• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

You Can Now Claim Pay2Win and Be Right

125 posts in this topic

Posted

In this message posted by Jouska on behalf of Pearl Abyss, PA worked very hard to state that the game was not pay to win. There are those of us who by the definition of Pay2win (paying for a blatant leg up in a game) used to defend PA/Daum stating that the game was not Pay2Win because of the trivial advantages realized by Pearl Shop items such as Costumes giving a minuscule advantage.  This caused angst and dissent among players..  Well folks Pearl Abyss has completely clarified this situation. 

As of today, with the introduction of the subscription item (Value Pack 30 Days) into the (Pre)PAID version of Black Desert I can now confirm that:

The game is now 100% without a doubt, Pay2Win.  

Black Desert is official ArcheAge 2.0...gee thanks??? (who wants to be that??)

- faith gone gee thanks

26 people like this

Posted

You could always claim that it was p2w and be 100% right.

You could and still can claim it's not p2w and be 100% right.

It's an opinion, opinions are neither right nor wrong.

6 people like this

Posted

Pay to win would be if you could ONLY get boss armor with real money. 

[I have this message ready to copy and paste all day]

13 people like this

Posted

What do you actually "WIN" with a bit more Money........??????

Posted

Still dont see it as pay to win in its true form. Maybe if they release a box that can give boss items, or stat boost, then sure thatd be it.

Posted

more money= better gear, better gear= u kill everyone gg. in a game where pvp is heavly focused  (specially end game) /node/siege wars is purely now who has deeper real life pockets.

2 people like this

Posted

You could always claim that it was p2w and be 100% right.
You could and still can claim it's not p2w and be 100% right.

Before, there would be doubt on either side of the argument. Now there is none.

It has been fully clarified.

Posted

No, it being an opinion has not changed.

You changed your opinion, and you have every right to do so.

If I could spend, say, $500 and have full BiS +20 gear I'd be right there along with you that it's 100% clear.

Paying ~$14 / month nets you advantages, sure, but it's not like you can keep dumping money to get an advantage people who don't pay more can't get.

Someone who can no-life this game without the sub will still make WAY more than I can with the sub (not that I am going to sub mind you) and no amount of dishing out money on my part can change that to any reasonable degree.

Even with dyes the return is so minimal it's not worth doing.

Posted

The p2w question has always been about comfort level and expense.  Rather than the level of advantage.  The game has always been in the p2w grey area.  All that's changed is your level of comfort with it.  Wt, inventory space, pets, and costume have always had a noticeable influence on how much silver and xp (the main forms of power advancement for pvp and pve) you make in a given unit of time.  You were okay with it.  Now you get 85% value of your sold goods, instead of 65%.  You are now uncomfortable and making a fuss.  When there is a huge debate, both sides are usually right.  Only difference is perspective.

Learn from this and give better feedback based on what you think is best for the game's overall health.  And not your temporary advantages.  Stats on costumes, boosts outside of loyalty, and things that you can pay to bypass game mechanics (hidden name) are all bad for long term growth.  

My opinion on the matter?  Its okay because you can just sell big items once every two weeks with loyalty boost.  Everything else not mirrored with loyalty or ingame events is not okay.

Posted

Yeah i don't see this as pay2win at all, just another convenience again, ooooo -30% market tax, that really doesn't matter if you know how to make money anyway, you just save an extra 3-5 mill on items you sell unless you're selling something huge like duo/tri armor or a PRI ogre ring or something, or that person that has a TRI tree spirit belt on the market, but wow he could get that money back with FARMING.

I like all access to all dyes, now that is Black Fashion Online, that sounds awesome, but hey i don't mind grinding, seems it's still pay2convenience

Posted

Yeah i don't see this as pay2win at all, just another convenience again, ooooo -30% market tax, that really doesn't matter if you know how to make money anyway, you just save an extra 3-5 mill on items you sell unless you're selling something huge like duo/tri armor or a PRI ogre ring or something, or that person that has a TRI tree spirit belt on the market, but wow he could get that money back with FARMING.

