• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Introducing the Value Pack

1,157 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

People seem to have forgotten what the difference is between P2W and P4C.

Edited by Xiralux

Posted

@CM_Aethon Dunno which CM is the one to ping but just to let you know even after relogging when receiving silver from the MP the system message is still saying 65% when the actual amount is 84.5%

I sold 2 sharp crystals for 6.7, which would be 5.6 post tax (and actually was put into storage) however the system message said 4.3 was received.

After further clarification from the Developers we have confirmed they are aware of this. While the system does not currently display the calculated price when using the value pack, players are receiving the correct amount of silver from sales upon clicking the receive button.

Posted (edited)

If you stopped reading after the first line of text then there is no point to read all of yours and prove on why it is not pay to win but i did and here you go. Also since you are the probably the type of person who sees one thing with a % and real money symbol next to it in a game you will quickly assume it is pay to win without taking in the facts on how this mmo is played out and what the item actually does. If you some how get passed the first few sentences further on I explain how you are wrong and how everyone is wrong about it being pay to win, if you do not want to continue either don't reply or tell me to shut up and move on like everyone else does.

Player B is level 50+ and has a guild plus is able to play non stop do dailies unlike player A even though player A gets the tax reduction. Player B can push harder than player A and get the sword before player A does. The bonus experiences does give any huge advantage over in a fight pvp to a boss fight just more xp gain for a never ending leveling. So no I still do not see it is pay to win when it benefits the player in a small amount, does not benefit the player in any buffs for fighting in pve or pvp nor does it give them silver right off the bat, give reduction of taxes yet does not give any "winning" boosts since again no god mode buff just a small xp boost to again never ending leveling system.

With that Player B can take his time in saving up because there is no rush to get it since there is no official end game content. Player B can say "i don't want that" and go fish for the rest of his gameplay as end game. In time player B might get it and from his fishing can buy might buy a better weapon down the road.

since there are so many options to do instead of focusing on gear and pve killing mobs plus pvp there is no rush to get anything in the game, it is a rush to get to nowhere. So where is the winning when there is no level cap and the xp boost is pretty small actually when you are higher level, and the fact that it doesn't give buffs that one shot anything or near that state or give you such a high boost in leveling that you become max level in an instant or a few days even though there is no max level.

How this game is played out, there is no right or wrong direction to go after the tutorial, this is a different mmo where it doesn't force you to rush to end game because there is no end game. Many say it is pvp however my end game can consist of fishing and taming horses as i live in a small town. So this package that is filled with items that can be bought separately through market place or pearl shop or loyalties, it is just a cheaper way of getting more in one go. I see the tax thing as a small bonus to it and I say if it stays it won't affect me because I can make the money in time to get what i want and now you can preorder items well first come with more money gets served first. If it doesn't stay around then it yay for the people who claim this package is p2w even though you can not win in this game unless you are maxed out level with top gear and able to destroy anything with ease, and since there is no max level and how i said many times the package only gives dyes, small xp boost, tax reduction, and instant res that doesn't even fully recharge your health and NOT god like powers or anything near that. That is why I say it is not pay to win and this is a different style of mmo not a get max level and constantly do dungeons and pvp as the only option.

No one is more hated than the one who speaks the truth - Plato

Quoting Plato will not make u look smarter m8

yet another wall of text no one is gonna bother reading

Edited by Senjyogahara

Posted

After further clarification from the Developers we have confirmed they are aware of this. While the system does not currently display the calculated price when using the value pack, players are receiving the correct amount of silver from sales upon clicking the receive button.

Sorry for the confusion, yeah we've always received the correct amount however the amount on the sales page was showing incorrectly - thank you for your feedback though, much appreciated :)

Posted (edited)

I think this value pack is truly ptw for crafters. Mainly because if prices on final products drop, we will have not way to make a profit from making final products. This would mean only people who have bought the value pack can make a profit. For everyone else it is better to just sell the mats directly to the market place. This completely cuts ftp crafters out of the marketplace :/ 

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4tsnwr/market_math_on_the_new_value_pack/

I would suggest a increase on selling junk items to npcs instead. This should help grinders just as much as the marketplace tax reduction. 

