• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Introducing the Value Pack

1,157 posts in this topic

Posted

Just remove the marketplace tax +30% and everything will be fine..

Posted

Are yoi serious? This must be a very bad joke.

Destroying the game with p2w...

Posted

Just remove the tax reduction from the pack and problem solved. Everything else in the pack is a nice convenience buy (Which i would get solely for the Char customization).

Posted

@PM_Jouska do you recongise these -----ing words?

Black Desert Online does not offer any type of subscription. All you need to do, is purchase a copy of the game (for instance by obtaining a pre-order package) and you can play as much as you want! Pre-Order FAQ

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

His words are correct and true.

Edited by Ginrei
2 people like this

Posted

https://gyazo.com/4a04d60eb0c2cf39d9a4537e72f8f39f

Value pack is 1,500 Pearls.

Its worth it if you like to grind and hate losing tons of money penalising you for selling it to make a bit of silver instead of upgrading :D 

1 person likes this

Posted

Most of what you guys have done has been great but this is pay-to-win in my opinion. I personally would ask you remove it from pearl shop altogether. As a loyalty item I can live with it, but it still pushes the line a bit. Many players will leave just because of this change.

1 person likes this

Posted

The value pack is no different than a merv pack, or a beauty pack. You may place a higher value on one package, but they are all optional and not required to enjoy the game.

Posted

You know its not actually a sub if you don't have to buy it to play right?

2 people like this

Posted

You can get the marketplace tax reduction thing with loyalties too.

Posted

still worth the money to compete.

you're part of the problem buddy.

Posted

You know its not actually a sub if you don't have to buy it to play right?

You kinda do tho, do you want to be the one getting less silver than everyone else? + the other advantages...

Posted

Things silver cannot do? Really? Can't you buy "boss armor, liverto and kazarka weapons, and the stones needed to upgrade" or a better horse? Are you sure we are playing the same game? 

Can you buy? Sure. But the people who were playing in such a way that they were already accruing that kind of money to buy and upgrade a kazarka weapon or buy a kazarka weapon already upgraded are just gonna be able to do it a bit faster. And the people who were not already in such a position likely have so much stuff that needs doing that it likely doesn't matter. We're not talking about free millions overnight. It's not like you get a million every day you log in with this item. You get more for selling items. If you're already selling items as a revenue stream then you make more for that. If you're not then you don't. Pull back a bit and look at the whole. Or, you know, go full apoplectic and see only the worst case scenario where everyone but you buys it and gets awesome drops that sell for large amounts of money all the time and can afford full duo in a week.

Posted (edited)

15 a month isnt shit most games are 15 to 20 a month anyways I love the item thanks for adding it players need to stop all the QQ skip star bucks twice a month and they spend the same.

Edited by Barrt

Posted

This is pay to win. There is no way around it. Think this might be the end of my time in BDO.

Posted

Does it surprise you that some products are worth more than others? What world do you live in?

Posted

Hell yeah!

Can't wait to get home to buy this. 

Let the QQ flow!

Posted

P2w Confirmed

Posted

Most of what you guys have done has been great but this is pay-to-win in my opinion. I personally would ask you remove it from pearl shop altogether. As a loyalty item I can live with it, but it still pushes the line a bit. Many players will leave just because of this change.

it'd be better if we just replaced our entire management, otherwise many players will still leave. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Does it surprise you that some products are worth more than others? What world do you live in?

just stop I'm not gonna have a conversation with someone who has logic as warped as yours.

Posted

And you'd be wrong.

What this addition does is take Black Desert closer to whatever definition of P2W you believe in. P2W imo should really be defined as 'When the cost of competing exceeds a reasonable amount of money to be paid for the product or service".

Now what is a reasonable amount to pay for a video game? What is a reasonable amount to pay for this video game? What is the cost to compete in this video game? What is a reasonable amount of deviation within those values? The simple truth is this will be different for each person. So please don't tell me the 'real' meaning of P2W because there isn't one. So all the developers/publishers can do is find the best balance that works for them. It's their game after all, not ours.

The biggest thing i notice about Black Deserts cashshop items is that they almost all have caps to the amount you can spend. So a players wallet only takes one so far. This is an important distinction between other games considered P2W. To me, the cost of competing is now higher, you need this package plus a few additions such as pets and LT. 

So everyone ask yourselves what you are willing to pay to compete in Black Desert? Remember you can still play and compete at a lower level without cashshop items. For me, the game is still the best available and still worth the money to compete.

Finally someone giving his opinion on why it isn't p2w without insulting or posting stupid memes that doesn't contribute to the discussion. Thank you.

1 person likes this

Posted

There are tons of games out there that cost almost nothing to compete in. Why don't you go play those instead? Or is there more to what you want than simple cheap game play? I dislike every other game on the market right now, free or otherwise. The only one worth my time and money is BDO. If BDO isn't worth your time or money, go find something that is.

2 people like this

Posted

Other arguments? 

The 30% tax reduction is FULL p2w, how can people argue against that? Their brain isn't efficient enough?

Let's illustrate: I sell a high cost gear for 300 million. With 35% taxes I get 195 millions back. With 5% taxes I get 285 million

THAT'S -----ING 90 MILLION MORE.

Now for the people who dont understand this shit: Imagine a game where you can buy an item on the cash shop that can be sold on the AH for 90 million silver. This is the exact same thing here.

THERE YOU GO THIS IS P2W. IT'S NOT BECAUSE YOU DON'T REALLY BUY AN ITEM FROM THE CASH SHOP THAT THIS ISN'T P2W.

And don't tell me that we can buy it with loyalties, you have to login for 14 days to get only 1 day of those buffs.

its not 5 % Taxes its 15.5 %

Posted

Had so much faith when they clearly stated the p2w failstacks have no place in our version and now they bring this. LOL time to quit.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is so game breaking, after all this time you now turn this game to Pay To Win, i was playing this game simply because it was not another freemium. The developers clearly laugh at us, 30 days pack to whoever has money to get the pearls and the rest will have to accumulate 14 days of loyalties to get the pack for only 1 day.  Mark my words in 2 weeks time siege and node wars will die cause noone will be able to do anything against guilds who pay for the pack and it's players will be like a raid boss. So far i have spent a respectfull ammount of money to the game to support it, now i deeply regret it and i vow to not spend another cent for as long as the developers keep the freemium style active