• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Introducing the Value Pack

1,157 posts in this topic

Posted

i think all thinks in CS or this Value Pack is P2W...

+16 inventory slots = more items for sale... 

next reduce 30% tax... 

all what you need in this game is inventory and weight max... then if i can buy all thinks from CS = p2w

i don't like that... CS ok... but CS + Premium ... i hate this

What? 16 inventory slots doesn't have anything with how many items you can sell.. what the hell man? 

Posted

And secondly this will turn it into P2W : You have more silvers? You buy more pearls. 

Wait, what? When i buy currency in a game with the currency of the game its P2W? :'D

Pearl > Silver   ye that would be P2W for sure.

Silver > Pearl   tho? 

Posted (edited)

1. As much as I want this, I don't want this. Simply because first setting a value for silvers to $/€ will be unknown. Who knows 1000 pearl (10$/€) = 200 000 000 silvers?? And secondly this will turn it into P2W : You have more silvers? You buy more pearls. 2. Lowering the price of Loyalities for items is fine.

Did you ever play GW2? And let's see. You need time to get some money out of the game. You buy pearls using your time. either if it's ingame, or while you're working. I don't see more p2w as it is now... And I don't put the label p2w on BDO before the value pack was released... now I'm unsure...

Oh and they can make a rather bad exchange rate and make it variable...

Edited by DDXT-Airi

Posted

Kek GTFO thanks.

BTT:
So the Tripple dipping maximum Cashmilking Jewmode has begun what a sad that day for this welp what can i say i got Daumed again i guess oh i mean kakaod  hehehe..

./sigh this industry really make me reconsider my hobby more and more..

Switch to the indie games; buy once, play a s long as you like (Stardew Valley ftw)

Posted

All you guys complaining about it will get over it just like people did with the Gillie costume. I think its a good thing regardless.

Posted

well the game now compares 1:1 with archage :).

hurry up and sell tet gear already

1 person likes this

Posted

keep-calm-and-give-me-your-money-71.png

Posted

GG I am done with this game 

Posted

If there isn't any changes and the Value Pack stays as it is now, I'll leave too. When I bought BDO I expect a minimal impact of the Cash Shop in the game and now I'm seeing the first steps in Daum, Kakao or whatever to become another publisher milking his player database and turn this game in another P2W. So for me as an old gamer I got enough of this Premiums Subscriptions, DLC's and stupid things just made to milk our money, so if nothing changes ill return to Dota2 and CS:GO. Valve knows how to manage a game and I don't need to worry of the future of their games like It's happening here. 

1 person likes this

Posted

So after community choose to not have ANY premium content with Buy to Play method, Daum decide say "f*ck you all" and still add premium content? Cause this is nothing more that monthly premium payment.

So... sorry but its not what you said at begin. For me Daum done worse thing that Trion at Archeage. You won't have my money.

#Shame

Daum_premium_scam.PNG

2 people like this

Posted

Reading posts in this thread once in a while makes me think that some of you guys are completely brainless or your skill as trolls are 10/10.

People are claiming that additional silver does not influence the power of your character? You'd better drop that fishing pole for a while and check how the game works for once instead of staying AFK 24/7. How is increased silver not influencing the character growth in a game where you can buy the best possible gear via the MarketPlace? With enough silver you could have the best gear possible in the game from level 1 just steamrolling through everything.

And obviously 30% gain from sells won't give you that kind of money and it still involves player actions like reselling stuff / selling farmed stuff but this kind of silver is still VERY profitable directly influencing the power of your character.

Also what kind of nonsense is that it's only directed for casual players to catch up? You think that people who hardcore in this game and enjoys the game wouldn't buy it? And just in case you still don't understand, who you think will earn more - casual player selling 1 expensive item monthly or hardcore player selling multiply MoS and other stuff daily? If anything it's just another gap between players but this time not related to time directly but whether someone paid or not for the subscription. Those who doesn't have time to play nor enough funds to buy the subscription will be just cornered being completely powerless to two tiers of players now instead of 1.