Edited by Moeri

Posted (edited)

Trying to show u a little bit of how "ok" the value pack actually is:

Lets start with the easy points first:

Inventory expansion +16

Noone should be able to complain about that, since u could buy that anyway as often as u wanted before the pack was introduced

Storage expansion

Same as mentioned before, the ppl who wanted to buy it could do so before

Distant Node Investment

Rather a nice to have than anything else, sinc ewith all that possibilies to spend energy on u wont waste too much on it

Max Weight Limit

Well same here with all loyalty expansions and buyable ones it was already fine, so only nice too have, and dont tell me ppl who dont have it will waste more time carrying around trade items or monster trade ins, since there are tons of possibilites to expand ur lt with gear or other stuff

Well no quickly the "how am i able to gat that so cheap" points

Merv Pallet and Appereance Change

Im more than happy to have that for such a low price integrated, we had to pay tons of money to get the dyes we wanted before and they also removed false claims of p2w when some dyes were sellable

I dont know of any other MMO where i can change my appereance and colour of costumes all the time for a normal lets call it "Premium Mebership" who also gives other benefits. I have spent more than hundreds of euros other the years im playing in games for character changes cause u get bored other time, dont you?

In the End there are the most so called "p2w benefits"

Combat/Skill/Life/Horse EXP

Combat EXP is nice to have but will  never make any sigificant difference. Lets make this clear with a small sample, since many ppl dont understand percentages:

1 mob gives us 1000 xp-points

The average player uses a costume bonus, milk tea, and a party experience elixir for grinding if he wants to grind efficiently. Maybe even EXP Gem but lets leave that aside.

That makes a bonus of 10% (costume), 8% (milk tea), and 15% (exp elixir)

so that random mob will give us in total 133% of its base exp meaning 1333 xp-points

Now with the "so called p2w package" we get another 10%

so we are at 1433 xp-points meaning a difference in 100 xp points

ans since 100/1333=0.0750...

u can say this buff willl only give u an advantage of 7.5% in the end even less the more buffs u use (combat exp scroll or book of combat)

So in the end u will end up grinding 7.5% less than some guy without it meaning if u want to level up needing 50h its only 3.75h extra

reagarding the Skill Exp, well even if its 10% flat increase most competive players are at a point where they learned most skills they need atm and for the rest its a nice to have but its still only 10% smth everyone can easily catch up if they rly wanted to

Life exp is more or less the same as combat exp

and Horse exp dont misunderstand this but who the ----- cares just go one more h afk if u care that much about horses and waste ur time on that ofc its an increase but in no way p2w more to that later.

Last but not least 30% tax increase omfg thats so unfair mimimimimi

Stop it and use ur brain before complaining once.

Since some arguments pop up all the time ill start with smashing those.

Ppl claiming they need to play 30% more cause other players eearn 30% did not even read the patch notes. If u sell some 1.000.000 worth item u would have gotten 650.000

now we get 845.000, thats 200k more than u have gotten before

And we do another small example. Im farming pirates solo at a decent speed meaning i end up with 2k bandanas each hour. Ill sell them at the vendor directly so i dont get the maximum out of it. 200*1700=3.400.000

Additionally i drop 2.000.000 silver raw each hour

So I end up with 5.400.000 silver and now to the rings and earings.

At the current price range lets assume we 2.000.000 at max each hour worth of rings

So the unfair player using the value pack gets 400.000 more out of that 2.000.000 worth of rings

So the value pack user gets 400.000 extra each hour but if u try to make that percentage again. Meaning the non p2w palyer ends up with 5.400.00 + 1.300.000 after taxes = 6.700.000

So 400.000/6.700.00= 0.0597

So I get 5.97% extra each hour grinding.

You can apply that to every kill speed aslong as u dont farm high value rare items with the mobs not rewarding any silver. But who would be that stupid right?

And for all those ppl saying but if u sell an item worth 100 or 300 million the ppl get way more out of it than the others, well then dont sell it until u have gotten the 7 day free value pack, which u will get each month. Or just buy the 1 day value pack for loyalties, since there is no way u will drop thos eitems in a daily manner and even if u do u can save them and are not forced to make any loss selling them at once.

I could keep going forever righ tnow trying to argument agains all that shit that was posted and said, but most ppl dont even understand what p2w means.

P2W is if u have an unfair advantage (aka BestInSlotItems,BetterStatusEffects,MoreEnergyRegen,HigherRareDropRate), which u can only get buy paying money not by playing the game without paying. Wait didnt they remove most of what i mentioned from Korean version package or wasnt that even implemented in Korea?

If u cant afford or dont want to contribute to an amazing game u spend hours each week on,then dont do it but dont ruin the small benefits other ppl get for doing so, they are totally fine compared to all other mmos i know using comparable system.

