• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Server Stability & Connectivity Issues

146 posts in this topic

Posted

Thank you for the communication on this! Much appreciated.

6 people like this

Posted

ty

1 person likes this

Posted

Never had any issue but thx anyway  ;)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I had never any Issues too but, Thank You :D (just some short laags at some days)

and... 

May u show us the Maintenance Duration for tomorrow?, it would be very nice  :) 

Edited by Nyrrow
1 person likes this

Posted

i dont really have that many disconnect issues anymore, but they still happen enough to annoy me. mostly just server lag/desync.

Posted

Glad to hear it. Its been a rough few weeks... 

Posted

SUGOII!!!!

Posted

Having desync since the game started.

Posted (edited)

Even tho I appreciate the comunication and aknowledgement of the problem, I'd like you to consider how this server issues affect lifeskillers, I'll use myself as an example; I started playing BDO for its versatility in "progressing" through the game in all forms; being no-lifeing, multi-tasking or afking, as someome who works and studies I've been completely devoted to this game trying to min/max whatever affects my afking progession (getting Artisian Workers, Contribution Points for fences/investing in nodes, etc), and even tho I dont have a single +15 item, boss armor or millions of silver (I'm a cook), and even tho I have over 100 days online, I'm pretty proud of what little I have acomplished (Cook Master 13, 330/330 Energy/Contribution, etc), I plant crops, raise Cows, and spend 80% of my online time in bed, getting energy to cook and further my character, so. . . you can clearly see how disconnects trump what little progression I can squeeze out of the game; as someome who leaves the computer unattended for most of the day.

I'm sure everything that can be done to solve this issue is being done, and I know it will eventually go back to normal, because I havent had this issues until recently so I know for a fact the game works; but I need you guys to understand that these server issues affect lifeskillers/afkers aswell (if not most of all) and that maybe you should consider giving us some love in the form of an event in the future, combat exp is nice and all, but us lifeskillers could use some love too, maybe when this issue is resolved, or later on. I'm on a Lifeskills guild so I know how this issues are impacting afkers, people are frustrated and I dont want to see players leave the game for anything other than the game sucking.

Edited by Hemuk
4 people like this

Posted

Filled out the form, hope you guys can resolve this soon

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Recently our servers have been the target of ongoing DDoS Attacks that have resulted in many players experiencing connectivity issues as well as server instability and lag spikes.  These attacks have been distributed across multiple game servers and our authentication servers.

As you can imagine dealing with these problems has been difficult to say the least, and as a result many players have been impacted by the results.  We have been working to resolve the problems, but as many are aware we still have work to do.  Most recently we have contacted multiple Internet Service Providers for assistance in mitigating the attacks, and as a result some of them have applied countermeasures for protection which inadvertently may be contributing to the disconnects.  We will be continuing our coordination with the various ISP companies to find a suitable solution as soon as possible.

Recently we changed our Port Setup and some users have had success forwarding ports 9991,9992 and 9993.  While the specific instruction on how to do this varies from router to router our Help Desk Article has additional links to assist. >Here<

We also would like to announce that, because of the situation, we will be offering to all of our players the following items. (We're planning to send them by in-game mail on Friday the 22nd of July)

• 2*GM's Intermediate Lucky Box
  • 5*GM's Blessing 2 (1h)

Our next course of action will be to improve our server hardware.  To facilitate these changes we will be sending a portion of of Team to the NA Data Center, but in the interim we would like to request some additional information from those being affected.

If you would like to assist us in narrowing down these issues, we’ve included a form with a set of instructions on how to submit useful data. This will be reviewed by our tech team as they work to resolve the matter.

Please follow the steps on this form and submit the requested information:

http://goo.gl/forms/VV4Y8ae7hNSTmOIr2

* Note there is an optional step at the end for advanced users wishing to contribute additional information.

We understand that this has caused problems for many of the Community, and we assure you that the problem has our undivided attention.  As soon as we have more information to report there will be another announcement.

