• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

If value packs 30% marketplace boost stays..

118 posts in this topic

Posted

I just hope you would at least grant refunds to me and whoever else quits over the ridiculous Value pack implementation.

13 people like this

Posted

I just hope you would at least grant refunds to me and whoever else quits over the ridiculous Value pack implementation.

Yeah, 'cuz that is gonna happen.

3 people like this

Posted

LOL. no. stop whining and give it a week. If you want to quit then quit. if this is why you are quitting you were looking for an excuse to quit anyway. 

12 people like this

Posted

LOL. no. stop whining and give it a week. If you want to quit then quit. if this is why you are quitting you were looking for an excuse to quit anyway. 

Actually not, I just started the game and I did put a lot of money and time into it because I was hoping it will never turn to p2w like Archage did. I will give it time to see if the item stays in its current form, and if yes I will quit. Its not a threat or anything and I'm not whining. I'm just saying how I feel about the game. I liked it for being the only non p2w MMO, and if this is not the case I'd rather not play.

7 people like this

Posted

You are quitting because someone gets more than you do. Why not quit because someone spends more time playing than you? Why not quit because you are not number one? Someone gets 30% or 19% or whatever the actual amount is more than you do when they sell something on the Market. How do you make 80% of your money? turn ins. not sales. and those sales that you do make half of the time are when i am in a group grinding and go to special deals where the tax doesn't touch them. 

The only people that have a legitimate claim to this "Ruining" their experience is those that use workers to produce things to sell. they will get undercut by people that can afford to undercut because of the tax. But those same players were calling out months ago for the implementation of the Tax cut reduction that was in the KR version. 

I also put a lot of time and money into the game. because i like the game play. I will continue to play because i love the mechanics of the game. If and when i quit playing I will not ask for a refund because i knew full well when that money left my bank account it was no longer mine. I paid for a piece of code to be added to the code i already have to play in a digital world. If you cant justify spending the money at the time you hit purchase then dont do it. You will never be in a position to where you need to get your money back. 

14 people like this

Posted

what makes you entitled to a refund. The pack is not even close to pay2win. Go play aion and then cry more.

Posted

Actually not, I just started the game and I did put a lot of money and time into it because I was hoping it will never turn to p2w like Archage did. I will give it time to see if the item stays in its current form, and if yes I will quit. Its not a threat or anything and I'm not whining. I'm just saying how I feel about the game. I liked it for being the only non p2w MMO, and if this is not the case I'd rather not play.

Did you even look at the cash shop before (or after) you started playing? If the Value Pack is P2W to you, then pretty much 95% of the stuff there is too.

Posted

Did you even look at the cash shop before (or after) you started playing? If the Value Pack is P2W to you, then pretty much 95% of the stuff there is too.

It is p2w to me? Let me calculate this to you. If I lay in bed all day (the cash shop bed 3 energy per 3 minutes --> 1 energy per 1 minute) I get 3600 energy per day. On avarage, getting a boss armor piece from night vendor costs 2000 energy. Now according to patch notes it can be either the same value as in AH, or it can be half price. This means for 3600 energy I am very likely to get at least 1 item which is half priced. Lets say boss armor piece on average costs 100 million.

Scenario 1: I have a value pack. I lay in bed all day, get 1 boss gear piece a day (only checking the game every few hours). I buy the boss gear for 50 mil and list it on AH for 100. People buy it, I get 84.9 million --> 35 million profit.

Scenario 2: I don't have value pack. I do the same stuff --> I get 15 million profit. (that's only if I have purchased the cash shop bed before but lets ignore that for the moment).

Now, good grind spots in this game can net you 2-3 mil per hour. In order for a regular player to be at the same level as a guy who has value pack and lays in bed all day, and checks the game every few hours, I have to actively grind 12+ hours without rest non-stop hardcore grinding. How is this fair?

3 people like this

Posted

Honesty, can't you just quit in peace?

1 person likes this

Posted

It is p2w to me? Let me calculate this to you. If I lay in bed all day (the cash shop bed 3 energy per 3 minutes --> 1 energy per 1 minute) I get 3600 energy per day. On avarage, getting a boss armor piece from night vendor costs 2000 energy. Now according to patch notes it can be either the same value as in AH, or it can be half price. This means for 3600 energy I am very likely to get at least 1 item which is half priced. Lets say boss armor piece on average costs 100 million.

Scenario 1: I have a value pack. I lay in bed all day, get 1 boss gear piece a day (only checking the game every few hours). I buy the boss gear for 50 mil and list it on AH for 100. People buy it, I get 84.9 million --> 35 million profit.

Scenario 2: I don't have value pack. I do the same stuff --> I get 15 million profit. (that's only if I have purchased the cash shop bed before but lets ignore that for the moment).

