• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Reality Check

237 posts in this topic

Posted

So I see that the value pack has many folks in an uproar and the inevitable QQing and comparisons to Trion have started. 

I have a simple view that works for me. If I like PLAYING the game, I keep playing it. That's it. 

I was in AA from just after launch and I quit playing that game because in my opinion they ruined Archery and I like playing ranged. Yes there were serious P2W elements that I did not like, but it was when the game ceased to be fun to play that I left it.

So yes, the Value Pack is not what all of us wanted or expected, but how does it ruin playing the game?

1. " But Griz- It means whales will dominate the game!" Really? and the big guilds and pro players don't do that now?

2. "But Griz- It means the rich can just buy advantage and it demeans my pro level skillz" Really? I love it when I play a game the hard way and earn what I have and especially when I kill or outplay those who spent money to try to compete with me. Challenge accepted!

3. "But Griz- they promised..." Really? They are a business and they have every right to make money. If they kill the cash cow through bad decisions the market will speak and they will lose out in the end, but as I said I don't see these changes hurting my enjoyment of playing the game.

4. "But Griz- you suck and stop using facts and logic to try to calm us down." Really? Why aren't you in Cleveland?  

46 people like this

Posted

So I see that the value pack has many folks in an uproar and the inevitable QQing and comparisons to Trion have started. 

I have a simple view that works for me. If I like PLAYING the game, I keep playing it. That's it. 

I was in AA from just after launch and I quit playing that game because in my opinion they ruined Archery and I like playing ranged. Yes there were serious P2W elements that I did not like, but it was when the game ceased to be fun to play that I left it.

So yes, the Value Pack is not what all of us wanted or expected, but how does it ruin playing the game?

1. " But Griz- It means whales will dominate the game!" Really? and the big guilds and pro players don't do that now?

2. "But Griz- It means the rich can just buy advantage and it demeans my pro level skillz" Really? I love it when I play a game the hard way and earn what I have and especially when I kill or outplay those who spent money to try to compete with me. Challenge accepted!

3. "But Griz- they promised..." Really? They are a business and they have every right to make money. If they kill the cash cow through bad decisions the market will speak and they will lose out in the end, but as I said I don't see these changes hurting my enjoyment of playing the game.

4. "But Griz- you suck and stop using facts and logic to try to calm us down." Really? Why aren't you in Cleveland?  

Well if you actually used facts and logic that would help. You can buy all the best gear in this game, none of it is bound. And they just gave you a paid option to make more money.

Please use your superior logic skills to explain how that is ok?

1 person likes this

Posted

ok

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well if you actually used facts and logic that would help. You can buy all the best gear in this game, none of it is bound. And they just gave you a paid option to make more money.

Please use your superior logic skills to explain how that is ok?

Superior logic incoming:

If you can already buy everything in game, then why the rage over this package? As I said- it does not change the game play.

Edited by Grizabella
1 person likes this

Posted

ya dont know why 10% exp is being claimed as P2W..... we have had that shit on costumes since launch lol.

tax reduction?  Meh whatever only really matters on big ticket items

eh, ppl complained about it on costumes for a while then they kinda chilled out. same will happen with this, big uproar for about a week or two.

Posted

Superior logic incoming:

If you can already buy everything in game, then why the rage over this package? As I said- it does not change the game play.

Yes it does change the gameplay. Due to their limited prices on auction house I can objectively get more money and better gear in a shorter amount of time if I pay real money for it

Posted (edited)

Writes his opinion about the changes.

2 lines after says he used logic and facts.

Seems legit.

In case you haven't seen my post in the official topic:

The 30% tax reduction is FULL p2w, how can people argue against that? Their brain isn't efficient enough?

Let's illustrate: I sell a high cost gear for 300 million. With 35% taxes I get 195 millions back. With 5% taxes I get 285 million

THAT'S -----ING 90 MILLION MORE.

Now for the people who dont understand this shit: Imagine a game where you can buy an item on the cash shop that can be sold on the AH for 90 million silver. This is the exact same thing here.

THERE YOU GO THIS IS P2W. IT'S NOT BECAUSE YOU DON'T REALLY BUY AN ITEM FROM THE CASH SHOP THAT THIS ISN'T P2W.

And don't tell me that we can buy it with loyalties, you have to login for 14 days to get only 1 day of those buffs.

Edited by Keagghan

Posted

10/10.

People just want something to ----- about.

Peace, can not exist.
Not without War.

Yes it does change the gameplay. Due to their limited prices on auction house I can objectively get more money and better gear in a shorter amount of time if I pay real money for it

But what does this change? How does it help you win? How much does it benefit you in a game that is GOVERNED BY PROBABILITY and not the amount of money you have?

Posted

Out of likes Griz but you have all for the next day +10

1 person likes this

Posted

So what you are saying is, because I pay 15 dollars monthly, I get an extra 15 m on my basilisk belt I spent 4 hours grinding. 

Meanwhile other versions of the game allow you to buy failstacks. 

Posted (edited)

But what does this change? How does it help you win? How much does it benefit you in a game that is GOVERNED BY PROBABILITY and not the amount of money you have?

It is not "governed by probability" every BiS piece of gear in this game can be bought for silver

Edited by Crowleyz

Posted

You can also use loyality to purchase the value pack though, so as long as you're playing smart you wont miss out on anything.

Posted

So what you are saying is, because I pay 15 dollars monthly, I get an extra 15 m on my basilisk belt I spent 4 hours grinding. 

Meanwhile other versions of the game allow you to buy failstacks. 

