• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Introducing the Value Pack

1,157 posts in this topic

Posted

So for those of you who fail at Math....  Here is my source from this topic origin.

Marketplace Collection Tax reduced by 30%

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive a 30% reduction in the amount of tax applied from items sold on the Auction House. For instance: You sell an item for 100% of its value - Minus 30% of taxe - Minus 5% of local taxes = So you get 65% of the original value. With this item you get an extra 30% of those 65% => 84.5%

95,000,000 Ogre ring

Before buff = 61,750,000

After buff = 80,275,000

Difference of 18,525,000

So yeah, still a far cry from 90 mil+

Not to mention the fact that probably 5% of the people whining about this problem will even have an ogre ring.  If you are whining about the chump change of 18 million from one item sale that frequently takes days to farm then you have no idea how to actually collect money in this game.  You guys serious need to spend more time researching the game that you play and less time whining in these forums and maybe you'd actually understand how absolutely infinitesimal (means really small) that 18 mil really is.  You can easily make that much money in one trade run.

If you are whining that you are going to quit over this then please do the rest of us a favor and quit and stop posting here.  I don't want to see posts from you guys in 2 months when you decide that all the other games suck out there and you come back to this one.  If you are quitting then destroy your gear and delete your characters and don't come back.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I hate monthly things so much, I feel like if I decide I want to play something else for a few days or a week then I am throwing my money away. So as a person who loves to play many different games this whole thing kind of really rubs me the wrong way. The expensive costumes and other things as one-time purchases, okay fine, but this steps over the line for me. I am very disappointed with Daum.

I get it that I can just play more, but I want to be able play less and have that buy-to-play game I was promised with no subscription model.

Edited by Vorbeck

Posted

I hate monthly things so much, I feel like if I decide I want to play something else for a few days or a week then I am throwing my money away. So as a person who loves to play many different games this whole thing kind of really rubs me the wrong way. The expensive costumes and other things as one-time purchases, okay fine, but this steps over the line for me. I am very disappointed with Daum.

I get it that I can just play more, but I want to be able play less and have that buy-to-play game I was promised with no subscription model.

who say you have to buy it ....you can still play the way you are.

1 person likes this

Posted

who say you have to buy it ....you can still play the way you are.

Sure I don't have to, but if I don't I'm at a clear disadvantage. I've spent plenty of money on this game, but so far it has been things that I only needed to purchase one time. Mount costume, character costume, pets, inventory and weight. I enjoy the game but I like to play more than just this game. I am a hardcore gamer and not just a BDO player. If I buy this monthly thing which gives very clear advantages especially with the extra 19.5% silver I will get from the market, but if this week I want to play BDO and next week I want to play another game then to me I feel like I am wasting my money and being shoehorned into playing. I want to play a game because I want to play it not because I feel I have to play it. To me the difference is very distinct which is why I've shied away from games with subscription models in the recent past whether they be forced subscriptions or the sort of VIP package that they're offering now.

Additionally it feels like some of the things I've bought are now less value if I want to buy the subscription anyway for the less taxes. All that bag space and weight I bought, I probably could have saved $30 or so and used that for 2 months instead. But now I have more of that than I will ever really need. All in all, this really rubs me the wrong way and it is just thrown up with no warning.

Posted

I wish you would also embrace the fact that this is a Grind2Win game. That whatever perks some people can purchase to save time and attempt to keep up with a level 56 or above in terms of gear, money or level its good, since you wont get bored alone in the desert playing with the same people all of the time. I also hope you can realize that grinding takes time and that 10% is really not that much, not even 50%, when some of us work 48 hours a week while some other just spend their days in constant gaming.

Life is not fair and I dont complain about the people who can have the luxury of game time Dont be selfish and dont complain about a convenience item and label it as p2w when is not.

If I can purchase a liverto or boss armor with real dollars or euros, that is p2w. 

If I can purchase an advantage, it's pay to win. Just because your perceived notion of 'advantage' is warped to fit your scenario, doesn't make it any less pay to win. 1 cent spent to gain 1 experience is still pay to win, just because the severity in your situation/play style is lessened doesn't make it any less pay to win. You can pay for an advantage, be it a player who just joined or someone in the top 10, your example is wrong, it's not an opinion, it's fact. But please try and debate me more white knight.

Posted

for all those defending this;

if it's not p2w then why was it implemented?

people who defend this and say "its p2w but thats okay" are one thing. but people who say "this isn't p2w its just helpful" are literally stupid.

like you can't be that stupid. can you?

