• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Calpheon Timber Crates: another 10M/day for a few clicks

86 posts in this topic

Posted

Save yourself 2 million in shipping costs and overload your horse with the crates. The whole trip will take you ~20 minutes and most of it can be autopathed. Just watch for banditos, they love heavy horses.

Nothing you said made much sense.  For one, it takes over 30 minutes to take a Noble Wagon under load (so 90% move speed) to go from Trent to Abun, let alone an overloaded horse from Trent to Valencia.  Also if you're avoiding bandits you can't do that auto pathed or AFK because you have to watch where the bandits are/moved to since you clicked.  Finally since I'm rocking 7 different types of crates to get that 400, there's no one I could take them all on a single horse run.

I think yer missing the point of this.  Everything you said is 100% viable and good to go, but you can't really do it AFK which is the big deal of it.  If I'm spending time on a wagon/horse/etc I'm not spending time processing the other materials I've gathered (which as stated I can already process 16 hours a day without stopping).

Posted (edited)

Nothing you said made much sense.  For one, it takes over 30 minutes to take a Noble Wagon under load (so 90% move speed) to go from Trent to Abun, let alone an overloaded horse from Trent to Valencia.  Also if you're avoiding bandits you can't do that auto pathed or AFK because you have to watch where the bandits are/moved to since you clicked.  Finally since I'm rocking 7 different types of crates to get that 400, there's no one I could take them all on a single horse run.
I think yer missing the point of this.  Everything you said is 100% viable and good to go, but you can't really do it AFK which is the big deal of it.  If I'm spending time on a wagon/horse/etc I'm not spending time processing the other materials I've gathered (which as stated I can already process 16 hours a day without stopping).

Ah I didn't know it was 7 different types of crates, I should have l2read and not assumed they were all calph boxes. An overloaded horse is still pretty quick (faster than overloaded wagon by a ton), but perhaps you're right and i'm underestimating the time required here by about 10 minutes. But it's definitely no longer than that. I'm overstating the bandit danger too by the way. If you have an armored horse, they almost can't kill it, so you can be super casual about that, and virtually afk, or feed workers, or check the MP, or w/e.

Re: doing this afk: My other point that I just made to Flood still stands. You spend a lot of time actively dealing with the shipping aspect, so that's not afk at all either. You have to deal with the shipping/receiving window at least 8 times with 400 crates, you have to run money out to Trent and Epheria for shipping costs. 

If you did have 400+ of one box type, it would be much less of a pain in the ass and more lucrative to do it by horse imo.

If you look at it this way, It's almost 4%/crate that you're giving up in shipping costs. Horsing gets more and more attractive too the longer you let the crates stack up. Taking 400 crates is the same as taking 1000, the shipping costs for 1000 vs 400 are 2.5 x more though.

Edited by Kringle_Shag
1 person likes this

Posted

@Kringle_Shag You make a great point saving money moving a large amount of one crate to inner harbor by horse through infinite stacking. I did not calculate cost properly. I think I may even do that from now on! It can also save cont points since there's no need for the epheria port.

1 person likes this

Posted

Re: doing this afk: My other point that I just made to Flood still stands. You spend a lot of time actively dealing with the shipping aspect, so that's not afk at all either. You have to deal with the shipping/receiving window at least 8 times with 400 crates, you have to run money out to Trent and Epheria for shipping costs. 

If you did have 400+ of one box type, it would be much less of a pain in the ass and more lucrative to do it by horse imo.

If you look at it this way, It's almost 4%/crate that you're giving up in shipping costs. Horsing gets more and more attractive too the longer you let the crates stack up. Taking 400 crates is the same as taking 1000, the shipping costs for 1000 vs 400 are 2.5 x more though.

You really don't spend that much time managing shipping at all.  I just spent less than 60 seconds receiving 100 crates in Ancado and sending another 100 to Ancado from Epheria.  Every so often I check the Transport Arrival from the map (bottom right hand corner) and see it's status.  I usually run money when I get back from collecting money from Valencia as I have a trader alt (my 52 Wiz) sitting in Ancado to turn in then I have to run my main out there on a Camel real quick to collect bars and come back which I then go back to Calpheon to deposit and at that point I can refill Epheria/Trent if needed (usually I keep around 10 million on Eph and 2 million in Trent so it's not a big deal).

The problematic part of your increased box numbers is the diminished sales prices.  You can start out at 130% value on a crate but once you turn in around 100 it quickly drops to 100% then down to 80%.  By then you've tanked the price and it's just not worth it to turn in.  So storing up 400 crates of a single type just isn't worth it unless you're doing it and leaving an alt to turn them in staggered (100 every day).  This is where diversifying your crates comes into play because while Calpheon Crates may tank, the Mediah ones may still be up to 130%.