Now, good grind spots in this game can net you 2-3 mil per hour. In order for a regular player to be at the same level as a guy who has value pack and lays in bed all day, and checks the game every few hours, I have to actively grind 12+ hours without rest non-stop hardcore grinding. How is this fair?

I bolded the important part. A crafted in-game bed gives you 2 energy per 3 minutes.

Buying costumes from the cash shop gives you extra XP. Buying XP scrolls from the cash shop gives you even more extra XP.

Buying inventory and weight expansions from the cash shop gives you more time to grind and afk-fish.

Buying dyes in the cash shop gives you the chance to get dyes you can sell in the marketplace for silver.

Buying glasses and other ornaments gives you better chances at higher grade knowledge == better chance at good loot

Buying underwear gives you +1 luck which makes it easier to max out Luck so you have a better chance at good loot.

Buying Elion's Tears from the cash shop lets you die without losing XP.

...do you see where I'm going with it? EVERYTHING in the cash shop gives the people who buy it some sort of advantage in game. At this point, I really can't think of anything that is 100% purely cosmetic other than appearance changes.

The Value Pack doesn't change that. It just gives you a better deal for stuff you could already get by paying real money.  So if the Value Pack is P2W to you, the entire cash shop was already P2W as well. That has not changed. It has been that way since launch.

Posted

I bolded the important part. A crafted in-game bed gives you 2 energy per 3 minutes.

Buying costumes from the cash shop gives you extra XP. Buying XP scrolls from the cash shop gives you even more extra XP.

Buying inventory and weight expansions from the cash shop gives you more time to grind and afk-fish.

Buying dyes in the cash shop gives you the chance to get dyes you can sell in the marketplace for silver.

Buying glasses and other ornaments gives you better chances at higher grade knowledge == better chance at good loot

Buying underwear gives you +1 luck which makes it easier to max out Luck so you have a better chance at good loot.

Buying Elion's Tears from the cash shop lets you die without losing XP.

...do you see where I'm going with it? EVERYTHING in the cash shop gives the people who buy it some sort of advantage in game. At this point, I really can't think of anything that is 100% purely cosmetic other than appearance changes.

The Value Pack doesn't change that. It just gives you a better deal for stuff you could already get by paying real money.  So if the Value Pack is P2W to you, the entire cash shop was already P2W as well. That has not changed. It has been that way since launch.

All of those are indirectly affecting game play by a little. This one is much bigger and affects your money and gear directly by instantly increasing silver you get from everything you sell. I'm not a retard I understand they are business and need to make money. But now they are forcing me to pay an extra $15 a month, when I already paid $150 and I cannot go back and just take my money back can I? $15 a month translates to $180 a year. $180 is the average pay in some EU countries.

Posted

I will give it time to see if the item stays in its current form, and if yes I will quit. 

Please don't go.  

How will we ever go on without youuuuuuu *cries*

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

All of those are indirectly affecting game play by a little. This one is much bigger and affects your money and gear directly by instantly increasing silver you get from everything you sell. I'm not a retard I understand they are business and need to make money. But now they are forcing me to pay an extra $15 a month, when I already paid $150 and I cannot go back and just take my money back can I? $15 a month translates to $180 a year. $180 is the average pay in some EU countries.

Did they steal your CC from you? How are they forcing you to pay this? do you not have access to certain content if you dont pay this? I dont see how or why you feel that you are forced to pay this fee. Even if it is "P2W"({which it isn't) you are not forced to pay it. 

Edited by Dashihawk
3 people like this

Posted

Here's reality. If you can't afford to spend $15 a month on a hobby you really enjoy I'd suggest that instead of a game you spend that time to better that part of your life so in the future you can enjoy the hobbies you choose to engage in. 

Posted

I seriously hope that there are no countries in the EU with an average yearly pay of $180.00, but I digress.

To have this huge tax advantage you claim, you need to first work to get the gear, and then you need to actually sell it.  And since everybody else will also have access to the Night Vendor, why do you think they would buy it from the marketplace rather than getting it themselves at half price? And how long would you be able to keep up with this "laying in bed all day to get boss gear" before you got bored out of your skull?  That's essentially how long you'd need to 'sub' for. not for an entire year.

And all those little things add up way more than you would think. They are like compound interest on a long-term investment.

Posted

You will not get a refund nor are you eligible for one.

True story, those terms of service you check-marked "agree" to covers this stuff and outlines when you can get a refund and why.

I'm reserving my judgement till I actually see how it all works before I make up my mind either way but no matter how much a change upsets you that's not really how it works.

Welcome to being an adult, welcome to signing contracts, welcome to modern video games that are in a state of constant change.

Posted (edited)

Did they steal your CC from you? How are they forcing you to pay this? do you not have access to certain content if you dont pay this? I dont see how or why you feel that you are forced to pay this fee. Even if it is "P2W"({which it isn't) you are not forced to pay it. 

