• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Calpheon Timber Crates: another 10M/day for a few clicks

86 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Update 2017-03-02. I've returned to BDO  and update and greatly enlarge my guide. Here it is!

Hi, I'm #1 wealth on EU-Jordine, despite still lvl 54, so I surely didn't grind. My income sources are workers and life skills.

Here is my third guide, this time on a special trade item.

Edited by Gevlon
2 people like this

Posted

Just a quick thing that I'd be curious on seeing: can you hit 55? I want to see if you're still #1 on wealth at 55. 

There's a theory that wealth isn't calculated solely on the amount of silver you have, but the amount of silver you have AND the level at which you have it. I've put 20 mil on a lvl 17 alt before and it was on the wealth leaderboard

and if you dont mind would you post a screenshot of how much silver you currently have? i've always wondered what #1 looks like. the most i ever was was around #5 when i had 450 mil after I sold a bunch of shards.

Posted

Will do when I have a billion. In a few days.

Posted

Instructions unclear, got my ----- caught in the ceiling fan.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hey Gavlon, would you say it could be a viable/profitable option to just process, make the crate and trade away all the crates at calpheon? Yes I'd lose lots of distance bonus profit, but it would be less of a hassle.

I'm asking because it seems like a huge pain to setup all that and then having to wait the 10 mins to trade, keep track of the 130%, make sure all the crates are always circulating, then theres the 100 item limit in transition.

Edited by Parc

Posted

@Parc: you would sell at loss. The price in Ancado is 2x higher.

Posted

a WoW picture in a BDO guide... so much fail!

Posted

Clickbait lure

Posted (edited)

He was a WoW poster many years ago, and never bothered to change anything about his blog.

Edited by TalynWulf

Posted

There isn't a single WoW picture in the guide. Or are you talking about the blog header? I will make a BDO one when I have more time than sense.

Posted

I had a few notes.  I do this quite a bit with many crate types (having 265 contribution) not just Calpheon Crates. 

I also make Brass, Bronze, Mediah, Serendia and Balenos crates.  I do this because even with the 3/3 Fir, 3/3 birch, and 3/3 Cedar nodes it's not enough materials each day to produce.  This means I also pickup the 1/1 Acadia, 1/2 White Cedar, 3/3 Maple, 2 Pine, and 1 Ash (for ratios) nodes as well as 2 Zinc, 3 Copper, and 1 Tin node.  This seems like a lot to process, but with the new outfit and higher level processing you end up with space in your time to process so it works out.  Most of my workers are directly out of Calpheon so they are slower but they bring it back to one place and others are in Altinova which I ship to Tarif then Calpheon.

Other crates sell pretty well.  For example a 40230 base Mediah Timber crate at 129% with a 93% bonus distance (to Valencia) after bargain was 115k compared to a 140% with a 93% distance bonus 146k on Calpheon Crates.  Other crates such as Brass/Serendia crates (base of 32k or so) sell for around 90k at peak.  The 5k shipping costs seem like you wouldn't break even, or it'd be better to sell brass/bronze on AH, but on Orwen it's 7.6k a Brass Ingot and it takes 10 to make it, so that's 76k * 84.5% is 64k vs turning it in for 90k.  However things look even better if you buy the materials.  For example Copper is 208 and Zinc is 335 making a single Brass ingot cost 3393 to make (assuming 2 results average per process).  That means a Brass crate costs around 36k to make with AH mats, 5k to ship, and turns in for 90k even if materials are bought from the AH.  It's even better for "junk" items like Maple/Pine.

Big challenge is getting enough workers in Trent.  I've bought the additional worker space for Calpheon territory to facilitate this as well as use Trent as well as use Trent 5 as Lodging for 2 workers.  This gives me 6 total workers in Trent.  I also bought the Mineral Workstation (Trent 3) and Wood Lodge (Trent 2) as well as I use Calpheon 2-1 (Wood), Calpheon 7-3 2nd Floor (Mineral). Calpheon 5-5 2nd Floor (Mineral), and Calpheon 1-1 (Wood).  I prefer Goblins for workers because I find them the fastest (especially to Calpheon) and the 30 minute create time on most crates means they're done every 4-6 hours (depending on Goblin Quality).  I tried Giants, but it was just too slow, but I did manage to find an Artisan Giant while gambling for workers so I kept that for work on a station at Trent.