Posted

http://www.strawpoll.me/10794948

Just spread this around and let them see the results

The poll kind of sucks, I'm not going to quit but I am disgruntled and I am not going to buy the costume I was planning on buying today for the ninja

Posted

Sure I don't have to, but if I don't I'm at a clear disadvantage. I've spent plenty of money on this game, but so far it has been things that I only needed to purchase one time. Mount costume, character costume, pets, inventory and weight. I enjoy the game but I like to play more than just this game. I am a hardcore gamer and not just a BDO player. If I buy this monthly thing which gives very clear advantages especially with the extra 19.5% silver I will get from the market, but if this week I want to play BDO and next week I want to play another game then to me I feel like I am wasting my money and being shoehorned into playing. I want to play a game because I want to play it not because I feel I have to play it. To me the difference is very distinct which is why I've shied away from games with subscription models in the recent past whether they be forced subscriptions or the sort of VIP package that they're offering now.

Additionally it feels like some of the things I've bought are now less value if I want to buy the subscription anyway for the less taxes. All that bag space and weight I bought, I probably could have saved $30 or so and used that for 2 months instead. But now I have more of that than I will ever really need. All in all, this really rubs me the wrong way and it is just thrown up with no warning.

your at disadvantage already because u play other games. People have an advantage over others because they spend all time here , and probably have no life. So either way your screwed.

1 person likes this

Posted

To all who love the new premium feature. Buy it, it is your money. I wont buy it, my friends wont buy it. We are waiting to see what will happen and if this premium feature stays we are quiting. You stay if you want.  We spent already a lot cash for the game which is B2P with free-to-play shop and now with subscription. This is GREEDY. More for weight (200lt added) more for pets (4 pets added), more costumes (30$ or euro each) and this isnt enough money for them, they need subscription fee. What are you paying for? Laggy servers with desync, maybe good customer support, fast responce or maybe balanced chars which skills work. I like this game and i thought i will be playing this game for next 3-4 years. I had hope that everything will be fixed step by step but look,  all the work is concentrated to taking you money, not fixing lag/desync/broken classes. As for people that work and dont have time to play thinking that with this feature they will have a chance to catch no lifers you wrong, no lifers will be more efective with premium. You will sell one item a day they will sell 10 items a day. 

Posted

Why would i pay real money to un-dye my armor and replace it with a temporary 30 day version? If i were to buy this item, i would at least like the ability to apply a temporary dye over a permanent one, without loosing dye I've paid tons or silver (or pearls) to already earn. People would still buy this to apply any dyes they want, but forcing players to purchase bleaches for all already dyed armor is ridiculous.

''hey we know you paid us money to get these(permanent) dyes already- but if you buy some bleach for each dyed piece of armor and buy this item every month you can get all the dyes !'' so I've had to pay for all three, when really only one was necessary all along? Please fix this so we can apply temporary dye over permanent dye. the lighting in this game is so crap that the previews don't help, and it would be nice to test the dyes in game using this item without having to waste permanent ones

Yeah I knew from the start they were milking the random dyes and waiting until everyone gave in and used them on their armor so they could make it seem like Palettes of merv was a good deal. After spending tons of cash for random dye and struggling to get a matching set, suddenly having any color you want without RNG looks great no matter  that its monthly.

Palettes of Merv was in the game from the start, they just did not activate it on purpose.

I remember a thread asking how much people had spent on dye packs, some people spent upwards of $500 to get all the dye they wanted. That's nearly enough to have pallets of Merv for 3 years!

Imagine how those people that spent hundreds of dollars feel now they have to pay even more to buy bleach for those $500 dyed sets. Though honestly if they spent that much money on dye packs to begin with I would hope they are rich (wales) and thus probably don't care.

Whenever someone would ask about Palettes of marv becoming available in NA/EU version they played dumb, acting like it might not ever be in our version (In other words yes please spend all your money on random dye, don't worry about this unlimited dye palette where you can actually pick the color you want... yeah it may never come!) 

So yeah they were super sneaky and did it on purpose, no doubt about it.

It is really shady, and that is why I have a problem with it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Remove this please, P2W people can play Archeage...  

Posted

I actually dig the value pack and would like to see other similar subscription based items as an option. Perhaps even a tiered level of subscription plans. Like Value Pack Plus which offers access to outfits across characters or other perks. 

I've been waiting a long time for Merv's too so I'm happy. 

Posted

your at disadvantage already because u play other games. People have an advantage over others because they spend all time here , and probably have no life. So either way your screwed.

I think you're completely missing the point, I realize I'm already at a disadvantage, but I am comfortable where I am at now. My main issue is that it is clearly a subscription and given the nature of some of the things offered this potentially widens the gap exponentially. Experience on costumes is one things, the diminishing returns on leveling is extreme but there are no such impositions on silver. Therefore one of those no-lifers will benefit from this exponentially more than someone like me.

Again though I hate timed subscription things more than simply pay-to-win items. I hate feeling forced to play something because my money has been spent on something that has a time limit. This is again coupled with the fact that there is no warning announcement whatsoever for this, I could have saved a lot of money on bag space/inventory space had I known that they were going to add this thing in next month.