I like all access to all dyes, now that is Black Fashion Online, that sounds awesome, but hey i don't mind grinding, seems it's still pay2convenience

You take white knighting new level. 30% doesn't matter. Are you stupid or something? :D

Posted

Yeah, maybe I don't understand what there is to "win" other than entertainment. And this doesn't detract from my entertainment at all. Of course it doesn't actually have any value for me. If I'm going to spend money in the cash shop it won't be on this recurring package.

Posted

I don't see this game as pay to win at all.  Some people have just got to whine and cry about something.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pay to win would be if you could ONLY get boss armor with real money. 

[I have this message ready to copy and paste all day]

You're wrong. That example is a direct P2W situation. Any progress boosting element, to save time or simply for convenience is an indirect element of P2W because it creates advantage to those that spend. That's the bottom line. 

[I have this message ready to copy and paste to you all day]

1 person likes this

Posted

The only thing I see in that package that you cannot currently buy in the Pearl Store via a separate item (costume, inventory expansion, etc) is remote investment in nodes. So it's really no more P2W than it was yesterday.

Posted

Boy it sure is a good thing Daum didn't add Value packs to loyalties....

Oh wait........... They did.

Posted

You take white knighting new level. 30% doesn't matter. Are you stupid or something? :D

it is not 30%, in reality you have to apply the 30% to the 65% meaning you end up receiving 84.5% which is 19.5% improvement vs 30% you state. Just sayin' mate :) 

Posted

You're wrong. That example is a direct P2W situation. Any progress boosting element, to save time or simply for convenience is an indirect element of P2W because it creates advantage to those that spend. That's the bottom line. 

Let me emphasize a key word in my post: ONLY

Since you can obtain the gear without paying, it is not pay to win.

Posted

Their face when they come to see all the posts:

LRT1A7j.gif

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

^

Edited by War

Posted

this is one of the most retarded posts i've seen: "to save time or simply for convenience is an indirect element of P2W because it creates advantage to those that spend ". LMAO. Wat. I can't spend $100 and convert that into gold. I have to invest time, anyone that plays this game and isn't a forum warrior knows this is just ANOTHER added benefit, a convenience purchase. It won't affect how people play the game. Someone that has this buff won't do 30% more damage to me in PVP. RIP,

so many QQ threads here, please quit the game. We don't need this toxicity.

Posted

OP, did you know ninjas and game expansions don't grow on trees?

If you don't like how things are, exercise your right to choose and quit. Otherwise, take solace in the fact that people will pay and continue to feed the developers.

B2P is not a viable business model.

1 person likes this

Posted

Boy it sure is a good thing Daum didn't add Value packs to loyalties....

Oh wait........... They did.

You forgot to mention the part where it cost 1400 loyalties for a single day of bonuses. 

it is not 30%, in reality you have to apply the 30% to the 65% meaning you end up receiving 84.5% which is 19.5% improvement vs 30% you state. Just sayin' mate :) 

It's still a significant amount 

I have to invest time, anyone that plays this game and isn't a forum warrior knows this is just ANOTHER added benefit, a convenience purchase.

so many QQ threads here, please quit the game. We don't need this toxicity.

19.5% more silver on all item sales, IT'S PAY FOR CONVENIENCE GUYS I PROMISE.

1 person likes this

Posted

You're all still here and still not giving them any money to play their game. The servers are still running and will still be running without you. If you hate it so much then make your choice. If you're not supporting the game then how much weight do you really think your opinions actually have? An army of guys giving no money to Daum all making demands versus the people PAYING and keeping the servers alive. Who has been listened to so far?

Look up the definition of insanity. Stop expecting different results.

2 people like this

Posted

more money= better gear, better gear= u kill everyone gg. in a game where pvp is heavly focused  (specially end game) /node/siege wars is purely now who has deeper real life pockets.

spoken from the guy who is dodging level 45. You know nothing John Pleb