To fund all my workers I make oatmeal.  The recent introduction of the Farms makes milk incredibly energy efficient with the ability to get 50+ milk from a single farm with a Special Haystack.  I run 8 small farms (4 slots) which produce around 400 milk every 7 hours for 8 energy.  Occasionally I slip in 2 farms of Onions as well, but I find I get more onions than Milk for Oatmeal.  The final ingrediants are Honey (which workers can gather from Alejandro Farm) and Flour.  With high processing a single Wheat farm can produce all the Flour you'd ever need.  I'm currently sitting on 14000 Flour and 11000 wheat.  You can AFK process the Flour over night since it weighs very little and yields around 2+ flour per Wheat.  After that Oatmeal is incredibly easy to produce and I have over 3k Oatmeal and still thousands of Milk/Onion/Flour/Honey left to make more.  Doing this makes Oatmeal vastly superior to Beer in terms of energy/labor restored ratios.  Best of all gathering that milk can be done on a single alt since in 7 hours it will earn 14 energy.  I do have workers assigned to the farms from Calpheon, and Milk farms are the best since they basically never use labor since it's a single item and only need to be fed once every week or so it seems.

Turning in crates themselves after shipping them will drive the market price down so it's important to be careful of which crates you turn in and how many of them.  This means if you stockpile the Calpheon Timber crates alone to 200-300 then turn them all in you will get vastly significantly less prices after the first 100 crates or so.   This makes diversifying them even better. 

Good tip on Ancado Harbor turn in.  I will definitely try that for the higher bonus as I admit I didn't even bother to check.  However we may run into an issue with shipping crates in the future as I think a recent KR patch note said some items get lost/damaged when shipped but I'm not 100% due to translation.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I had a few notes.  I do this quite a bit with many crate types (having 265 contribution) not just Calpheon Crates. 

I also make Brass, Bronze, Mediah, Serendia and Balenos crates.  I do this because even with the 3/3 Fir, 3/3 birch, and 3/3 Cedar nodes it's not enough materials each day to produce.  This means I also pickup the 1/1 Acadia, 1/2 White Cedar, 3/3 Maple, 2 Pine, and 1 Ash (for ratios) nodes as well as 2 Zinc, 3 Copper, and 1 Tin node.  This seems like a lot to process, but with the new outfit and higher level processing you end up with space in your time to process so it works out.  Most of my workers are directly out of Calpheon so they are slower but they bring it back to one place and others are in Altinova which I ship to Tarif then Calpheon.

Other crates sell pretty well.  For example a 40230 base Mediah Timber crate at 129% with a 93% bonus distance (to Valencia) after bargain was 115k compared to a 140% with a 93% distance bonus 146k on Calpheon Crates.  Other crates such as Brass/Serendia crates (base of 32k or so) sell for around 90k at peak.  The 5k shipping costs seem like you wouldn't break even, or it'd be better to sell brass/bronze on AH, but on Orwen it's 7.6k a Brass Ingot and it takes 10 to make it, so that's 76k * 84.5% is 64k vs turning it in for 90k.  However things look even better if you buy the materials.  For example Copper is 208 and Zinc is 335 making a single Brass ingot cost 3393 to make (assuming 2 results average per process).  That means a Brass crate costs around 36k to make with AH mats, 5k to ship, and turns in for 90k even if materials are bought from the AH.  It's even better for "junk" items like Maple/Pine.

Big challenge is getting enough workers in Trent.  I've bought the additional worker space for Calpheon territory to facilitate this as well as use Trent as well as use Trent 5 as Lodging for 2 workers.  This gives me 6 total workers in Trent.  I also bought the Mineral Workstation (Trent 3) and Wood Lodge (Trent 2) as well as I use Calpheon 2-1 (Wood), Calpheon 7-3 2nd Floor (Mineral). Calpheon 5-5 2nd Floor (Mineral), and Calpheon 1-1 (Wood).  I prefer Goblins for workers because I find them the fastest (especially to Calpheon) and the 30 minute create time on most crates means they're done every 4-6 hours (depending on Goblin Quality).  I tried Giants, but it was just too slow, but I did manage to find an Artisan Giant while gambling for workers so I kept that for work on a station at Trent.