Horse method is solid, without a doubt, but for the truly AFK individual shipping will always end up being the best method.

Posted

You really don't spend that much time managing shipping at all.  I just spent less than 60 seconds receiving 100 crates in Ancado and sending another 100 to Ancado from Epheria.  Every so often I check the Transport Arrival from the map (bottom right hand corner) and see it's status.  I usually run money when I get back from collecting money from Valencia as I have a trader alt (my 52 Wiz) sitting in Ancado to turn in then I have to run my main out there on a Camel real quick to collect bars and come back which I then go back to Calpheon to deposit and at that point I can refill Epheria/Trent if needed (usually I keep around 10 million on Eph and 2 million in Trent so it's not a big deal).
The problematic part of your increased box numbers is the diminished sales prices.  You can start out at 130% value on a crate but once you turn in around 100 it quickly drops to 100% then down to 80%.  By then you've tanked the price and it's just not worth it to turn in.  So storing up 400 crates of a single type just isn't worth it unless you're doing it and leaving an alt to turn them in staggered (100 every day).  This is where diversifying your crates comes into play because while Calpheon Crates may tank, the Mediah ones may still be up to 130%.

Horse method is solid, without a doubt, but for the truly AFK individual shipping will always end up being the best method.

Err you should really have a dedicated alt for turning in crates. The best way to do it is when on your main, use the map to check trade prices. If they're bad, switch channels and wait for the cooldown while playing your main. I turn in crates 100 at a time when the prices hit 130 and swap to a different channel to repeat.

1 person likes this

Posted

Do all the workers need to be from trent or can i have some in calpheon and just move the mats to trent storage ?

Posted

Do all the workers need to be from trent or can i have some in calpheon and just move the mats to trent storage ?

The workers and materials must be in Trent in order for the crates to be considered made in Trent.

Where you have the workshops they work doesn't matter, but travel time is a factor.  Same worker that takes 20 minutes to make a crate in a Trent workstation will take 35 to make the same crate in a Calpheon workstation.

2 people like this

Posted

how much cp is needed for something like this?

Posted

Err you should really have a dedicated alt for turning in crates. The best way to do it is when on your main, use the map to check trade prices. If they're bad, switch channels and wait for the cooldown while playing your main. I turn in crates 100 at a time when the prices hit 130 and swap to a different channel to repeat.

Personally I do have a dedicated alt for turning in crates who I worked up trading initially by running him around with short hops until he got high enough that I moved him over to Ancado Harbor.

What we were discussing is when you horse packs over, which if you are going to horse hundreds of crates over to a town there's no point in parking an alt there and might as well have your main (who presumably is bringing the crates in the first place) do it all instead.

How do you check the market prices via the map?  Couldn't see it and I've had to go to a trader each time in order to check.

Posted

@Kringle_Shag You make a great point saving money moving a large amount of one crate to inner harbor by horse through infinite stacking. I did not calculate cost properly. I think I may even do that from now on! It can also save cont points since there's no need for the epheria port.

You're welcome =). Yea it kinda of smacks you in the face when you realize how efficient this can be. And yea w/epheria, I dont have it anymore. You lose one birch node, but birch is the cheapest to buy and usually the most abundant on the MP, so i'm never short on it anyway.

Posted

how much cp is needed for something like this?

1. You need to be able to hook up Trent -> Ancado Harbor.
2. You need to have enough contribution to hook up the nodes to get the raw materials for whatever packs you're making.
3. You need to have enough contribution to house all the workers for worker nodes.
4. You need to have enough contribution to hook up Epheria to ship the crates if you wanna ship them.

So that's like 100-150 or so at the bare minimum?

1 person likes this

Posted

@Kodiak Press M to open the map and click on the node which has the trader you want to trade with. Just left click on the trade wheel for the traders symbol and itll ask you to spend 1 energy to look at the prices. :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea i think the reason i'm so anti-shipping is that i use it to send other things back and forth too, like black crystals and platinum, so this cuts into my shipping ability on other things. The receive all bug was annoying too.

You don't have to turn in more than 100 a time, just do it exactly like you would normally through shipping. I make mediah and calph boxes and only run them over when i have 300+ of either one. I always have a backlog of boxes to turn in of both types, so getting them there in smaller increments wouldn't help me anyway.

Posted

@Kodiak Press M to open the map and click on the node which has the trader you want to trade with. Just left click on the trade wheel for the traders symbol and itll ask you to spend 1 energy to look at the prices. :)

Perfect thanks!

