posted

Inb4 OP is banned and thread is locked due to breaking well many ToS

Posted

Red, which i assume the player is, you lose 2% EXP on death.

He can grind and shed his karma before doing it. 

Posted

Only if we had tools in-game to help us settle matters with other players rather then the griefing system we have now.

Posted

He can grind and shed his karma before doing it. 

Sure but then, depending on how deep he is into it etc... It's a lot of troubles to scam a stack of special rations. For an institutionalized bounty maybe, still that's a lot of hours spent when you can just grind the silvers in about 1.5h. For a player made bounty that may or may not happen, i still don't think people would makea profession out of bounty scamming.

Posted

If not, potential bounty hunters should strike a deal with Erendis and share the reward.

that's the only real issue with bounty hunter systems in games like this.

Someone goes out of their way to rack up huge bounties then their friends kill therm and they split the rewards. Essentially they are getting paid by their victims for griefing them.  It would be a bit better here seeing as we can't trade silver and the system was in place so that a player pays silver to an npc and the killer gets the non tradeable silver as a reward. 

There is a problem with that though in bdo. Putting up silver for a bounty that then goes to the killer would actually allow silver trading. If someone wanted to give/sell silver to someone else all the have to do is put a bounty on someone willing to die. Have the victim unequipped standing next to the person to receive the silver and boom , silver trading is complete.

I still don't think people would make a profession out of bounty scamming.

I've seen it happen in games before.

Posted

Sure but then, depending on how deep he is into it etc... It's a lot of troubles to scam a stack of special rations. For an institutionalized bounty maybe, still that's a lot of hours spent when you can just grind the silvers in about 1.5h. For a player made bounty that may or may not happen, i still don't think people would makea profession out of bounty scamming.

Doubtful the person would go through the trouble for the silver/reward, yeah. Just for the satisfaction of scamming the people he/she has decided to follow around and kill repeatedly for some reason. 

Posted (edited)

I've seen it happen in games before.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen in video games, i'm saying it's hardly worth the trouble in this particular case

@Clearing Yea sure there's that possibility, still marginal tho

Edited by muscarine

Posted

I'm not saying it doesn't happen in video games, i'm saying it's hardly worth the trouble in this particular case

@Clearing Yea sure there's that possibility, still marginal tho

If that person is willing to follow them around and try to find them and kill them specifically over and over again and going red for it then it's not really marginal. The person goes out of its way to saltmine OP and an opportunity like scamming OP and then letting OP know afterwards via screenshots that he/she was scammed is a golden one.

Posted

If that person is willing to follow them around and try to find them and kill them specifically over and over again and going red for it then it's not really marginal. The person goes out of its way to saltmine OP and an opportunity like scamming OP and then letting OP know afterwards via screenshots that he/she was scammed is a golden one.

Fair enough !

There's still the risk someone else will get that bounty first though, when you're Red people tend to go zerg Benny Hill on you soon as you enter their radar

Posted

Target Name: Erendis

Guild- Unknown

Between lvl 54-55, he's been killing me and my friends for past couple weeks as well as other people off guilds as well, as i propose this. First 3 people that screenshot him dead next to his body, will be rewarded with 80 valenica specials/70 Knight rations/ 60 serendia specials.

Also as a bouns to everyone else gets 25 exp potions + 20 brutal of death exliars.

Server: Orwen

QQ

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0