• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fear about long terms programs

47 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just saw the new expansion video, featuring ocean, ships and battles.

I'm happy to see they are exploring new possibilities for the game but to be honest, i don't think that battles like this will be started that often..
Things are over complicated in this game it's often hard to complete the daily routine in 3h of game. in EU guilds are not even fighting each other because there's apparently no point on doing it, back before Valecnia there was plenty of pvp, but now it looks like half the population left the game, or at least plays in a passive manner. node war is flat, very few does it.. and even fewer builds/buys the siege weapons...

My guess is that only the most hardcore or pro guilds will be able to build a ship to fight in that update or buy the materials to do so, while all the others (those with a family, a job, a mate) will be left behind.
I mean, that happens in every game! but here in BDO there's a point you can reach as a "casual/hardcore" (3..4h per day) after that, if you want to go on, you gotta live inside the game, or you'll be stuck there forever.
When i bought the game i thought that reaching +15 would have done the job and take me to a decent gear score to take part in pvp, but now that people are running PRI, DUO and so on, it's even hard to watch at them, they blink and you die. It's okay to have a verticall progression with some farm to achieve higher levels but you can't force half the players to leave the pvp part of the game because they can't play 24/7 to get to +20

Many people buy the game and start it thanks to the gorgeous graphics, but that doens't last forever, if you can't compete with others, this becomes just a good looking singe player game.

Edited by Mortivoro
2 people like this

Posted

Many people buy the game and start it thanks to the gorgeous graphics, but that doens't last forever, if you can't compete with others, this becomes just a good looking singe player game.

Indeed. It is a good looking solo game. Everything else is delusional.

Posted

Only it is not a single player game, it is the "other players are here to stomp and frustrate you" game if you cannot gather the gear to compete.

Posted

This game is too time consuming for its own good and stat scaling is broken as -----, with 150ap I was doing no damage 3 days ago, now I have 175 and 1 shot most of the people

1 person likes this

Posted

This game is a marathon, not a sprint.

Quit expecting this to be World of Easycraft.

2 people like this

Posted

There is never any shortage of negativity in this forum.  I'm looking forward to this expansion and have no doubt I will enjoy it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This game is a marathon, not a sprint.

Quit expecting this to be World of Easycraft.

That's the same reason Wildstar died few months ago. 
People actually stop moaning about problems and just left the game. so then 2 or 3 hardcore guild was left ingame.
A hard games asks you to master your class and your combat skills, asks you to know the other classes so that you can prevent combos or grapples...
This is not a Hard Game, this is turning to a hard job, and not even well done, because once you hit the AP cap you can easily stomp your face on the keyboard and win! no skill is required, just AP.

That's not what many of us call competitive honestly.. 

Edited by Mortivoro
1 person likes this

Posted

Wildstar died because it was sh*t, filled with hacks, had cookie cutter quests that stuck you in one zone for far too long and the playerbase was one of the most toxic around.

Wildstar suffered TONS of problems.

Posted

There is never any shortage of negativity in this forum.  I'm looking forward to this expansion and have no doubt I will enjoy it.

Negativity is different from Criticism.

Posted

Negativity is different from Criticism.

Is that why your making a new account to post on ? 

You can dish it out but can't take it ?

Posted

Wildstar died because it was sh*t, filled with hacks, had cookie cutter quests that stuck you in one zone for far too long and the playerbase was one of the most toxic around.

Wildstar suffered TONS of problems.

yes and when people was talking about those problems in forum there was people like you yelling at them "like the game or leave" 
well, i saw how how it ended, and i'm seeing how it's going on here, i just changed my third guild and i'm here because this is the third guild leaving the game for the reasons listed below.

You are free to think it's all ok, i'm just reporting a common disease

Posted

Maybe if you did not  just go to cookie cutter areas and plow through levels and gear like a No Life...the rest of the playerbase would be more your speed. Since your so "leet " you just roll over the competition.

