• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Calpheon Timber Crates: another 10M/day for a few clicks

86 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There's a trick to it. Here's an example. For simplicity's sake let's say you can take out 50 crates from storage into your bag before going over the 150% (can't remember if that is the exact percentage) weight limit, and you have 1000 crates to move.

1) bring horse right next to storage npc and move 50 boxes into your bag.

2) exit npc, interact with horse's inventory and load all 50 boxes onto the horse. 

3) turn back to npc and get out 50 more boxes.

4) exit npc, interact with horse's inventory, but this time instead of loading boxes onto the horse, take the original 50 back. You should now have 100 boxes in your bag. At this point you should still be in the horse's inventory window, and now load all 100 boxes onto the horse.

5) Rinse/repeat steps 3) & 4) until you have all 1000 boxes on your horse. Even though your horse will be at 10000% of his weight limit, he'll still move just as fast as he would with a light load on his back. You won't be able to sprint or jump, but it's still about as fast as a wagon.

Thank you. I will try to do this and travel in the desert , i haven't tried to cross the desert on horse yet, hopefully i will not die there...

Edited by Cappaspada

Posted

Naw.  Most of the more casual members were turned off by the game's time commitment and the more hardcore PvPer types were more interested in a real PvP focused game like Albion Online where you can drop all your gear on death and such and work more as a team.  Personally I despise Albion so I'm left playing BDO alone for now.  Most of the time I sit an idle AFK waiting for Musa Awakening so I haven't tried to find another guild to join yet.

I just cannot get excited about Albion, not even sure why. Just not feeling it lol. That does not sound like too much fun :P Although that is not far from what I do lately, not much guild activity with being at work and just doing a ton of AFK/Semi work from the laptop. Staying entertained in Disco when time allows.

Thank you. I will try to do this and travel in the desert , i haven't tried to cross the desert on horse yet, hopefully i will not die there...

If you are planning to cross the desert then head to sand grain bazaar and bring waters/teas. Depending on how fast your class is either stay on the horse and just go or get off, head out into the desert and whistle your horse to you. Horse will start running towards you and if you are a fast moving class you just dash/run/whatever across the desert and the horse will keep trying to catch you. Personally, I prefer going up and around on the northern route through Shakatu and continuing on that way. You just have to get off your horse to break one trap in the road I believe and kill a few of the gahaz bandits. It's not in the desert, either way is fine.

Posted

If you are planning to cross the desert then head to sand grain bazaar and bring waters/teas. Depending on how fast your class is either stay on the horse and just go or get off, head out into the desert and whistle your horse to you. Horse will start running towards you and if you are a fast moving class you just dash/run/whatever across the desert and the horse will keep trying to catch you. Personally, I prefer going up and around on the northern route through Shakatu and continuing on that way. You just have to get off your horse to break one trap in the road I believe and kill a few of the gahaz bandits. It's not in the desert, either way is fine.

^ Yea it's super easy to get through the desert. Just bring 20 water and 20 tea and you'll be fine. There are very few enemies on the open sand, and they're all completely avoidable. The horse moves slower, but not slow enough to deal with leveling and switching out to a camel imo. 

Posted

^ Yea it's super easy to get through the desert. Just bring 20 water and 20 tea and you'll be fine. There are very few enemies on the open sand, and they're all completely avoidable. The horse moves slower, but not slow enough to deal with leveling and switching out to a camel imo. 

I did it with only a problem in the first 2 travels due to the fact that i had not yet the ancient explorer compass so i was a bit lost in the sand. After that i did the quests for it so now for 3 days i will have no problem to cross the desert (until the compass will expire)

Posted

In the last month the price of Fir, Cedar and Birch has risen so high that Calpheon crates became much less profitable than other crates. So I sell these mats and buy mats for other crates. Please note that Calpheon crate has 15 plywood materials, so 2/3 Calpheon must be compared to the other crates:

crate.png

The last column is the money you get for processing the materials and sending, selling the crates.

Posted

In the last month the price of Fir, Cedar and Birch has risen so high that Calpheon crates became much less profitable than other crates. So I sell these mats and buy mats for other crates. Please note that Calpheon crate has 15 plywood materials, so 2/3 Calpheon must be compared to the other crates:

crate.png

The last column is the money you get for processing the materials and sending, selling the crates.

Dont understand. The last column is selling plywood or planks to vendor ? Or it is price of crate 120% minus material cost bought from marketplace minus transport cost ?

Posted

as far and gathering the materials yourself, cal crates are just as good right? 

Posted

as far and gathering the materials yourself, cal crates are just as good right? 

Please don't make me cry!

Posted

Please don't make me cry!