Its GREAT news to hear this is being looked into. The connectivity issues have indeed gotten worse this week compared to the last when the DDoS attacks started. I know a good handful of people whom had really bad experiences with this that the compensation pales to make up for though. One friend in particular got used to the lagg delay he experiences in game and assumed he looted a Basilisk belt that he did get as a drop. Oh how very wrong he was. Ended up despawning by the time he realized his inventory being full notification was real and not something trolling him again. Some guildies have disconnected during Bheg and missed out on their lootbags and many of us know how fast field bosses melt long before someone can get back online. I personally have lost maybe 6 RNG loot drops at relics from disconnects in total. But my heavier loss I still feel the sting of personally, is that awful lagg delay during enhancement. Built up failstacks and got to DUO in 2 sharp stones which is AMAZING but, due to the lagg delay I didnt get that until after several clicks of enhance during that little freeze moment players are experiencing. Soooo that caused the additional clicks registered with a delay to reset the DUO to a PRI from a TRI attempt I would not have done. I would have built up failstacks first. Cost me around 7 sharps, 100 armor black stones and 40 Memory Fragments in harm due to that. So just from this sample size I can say the 

• 5*GM's Blessing 2 (1h)

would not make up for some of the loss people are going through. Something I would recommend is checking players activity logs of failed enhancements that seem unusual or drops they should have in their journal but have no recorded record of loot? Something that would help equalize the value. I understand some better compensation might be harder to do but it would be a blessing for everyone that has gotten a lot of their overall silver value nuked due to DDoS that should not have been a thing they had to deal with. If nothing else maybe some event that everyone, literally everyone can partake in to make up for the loss in silver value through some means. Maybe an event where Sharp Crystal Shards & Hard Crystal Shards drop from Monsters /but/ are untradable to not hinder the marketplace value? Or possibly have Memory Fragments be exchangeable through Hunter Seals or have an Event for them. As for those whom have had losses not from enhancements during ddos but from missing loots at field bosses or grinding maybe something similar?

All in all, hopefully something beneficial can be considered because there is a large number of players experiencing one of three things connected to the DDoS. 1) Reload screen anywhere which can cause death or annoyance. 2) Completely crashing having to log back in and /hope/ you load back in quickly. 3) Lagg spike delay where all actions are delayed for around 30s to a minute which can cause death, missed loot, extra enhancements. The cost in damages done to players heavily sits higher than the GM blessing t2`s and the Lucky Boxs. They do little for those that have some experiences with death or enhancement failures that would have not happened otherwise, if not due to the current situation. Hope to hear back. Cheers. @PM_Jouska 
4 people like this

Posted

I'm sure everything that can be done to solve this issue is being done, and I know it will eventually go back to normal, because I havent had this issues until recently so I know for a fact the game works; but I need you guys to understand that these server issues affect lifeskillers/afkers aswell (if not most of all) and that maybe you should consider giving us some love in the form of an event in the future, combat exp is nice and all, but us lifeskillers could use some love too, maybe when this issue is resolved, or later on. I'm on a Lifeskills guild so I know how this issues are impacting afkers, people are frustrated and I dont want to see players leave the game for anything other than the game sucking.

The GM blessings have Life XP +10% and Energy Recovery +1 if that helps. So that's 5 hours of +10% Life XP for you right there. Also, whilst they have been running combat XP events recently, they're currently running a fishing event (the 5 million silver fish) and a gathering one in a couple of weeks.  I personally think they're doing a pretty decent job of catering to both life skil and combat playstyles.

Posted

Jousk, normally I don't bother with stuff like this, with all the downloading and all. I've only experienced minor disconnections for the past few days, not sure if my input would be that useful. Anyway, I went on to do the second part, I've followed all the steps, and clicked 'Start', but this pop up would come up saying 'Unable to resolve hostname.'.

...Well, I've tried, Jousk :(.

Posted

oh thank you thank you for all this! :x i admit it was frustrating at first when you guys made it sound like its all our isp's fault and those who are affected by the problem are doomed to never enjoy the game again if we dont find a solution for ourselves. but thank you for saying that you guys are looking into possible solutions to this issue and improve on the server stability. as players, we will definitely help you guys in any way we can to help ourselves~~

Posted

Not the one to usually flame on forums, but seriously?! I just got this reply in my ticket aswell since I lost my +15 offhand trying to switching during lag.. So one just went poof.. And the reply I get is: We can't give it back but on friday we will give EVERYONE lucky boxes and gm blessings... How does that help or compensate for my loss? Man I enjoy this game alot. But this pissed me off alot. @PM_Jouska

2 people like this

Posted

Well good you're trying to fix it. The 1 vs 10 RBF I was in was funny for 1 time. But please never again. ^^ (Of course I was the 1 person)

Posted

The lack of communication is compensated by this one.

