• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New awakening System, what will you do ?

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So tomorrow we get the new awakening System. On this Site when you hover over the skills where it says awakening you see the new Bonuses we can add.

http://form1ca.ru/media/bdo/calc/calc_16withthebeast.html

So i guess jolt is a no brainer, but which other two skills will you awaken and with which stats to it ?

I'm thinking about

Jolt:20AP in PVE/10Attackspeed

Whipslash: 10crit/3% Accuracy

And then it's either Fearful Trembling or Surging Tide with: 20%crit/15AP in PVP

With this you have when you farming always 20AP/10Attackspeed/10Crit/3% Accuracy

and for nice bursts you can use 20%Crit

Edited by Nudelstrudel

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Nice choices.

I wonder if there is a possibility to orient those awakening skills to make a "dot build".

• Does bleed damage from evasive attack's awakening dot stacks with sharpening claws dot? and with fearfull trembling's awakening dot?
  • Is it pure damage or do people have some resistances from those kind of damage?

I will test but I don't think it is very efficient.

Otherwise, I will opt for a PvE / PvP mix (very close to yours)

Fearfull trembling

• PVP +15AP for 5 sec.
  • Critical rate +20% for 9 sec.

Jolt Wave

• PVE +20AP for 8 sec.
  • Attack speed 10% for 5 sec.

and one of those two :

Void lightning PVP debuff

• moving speed -7% for 7 sec
  • casting speed -7% for 7 sec

Void lightning PVE

• +15 DP for 10 sec
  • +10HP per ennemy hit
Edited by UltraHeaven

Posted

Hmm sounds good for grinding with the Void Lightning, i want the Whipslash for for Maximum Damage on Worldbosses. Since casting Trembling on Worldbosses is cancer atleast for me :D. So i always have atleast 10% crit, would have loved to get hp reg on Whipslash, you can role one but it's the shitty one with like 3hp over 5sec or smth ....

Posted (edited)

The awakenings on Flash seem like incredible sustain to me. 30 HP/Mana on hit means I could forego the use of any potions while grinding. Not much benefit off of awakenings for this skill for PvP, but I'm willing to give that up.

Jolt is a no brainer. 20 PvE AP and 10% attack speed. The loss of 5% compared to our current version will hurt but hopefully the increased AP makes up for it.

After that it's a tossup for me between surging tide and fearful trembling. Fearful trembling has the better awakenings, but I personally don't have it max leveled so the cooldown will be longer than I'd like. I also end most of my PvP combos with surging tide, so the 20% crit buff would require earlier usage to get full benefit. Surging tide can however be used during cooldown for reapplying its buffs whereas fearful trembling cannot.

Edited by Falkyn
jolt not bolt

Posted

OHHH SHIT i didnt saw the 30hp back on Flash that makes some diffrence gonna think again about it :D

Posted

Once we get the awakening weapon enough of those skills have built in sustain that I would probably spec out of flash again, or at least change the skills away from sustain.

Posted (edited)

Yeah we have two skills with good hp gain with the awakening weapon, but for now 30hp each hit when grinding big pack sounds super gooood. I wish there were some mana gain to roll on skills. Ohh wait does the last row on Flash mean 30Mana each hit too ? If it's like that i might do

Jolt 10Crit/10AS

Flash 30HP/30Mana

Trample 20AP/3%Accuracy or 3mana for grinding

Yeah you miss the 20% Crit buff, but with this setup you always have everything up all the time and dont have to use spells on bosses you really dont want to use.

Edited by Nudelstrudel

Posted (edited)

Having maxed Fearful trembling myself, i'm highly considering the following

Trembling - 20 Crit for 9 seconds + PvP AP +15 for 5 seconds (or PvE AP +30 for 8 seconds).

Reason being a high uptime on 20 % crit, and Trembling being used a lot while grinding to restore some aoe, i'd have a high (90 % & 80 %) uptime on the buffs, which would severely cut down on the grind time.

Flash - 30 HP / 30 Mana restore on hit

Severely cutting down on potion usage while grinding is a huge advantage for profit per hour... and i like my profits :)

Jolt - 10 AS for 5 seconds + PvE AP +20 for 8 seconds

As mentioned above, no brainer, constant uptime due to the spammable nature of the ability.

----------------

This would however leave the build lacking (AP wise) for PvP, as such I've still not made up my mind on what to pick. The options suggested above are interesting indeed.

I've also considered Whiplash instead of Flash, it's all a matter of what will i end up doing the most. At the moment PvE has the upper hand, hence the higher focus on a PvE build, however this might be subject to change, seeing guild wars / node wars occur more often.

Furthermore, I wonder if the PvE +AP buffs stack (Which i sincerely doubt). In which case I might even leave out Trembling and take something else instead

Decisions... Decisions..

Edited by Sabrac_Ytar

Posted (edited)

I have no idea

I guess the only thing that's set in stone is those 10% attack speed on jolt (a bit split between crit and pve ap on jolt too).

