• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PSA- Awakened skills are FIXED NOW

67 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

All Previous awakened skills were put into a "Bugged state", giving them awakened status with 0-1 random awakenings on them.

You can only currently awaken skills not previously awakened. After awakening these new skills, they will dissapear to be replaced with which ever skills are bugged and feel the need to pop up on the awaken screen.

Now there does not need to be 10 threads each time someone does not know what is happening. 

When random skills you previously awakened comes up in the awakening window, you can actually change the effects on those skills too, giving you more than 3 skills with 2 effects. 

EDIT: CLIFSS WILL NOT FIX THE PROBLEM DO NOT BUY. THEY WILL ONLY ALLOW YOU TO CHAGE WHAT EVER SKILLS ARE SHOWING.

FIXED RESTART GAME

Edited by Whites
15 people like this

Posted

All Previous awakened skills were put into a "Bugged state", giving them awakened status with 0-1 random awakenings on them.

You can only currently awaken skills not previously awakened. After awakening these new skills, they will dissapear to be replaced with which ever skills are bugged and feel the need to pop up on the awaken screen.

Now there does not need to be 10 threads each time someone does not know what is happening. 

Can 100000% confirm that this is accurate, just tried to awaken some skills on my Witch but other skills were awakened instead with stupid awakenings c_c -cough magic arrows does 5% more damage in PvP- 

Posted (edited)

Same happening here. @PM_Jouska

Edited by Baleroch

Posted

Im not one to complain on forums but this is stupid and the only way to reset awakenings now is 700 pearls. There is no loyalty or free reset anywhere. I rather have the old system/

Posted

They're not bugged. At least that not what it looks like. If not, it's just horrible design.

The game puts a bunch of random skills to choose from into the selection and every time you awaken one skill another random one gets put into the selection.

Posted (edited)

Ignoring my rather dramatic naming of the video, here's exactly what's wrong with Awakenings for those of us who can't log-in immediately after a 9AM patch on a work day.  

The video shows how horrible the UI is, and how horribly bugged it is. The main issue comes from the game keeping your skills from pre-patch "Awakened". Even if they have no Awakening benefit on them anymore. This prevents you from re-Awakening them with the new system and destroys the new UI.

For some classes (like ranger, my main) this is a massive nerf (on WotW for example), but it affects every class in-game and should be addressed immediately.

Below are some screenshots that demonstrating what the OP said. 

Tearing Arrow is the skill I selected for the first slot, the UI shows that Charging Wind has taken that slot with a now random Awakening compared to the +5 AP I had on it pre-patch.

2016-07-20_301782858.JPG

However in the image below, you can see that it still Awakened the skill I selected with the new UI, and gave it both of the buffs I selected.

2016-07-20_301764124.JPG

In the image below where you can see me hovering over WotW, you can see that it's outlined in purple as if it was Awakened by the new system, yet it has no Awakening on it. I had +5% Max HP as Damage on it pre-patch.

2016-07-20_301767398.JPG

Here's Charging Wind with it's randomized Awakening.

2016-07-20_301773996.JPG

Edited by Ayl

Posted (edited)

They're not bugged. At least that not what it looks like. If not, it's just horrible design.

The game puts a bunch of random skills to choose from into the selection and every time you awaken one skill another random one gets put into the selection.

No, it's bugged as Whites said. I've got several old Awakening skills still showing, I've got all the skills I previously awakened (some which still have awakenings, some which no longer have) blocked out of being used for "add ons" and if I DO use a skill add on, when I do so, it assigns the skill, then bugs out the UI, showing one of the old skills with broken addons (which error if you change).

My guess is there should have been a script run on the DB to remove the old ones and the new system would then be functional.

Edited by Shin Enzyme
typo fix :)

Posted

Yeah its an easy fix on their end. They just need to reset all currently awakened skills. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Same happening here. @PM_Jouska

Confirmed, hope @PM_Jouska can tell us something about this soon.

Posted

Ignoring my rather dramatic naming of the video, here's exactly what's wrong with Awakenings for those of us who can't log-in immediately after a 9AM patch on a work day.  

It's 16PM

Posted

It's 16PM

What's a time-zone?

Posted (edited)

What's a time-zone?

Something you clearly didn't take into account when you made your whiny post.

Edit : It's cool you are documenting bugs though.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

Same here, i can re-awaken the skills.

Posted

Something you clearly didn't take into account when you made your whiny post.

Because a timezone fixes "16""pm"

Clearly 16 and pm go together fine when a timezone is involved. Right?

Posted

We need them to reset everything 

Posted

Because a timezone fixes "16""pm"
Clearly 16 and pm go together fine when a timezone is involved. Right?

Yes you're right, 16 implied the PM already. Go take your cookie. 

Posted

Bump to keep this above the same 50 threads about value packs, I know the CMs are probably hiding under their desks right now because they knew this patch would cause a shitstorm (so they are laying low), but this needs to be addressed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes you're right, 16 implied the PM already. Go take your cookie. 

Actually neither. Cookie? Naa. I'd like to think you at least were educated enough to speak f**king time. But clearly not.

16 + PM cannot work together. Period. you can say 1600, 16oc. That would be military / standard world time (Time zone still matters fyi which you failed to include)

Or you could say 4pm. But NEVER the two together. Did you learn 16pm in a school? Bloody hell the fact that you replied 16 implied the pm already blows my mind. No it didn't.

Posted

Bump. I rather this be fixed than a stupid "P2W" pack

Posted (edited)

Actually neither. Cookie? Naa. I'd like to think you at least were educated enough to speak f**king time. But clearly not.
16 + PM cannot work together. Period. you can say 1600, 16oc. That would be military / standard world time (Time zone still matters fyi which you failed to include)

Or you could say 4pm. But NEVER the two together. Did you learn 16pm in a school? Bloody hell the fact that you replied 16 implied the pm already blows my mind. No it didn't.

That's what I meant, no need for PM since we can't have 16AM. And yes you either use one standard or the other.

And there was no need for me to specify a timezone, I just wanted to let the user think about it's whining about a maintenance ending at "9AM".

It's ok, I made a "mistake" and already admitted it. Go get mad somewhere else, thanks.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

Bump. Needs more visibility than p2w pack. Rather have this fixed first then worry about P2W problems.

Posted

Bump. I rather this be fixed than a stupid "P2W" pack

Update on this issue, you can change the old Awakening effects of pre-patch from the new UI if you have a memory fragment in your inventory. I was able to change my WotW which was technically Awakened with 0 benfits to have 10% chance of Down Smash + 7% Attack Speed buff.

Might want to add that to initial post.

Posted

Keep this shit bumped!

Posted

Update on this issue, you can change the old Awakening effects of pre-patch from the new UI if you have a memory fragment in your inventory. I was able to change my WotW which was technically Awakened with 0 benfits to have 10% chance of Down Smash + 7% Attack Speed buff.

Might want to add that to initial post.

Already said old skills will randomly take precident over new awakened skills. You can change some of them, but as for me the ones showing are useless. 

Posted

Already said old skills will randomly take precident over new awakened skills. You can change some of them, but as for me the ones showing are useless. 

That's what I'm saying, I know they take precedent.

You can change the old Awakened skills to benefit from the new buffs while keeping the new buffs on the skills you chose via the UI, I've got more than 3 skills Awakened with 2 awakenings each via the new system currently.

It's horribly bugged, but you may be able to get it to work in your favor for the moment.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0