I ment via nodes/workers and not just buying supply's via the mp

Posted

If your workers make expensive materials, you are much better off selling them and buying cheap materials to make crates.

Posted

If your workers make expensive materials, you are much better off selling them and buying cheap materials to make crates.

What is the distance bonus you get? I get 103% and get like 140k/crate which is decent imo. I didn't calculate what I would get if I sold the processed materials instead but it's probably gonna be less? They all sell for less than 9k each some even 6-7k, but let's assume they all sell for 9k each:

15 planks (5 of each) x 9k + 1 black stone powder x 1.5k = 136.5k

Net profit after taxes = 136.5k x 0.845 (Value Pack bonus) = 115.3k

You would get 115.3k if you sell the materials instead of using them which is nice if you want that quick cash, with my alt on apprentice I get 140k on AVERAGE if I sold 40 timber crates at 130% in Ancado Innor. Shipping costs for the crates all the way to Ancado Innor is around 5-6k.

Posted

Gevlon's point is about opportunity cost, not the profit or lack of Calpheon boxes.

It takes 50% longer to make a Calpheon box than a Mediah box, but Mediah boxes sell for 80% of a Calpheon box *and* the material cost for a Mediah box is much lower than a Calpheon box (because everyone wants to make Calpheon boxes). Thus, you'll make more money - both per unit of time invested and per silver invested - selling Calpheon materials and making Mediah boxes (or Serendia boxes, for that matter).

It's not to say that Calpheon boxes are not profitable - they are - but that there are *more* profitable boxes to be made.

Posted

calpheon crates before energy patch

now you can add other 2 wood boxes (ash, pine, maple), brass, bronze, even the crystal stuff, you can afk-process pretty big patches with the crafting costume

Posted

So in short, I should pack up all my cedar/birch/fir nodes and start making other crates and getting my workers to collect those mats? 

Posted

Jesus, NO!!!

Your workers and your crates are different things. Your workers should make the most valuable resources.

Your crates should also be the most profitable ones.

If you have mats with no crates (like fir), sell them for profit. If you have crates with not enough mats (like copper), buy them.

Posted

There's a trick to it. Here's an example. For simplicity's sake let's say you can take out 50 crates from storage into your bag before going over the 150% (can't remember if that is the exact percentage) weight limit, and you have 1000 crates to move.

1) bring horse right next to storage npc and move 50 boxes into your bag.

2) exit npc, interact with horse's inventory and load all 50 boxes onto the horse. 

3) turn back to npc and get out 50 more boxes.

4) exit npc, interact with horse's inventory, but this time instead of loading boxes onto the horse, take the original 50 back. You should now have 100 boxes in your bag. At this point you should still be in the horse's inventory window, and now load all 100 boxes onto the horse.

5) Rinse/repeat steps 3) & 4) until you have all 1000 boxes on your horse. Even though your horse will be at 10000% of his weight limit, he'll still move just as fast as he would with a light load on his back. You won't be able to sprint or jump, but it's still about as fast as a wagon.

This sure sounds like exploiting game mechanics to me.  Has this ever been fixed in KR?

@CM_Aethon @CM_Tytyes @PM_Jouska

Posted (edited)

Edited by Karaad

Posted

This sure sounds like exploiting game mechanics to me.  Has this ever been fixed in KR?

@CM_Aethon @CM_Tytyes @PM_Jouska

14 days and nothing.  Gotta love the communication of this company.  Same deal on my customer service ticket.  No response. 

Posted

14 days and nothing.  Gotta love the communication of this company.  Same deal on my customer service ticket.  No response. 

try actually reporting it instead of trying to bait arguments and attention seeking

Posted (edited)

Everyone knows about this and has been doing it forever... Have you ever been to pirate island?

Edited by Kazx

Posted

This sure sounds like exploiting game mechanics to me.  

It is an exploit, they stated that they're looking into it and will be taking appropriate action.

6tsbeBp.png

Y0X06fq.png

Posted

is it worth to spend TONS of energy in order to Hire better Worker, or should i just go for Promotion Test?

Posted

is it worth to spend TONS of energy in order to Hire better Worker, or should i just go for Promotion Test?

If you have the energy: both. If you're short of energy, just stick with promotion tests and sack them when they hit lvl 30 blue - it will take longer, but you'll get there in the end.

Posted

If you have the energy: both. If you're short of energy, just stick with promotion tests and sack them when they hit lvl 30 blue - it will take longer, but you'll get there in the end.

do workers have higher chance for promotion at lvl 30?

Posted

They have not publicly said anything.  The told me they would investigate my ticket.  That was it.  The gm did not say that it was an exploit.  Kakao has no clue what is an exploit.  They have to go to pa for everything.