To fund all my workers I make oatmeal.  The recent introduction of the Farms makes milk incredibly energy efficient with the ability to get 50+ milk from a single farm with a Special Haystack.  I run 8 small farms (4 slots) which produce around 400 milk every 7 hours for 8 energy.  Occasionally I slip in 2 farms of Onions as well, but I find I get more onions than Milk for Oatmeal.  The final ingrediants are Honey (which workers can gather from Alejandro Farm) and Flour.  With high processing a single Wheat farm can produce all the Flour you'd ever need.  I'm currently sitting on 14000 Flour and 11000 wheat.  You can AFK process the Flour over night since it weighs very little and yields around 2+ flour per Wheat.  After that Oatmeal is incredibly easy to produce and I have over 3k Oatmeal and still thousands of Milk/Onion/Flour/Honey left to make more.  Doing this makes Oatmeal vastly superior to Beer in terms of energy/labor restored ratios.  Best of all gathering that milk can be done on a single alt since in 7 hours it will earn 14 energy.  I do have workers assigned to the farms from Calpheon, and Milk farms are the best since they basically never use labor since it's a single item and only need to be fed once every week or so it seems.

Turning in crates themselves after shipping them will drive the market price down so it's important to be careful of which crates you turn in and how many of them.  This means if you stockpile the Calpheon Timber crates alone to 200-300 then turn them all in you will get vastly significantly less prices after the first 100 crates or so.   This makes diversifying them even better. 

Good tip on Ancado Harbor turn in.  I will definitely try that for the higher bonus as I admit I didn't even bother to check.  However we may run into an issue with shipping crates in the future as I think a recent KR patch note said some items get lost/damaged when shipped but I'm not 100% due to translation.

Hey man, you made a really nice post there so tyvm :) 
I have one question, do you have any tips farming contribution points?
Currently im sitting at 150 cp and it seems like that is not enough :/

Edited by vNikyu

Posted

Hey man, you made a really nice post there so tyvm :) 
I have one question, do you have any tips farming contribution points?
Currently im sitting at 150 cp and it seems like that is not enough :/

Well the standard method of getting Contribution is to do the daily quests.  There's lots of guides out there but you got Olvia crafting/gathering dailies.  You got the Calpheon dailies.  You go the Mansha/Rhuutum dailies down SW.

What I mostly did, in addition to those dailies every so often, is basically rolled two characters.  I first started with my Wizard who rather than grind super hard at the start to get a measly amount of XP at launch instead went back and started doing like every quest I could find/do.  This was extremely helpful in getting energy too because of the adventure journals.  However after Musa launched I basically did the same thing again hitting 51 then stopped (mostly because I was frustrated by how bad the class was at it's launch) and did many of the quests again.  Best way to do it was filter down to Combat and "..." other turning off the rest then basically just go node to node looking for quests (and I see I missed a bunch all the time).  Two or more characters like this is a ton of contribution.

Posted

Well the standard method of getting Contribution is to do the daily quests.  There's lots of guides out there but you got Olvia crafting/gathering dailies.  You got the Calpheon dailies.  You go the Mansha/Rhuutum dailies down SW.

What I mostly did, in addition to those dailies every so often, is basically rolled two characters.  I first started with my Wizard who rather than grind super hard at the start to get a measly amount of XP at launch instead went back and started doing like every quest I could find/do.  This was extremely helpful in getting energy too because of the adventure journals.  However after Musa launched I basically did the same thing again hitting 51 then stopped (mostly because I was frustrated by how bad the class was at it's launch) and did many of the quests again.  Best way to do it was filter down to Combat and "..." other turning off the rest then basically just go node to node looking for quests (and I see I missed a bunch all the time).  Two or more characters like this is a ton of contribution.

I know everyone says to do dailies for CP, but is their a route that is ultimately the best to do everyday because it nets higher CP reward then others?

Posted (edited)

So this is 10m for "only" 10h of afk processing? :D

I know everyone says to do dailies for CP, but is their a route that is ultimately the best to do everyday because it nets higher CP reward then others?

edit: Kodiak said it all already, rhutum+mansha daily are good, whatever u do anyway is good (gathering/alchemy dailys) but the best option is to get a drift+insta+sidestep horse, gear it and get a TRI bow / staff to start leveling ranger or wizard alts. 300cp should be easy, 350+it starts getting harder.

Edited by iloveKuchen
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey Gevlon, I'm about to try this method out. But I've heard alot about sea is more worth connecting (Epheria -> harbor). But aren't you more restricted with ur transports using sea?

Edit: Another question.. Am I supose to purchase the wood workbench and the 3 lodges in trent and then buy 2 lodges in Longleaf tree sentry post or what houses am I supose to buy? It's not clear in the guide. :-p

Edited by YourCrazyEx

Posted

Behr lodging also counts for trent, FYI.

Posted

Yea but sentry and trent is enough to sustain all workers south

Posted

Thanks for the tip!