I hope you'll keep this way and keep us updated as soon as possible.

Posted

The GM blessings have Life XP +10% and Energy Recovery +1 if that helps. So that's 5 hours of +10% Life XP for you right there. Also, whilst they have been running combat XP events recently, they're currently running a fishing event (the 5 million silver fish) and a gathering one in a couple of weeks.  I personally think they're doing a pretty decent job of catering to both life skil and combat playstyles.

I do see how you might see it like they doshow uus some love but truth is; they dont:

Fishing is the only lifeskill in which you make profit and for basically no work, while the rest of us; Alchemists/Cooks, etc, that do those jobs for little to no profit while having to farm the mats ourselves; have been forsaken.

Want to talk about love for lifeskills? Let cooks and alchemists have a chance to cook/brew a golden dish/potion worth 2/3 million, that would be fair.

This fishing event is the purest form of "rich getting richer" I find it insulting but I dont complain in the forums cause I know I wont get anywhere but now that you mention it I HAVE to say something.

Cooks and alchemists do what we do for sport; mats are hard to farm and MP tax makes sure we dont make a profit, while fishers are richer than grinders, for close to no work, AND on top of that, they get shit like the golden fish, BUT the worse is the fact that outsiders (non-lifeskillers) look at the pedestal fishers are in and call it "love for lifeskills" while the other non-fisher lifeskillers in the game keep getting dragged on the mud, so while I gather, farm, plant my seeds, prune and harvest my crops JUST so I can be self-suficient and be able to keep the cooking cycle going, some mofo fisher just woke up from his nap with 5M in his bag.

I know I chose to be a cook, I knew what it meant, I knew it was hard, and that fishing was superior in every way, but the fact that they keep getting love from PA and call it "love for lifeskills" is insulting to the people that cook your +AP meals and brew your +EXP potions, I hope you can understand.

3 people like this

Posted

These issues have been ongoing now for over 2 weeks. It's nice to finally get some solid communication on it... I really hope this will be resolved very quickly. Please don't wait this long to do something next time.

Posted

Went through the survey. Would be nice if we could pick multiple channels. @PM_Jouska

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for being open an honest! and ofc for the compensation 

Posted

the "network tool" download link in the network issue tracker is blocked by kaspersky, reported as unsafe, reason : phishing

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Recently our servers have been the target of ongoing DDoS Attacks that have resulted in many players experiencing connectivity issues as well as server instability and lag spikes.  These attacks have been distributed across multiple game servers and our authentication servers.

As you can imagine dealing with these problems has been difficult to say the least, and as a result many players have been impacted by the results.  We have been working to resolve the problems, but as many are aware we still have work to do.  Most recently we have contacted multiple Internet Service Providers for assistance in mitigating the attacks, and as a result some of them have applied countermeasures for protection which inadvertently may be contributing to the disconnects.  We will be continuing our coordination with the various ISP companies to find a suitable solution as soon as possible.

Recently we changed our Port Setup and some users have had success forwarding ports 9991,9992 and 9993.  While the specific instruction on how to do this varies from router to router our Help Desk Article has additional links to assist. >Here<

We also would like to announce that, because of the situation, we will be offering to all of our players the following items. (We're planning to send them by in-game mail on Friday the 22nd of July)

• 5*GM's Blessing 2 (1h)

Our next course of action will be to improve our server hardware.  To facilitate these changes we will be sending a portion of of Team to the NA Data Center, but in the interim we would like to request some additional information from those being affected.

If you would like to assist us in narrowing down these issues, we’ve included a form with a set of instructions on how to submit useful data. This will be reviewed by our tech team as they work to resolve the matter.

Please follow the steps on this form and submit the requested information:

http://goo.gl/forms/VV4Y8ae7hNSTmOIr2

* Note there is an optional step at the end for advanced users wishing to contribute additional information.

We understand that this has caused problems for many of the Community, and we assure you that the problem has our undivided attention.  As soon as we have more information to report there will be another announcement.

Oh yay more Black Stone Rigged boxes, Thanks!, seriously tho Thanks, why not just give us black stones like everyone got from them last time.

Posted

We do appreciate the visibility & the clarity on the issues at hand. I think it's safe to say that we all hope they're cleared up soon. Thanks for working to stabilize everything!