They did a great job implementing that and they should just leave it like that. I didnt rly want to post here, but since the majority of ppl who post only complain i wanted to. Dont forget that all the players who are fine with it, dont even think about discussing here cause they are busy playing and wasting their energy on stupid complains.

Edited by Edelnougat

Posted

"They did a great job implementing that and they should just leave it like that."

Brainwashed so hard he even failed the math example xD 

Stop writing wall of texts ppl, keep it short and simple

Especially if u have to waste 13546 sentences only to say bs

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

We’re excited to announce the introduction of the Value Package with the upcoming patch on July 20th, this tidy little pack contains a bundle of helpful goodies to assist you on your adventures through Black Desert Online.

As this is a fairly sizeable addition to the game and there are several quality of life enhancing items included, we’ll go over the contents of the pack in greater detail below.

tXPm15Q.jpg

Value Package Contents Pearl Shop (30 Days)

• Distant Node Investment

• Players can remotely invest in a node using the in-game map, similar to the un-invest node function.

• Increase of Bag / Storage slots by +16

• All characters on account will temporarily gain an additional +16 inventory slots.

• Weight Limit Increased +100

• All characters on account will temporarily gain an additional +100 weight capacity.

• Unlimited Beauty Shop Access

• For the duration of the Value Package players will be able to utilize the Beauty Shop Access as if they had purchased a 30 Day version from the pearl shop.

• Combat / Life / Skill / Horse Experience gain +10%

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive an additional 10% experience gain for the forms of experience gain listed above.

• Marketplace Collection Tax reduced by 30%

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive a 30% reduction in the amount of tax applied from items sold on the Auction House. For instance: You sell an item for 100% of its value - Minus 30% of taxe - Minus 5% of local taxes = So you get 65% of the original value. With this item you get an extra 30% of those 65% => 84.5%

• Merv’s Palette (30d)

• Players will gain the ability to use any dye available within the game on their armor without owning it. Please check below for additional information.

• Bonus Items for purchase: Elion’s Blessing (x5), Bleach (x10)

Value Package Contents - 1400 Loyalty (1 Day)

• Players can remotely invest in a node using the in-game map, similar to the un-invest node function.

• All characters on account will temporarily gain an additional +16 inventory slots.

• All characters on account will temporarily gain an additional +100 weight capacity.

• Unlimited Beauty Shop Access (1d)

• For the duration of the Value Package players will be able to utilize the Beauty Shop Access as if they had purchased a 1 Day version from the pearl shop.

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive an additional 10% experience gain for the forms of experience gain listed above.

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive a 30% reduction in the amount of tax applied from items sold on the Auction House.

Additionally to extend a thank you to our awesome community for their support and give everyone a chance to experience the Value Pack for themselves. Players that have purchased one of the following game packages will be able to redeem a coupon on their account page:

Traveler’s Package:

• Value Package (30 days) (x1), Elion’s Blessing (x5), Bleach (x10)

Explorer’s Package:

• Value Package (30 days) (x2), Elion’s Blessing (x10), Bleach (x20)

Conqueror’s Package:

• Value Package (30 days) (x3), Elion’s Blessing (x15), Bleach (x30)

* Coupons should be available by Friday the 22nd of July

Palette of Merv

We know a large number of our players spend an incredible amount of time customizing your characters down to the last intricate detail. Many of you have been very active in sharing these creations within the beauty album, one of our favorites of course was the creative individual who took pictures of a camel instead of their character’s face.

As always we strive to provide players with a wide variety of methods in which to truly make their character unique in Black Desert Online. We’re happy to announce that on July 20th we’ll be adding the Palette of Merv to the list of available options to do so.

Functionality:

Most of you are likely familiar on the process of dying your armor at this point, the palette alters this function slightly. There are a few key differences that require mentioning:

• Once activated you may use any dye available within the game.

• You must use bleach to dye over a piece of armor that has already been dyed.

• After the Palette of Merv has expired (30 days) your armor will return to its original undyed state.

2n5sZVv.png

It only take a few additional steps to make use of the Palette:

1. Activate the Palette of Merv Item via your pearl inventory.

2. Open your dye window by pressing “J” on your keyboard.

3. Select the Palette of Merv dye section. (Indicated in the above image)

4. Select the armor you would like to dye and begin customizing!

As always we hope you enjoy your time in Black Desert Online and wish everyone the best of luck on their adventures, please feel free to leave any questions or comments below.