Posted

When Val dropped I had 3200 Calph boxes and just shy of 7K sunflower boxes to bring over. I saved my self an enormous 41.82 million in shipping and countless days of shipping time by pilling the entire stack on my horse and taking two trips to run them over. It becomes more and more efficient the longer you can hold out for more boxes. I sell 50 calph boxes(8 mill 50K ish) max at a time and 100 sunflower(4 mill 500K ish) max at a time and always wait for them to hit 130%. Currently @ Arti 5 trading  Calph boxes = 170,266 and Sunflower box = 50,240(made in Ephiria, slightly higher at Trent) for that first box at 130%. @Kodiak I wonder if I ever see you there as I'm there so damn often lol. I don't see too many people usually but occasionally, Infact I'm there right now for one last sell tonight.  Usually on Ser 02 Med 02 or Bal 02 Orwen is where I sell. Orodwen ranger alt, Aetherea.

Posted

When Val dropped I had 3200 Calph boxes and just shy of 7K sunflower boxes to bring over. I saved my self an enormous 41.82 million in shipping and countless days of shipping time by pilling the entire stack on my horse and taking two trips to run them over. It becomes more and more efficient the longer you can hold out for more boxes. I sell 50 calph boxes(8 mill 50K ish) max at a time and 100 sunflower(4 mill 500K ish) max at a time and always wait for them to hit 130%. Currently @ Arti 5 trading  Calph boxes = 170,266 and Sunflower box = 50,240(made in Ephiria, slightly higher at Trent) for that first box at 130%. @Kodiak I wonder if I ever see you there as I'm there so damn often lol. I don't see too many people usually but occasionally, Infact I'm there right now for one last sell tonight.  Usually on Ser 02 Med 02 or Bal 02 Orwen is where I sell. Orodwen ranger alt, Aetherea.

Mind if I ask you a few questions? If you are doing the timber crates like this guide says, how much money do you make per day and how much CP do you have? Lastly, does making high profits with this method require high life skills?

Posted (edited)

Mind if I ask you a few questions? If you are doing the timber crates like this guide says, how much money do you make per day and how much CP do you have? Lastly, does making high profits with this method require high life skills?

I have 260 CP, used all over and not just for timber crates. The bulk(for these boxes) will go towards getting all three nodes of each wood type the workers for making boxes + wood workstations and of course linking from town to town. I believe the link cost from Altinova - Ancado  was 18. You do Not need overly high life skills no, prof 5 processing will get you around 2.5 units average to one process of wood/planks and also at prof 5 you start proc'ing plywood from the base wood material. You can likely get prof 5 processing in a day if you were so inclined. Trade skill on the other hand, can take some time but is not required to be high, you'll just receive a higher bargain bonus(it is quite a large difference...but technically you can start whenever) I looked at trade skill leveling as a long term investment, it was boring AF(watch tv while doing it) and it takes a lot of RL time(but very little IG interaction) and now everything I sell that is a trade item(including pirate coins) will sell for more profits.

I currently have 9 Arti goblins all level 28+ gather the three woods, one per node 3 nodes per wood type. You do not Need arti goblins, get what you can but gobs are best for this work.  Fir tends to lag behind the other two and I often buy a little to top it up. With those running non stop, outside of sleep time where they eventually stop, I would say 1400-1600 wood per day is gathered. With that I can make approx 35-38 Calpheon boxes a day making around 6M/day. The limiting factor on money earned is wood stock and trade skill really. Unless you buy wood you just can't get a ton, but it's not much work once you get it all set and running. Sunflower boxes @Can@ actually make more per day as it's easy to get a lot of sunflowers and any black shards you acquire while tending the crops is just bonus. You'll never make as much doing this as grinding, but a large portion of this is afk/semi afk work.

PS: You can make more than the above if you buy wood from auction on top of the wood you collect, I personally don't much other than Fir.

For the love of god never do this, what a waste lol

rsz_12016-07-26_16127574.thumb.jpg.bd100

Edited by Teflondon75

Posted

I have only 350+ millions right now, but i spent over 2 billions in gearing up alone. how much did you spend?

Posted

I have only 350+ millions right now, but i spent over 2 billions in gearing up alone. how much did you spend?

I bought a tri-zaka and a duo guardian's seal, so i'm tapped atm. I was over 1 billion in silver.

Posted

@Teflondon75 Yea the horse method for single crates is beastly the more you save up.  I really wish I had the patience to level trading (since it's basically shortest hops between areas) but man I tried that for half a day and lost all interest.  It's actually a lot of activity with a lot of boring down time in between like you said and just wasn't fun at all.  One of these days I'll force my way through it I guess.  The big thing I'm waiting for is deciding between the two of my characters to play, as Musa seems pretty bad but their Awakening looks great and I want to see what they do with the Wizard awakening as well to decide between which of those two chars ends up sitting in Ancado haha.