Also, to those claiming 10% exp is not much - keep saying that and mind my words the moment you realise the truth. And the truth is that number wise 10% isn't much but if you add up all the cash shop items like 4 pets with +exp, combat exp costume, subscription and two exp gems in your helm that person with more funds will have it easier buying it via new marketplace system, that's a wooping 52% exp increase (12% from pets, 10% costume, 10% subscription and 2x 10% from gems accesible to everyone who farmed them / had enough money to buy them). It's 32% exp purely from the cash shop where you could spend anywhere from 100 euro to much more depands how much RNG luck you get wiht the pets.

For those who lack the basic sense of how much 32% is, it's nearl 3 times faster than the person who doesn't pay. That is by no means a pay for convinience.

If you want to play a White Knight at least get some basic knowledge or at least give proper arguements, as your simple "No, because i don't think so" just proves how retarded or easygoing you have to be. 

If silver wasn't this important in this game there wouldn't be so much drama. Problem is that gear is everything in this game and as long as you can buy the most powerful gear this will be a huge issue no matter how you look at it and how hard you'll try to argue with everyone this is just P2C, this will not change the truth that it DIRECTLY incluences the growth of one's character.

4 people like this

Posted

Im so disappointed with this......think I need awakening weps to feel better at this point

Seriously  tho. Im sure they know this is pay2win and that they said they wouldn't  but I cant really see them removing such a great money maker off of moral concept of keeping their word lol. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You're a company, can't blame you for making money.

It's your bread, you can do whatever you want with it. We just acquired a licence to use the "service".

But you know your product, right? This is a OWPVP game ! Grind, Farm, Level, Gear, Time, Money... Which mean any advantage you get from the cash shop is enough to brand it P2W (depending on player's point of view). You said "Time2win" and now it goes well with your "Time is money"

You set the limit of those "small" advantages but working 1h will net you more IG stuff than 1h playing xD

I wouldn't mind a sub, I don't mind buying stuff from the shop for "convenience". I don't play for free, as long as the game is fun but paying to stay competitive? I won't.

P2W (or whatever people calls it) is a viable part of any economic model and I won't argue with players about it but is not my stuff so I'm gonna lag behind for free while you keep the game running with someone else money.

Kinda feel we'll get more of those cash item :ph34r:

Have fun,

Posted

So let me get this straight people are calling this a sub that shouldn't be on a buy 2 play game. Now remember this is optional and remember most other major MMOs also do this.

WOW you have to buy the base game + expansions + a sub (which you can now purcahse in game witih gold)

FFXIV you have to buy the base game + expansions + a sub

BDO you have to buy the game, expansions are free and you don't actually need to buy the value pack (which you can also purcahse ingame with loyalty)

You just tried to compare two franchises that have been here for 20+ years that have millions of fans with BDO? If you look at the production of FF14 and WOW it's literally godly compared to BDO. In bdo the AI is mentally retarded. Mobs literally only have one pattern, while in WoW they gain up to 5 different ones at later levels. Bosses in bdo follow a simple pattern, but their stats got insanely buffed that takes out the balance for melee. Also not to forget that the production costs for both MMOS are way higher than BDO.

Posted

Credit card Warriors incoming this is incredible

Posted

Honestly I am okay with this and I don't consider it Pay 2 Win since they removed the stat bonuses. If, however, the overall community(not just the forum lurkers) want to change the marketplace feature. May I make a suggestion of changing the market place bonus to something like allowing multiple(while still limited in number) pre-orders, or perhaps allow pre-orders to work world wide no matter what city the pre-order was placed in?

Posted (edited)

Pay2win? LOL

Look at this picture, please. It is from Russian BDO which is Free2Play.

For approx $9 you can get one of this:

Kzarka's weapon;

Giath's helmet;

Bheg's gloves;

Muskan's shoes;

Red Nose's armor;

Cron stone x 10;

Basislisk's belt;

Blue whale molar earring;

Gold Ingot 100g;

and lots of other useful items.

So THIS IS REAL P2W.

But, Daum, I kindly ask you, do not do the same here. This will KILL the game.

2016-07-21_24135572.JPG

Edited by Ickis
1 person likes this

Posted

@PM_Jouska ...