Update

Value Packages for those who purchased previously will go out this Friday.

This is awesome, glad this game became subscription based and receiving benefits to do so.

Posted

The problem is that real-life money should never give you power in a game it completely destroys the thought of you are in game what you have done in game. Kind of what daum before told us about time being the power factor in a mmorpg. But this pack makes that statement a lie.

Mostly because of the tax benefit, if person A can sell a PRI kzarka and get 50-100 mil more than person B, because he paid real money for it, the game is over.

Remove that one and its "convenience only", which you all seem to think modern mmorpgs need to have. I would prefer a plain sub like wow/ff12 with no benefits anywhere but that is just a dream.

I started playing this game because daum told me this would be a hard/timeconsuming game. Please fix this Daum, this game was our last hope in the mmorpg-world.

Posted

Quoting Plato will not make u look smarter m8

yet another wall of text no one is gonna bother reading

Not reading the truth or denying it will only make you more ignorant m8.

Posted

The problem is that real-life money should never give you power in a game it completely destroys the thought of you are in game what you have done in game. Kind of what daum before told us about time being the power factor in a mmorpg. But this pack makes that statement a lie.

Mostly because of the tax benefit, if person A can sell a PRI kzarka and get 50-100 mil more than person B, because he paid real money for it, the game is over.

Remove that one and its "convenience only", which you all seem to think modern mmorpgs need to have. I would prefer a plain sub like wow/ff12 with no benefits anywhere but that is just a dream.

I started playing this game because daum told me this would be a hard/timeconsuming game. Please fix this Daum, this game was our last hope in the mmorpg-world.

remove the trent / desert "hide name " from the game , then complain about P2W , i mean that is what really is P2W, and besides how can they expect us to report hackers , exploiters , and botters when you cant even see their name to report them, doesnt make senses.

Posted

afk fishing is the real P2W feature of this game , you do not pay Daum but you use real money to get game cash ( if you don't use a solar powered computer )

the 30% tax reduction is less than the 100% tax reduction party players get. So apply tax on party sales

Posted

afk fishing is the real P2W feature of this game , you do not pay Daum but you use real money to get game cash ( if you don't use a solar powered computer )

the 30% tax reduction is less than the 100% tax reduction party players get. So apply tax on party sales

You are an idiot!!

Posted

You are an idiot!!

I'm not the mirror in front of you.

Posted (edited)

From Day one the cash shop has been a joke, over priced and with buffs that you can only get in the shop. If you want to see the way a BTP games micro transaction shop should run just look at GW2, No exp buffs in the shop, limited edition dyes yes but you get one and it has unlimited uses and all the dyes can be purchased off the market with gold. Outfits can be used on every character you have at the same time. Taxation on market sales is lower and there is no cash shop item to change it. There is no weight limit so no cash shop item to increase it. The game has auto loot at a range and pets are just for looks and every one gets drops off the mobs not just one person so no fighting over a location.

This new addition to the market just make it even more of a money grab. I have talked to tech suport about non-market/in game really tech stuff that all Daum can say is its Pearl Abyss that need to fix the issue not them. So all Daum is here for is your money not making the game work better or keeping people happy. They want you to buy the game and then buy everything else. The shop is full of things that are more of a need then a convenience. There are things that every single player will end up getting e.g. 1) Pets You need them I tried to play with out them and then when I got to the end game grinding locations with parties I was either not getting loot like the others or was getting yelled at to stop manually looting and fight getting me kicked for groups. e.g 2 Weight limit increase. You cant stay at a location for more then 20 min at stock capacity and with now fast travel in the game you end up spending more time running back and forth unloading then grinding. So you can say there convenience item all you want but if your getting removed from groups and locations for not having them the items become more of a necessity then a convenience.

Ant for thous that say you can compare BDO to GW2 I say do you not compare other make and models of cars when looking for buy a new one? An mmo is an mmo, this game is grate in many ways the complexity and diversity of thing you can do the amazing but there and many things that make this game seem like a step back in the mmo progression and evolution of the genre. BDO has taken 2 steps forward and 10 back.

PS afk fishing is now dead and was never the fastest way to make silver

Edited by Astoundra
1 person likes this

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

We’re excited to announce the introduction of the Value Package with the upcoming patch on July 20th, this tidy little pack contains a bundle of helpful goodies to assist you on your adventures through Black Desert Online.