As for your pic on crates, yea I don't get why people do that.  I basically prepare to turn in 50 of each crate for every 15% it has over 100%.  If it's at 100% I leave it alone.  If it's at 130% I turn in 100.  I've noticed, however, certain crates are always around 100% no matter when/what time of day it seems though like the Steel Crates.  I've pretty much stopped making those as a result.

Posted

I don't know what the exact shipping costs are because i never do it myself, but just going off of OPs guide, he says 800 + 4100 per crate. If Kodiak has 400 crates *4900/crate that's 1.96 million silver yo, not 400k =)

Also it's as afk as anything else in this guide, you autopath it and then you don't need to do anything but casually watch out for bandits until you hit sand grain bazaar. Then you point your horse to ancado and auto-walk and semi-afk again. You'd spend wayyyy more active time, tracking, receiving, shipping, and restocking shipping sites with silver for 400 crates than you would doing this by horse btw. 

How many crates can you put on a horse?

Posted

@Teflondon75 Yea the horse method for single crates is beastly the more you save up.  I really wish I had the patience to level trading (since it's basically shortest hops between areas) but man I tried that for half a day and lost all interest.  It's actually a lot of activity with a lot of boring down time in between like you said and just wasn't fun at all.  One of these days I'll force my way through it I guess.  The big thing I'm waiting for is deciding between the two of my characters to play, as Musa seems pretty bad but their Awakening looks great and I want to see what they do with the Wizard awakening as well to decide between which of those two chars ends up sitting in Ancado haha.

As for your pic on crates, yea I don't get why people do that.  I basically prepare to turn in 50 of each crate for every 15% it has over 100%.  If it's at 100% I leave it alone.  If it's at 130% I turn in 100.  I've noticed, however, certain crates are always around 100% no matter when/what time of day it seems though like the Steel Crates.  I've pretty much stopped making those as a result.

Trading does suck a rather large amount haha. Another option is to make shite tier boxes by the thousands if you have any base tier mats you don't use. Load them all on a horse, buff up to max with whale meat salad + trade shirt + elixir +etc and turn them in at the same city. You do lose some money on that but it was the long game for me so I did so anyhow and gained many trade levels that way. You can even just take those crap boxes to Ancado and make most of your cash back.

I remember you from ESO, Mostly Harmless yeah? Did you guys make a chapter on BDO back at release? I remember watching MH's interview of Richard Garriott, was an interesting watch! 

How many crates can you put on a horse?

Every last one of them, as long as it's one type.

Posted

Trading does suck a rather large amount haha. Another option is to make shite tier boxes by the thousands if you have any base tier mats you don't use. Load them all on a horse, buff up to max with whale meat salad + trade shirt + elixir +etc and turn them in at the same city. You do lose some money on that but it was the long game for me so I did so anyhow and gained many trade levels that way. You can even just take those crap boxes to Ancado and make most of your cash back.

I remember you from ESO, Mostly Harmless yeah? Did you guys make a chapter on BDO back at release? I remember watching MH's interview of Richard Garriott, was an interesting watch! 

Every last one of them, as long as it's one type.

Do you mean that i can put 1000 crates on a horse? Wtf, on wagon i can get only to 57...

Posted

Do you mean that i can put 1000 crates on a horse? Wtf, on wagon i can get only to 57...

There's a trick to it. Here's an example. For simplicity's sake let's say you can take out 50 crates from storage into your bag before going over the 150% (can't remember if that is the exact percentage) weight limit, and you have 1000 crates to move.

1) bring horse right next to storage npc and move 50 boxes into your bag.

2) exit npc, interact with horse's inventory and load all 50 boxes onto the horse. 

3) turn back to npc and get out 50 more boxes.

4) exit npc, interact with horse's inventory, but this time instead of loading boxes onto the horse, take the original 50 back. You should now have 100 boxes in your bag. At this point you should still be in the horse's inventory window, and now load all 100 boxes onto the horse.

5) Rinse/repeat steps 3) & 4) until you have all 1000 boxes on your horse. Even though your horse will be at 10000% of his weight limit, he'll still move just as fast as he would with a light load on his back. You won't be able to sprint or jump, but it's still about as fast as a wagon.

1 person likes this

Posted

Naw.  Most of the more casual members were turned off by the game's time commitment and the more hardcore PvPer types were more interested in a real PvP focused game like Albion Online where you can drop all your gear on death and such and work more as a team.  Personally I despise Albion so I'm left playing BDO alone for now.  Most of the time I sit an idle AFK waiting for Musa Awakening so I haven't tried to find another guild to join yet.