Maybe go play Korea and try your skills vs the asians, Captain Pro.

yes and when people was talking about those problems in forum there was people like you yelling at them "like the game or leave" well, i saw how how it ended, and i'm seeing how it's going on here, i just changed my third guild and i'm here because this is the third guild leaving the game for the reasons listed below.

21b.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Why cry over milk that hasn't even spilled yet?

Wait for the content to actually come out before you start casting shade as to why you think it wont work... you don't even know HOW it works yet.

Edited by bakimono

Posted

That's the same reason Wildstar died few months ago. People actually stop moaning about problems and just left the game. so then 2 or 3 hardcore guild was left ingame.
A hard games asks you to master your class and your combat skills, asks you to know the other classes so that you can prevent combos or grapples...
This is not a Hard Game, this is turning to a hard job, and not even well done, because once you hit the AP cap you can easily stomp your face on the keyboard and win! no skill is required, just AP.

A hard game means challenging one. When I log in, I can spend hour for killing of one mob, that is dangerous and stronger than me, but I will get a good reward at the end, and I will have fun meanwhile. Or I will take it with a group of mates, with lower risk, less time, and smaller reward.

Here I have to beat dozens of harmless mobs, millions times, over and over again, 24/7, just to stay in line with the addicted nolifers, but even then there are the insane RNG mechanisms, that make the gameplay completely boring and frustrating. If I want to play Diablo screwed by RNG, I will pay to Blizzard, but not to Daum.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why cry over milk that hasn't even spilled yet?

Wait for the content to actually come out before you start casting shade as to why you think it wont work... you don't eve know HOW it works yet.

The guy already admitted he hops games as much as he changes his underwear, once a month.

And he makes a new forum account to post this whiny sh*, KNOWING he is going to catch heat..

I think he needs to realize MMO's are not for him and he wants to much PvP related content so he needs to stick with generic one trick pony games like Overwatch.

1 person likes this

Posted

The guy already admitted he hops games as much as he changes his underwear, once a month.
And he makes a new forum account to post this whiny sh*, KNOWING he is going to catch heat..

I think he needs to realize MMO's are not for him and he wants to much PvP related content so he needs to stick with generic one trick pony games like Overwatch.

BDO is not a MMO, by any meaning.

1 person likes this

Posted

while all the others (those with a family, a job, a mate) will be left behind.

i HATE "excuses" like this. Seriously. 

• I work around 30-35 hours a week

• I spend around 15+ hours in the gym a week

• I spend around 4 - 5 hours eating a day

• I sleep at least 6 hours a day

• I dont even play the game every day

but still i managed to get

• Full DUO/TRI (Ofc not top-tier but by far enough for everything)

• running a 30+ man guild

• Artisan professions

• Close to 1.000 skill points

• Artisan workers in every single town that give me around 20-40 mil a day

Almost every single person in my guild has a job + family or goes to uni but still most of them managed to get the same things i listed above. Some of them even better gear/stats with less time. You're acting like you're only able to play the game if you quit your job/family. 

Especially with Night Vendor it's so easy for people with less time compared to others to catch up in gear. You can expect to have full Boss Armor within 2-5 weeks by logging into the game once  a day. 

Dont tell me you can't get enough silver for Night Vendor if you dont spend 6 hours grinding a day.

Let me tell you a secret how to get money without playing the game

50 mil investment bank. That alone gave me over 150mil within the last week for doing nothing.

Gear gap within the first couple months was expected.. Now with Night Vendor most people will catch up, slowly.. but they will. At some point the difference between casual and "hardcore" is +18 gear vs 19/20. In our version you can still join Node War / Naval Node War with +18 and do good against +19/20 people. This ain't KR where not only gear but also level matter. 

3 people like this

Posted

That's the same reason Wildstar died few months ago. People actually stop moaning about problems and just left the game. so then 2 or 3 hardcore guild was left ingame.