As this is a fairly sizeable addition to the game and there are several quality of life enhancing items included, we’ll go over the contents of the pack in greater detail below.

tXPm15Q.jpg

Value Package Contents Pearl Shop (30 Days)

• Unlimited Beauty Shop Access

• For the duration of the Value Package players will be able to utilize the Beauty Shop Access as if they had purchased a 30 Day version from the pearl shop.

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive a 30% reduction in the amount of tax applied from items sold on the Auction House. For instance: You sell an item for 100% of its value - Minus 30% of taxe - Minus 5% of local taxes = So you get 65% of the original value. With this item you get an extra 30% of those 65% => 84.5%

• Merv’s Palette (30d)

• Players will gain the ability to use any dye available within the game on their armor without owning it. Please check below for additional information.

• Bonus Items for purchase: Elion’s Blessing (x5), Bleach (x10)

Value Package Contents - 1400 Loyalty (1 Day)

• Unlimited Beauty Shop Access (1d)

• For the duration of the Value Package players will be able to utilize the Beauty Shop Access as if they had purchased a 1 Day version from the pearl shop.

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive a 30% reduction in the amount of tax applied from items sold on the Auction House.

Additionally to extend a thank you to our awesome community for their support and give everyone a chance to experience the Value Pack for themselves. Players that have purchased one of the following game packages will be able to redeem a coupon on their account page:

Traveler’s Package:

• Value Package (30 days) (x1), Elion’s Blessing (x5), Bleach (x10)

Explorer’s Package:

• Value Package (30 days) (x2), Elion’s Blessing (x10), Bleach (x20)

Conqueror’s Package:

• Value Package (30 days) (x3), Elion’s Blessing (x15), Bleach (x30)

* Coupons should be available by Friday the 22nd of July

Palette of Merv

We know a large number of our players spend an incredible amount of time customizing your characters down to the last intricate detail. Many of you have been very active in sharing these creations within the beauty album, one of our favorites of course was the creative individual who took pictures of a camel instead of their character’s face.

As always we strive to provide players with a wide variety of methods in which to truly make their character unique in Black Desert Online. We’re happy to announce that on July 20th we’ll be adding the Palette of Merv to the list of available options to do so.

Functionality:

Most of you are likely familiar on the process of dying your armor at this point, the palette alters this function slightly. There are a few key differences that require mentioning:

• Once activated you may use any dye available within the game.

• You must use bleach to dye over a piece of armor that has already been dyed.

• After the Palette of Merv has expired (30 days) your armor will return to its original undyed state.

2n5sZVv.png

It only take a few additional steps to make use of the Palette:

1. Activate the Palette of Merv Item via your pearl inventory.

2. Open your dye window by pressing “J” on your keyboard.

3. Select the Palette of Merv dye section. (Indicated in the above image)

4. Select the armor you would like to dye and begin customizing!

As always we hope you enjoy your time in Black Desert Online and wish everyone the best of luck on their adventures, please feel free to leave any questions or comments below.

Update

Value Packages for those who purchased previously will go out this Friday.

u no pay u no win ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted (edited)

But what if Person A has a job with no real time and puts effort in that weapon and sells it, while person B has all the time in the world and no money but sits in the forums to complain about something that gives other people a "advantage" instead of playing the game...that's the real problem. 

Seriously I have this pack and my friend doesn't, he is still killing me in silver made/owned. 

Why? cause he has more time than me.

People are complaining so hard about this, while I'm waiting for them to release the next outfit

...or you know fix the servers.

Edited by ChunksAhoy!

Posted

@CM_Aethon @PM_Jouska I made a quick search on the topic and I couldn't find any info on this:

Will the slots added by the pack break through the current 192 slots limit? Or does it get nullified if we already have 192 slots?

Posted

@CM_Aethon @PM_Jouska I made a quick search on the topic and I couldn't find any info on this:

Will the slots added by the pack break through the current 192 slots limit? Or does it get nullified if we already have 192 slots?

sadly it is not breaking through it 😉...

but i have now some cp more to spend...got all iron nodes now 😁

Posted

But what if Person A has a job with no real time and puts effort in that weapon and sells it, while person B has all the time in the world and no money but sits in the forums to complain about something that gives other people a "advantage" instead of playing the game...that's the real problem. 

Seriously I have this pack and my friend doesn't, he is still killing me in silver made/owned. 

Why? cause he has more time than me.

People are complaining so hard about this, while I'm waiting for them to release the next outfit

...or you know fix the servers.

