• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Introducing the Value Pack

1,157 posts in this topic

Posted

agree i just came back and see this russian p2w beggining i am done.

+1

Posted

Well GG/WP Duam how to ruin a game in one update. To think that a Korean game brought to west could be anything but p2w was stupid of people that had trust to spend this much time on it. Blah.

Posted

But as a reason for outfits being so expensive, they said they can add any future content for free. How could you defend them when it's their own words? 

Daum don't care about the game, they are just doing what PA tell them to do. When the game becomes P2W ill leave as well as many others. Right now I love the game and this "Value box" is hardly going to change that.

Posted (edited)

Please no 30% Market and 10% exp on this, you're going to lose so many of your players because of this, PLEASE GOD NO. WE DO NOT WANT P2W

Edited by Devilius
1 person likes this

Posted

"Marketplace Collection Tax reduced by 30%

For the duration of the Value Package players will receive a 30% reduction in the amount of tax applied from items sold on the Auction House."

What to say...............

Posted

Seriously? Game was doing so well since release and now you've just added blatant P2W. Gratz on killing the game for me and many others, I'm sure. Idiots.

Posted

@PM_Jouska

Please Remove 1500 Pearl 30% Marketplace Discount.

With the current F2P Cashshop items available and the price of the initial game,  i do not want a monthly subscription.

This does not bode well to the future of NA/EU BDO.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't see the tax benefit as being p2w, but I also can't see how they get around keeping it in and also keeping a large majority of the player base.

Posted

Ok... wait a second...

A 30% reduction of tax would be 30% of 35% would it not? Otherwise it would be a 30% increase in the amount received.

That would be 30% of 35% which is 10.5%. Total silver received being 75.5% and not 84.5%.

Or the other way around... you pay 70% of the tax that a player without the pack pays so:

1000 silver item.

Normally receive 650 silver

With pack receive 650 silver plus 30% of 350 = 755 silver.....

Are you sure the below is correct @PM_Jouska ?

• Marketplace Collection Tax reduced by 30%

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive a 30% reduction in the amount of tax applied from items sold on the Auction House. For instance: You sell an item for 100% of its value - Minus 30% of taxe - Minus 5% of local taxes = So you get 65% of the original value. With this item you get an extra 30% of those 65% => 84.5%

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

-----ING WHY. Every god damn game gets -----ing ruined now a days by stupid greedy -----s that do stupid shit like this. The more bs you add like this the more you will push your player base away. But you don't give a shit because all you care about is that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ then you wonder how the game died and make it f2p with even more p2w garbage.

Just -----ing stop it.

Edited by Zamary

Posted

This value pack will make the game a wasteland. What are these people thinking? The game just became pure ptw. 

Posted

HMMmmmm All those Salty Tears  keep crying Ppl

Posted

As a player who can afford to purchase the package and utilize it, this is completely pay to win. 

I don't mind an optional subscription style service to support a game I greatly enjoy but there are other options that could exist. The market place tax and experience increase is too much. 

There could have been unique limited costume, pet or mount options that could have been implemented for a subscription fee that would not impact the game or other players performance that do not participate in the subscription. 

I'm fairly disappointed that this game has taken a turn in this direction so early and I believe this will have a negative impact on morale and the player base. 

Please release some information regarding this update and calm everyone down. 

@PM_Jouska

Posted

Things more silver can do: Buy more stuff. Maybe help you efficiently increase sheet stats faster if you're smart about it. Probably just help a bunch of people realize the dream of ultimate Atwell a bit faster if you're not so smart. Maybe let you buy a decent horse a bit faster.

Things silver cannot do: Fix your skill build. Teach you how to play your class correctly. Reduce the dependency on RNG for gear upgrades. Get you more boss scrolls. Get you into a guild that will drag you along to their guild bosses. Increase the drop rate of boss armor, liverto and kazarka weapons, and the stones needed to upgrade. Make horse training and leveling any easier. Or, really, make any of the gathering, processing, or life skills super powered.

Silver is not some great panacea to the pains of the progression process. It does not confer some wild advantage. It does not materially change the core mechanics of the game. In the right hands it is a slight advantage. In the wrong hands it just slightly increases the scale at which you can fail at progression in this game. It just lets the pot addicts pot a bit more, the cash strapped be a little further down the path, and the knowledge strapped get a little further down their particular rabbit hole. Anyone who was already eyeing a 1bil tri tree belt is already so far past the average that the bonus literally doesn't matter. Anyone who is replacing their duo ogre ring is in the same position.