Wildstar died cuz it took them 2 months to fix simple stuff like broken pvp board. 

And yeah i agree it does feel like a job, if you miss few days u are allready behind. I still think things will calm down now after we get awakening since there wont be new gear to waste are lives on.. TRI is not that hard to get anyways and not many will dare to do higher for a while.

Posted (edited)

Look at it from a different perspective... those living inside the game are obese and or boney as -----, butt ugly, have no real life friends, and unhealthy... if they aren't then they are on the fast track to becoming that way. I am a casual player and I am glad I don't live in the game.. I have a roommate who is a prime example of literally no life... thanks to him I make god damn sure I don't end up like him.. however to be honest I sometimes do "try" to live in the game with what very little time i have to play.

I work 35-40+ hrs a week; got to pay those bills, spend time with the girl, cook and clean for myself, go to the gym weekly..  and I still manage. I don't feel like I am getting left behind or anything. 

The true challenge is balancing both the game and real life.. or at least trying to... if you give up on one or the other then that would say a lot about your integrity as a whole.

What you need is to find someone to game with.. and let the game revolve around you.. not the other way around. 

Edited by Becareful
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I almost wish they would casualize the shit out of their game so I wouldn't have to spend the few hours I play everyday grinding , gathering or doing the 5 required guild quests and I could finally focus on doing full time PvP which is to me the only fun thing about the game ...

Edited by Liven
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

but still i managed to get

• Full DUO/TRI (Ofc not top-tier but by far enough for everything)

• running a 30+ man guild

• Artisan professions

• Close to 1.000 skill points

• Artisan workers in every single town that give me around 20-40 mil a day

Almost every single person in my guild has a job + family or goes to uni but still most of them managed to get the same things i listed above. Some of them even better gear/stats with less time. You're acting like you're only able to play the game if you quit your job/family. 

Especially with Night Vendor it's so easy for people with less time compared to others to catch up in gear. You can expect to have full Boss Armor within 2-5 weeks by logging into the game once  a day. 

Dont tell me you can't get enough silver for Night Vendor if you dont spend 6 hours grinding a day.

Let me tell you a secret how to get money without playing the game

Hidden Content

Gear gap within the first couple months was expected.. Now with Night Vendor most people will catch up, slowly.. but they will. At some point the difference between casual and "hardcore" is +18 gear vs 19/20. In our version you can still join Node War / Naval Node War with +18 and do good against +19/20 people. This ain't KR where not only gear but also level matter. 

Finally a decent answer, i should build you a statue.
I'm checking many videos about passive slver farming, like the ones from the richest guy in bdo, he has a YouTube channel but i can't remember the name.. btw, he says the most profitable part of the game is farming live from the sausans, there was many other ways to get silver but nothing is profitable like active farming since Valencia.

Could you link me a guide or a video where i can learn "how to"?

While i'm sorry, i' think i hurted Visnja in the feelings.. never saw someone that mad in a forum.

Edited by Mortivoro
typo

Posted (edited)

Holy shit.  People crying About Future  expansions.  You Guys have a serious problem

Edited by Baci
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I didn't say that for the benefit of the OP, it's why I didn't quote him.

I understood pretty quickly it's likely just another sockpuppet account someone created to try to stir up more drama / doom and gloom. I did look at their posting history to confirm that this thread was, literally, 100% of their activity in the community.

I was more pointing out, for other people, we don't even know how these systems work yet.

This thread is yet another example of why posting needs to be tied to a purchase on your account.

Edited by bakimono
1 person likes this

Posted

It seems you have no daily job. And sorry, but you cannot convince me, that you play 1-2 hours, not even every day, and you are a competitive player. It is just not possible.

1 person likes this

Posted

While i'm sorry, i' think i hurted Visnja in the feelings.. never saw someone that mad in a forum.

Yeah, on a troll account, as if this was your first interaction with this forum, give me a break.

6447068667_fafbb09333_m_zpsf29bc465.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0