He should have a lot more power/influence in the game because he plays more, you (and me) who has 40hour+jobs and other commitments should be peasants in a game like this. But some of those peasants can now purchase a bit of power for real money, and that ruins it for me, i have almost given up now and i will quit soon unless daum removes the bonus.
Maybe Elyria or Camelot Unchained can stay away from this p2w nonsense.

Posted

He should have a lot more power/influence in the game because he plays more, you (and me) who has 40hour+jobs and other commitments should be peasants in a game like this. But some of those peasants can now purchase a bit of power for real money, and that ruins it for me, i have almost given up now and i will quit soon unless daum removes the bonus.Maybe Elyria or Camelot Unchained can stay away from this p2w nonsense.

lol I still am a peasant...my 30mil is not even a mark to his 400mil.

Posted (edited)

Why does the "loud minority" always jump and scream whenever small things are made available for real cash. Nothing in the value pack will change the game for you. It will not allow others to go racing past your standing in the game. It does not make this game P2W at all. P2W would be when I can come in and buy all the boss armor and weapons. As has been mentioned in other posts what this does allow are those with very limited time to at least make some additional small gains in the game. There are those that have maybe 10-12 hours max per week on one end and those that have 40-80+ hours per week, on the other end. A value pack will allow the limited time person to at least feel like he is able to make small gains in the game. That person will never come even close to the other with 5 times or more time because of a value pack. They will not even be in the same galaxy!  I understand many of the complainers cannot or will not spend the money for a value pack. I get it. But, that should not cause you to rag on the value pack and those that can make some smalls gains with it. Some of the worst suggestions, take out the 30% market gain.Then the value pack becomes a lot less attractive, as I am sure you know and the reason some are suggesting that. Don't threaten to leave the game because of the value pack existing. I understand a small amount could, but most say it but never do it. As such, that argument is very rarely given any weight. All of us have seen those argument in forums of every game since the invention of online games. If I spend 10 hours a week and have the value pack, I will never come even close to all of you who are the top. Ever. But it makes me feel like I am not still at the very bottom of the game, after playing since launch. When I start to feel that way, I get bored and look for other games. Almost everything in the pack has already been available via pearls and/or loyalty. Bottom line:

Value Pack=No danger to the top end players

If Daum makes more money on this game, it allows them to put more developers and more time into its future. The game will be better and last longer.

Daum, you asked for feedback on the price as well. I do not see myself buying it a lot the time at its current price. Drop the price to $10 for 30 days, without implementing any changes some are asking for, and you will see me, and I am sure many others, buying constantly.

Edited by Bloodbash

Posted

The Value Pack rejuvenated my interest in playing the game.  I have limited time to play because of work so this was a real boost for me.  It is not P2W as everything offered is insignificant and will not help anyone go speeding past other players.  Everyone still has to go out and earn the best armor and game items and this small 10% boost will not affect other players.  If the Value Pack allows Daum to make money that is great.  It costs money to develop new additions, for the servers, bandwidth, etc., so more power to them for keeping the game going with fresh developments.

Keep the Value Pack as is.  My primary enticement is the 30% market gain and 10% experience boost.  I would be a steady buyer if the price were $9.97 monthly with those two features.  

Posted

Anything that makes the game easier for people that pays real money ruins the games immersion and "you are in game what you have earned/achieved in game", peasants should be peasants, not all can be kings. If people want to pay 15$ for colors on their armor that is fine, but better would be a forced sub-mode for all  players and a smaller playerbase with craftable dyes, that seems impossible with todays mmo-companies when everyone just want to make as much money as possible.

And yes im a peasant with a +15 liverto and nothing to failstack with, i would still have fun if not for the value pack bonus.

Hopefully camelot unchained which will have a true subscription from start and none of this boring p2w-business. Jacobs seems to know what he is doing. 

Posted (edited)

This pack saved me from my mistake!

I did some half brain dead and tired math on an Ogre Ring at the Night Vendor. 70m, I think I can make a few million somehow ( being totally wrong ). I post for max 95m and it sells instantly pre-order. 62m for the collect amount o.o! I wince and think ouch! bad me! But wait! I can claim that value pack thing! So I do and it turned an 8m loss into a 10m gain! 

Whoever is posting stuff like, "it isn't that much" it can totally save your butt. Anyone not using this will be making loads less silver on the Marketplace that is for sure. 

Edited by BoldCrayon