I know it's pointless to argue, as nobody in this forum ever changes his mind on whatever, but I will try to explain my point as simple as possible.

When I play games I enjoy winning. If actual "winning" does not exist in the game I enjoy having a strong character/position etc. I don't know a single player that enjoys loosing and getting -----ed by others. Now, I understand if someone puts more effort or is better at the game, he will ultimately win or at least beat my ass. So far this has been around 10-15% of the players. Now this item increases the amount of people who will have better gear than me by another lets say 30-50% (just speculating on numbers, could be more or less). So basically if I don't pay I turn from a high tear player to a low tear player. I don't like that and would ultimately cause me to choose another game to play. Not whining or threatening, I know nobody cares if I quit the game or not. I'm just sharing an opinion.

Edited by LightsOut

Posted (edited)

No no, dont quit!. Stay! Play! Just never ever ever ever again Pay! Now that they did this, it is like telling people like us....

"Hey GBD, it's fine we don't want your money. We are going to milk a bunch of other people who really do not care what they were told or promised etc. Seriously, they have nearly no standards at all, they just want super shiny and where it comes from??? who care!? So just sit back and relax, maybe pick up some other NOT pay to progress beyond reason game. Because your tab Sir, is paid."

Edited by GreenBeanDemon
1 person likes this

Posted

The REAL reason why this "Value Pack" was introduced to the game, was because the GM's were kind of getting sick'n'tired of the regular complainers whinging about the old normal topics like
"NERF THIS!!!"  or  
"THIS IS TOO OP, WTF!!!"  or  
"THIS GAME IS DOOMED, BECAUSE I QUIT!!!" etc...

Those topics were getting old and boring, so the GM's thought to spice up the forums with a fresh topic to lash out and vent about and thats why we have now the VALUE PACK'S!

Maybe if you all did less complaining and more playing, maybe the dev's wouldnt have to keep adding things like the "VALUE PACK", to keep you all occupied on the forums.

AND THATS THE TRUTH   :D;)

4 people like this

Posted

You will not get a refund nor are you eligible for one.
True story, those terms of service you check-marked "agree" to covers this stuff and outlines when you can get a refund and why.

I'm reserving my judgement till I actually see how it all works before I make up my mind either way but no matter how much a change upsets you that's not really how it works.

Welcome to being an adult, welcome to signing contracts, welcome to modern video games that are in a state of constant change.

I am one of those guys who actually reads the T&C and yes I know I'm not officially entitled to a refund and that is why I used the word "HOPE" in my initial post. I just happen to make software for a living and I did often refund people when I felt I disappointed them. Its a matter of self respect.

Posted

I know it's pointless to argue, as nobody in this forum ever changes his mind on whatever, but I will try to explain my point as simple as possible.

When I play games I enjoy winning. If actual "winning" does not exist in the game I enjoy having a strong character/position etc. I don't know a single player that enjoys loosing and getting -----ed by others. Now, I understand if someone puts more effort or is better at the game, he will ultimately win or at least beat my ass. So far this has been around 10-15% of the players. Now this item increases the amount of people who will have better gear than me by another lets say 30-50% (just speculating on numbers, could be more or less). So basically if I don't pay I turn from a high tear player to a low tear player. I don't like that and would ultimately cause me to choose another game to play. Not whining or threatening, I know nobody cares if I quit the game or not. I'm just sharing an opinion.

did you read the title of your post? not whining or threatening? You along with everyone else Vastly over estimates the impact this is going to have on the game. Just like they did about the PvP XP loss change. Then again this is just my opinion as well. 

Posted

People don't want to quit, though. The game is amazing except for a handful of cash shop items.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

^

People don't want to quit, though. The game is amazing except for a handful of cash shop items.

If you didn't want to quit you wouldn't quit.

people are grasping for straws to ----- about this game some of us have been waiting for for years, and gladly fund for those of you who seemingly have nothing to fund it with so shit man. Give me a -----ing break lmao.

Edited by War
1 person likes this

Posted

did you read the title of your post? not whining or threatening? You along with everyone else Vastly over estimates the impact this is going to have on the game. Just like they did about the PvP XP loss change. Then again this is just my opinion as well. 

I cannot threaten a game with 1 million purchases with my single purchase even if I wanted to so no I'm not threatening. I'm saying how I feel. And yes I'm frustrated. Anyway I'm not going to argue, I said what I wanted to say. Gonna get some popcorn and watch a movie now, will be back to check in tomorrow if there is an official statement from Daum before I decide what to do.

Posted

If you dont want to quit then dont quit. Don't threaten to quit. Don't say you should give me my money back.  If the game is amazing then why do a couple cash shop items make you hate the game? Are they going to Affect you THAT much? Doubtful