Also this was from the July 21st Patch Notes in KR:

● When you remote collect the ridings, some trading items inside the riding inventory will be destroyed.

(https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4tvxw5/kr_patch_note_21st_july/)

So that could be a bad translation for when you ship things via Transport some trading items in the transport will be destroyed which would ruin the concept of paying to transport goods.  Just a heads up that might be happening.

Posted

"remote collect" is what you do in the STABLES, asking for your mount to be checked in while it's far away. Typically when you get killed and your mount is left away from you.

The best way to get contribution is NOT dailies, but leveling alts doing normal quests while wearing the main's gear oneshotting monsters

Posted (edited)

. @Kodiak Make every crate come from Trent but they don't need to be crafted in Trent. Every single one of them. The distance bonus from Trent to inner harbor is 102%. Utilize calpheon workbenches and keep all finished crate mats in Trent. To maximize, buy max calpheon territory worker expansions. Sure fire way to increase your income without doing much. All my crates are crafted in calpheon from Trent workers,except calpheon timber crates. Artisan workers with the right advanced packing skill makr the worker irrelevant. Keep your eyes peeled for an artisan with either mineral or timber packing skill +3 on the market or reroll your worker skills for it.

Also, higher trading skill is a higher crate selling price when bargaining. Always turn in your crates on a char with a trading costume with xp bonus and sute tea.

Finally, to increase efficiency setup workers closest to the nodes, not just all in calpheon for convenience! Moving around finished goods like plywood is super cheap and if you must have all your mats in calpheon for convenience, you can infinitely stack a mat on your char and run it over with a horse. I do it every now and then when I have 10k maple in heidel. Easy move to Calpheon.

Edited by Flood
2 people like this

Posted

@Gevlon That makes a lot of sense then, cause it means if you remote collect a boat or something to the nearest place it'll loose goods.

@Flood So how workers operate is wherever the worker is wherever the crate is labeled as being made from.  So for example I have my lumber/ingots/etc in Trent and my workers are in Trent and even if they use a workstation in Calpheon or even Altinova (omg the travel time) the crate there would still be labeled as Trent when they are done.  This way I can get more workstation access with a bit of travel time (a skilled goblin takes 35 minutes to make a crate in Calpheon with the travel time from Trent).

The only nodes I worry about efficiency are excavation nodes which already, base, take 1-2 hours to mine per action.  Having a worker spend a few extra minutes traveling to a node far away is better than having to do a daily trip rounding up all my materials to a single location or having to travel region to region.  I'm currently sitting on over 400 crates that need shipped from Trent -> Epheria -> Ancado and wasting slots to ship materials from Olvia, Veila, Heidel, Glish and Alitnova is just too much.  One trip from Alitnova every few days already is a pain and I'd rather simply collect as much as possible in Calpheon.  Because I diversify my crates that leaves me with tons to process (I could literally process 16 hours a day and never stop) so it's not like I'm stuck waiting on materials (as well as the biggest materials: The Calpheon Crate's Birch/Fir/Cedar are all closest to Calpheon anyways).

Posted

I'm currently sitting on over 400 crates that need shipped from Trent -> Epheria -> Ancado and wasting slots to ship materials from Olvia, Veila, Heidel, Glish and Alitnova is just too much.  

Save yourself 2 million in shipping costs and overload your horse with the crates. The whole trip will take you ~20 minutes and most of it can be autopathed. Just watch for banditos, they love heavy horses.

Posted

Save yourself 2 million in shipping costs and overload your horse with the crates. The whole trip will take you ~20 minutes and most of it can be autopathed. Just watch for banditos, they love heavy horses.

The point of most of this is to do this afk with as little work as possible! I understand wanting to save money but 20 minutes to save 400k isnt too worth it IMO.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The point of most of this is to do this afk with as little work as possible! I understand wanting to save money but 20 minutes to save 400k isnt too worth it IMO.

I don't know what the exact shipping costs are because i never do it myself, but just going off of OPs guide, he says 800 + 4100 per crate. If Kodiak has 400 crates *4900/crate that's 1.96 million silver yo, not 400k =)

Also it's as afk as anything else in this guide, you autopath it and then you don't need to do anything but casually watch out for bandits until you hit sand grain bazaar. Then you point your horse to ancado and auto-walk and semi-afk again. You'd spend wayyyy more active time, tracking, receiving, shipping, and restocking shipping sites with silver for 400 crates than you would doing this by horse btw. 

Edited by Kringle_Shag
1 person likes this