Posted

To all who love the new premium feature. Buy it, it is your money. I wont buy it, my friends wont buy it. We are waiting to see what will happen and if this premium feature stays we are quiting. You stay if you want.  We spent already a lot cash for the game which is B2P with free-to-play shop and now with subscription. This is GREEDY. More for weight (200lt added) more for pets (4 pets added), more costumes (30$ or euro each) and this isnt enough money for them, they need subscription fee. What are you paying for? Laggy servers with desync, maybe good customer support, fast responce or maybe balanced chars which skills work. I like this game and i thought i will be playing this game for next 3-4 years. I had hope that everything will be fixed step by step but look,  all the work is concentrated to taking you money, not fixing lag/desync/broken classes. As for people that work and dont have time to play thinking that with this feature they will have a chance to catch no lifers you wrong, no lifers will be more efective with premium. You will sell one item a day they will sell 10 items a day. 

Also, who said no lifers won't buy the subscription too? It's not like only casual players are allowed to purchase it lol.

I had hope that everything will be fixed step by step but look,  all the work is concentrated to taking you money, not fixing lag/desync/broken classes

^This.

I Don't mind cash items, i have purchased some outfits and had planned on getting palettes of merv. But they can not even be bothered to fix things like mismatched textures and broken hair in character creation that has been there since day one. And don't even get me started on the glow in the dark hair bug DX.

I wish they would fix the game instead of just pumping out new content and never ironing out stuff that is already in place.

Just look at the older classes, Sorceress and Warrior have really low res face textures and low poly head mesh compared to the newer classes. I somehow doubt they have any intention of updating the old textures/meshes.

Posted

I am not quitting yet, but have decided to not spend any money on this game until I know the affect this item will have on the game. I expect a wasteland though, which will mean the death of the game. 

Posted

for all those defending this;

if it's not p2w then why was it implemented?

people who defend this and say "its p2w but thats okay" are one thing. but people who say "this isn't p2w its just helpful" are literally stupid.

like you can't be that stupid. can you?

Are you a Trump supporter? Did I ever insulted you calling you stupid because you might spend hours on end in the game while you cash in social benefits? Or perhaps youre millionaire and feel you can own everybodys way of thinking?

You think you are the only one entitled to an opinion here?

Pay too win, from my point of view is paying for gear and weapons in a game. If you feel or think it's not that way, good for you, voice your opinion. Otherwise, I suggest you calm down and stop the name calling. 

In fact...reported. And we know you really dont care ^^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

In all honesty this is a major p2w item mainly because the fact that you get a lot less tax taken when you use this... So anyone selling major items needs to be using this. 

on the other hand if all you quit mindlessly freaking out.... For $15 for 1 month you get all this stuff. You get the pallet AND unlimited character customization with the exp boosts, market tax, node thingy, weight, and inventory slots (and the hidden item drop rate +20% boosts, but lets not talk about that). 

So sure.... its now a p2w, b2p, sub based game. But at least we get something out of it o/ 

Anyway, i have an income so I don't care and either way less tax from market isn't going to make you better then someone who works harder in game then you. 

Edited by Asami
1 person likes this

Posted

In all honesty this is a major p2w item mainly because the fact that you get a lot less tax taken when you use this... So anyone selling major items needs to be using this. 

on the other hand if all you quit mindlessly freaking out.... For $15 for 1 month you get all this stuff. You get the pallet AND unlimited character customization with the exp boosts, market tax, node thingy, weight, and inventory slots (and the hidden item drop rate +20% boosts, but lets not talk about that). 

So sure.... its now a p2w, b2p, sub based game. But at least we get something out of it o/ 

You have such info aboat 20% boost to drop rate?

Posted

Are you a Trump supporter? Did I ever insulted you calling you stupid because you might spend hours on end in the game while you cash in social benefits? Or perhaps youre millionaire and feel you can own everybodys way of thinking?

You think you are the only one entitled to an opinion here?

Pay too win, from my point of view is paying for gear and weapons in a game. If you feel or think it's not that way, good for you, voice your opinion. Otherwise, I suggest you calm down and stop the name calling. 

In fact...reported. And we know you really dont care ^^

What are you talking about?

The only thing I've stated is my opinion.

It's my opinion that you're stupid.

!?

Posted

Also, who said no lifers won't buy the subscription too? It's not like only casual players are allowed to purchase it lol.

I didnt say that. I sayd " no lifers will be more efective with premium

Posted

If this is p2w, then they should also remove the costumes with 10% exp rate on them because that's also p2w, right?  Or does "p2w" has some exemption to its title?  Or I should say.. the "P2W" has some "hidden stats" to it.  