Crit would be universal for pve and pvp, pve ap is pve only.. decisions indeed..

beyond that I'm really not sure... also forgot to reset all my skills last night and i'm lvl 56 now *facepalm*

Edited by Mish

Posted

Why what happens if you don't reset your skils?

Posted (edited)

Why what happens if you don't reset your skils?

nothing happens

i just thought i might want to tune it properly for this patch

i got too used to changing the skill tree around that i forgot that i already was level 56...

so for example, right now i don't have whiplash >_> (not enough points for both LoE and Whiplash, can't grind for long every day sometimes at all :|)

but with the patch's awakenings i'm not sure if loe will be more interesting even for pve due to the pve ap boost but my problem with it is always the same... stamina recovery

Edited by Mish

Posted

So i'm gonna try for now

Flash 30HP/30Mana

Jolt 10AS/10Crit

Trample 20AP PVE/Not sure

i dont have the big buffs like 20% crit with this, but on many skills we already have a high bonus crit + with 5crit on gear you are already more then good to go :D.

This skills you always use while farming so they are always up + you use them on Bossfights (atleast i do :D) so all the bonuses are always up in a boss fight (i wouldnt use Fearful Trembling or Surging Tide in a Boss fight you are to long animation stucked).

Posted

Legendary Beast Dance

• Increase PvE AP by 20 for 8 seconds
  • Increase PvP AP by 5 for 5 seconds
  • Increase Critical Rate 20% for 9 seconds
  • Increase Attack Speed 7% for 5 seconds
  • Reduce enemy Attack Speed 4% for 7 seconds
  • Reduce enemy Cast Speed 4% for 7 seconds

I wonder "Legendary Beast Dance" = "Legendary Beast Power".

Maybe it is a bad idea to awake a skill other than Jolt. Awakening weapons will change to much.

Posted

I wonder "Legendary Beast Dance" = "Legendary Beast Power".

Maybe it is a bad idea to awake a skill other than Jolt. Awakening weapons will change to much.

Legendary Beast Dance is a level 56 skill for the awakening weapon

Posted

So it looks like the 30hp on Flash are not very good since it got some kind of interal cd so i cant proc multiple on huges packs, the wierd thing is it works with mana atleast that's how i feel.

So i'm thinking about atm

Flash 30mana/10crit

Jolt 20Ap/10AS

and then surging tide/fearful trembling with AP in PVP and 20% crit or smth

Posted

Currently my Jolt awakening gives only 7 attackspeed. Anyone else has the same issue?

Posted

Currently my Jolt awakening gives only 7 attackspeed. Anyone else has the same issue?

bladers reporting a similar issue

one of the tooltips is wrong either the awakening or the buff one, now which of them...

Posted (edited)

Sure you didn't take the bolt awakening instead of jolt?

Edited by Bahska

Posted

I have no idea

I guess the only thing that's set in stone is those 10% attack speed on jolt (a bit split between crit and pve ap on jolt too).

Crit would be universal for pve and pvp, pve ap is pve only.. decisions indeed..

beyond that I'm really not sure... also forgot to reset all my skills last night and i'm lvl 56 now *facepalm*

im curious why you think crit is so good on tamer? Because bolt jolt is 100% crit and every other ability is pretty much filler or situational attacks or attacks pretty much used for only cc not the dmg

Posted

Guys when you use Jolt move your cursor in the buffs. Does it say 10%?

Posted

im curious why you think crit is so good on tamer? Because bolt jolt is 100% crit and every other ability is pretty much filler or situational attacks or attacks pretty much used for only cc not the dmg

Bolt Jolt damage is bad in PvP, and you will run out of stamina in PvE. Filler it is not on other skills.

In fact, unless you get back attack, down attack damage is way better for whiplash/LoE, and considering the sustain, of other skills, you'll want those too.

Also remember BJ seems physical so it does not get the effect from pole's -15% mag def debuff.

Crit is  very nice thing for tamer regardless.

Posted

My jolt awakening says 7% ats increase as well. Either wrong tooltip on skill or awakening window...

Posted (edited)

My jolt awakening says 7% ats increase as well. Either wrong tooltip on skill or awakening window...

same, the little icon is 7% for 5 seconds

also the hp per hit on void is only off cooldown and seems to heal a lot or just a little.

Edited by Mtl

Posted

same, the little icon is 7% for 5 seconds

also the hp per hit on void is only off cooldown and seems to heal a lot or just a little.

probably localization bug, as the 10% is reflect in other versions, so as usual, trust our tooltip never.

Posted

Bolt Jolt damage is bad in PvP, and you will run out of stamina in PvE. Filler it is not on other skills.

In fact, unless you get back attack, down attack damage is way better for whiplash/LoE, and considering the sustain, of other skills, you'll want those too.

Also remember BJ seems physical so it does not get the effect from pole's -15% mag def debuff.

Crit is  very nice thing for tamer regardless.

what are u talking about lol