And with that... I guess all I can really say is: Flame on! *puts on asbestos underwear*

Posted

Daum don't care about the game, they are just doing what PA tell them to do. When the game becomes P2W ill leave as well as many others. Right now I love the game and this "Value box" is hardly going to change that.

I feel the same, it's not going to make me quit right now, Ninja seems to much fun. :D But it's going to give profit for people that got alot to sell. And with night vendor that gets them to buy boss sets sooner, shards, hards. decreasing the time they have to spend to get these things. If they never gave the outfit price the reason for needing to keep content free, then I wouldn't be suprised. But you can't say that, and then show us with every patch that they're trying to find the line to introduce small ways to achieve things faster without costumers going crazy. Now they've crossed the line, dye's were MEH. people went crazy over nothing, but when you sell a item thats worth 60mil, and you get 15million more then a non payer would get, I think that's big.

Posted

how is this remotely p2w?

Any time you're allowing players to exchange irl cash for in-game currency, which is what 20% more gold in-pocket does, you're giving players who spend a drastic advantage over players who don't.

Gold = Gear = more winning for less work

Not sure where you're struggling with this concept...

Posted

I just wanted to share my disappointment. I always defended every system you have introduced. even the dyes, since the p2w aspect is very low. 

However, allowing people to start market trading when they have the region node (5% tax shipped into guild coffers after conquest war is won) is turning this game into EVE online.

Now don't get me wrong, in EVE online it's fine because you will blow your ships up every now and then (or a lot of times)  and bam, moneysink applied.

Since this patch in BDO however, people will use the extra 30% of silver they earn to spend on the night vendor, and or on energy potions to then spend on the night vendor. Therefor, this subscription item will give "subscribing" users an unfair advantage over people who chose not to purchase the value pack.

Of course my math is off and all that, but I am no math person. All I am saying is that I doubt this will have a positive influence on the playerbase and that the whales in this game will finally be able to shine. And no, I don't mean the ones we're able to hunt with rifles.

Some possible changes in my opinion: (all are separate changes not to be applied together)

- remove the 30% tax thing from the value pack

- reduce the loyalty cost of the value pack

- lengthen the duration of the loyalty value pack.

Either way, I am disappointed and hope you listen to the community speaking out on your forums and on the bdo subreddit.

I hope you make the right choices.

The trouble is that the whales in the other versions had to buy pearl items and sell on the ah - so at least someone without real £$E could benefit and buy the item with silver. This just benefits the whales and NO ONE else

Posted

This is where they will hook most people:

Increase of Bag / Storage slots by +16

• All characters on account will temporarily gain an additional +16 inventory slots.

You get use to having those 16 slots and so they have you buying those packages over and over again.

Posted

Saltyness+ignorance=QQ

Posted

wheres my free one :o

Posted

it says (x3) or (x2) is that the 30 days one or the 1 day ones

Given the cost for the game I would venture to say its the 30 day. Most games that use subscription models give 30 days (not calling this a subscription). But I would really like some clarification from the CM's

Posted

Brace yourselfs the P2W Hammer is here. xD

I will laugh so much if these bonus packs from our conq pack are 1 day only loooolll that will be the ultimate trolling..... xD

@PM_Jouska you have good sense of houmor pal xD i bet you would be remembered the PM who hitted the last nail in the coffin :D

Posted

Fix patch instead of this no-sense items

Posted (edited)

Ok... wait a second...

A 30% reduction of tax would be 30% of 35% would it not? Otherwise it would be a 30% increase in the amount received.

That would be 30% of 35% which is 10.5%. Total silver received being 75.5% and not 84.5%.

Or the other way around... you pay 70% of the tax that a player without the pack pays so:

1000 silver item.

Normally receive 650 silver

With pack receive 650 silver plus 30% of 350 = 755 silver.....

Are you sure the below is correct @PM_Jouska ?

Yeah it would be this wouldn't it, not a negation of that whole 30%.

No one is going to be making an extra 30mill on an Ogres ring. Jesus people think.

@PM_Jouska You would do well to clarify this for the knee jerkers.

Edited by The Monk