No, what I am saying is you can earn more money in a shorter amount of time to buy the basilisk belt if you pay for it. Was that not clear? Are you being intentionally daft?

Posted

It is not "governed by probability" every BiS piece of gear in this game can be bought for silver

You're not very smart and or are grasping for straws.
The BiS gear put on the AH is created by players that are governed by probability.

Over 1000 of my posts are about this topic. I'm the last person you want to debate about this with bud.
But if you really think you can change my perspective, please feel free to.

This game is governed by probability buddy.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can also use loyality to purchase the value pack though, so as long as you're playing smart you wont miss out on anything.

sure bro! Of course! That makes it totally ok! Silly me lol

Posted

Point 3 wasn't a promise. It's what they advertised. It's also really dubious that they decided do it right after forced refunds weren't possible anymore. It's considered fraude. They can be sued over atleast one of the things, while the other can't be fully proven. It is, however, really convenient that they decide to do it like this. I'm eagerly awaiting for the moment they're taken to court. Which will definitely happen within two months.

Posted (edited)

You're not very smart and or are grasping for straws.The BiS gear put on the AH is created by players that are governed by probability.

Over 1000 of my posts are about this topic. I'm the last person you want to debate about this with bud.
But if you really think you can change my perspective, please feel free to.

This game is governed by probability buddy.

So you are saying that gear has not, is not, and will not be available on AH? Oh and protip: Night vendor!

Edit: I think you are exactly the kind of person I want to debate with "bud" because you are an idiot and intentionally ignoring the key issues

Edited by Crowleyz

Posted

Point 3 wasn't a promise. It's what they advertised. It's also really dubious that they decided do it right after forced refunds weren't possible anymore. It's considered fraude. They can be sued over atleast one of the things, while the other can't be fully proven. It is, however, really convenient that they decide to do it like this. I'm eagerly awaiting for the moment they're taken to court. Which will definitely happen within two months.

I'd gladly sit in as a legal advisory for them if so.
I've been following all of this closely, and would be honored to shit on anyone dumb enough to sue over something they clearly lack the intelligence to understand.

Posted (edited)

The 30% tax reduction is FULL p2w, how can people argue against that? Their brain isn't efficient enough?

Let's illustrate: I sell a high cost gear for 300 million. With 35% taxes I get 195 millions back. With 5% taxes I get 285 million

Now for the people who dont understand this shit: Imagine a game where you can buy an item on the cash shop that can be sold on the AH for 90 million silver. This is the exact same thing here.

THERE YOU GO THIS IS P2W. IT'S NOT BECAUSE YOU DON'T REALLY BUY AN ITEM FROM THE CASH SHOP THAT THIS ISN'T P2W.

And don't tell me that we can buy it with loyalties, you have to login for 14 days to get only 1 day of those buffs.

Apparently, your brain isn't very "efficient" either:

After taxes with the pack active, you're actually getting about $230 million.  The 30% reduction is against the tax itself.

Edited by Zeven
2 people like this

Posted

So you are saying that gear has not, is not, and will not be available on AH? Oh and protip: Night vendor!

I'll wait for a link to the nightvendor selling Tri+ gear.

Feel free to back up your straw grasps with fact, or sit down please.

This game
Is governed
By probability.

To correct your ass, even the night vendor is governed by probability, and capped by energy.

do you play this game?

Apparently, your brain isn't very "efficient" either:

After taxes with the pack active, you're actually getting $230 million.  The 30% reduction is against the tax itself.

^

Posted

I'll wait for a link to the nightvendor selling Tri+ gear.

Feel free to back up your straw grasps with fact, or sit down please.

This game
Is governed
By probability.

To correct your ass, even the night vendor is governed by probability, and capped by energy.

do you play this game?

^

Rereadmy post, I edited it

Posted

Writes his opinion about the changes.

2 lines after says he used logic and facts.

Seems legit.

In case you haven't seen my post in the official topic:

For someone who says "Their brain isn't efficient enough", you don't even understand how the pack works. 

First off you get a total of 84.5%, not 95%. The % goes from 100 > 65, so a 100m you will get 65m, and then an additional 30% of that 65m making it 84.5m

Second, do you think people are going to be selling 100x 300m items? Wow someone just got a random bhegs glove drop. Now they get an extra 58.5m on a onetime item thats rare and expensive. (This is assuming its 300m as per your example) 

They still have to go get those items. All anyone else has to do is grind the same way these "P2W" people are grinding. Save those rare items. Buy the 1 day loyalty item and pop it and list the items. Now you just got all those items at the same price as these p2w guys but for free. 

3 people like this

Posted

P2W = reaching levels of progression that others who play without monetary investment cannot obtain otherwise.

Just sayin.

3 people like this

Posted

Rereadmy post, I edited it

Feel free to elaborate on the key issues, instead of using a bandwaggon dumbass term like pay to win.
I've made at least 50 posts in the past addressing that my problem with y'all is not that I don't agree, it's that you use these ignoramus terms and expect change.

You don't elaborate on your problem.

Now, please. Take the time to elaborate the key issues to someone with almsot 3000 hours in his NA/EU account alone.
I'm quite curious. ESPECIALLY, since you've addressed me as an idiot.

Let's take a walk :)

1 person likes this

Posted

When they add valk cry and selling costumes and other cash shop items(except dyes that are rng) its still not p2w

Value pack in reality just allows people to resell things and ----- the marketplace. Sausans for example you make 80% of your income from trade ins not really making much more silver now.