So ma man what about you stop watching the threads and you finaly reply to this?! Guys srsly i was expecting alot in this game wrong moves bugs class unbalance but the least expected was pay to win. And no guys you cant say its not pay to win its a monthly subscription and you waited with it because you was scared to loose players would you release it at the start right? Now almost 5 month into the game alot of players dont quit the game because you released pay to win shit now because they spend 100 of hours grinding/gathering/enchanting/euros and they dont want to loose that right? Pretty smart i clap for that. But honestly the hole idear releasing a korean p2w game as a p2p game was born to fail. What do we have currently. As a Bdo Player which grinds alot you have to buy to be competetive: Costume for Exp 30€(I would say its not necessary but nice to have), weightlimit 46,50 (You loose too much time without around 50% of you grind time cause you busy stow items), pets around 40 €(safes you alot of time aswell around 50% aswell) if you dont got the free pets and now also the Value Pack to be effective selling stuff life skills profit the most for example or selling rar shit like kzarkas. So you alrdy spend 150 euro for the game to play and now ontop of that there is a new ghilli and a desert fox wich helps you grinding in the desert NOW a monthly subscription 180€ a year btw there is also for the navel update a new costume wich is necessary to swim faster there probably a pet aswell you have to get to play the naval update and there will be much more in the future so safe hundres of € alrdy because you will need them or quit the game.

This game didn't deserve any playerbase anymore because you guys go to far! The game is fun sure Arche Age was aswell but you guys start to runin the game more and more with every update so people will start to leave the game soon even if they played the game for 5 Month. Im alrdy started to play casualy because you still hold on with awakening to even grab more money new skins weaponskins(awakening weapon skins) which cost probably around 10 euros.

Ty Daum for the big reply to the Thread silently watchting, laughing and waiting until the community calms down to let it be as it is. 

Lets check if you reply this time i doubt it!

Posted (edited)

First of all I want to say that I have not spent a cent in the cash shop. Time will tell if I do or not but I know the value pack won't be advantageous to me because I'm not focused on making money at this point. I'm neutral on this topic. I honestly don't know what side to go on. So I'm labeling points for it first and then points against it. 

Points for it: 

Why are all these people against this? The 30% tax reduction does not eliminate all taxes. The original tax is 35%. All you people who say this is eliminating the tax all together are false. Now let me just clear up that this is from what I've seen. If it's false, fine. I still have points to bring up on this topic. People who buy this will have no advantage. How so? You can still make money in this game. Using the marketplace is one f the few ways to make money in this game. There's grinding, fishing, training and selling horses, farming, alchemy, node investment, etc. Hell, I can't even list all the methods of money making all in one post. There are a lot although some may be slow methods. You still make silver all the same in the end. Now with this value pack the speeds are different. If you buy this value pack you pay a 5% tax and thus get 30% more than everyone else who doesn't have a value pack. Now say that item is an ogre ring. Moving onto a person who doesn't have that item, has the goal to sell that item (whether it be through enchanting to increase value etc.) and grinds to get that item. That may well over take three hours, it all depends on luck. The person sells that ring say and gets 65% profits. But, what do both get in the end? Silver. I've also heard that items would be cheaper in the marketplace? I would assume there would be an inflation but to clear it up, I'll make that into a point as well. Value packs will then be of no value if prices drop and thus people who buy through the marketplace to get items will have an advantage to get the items they want. Again, don't know if the price dropping is entirely true, I would say it inflates. Moving on, the phrase pay2win is where a player buys either an item not obtainable through a game, is hard to find through the game, or has a huge advantage over someone. 

I've heard in the KR version that the full stats give AP, DP, EXP, etc. Now is that pay2win? Yes. Is this value package which removed AP, DP and other stat benefits pay2win? Black Desert is expensive. It is a responsibility to stabilize. This package was introduced in terms to make steady income. 

Anyway, I still feel neutral on this so I'll label reasons going against the value pack. 

Against the value pack. 

From what I've seen, people have said Daum/Pearl Abyss/ Kakao(...?) promised never to bring this in. That's a lie. We have been lied to and that's a solid reason to go against this. It's like Hillary Clinton lying to all of us about emails (I'm assuming this has a similar effect). Although all in the end people make silver, player 2 with the value pack makes more silver. 

Although there's few points against it, I'm somewhat torn between the two. Anyway, I'm slightly interested in making a poll on this. And there's a question for you all if the tax reduction was removed, "Would you still buy the value pack?" 

