• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Introducing the Value Pack

1,157 posts in this topic

Posted

I just love how they kept promising us they were working on a way to make dyes accessible/bring us dyes and were brainstorming ways to do it for our version of the game but then they turned around and just inserted the korean pay for dye sub into the game. So why all the promises of coming up for a way for us to get/use dye when all along instead of coming up with something for our b2p version you went with the p2p korean method?

Posted

67577142.jpg

Posted

I believe many of you misinterpreted the 30% tax reduction.

Posted

Notice How none of the gm's are responding to the post :) :( ?  its because they all got a paid vacation to anywhere in the world exspensises paid via the value pack... If you support the game buy it, its 15 dollars its not like you can stack it. If you ever got to level 56, you relieze that the 10% buff isn't really going to help you that much. This is the probably with them not including a subscription to begine with, you have a bunch of f2p noobs crying and all the people who have money are like Meeh. It take money to run a MMORPG, it Takes resources. How do you expect them to do that? Have a better Idea submit a cash flow plan for them.

Posted

BdzBmA4.jpg

Posted

+10% EXP Attracts Lifeskillers and Grinders.

Merv's Pallet/Beauty Salon attracts people into costumization.

+16 Inventory/Storage Slots attracts everyone, since extra slots on alts is great and storage means saving CP to be spent in nodes, etc thus furthering gameplay.

My point? You chose a great variety of legitimate "quality of life enhancing" perks that would attract most dedicated players (which is the mayority, cause lets be honest, to play this game you have to be dedicated), so I dont understand why you needed to add the Market Place Tax break, most people would pay 1k pearls for HALF of those perks,  why create controversy? you KNEW people were gonna lose their shit with this MP perk and it wasnt really necessary, siince even without it, it's still a great deal.

IMHO This is STILL not game breaking and I will keep supporting this game until the day you implement things like energy pots/blessings of kamasilve to the PEARL SHOP, or any other kind of item that limitlessly impacts progression directly proportional to the size of our wallet, until then. . . see yall ingame.

1 person likes this

Posted

Subscription mode: "Value pack"

Yes or No poll:

Posted

Other arguments? 

The 30% tax reduction is FULL p2w, how can people argue against that? Their brain isn't efficient enough?

Let's illustrate: I sell a high cost gear for 300 million. With 35% taxes I get 195 millions back. With 5% taxes I get 285 million

THAT'S -----ING 90 MILLION MORE.

Now for the people who dont understand this shit: Imagine a game where you can buy an item on the cash shop that can be sold on the AH for 90 million silver. This is the exact same thing here.

THERE YOU GO THIS IS P2W. IT'S NOT BECAUSE YOU DON'T REALLY BUY AN ITEM FROM THE CASH SHOP THAT THIS ISN'T P2W.

And don't tell me that we can buy it with loyalties, you have to login for 14 days to get only 1 day of those buffs.

Thats not how it works, its just been worded wrongly. It's still 35% tax, its just people get a additional 30% of the sale after taxes

Posted

Thats not how it works, its just been worded wrongly. It's still 35% tax, its just people get a additional 30% of the sale after taxes

How does that change anything? Still way more money.

Posted

this isn't wow nor ffxiv, if I wanted to play these 2 shitty games I would've.

They're so shitty but have way bigger playerbase and are doing way better than BDO. Hmmm. 

Posted

Minority forum opinion, but I'm glad this option is in the game. Don't get me wrong, this is definitely P2W, but I already considered the entire cash shop to be P2W. You may not agree, and that's fine, we're not all lemmings and we're entitled to our own opinions.

For me, P2W translates to paying for an advantage. Most of the cash shop items were providing an advantage of some sort. Costumes weren't just appearance skins, they have buffs. Outfits that also have buffs. Horse, boat, wagon, and camel costumes that have buffs. Pets with buffs, who when you get higher tiers (through more buying) get more buffs and loot faster. Weight expansion so out of touch with what's available in the game it becomes a huge advantage to buy it all when you factor in the grind in the game.

I've worked in the game industry a long time. I've worked on F2P titles. Any time the word "convenience" gets thrown around, you're paying for an advantage and will have it over others who don't. Game companies bank on that and it has a major impact on funding the game.

Some questions for @PM_Jouska:

• If I buy 12 of these Value Packs, can I take them all at once so I have this buff for 12 months? How do you prevent the dying to reset if we can't linearly stack this item?
  • Will there ever be a true subscription option so I don't have to worry about buying this item manually?
  • The KR version has 30% XP buff - why didn't that make it to our version?
  • What was the thought process behind not including unlimited bleaching with this pack? Unlimited dying seems like a half-step.
  • Now that we have 30% tax break, can we just go ahead and get Valks Cry?
1 person likes this

Posted

For $15 I can go play a Pay 2 Play MMO and NOT have a disgustingly expensive cash shop on top of the monthly fee.

How greedy can you get?