Posted

Oh nice...I love how the ignore works on this forums :D

Reported again then ignored. Not in the mod for the name calling.

Posted

Time to delete this game...

Bye!

Greetings Adventurers,

We’re excited to announce the introduction of the Value Package with the upcoming patch on July 20th, this tidy little pack contains a bundle of helpful goodies to assist you on your adventures through Black Desert Online.

As this is a fairly sizeable addition to the game and there are several quality of life enhancing items included, we’ll go over the contents of the pack in greater detail below.

tXPm15Q.jpg

Value Package Contents Pearl Shop (30 Days)

• Distant Node Investment

• Players can remotely invest in a node using the in-game map, similar to the un-invest node function.

• Increase of Bag / Storage slots by +16

• All characters on account will temporarily gain an additional +16 inventory slots.

• Weight Limit Increased +100

• All characters on account will temporarily gain an additional +100 weight capacity.

• Unlimited Beauty Shop Access

• For the duration of the Value Package players will be able to utilize the Beauty Shop Access as if they had purchased a 30 Day version from the pearl shop.

• Combat / Life / Skill / Horse Experience gain +10%

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive an additional 10% experience gain for the forms of experience gain listed above.

• Marketplace Collection Tax reduced by 30%

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive a 30% reduction in the amount of tax applied from items sold on the Auction House. For instance: You sell an item for 100% of its value - Minus 30% of taxe - Minus 5% of local taxes = So you get 65% of the original value. With this item you get an extra 30% of those 65% => 84.5%

• Merv’s Palette (30d)

• Players will gain the ability to use any dye available within the game on their armor without owning it. Please check below for additional information.

• Bonus Items for purchase: Elion’s Blessing (x5), Bleach (x10)

Value Package Contents - 1400 Loyalty (1 Day)

• Distant Node Investment

• Players can remotely invest in a node using the in-game map, similar to the un-invest node function.

• Increase of Bag / Storage slots by +16

• All characters on account will temporarily gain an additional +16 inventory slots.

• Weight Limit Increased +100

• All characters on account will temporarily gain an additional +100 weight capacity.

• Unlimited Beauty Shop Access (1d)

• For the duration of the Value Package players will be able to utilize the Beauty Shop Access as if they had purchased a 1 Day version from the pearl shop.

• Combat / Life / Skill / Horse Experience gain +10%

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive an additional 10% experience gain for the forms of experience gain listed above.

• Marketplace Collection Tax reduced by 30%

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive a 30% reduction in the amount of tax applied from items sold on the Auction House.

Additionally to extend a thank you to our awesome community for their support and give everyone a chance to experience the Value Pack for themselves. Players that have purchased one of the following game packages will be able to redeem a coupon on their account page:

Traveler’s Package:

• Value Package (30 days) (x1), Elion’s Blessing (x5), Bleach (x10)

Explorer’s Package:

• Value Package (30 days) (x2), Elion’s Blessing (x10), Bleach (x20)

Conqueror’s Package:

• Value Package (30 days) (x3), Elion’s Blessing (x15), Bleach (x30)

* Coupons should be available by Friday the 22nd of July

Palette of Merv

We know a large number of our players spend an incredible amount of time customizing your characters down to the last intricate detail. Many of you have been very active in sharing these creations within the beauty album, one of our favorites of course was the creative individual who took pictures of a camel instead of their character’s face.

As always we strive to provide players with a wide variety of methods in which to truly make their character unique in Black Desert Online. We’re happy to announce that on July 20th we’ll be adding the Palette of Merv to the list of available options to do so.

Functionality:

Most of you are likely familiar on the process of dying your armor at this point, the palette alters this function slightly. There are a few key differences that require mentioning:

• Once activated you may use any dye available within the game.

• You must use bleach to dye over a piece of armor that has already been dyed.

• After the Palette of Merv has expired (30 days) your armor will return to its original undyed state.

2n5sZVv.png

It only take a few additional steps to make use of the Palette:

1. Activate the Palette of Merv Item via your pearl inventory.

2. Open your dye window by pressing “J” on your keyboard.

3. Select the Palette of Merv dye section. (Indicated in the above image)

4. Select the armor you would like to dye and begin customizing!

As always we hope you enjoy your time in Black Desert Online and wish everyone the best of luck on their adventures, please feel free to leave any questions or comments below.

Update

Value Packages for those who purchased previously will go out this Friday.

YES!  Thank you Daum!

We appreciate all you have done for us, and . . . . .

DO NOT LISTEN to all the whiners out there. If they are unhappy with this game, they can leave.

Posted

Well, that value package is quite something. Maybe if you reduced all the other ridiculous prices, it would actually be a decent monthly fee esque thing. As it stands I still have to pay you $30 an outfit. Which I haven't been doing much of recently.

2 people like this