PS. So sorry if there are any mistakes. I typed this all on a phone >_<
Edited by Solita

Posted

Pay2win? LOL

Look at this picture, please. It is from Russian BDO whic is Free2Play.

For approx $9 you can get:

Kzarka's weapon;

Giath's helmet;

Muskan's shoes;

Red Nose's armor;

Cron stone x 10;

Basislisk's belt;

Blue whale molar earring;

Gold Ingot 100g;

and lots of other useful items.

So THIS IS REAL P2W.

But, Daum, I kindly ask you, do not do the same here. This will KILL the game.

2016-07-21_24135572.JPG

9$ ?????

xDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxD

Posted

P2W. Not looking good for the future of the game right now.

Posted

Its funny I see the same people Every Single patch say "This is bullshyt I quit......Then you see them next patch saying it again. LOL If you do not  like the pack do not buy it. Nowhere does it say you HAVE to get the sub. You think they will remove it because 100 of you come here and complain while the thousands purchase it? NOT.  We will see you "Quitters" on here again next patch I am sure complaining!! besides what else you gonna do without a job 

Posted (edited)

First off how is this p2w? It doesn't give you weapons to be OP against anything, it gives you extra weight limit and tiny bit of XP boosts which you can clearly buy through loyalties or foods off the market place which again if you have these on and 1v1 one me in pvp you won't have an advantage of me unless by lvl difference and higher lvl gear which does not come into this pack. The tax reduction is not winning, it reduces tax but you still need to gain the silver to buy the item which is easily done with fishing and farming dailies plus many other ways. The distant node investments... really? This is not game breaking, you invest a node across the map,  you are NOT fortifying a node for a node war which are only on a few channels. This is either pay a little to get a node from any point or just auto run there as you make some tea in the meantime. The Elion's tear res you right away, keeps you from losing 1% of xp if lvl 50+ I believe but it doesn't protect your crystals and durability or give you bonus powers when you res to kill anything. If i used Ellions tear after let say a lvl 60 player kills me, my health won't be full and he/she can quickly one shot me... see, no advantage for pvp. PvE advantage if you are farming and don't want to res away from the location you are at. Then lastly... Dyes... seriously this pack is a gives you a boost in PvE and how this game is going it is never ending. No level cap so those xp boosts will definitely help grinding on the soft cap or boost up to the soft cap but again market place has food that does similar effects. 

If they able you to BUY the top tier badass gear or giving the player boosts in health, armor, and damage to were you can one hit anything from pve to pvp no matter what level you are... That would be pay to win, not a boost for your literally never ending PvE adventure with your dye pack. This pack is just a time saver for a never ending game in PvE.

Want to also add that this game is OPEN WORLD and does not force you to take a path in the game after tutorial, you can literally from start go fish the rest of your life or go farm mobs or go tame horses or many other things. Since there is no level cap and no official end game what advantage do you really have against other players since its go at your own pace type of game?

Edited by Grim Reaper

Posted

Its funny I see the same people Every Single patch say "This is bullshyt I quit......Then you see them next patch saying it again. LOL If you do not  like the pack do not buy it. Nowhere does it say you HAVE to get the sub. You think they will remove it because 100 of you come here and complain while the thousands purchase it? NOT.  We will see you "Quitters" on here again next patch I am sure complaining!! besides what else you gonna do without a job 

You buy everthing right? Because you have to work and you like to get ahead right? you would probably also buy the p2w boxes right? Ye ofcause you would cause you a filthy casual thats its man so you complaining dosnt matter her

Posted

Right, first of all... For the people that are saying that value pack is p2w - yes and no. 

For people with limited time to play it is just a small boost to at least be able to compete. For example myself, I've got 2 hours of playing tops everyday. How would it make people like me top the ranking lists? The ones that are 24/7 online there is not much of a difference if he will have those additional 30% of tax money or 10% exp as they will be on top of everything anyway. It is not that overpowered as you would think it is. Yes, it could be dissapointing when other people can buy something and perhaps you are unable to, but it is what it is and the game will not survive without a cash shop. One time purchase is not enough and I fully understand why this was introduced. You can do the maths, but in terms of exp, you can grind what, 30 mins more and will be still the same? In these extra 30 mins you can also get drops that will equal that 30% gap. 

Once again, it is only my personal opinion.