Remember when they said the cash shop was only going to be cosmetic items? LOL

1 person likes this

Posted

Personally I think the updates awesome, the game needed a premium feature to it, most of those in the pack is what I would expect. OK the 30% isn't really needed too much, but it does make it damn appealing so ill be happy with it and ill pay the sub like I would to any game I actually would invest time into.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like this package. It is a pay to win the thing? Idk, I regard this as a help. Many of those talking here are -----ing about it not because it cost something and give any advantages, but just because others will have the same advantages too. Some of you are old in this game, not by the meaning, but by the time and money spent in the game and I understand all of you guys come to a prosperous life now, on a hard long road. When you spend cash almost every month for stuff, for sure you will have 1500 pearls for other stuff. I really don't know an MMO that does not have a system similar to this, some just do good stuff for players others destroy games. It's a management, god or bad. So try to look from a different perspective.

Posted

Since it seems CM's and vm's are reading, I figured I'd give my opinion about this whole situation. 

1: You said multiple times that cash shop would be purely beauty/cosmetics and pay for convenience (for example, extra inventory weight or extra storage space).

2: This item is the opposite of what you said. Let me give an example: A sells items for 100 mil at the marketplace/AH and gets 65 mil after tax. Now, player B who bought a value pack, sells for 100 mil at the marketplace/AH and gets 84 mil after the tax. Now, every 100 mil that player B sells for, they'll gain 19 million more than player A. This is p2w per definition. As player B PAYS to get much more silver from the same sale. Aka they "pay to win" or rather: Pay --> get more silver ---> use silver for better/more gear/enchants/Accessories ---> wins in pvp ---> P2W. As a player, selling for 100-200 mil per week isn't that unheard of, meaning a 19-38 mil extra every week. 

3: In conclusion: Imho, either remove the marketplace effect completely, or reduce the loyalty 1 day version to 200-300 loyalty. Although I'd still prefer the removal of the effect. 

PS: Ik you said you'd wait 1 week with every response to anger etc. after a patch, but do you really think that's a good idea in this specific case @PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon and @CM_Tytyes? I'm sure none of you are dumb, so you should be able to relate with the playerbase on this one. 

Posted

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here we go i called the p2w from the beginning <3

Posted (edited)

Remove the effing tax thing from the sub.

I read the post until page 7, too much to read so im just posting myself too.

Theres one coment i liked a lot, "the internet remembers" well we better start colecting the real life names of every responsable on Trion, Pearly Abys and others, and make memes about them, get them effing out of the busniess. Now.

Edited by JohnLocke

Posted (edited)

For $15 I can go play a Pay 2 Play MMO and NOT have a disgustingly expensive cash shop on top of the monthly fee.

How greedy can you get?

Remember when they said the cash shop was only going to be cosmetic items? LOL

still can since u don't feel like doing it on this game. the pack not that expensive and is worth it price.

and it never been only cosmetic items, not even on release.

Edited by Seadyan
1 person likes this

Posted

I've stood my ground against the P2W claims for months...but this one is definitely P2W. 

This is a bad idea. :( 

Can we please have a patch that doesn't include a bomb shell. 

Posted

Palette of Merv

We know a large number of our players spend an incredible amount of time customizing your characters down to the last intricate detail. Many of you have been very active in sharing these creations within the beauty album, one of our favorites of course was the creative individual who took pictures of a camel instead of their character’s face.

As always we strive to provide players with a wide variety of methods in which to truly make their character unique in Black Desert Online. We’re happy to announce that on July 20th we’ll be adding the Palette of Merv to the list of available options to do so.

Please for the love of god tell me this isn't your solution that you guys mentioned to dealing with the RNG based dye system we currently have. Some tenable faith is riding on this decision.

Posted

Most of the Package Contents are in the game already and you can also take it with loyalty.....so don't cry.

1400 loyalty for ONE day, that's 14 days of logging in to get one day of it.

Posted

Thank DAUM. Thank you guys will be out of the game and experiencing other things .....

Posted

Since it seems CM's and vm's are reading, I figured I'd give my opinion about this whole situation. 

1: You said multiple times that cash shop would be purely beauty/cosmetics and pay for convenience (for example, extra inventory weight or extra storage space).

2: This item is the opposite of what you said. Let me give an example: A sells items for 100 mil at the marketplace/AH and gets 65 mil after tax. Now, player B who bought a value pack, sells for 100 mil at the marketplace/AH and gets 84 mil after the tax. Now, every 100 mil that player B sells for, they'll gain 19 million more than player A. This is p2w per definition. As player B PAYS to get much more silver from the same sale. Aka they "pay to win" or rather: Pay --> get more silver ---> use silver for better/more gear/enchants/Accessories ---> wins in pvp ---> P2W. As a player, selling for 100-200 mil per week isn't that unheard of, meaning a 19-38 mil extra every week. 

3: In conclusion: Imho, either remove the marketplace effect completely, or reduce the loyalty 1 day version to 200-300 loyalty. Although I'd still prefer the removal of the effect. 

PS: Ik you said you'd wait 1 week with every response to anger etc. after a patch, but do you really think that's a good idea in this specific case @PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon and @CM_Tytyes? I'm sure none of you are dumb, so you should be able to relate with the playerbase on this one. 

And if you add the fact that someone starts selling dye after they buy this....

Posted

It doesn't matter what it is called. It is clearly P2W. Not happy. I stopped playing Archeage due to P2W.

Posted

Rest in pieces Daum.

1 person likes this