• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Keep fighting if you want the Marketplace Bonus to be taken out!

57 posts in this topic

Posted

most players could care less about nodes too, though that claim would need statistical evidence.

Just for future reference people are allowed an opinion, strange as it seems alot of people paid for this game which funnily enough gives them a right to voice it, another note i dont do housing at all but then most of the people that do generally dont bother with forums because it is largely the domain of trolls and pvpers whining about the latest nerf.

However i am more than happy to voice my concern about something that is rather obviously removing the point in parts of the game, im fairly certain if the added a feature to buy node territories there would be a rather large turnout of people against it now wouldn't there? There should be nothing in that shop that removes a point in a game design feature, period.

So what are you complaining about? The hell, voicing an opinion is one thing, what you are doing is a bit beyond that. Also it's wrong.

So you don't care about rank 1 housing, but are saying this is killing that mechanic.

Boy did I just get trolled, or you are one contradictory human.. either way, good day sir/ madam.

Posted

So what are you complaining about? The hell, voicing an opinion is one thing, what you are doing is a bit beyond that. Also it's wrong.

So you don't care about rank 1 housing, but are saying this is killing that mechanic.

Boy did I just get trolled, or you are one contradictory human.. either way, good day sir/ madam.

How is it contradictory, just because i dont do housing doesnt mean i shouldnt be concerned for the mechanic being for the most part removed for people who do. I dont pvp for the sake of causing someone else to lose xp but it doesn't mean i cant feel bad for those that did enjoy that aspect, sounds to me sir/madam like you decided to argue with someone because you've been "making forums great again since 2016" and found more logic than you can handle so decide to call it trolling and walk away.

At least you sound intelligent. 

Posted

Do you have a source for this games population numbers? since this company isn't a publicly trading company are these numbers even available besides GUESSTIMATES BY THIRD PARTY SOURCES?

No need sources for that i just walk in valencia city during populated hours and it's empty af, same goes for the rest of valencia regions

Posted

How is it contradictory, just because i dont do housing doesnt mean i shouldnt be concerned for the mechanic being for the most part removed for people who do. I dont pvp for the sake of causing someone else to lose xp but it doesn't mean i cant feel bad for those that did enjoy that aspect, sounds to me sir/madam like you decided to argue with someone because you've been "making forums great again since 2016" and found more logic than you can handle so decide to call it trolling and walk away.

And that's why you fail. Let's argue the points please. You know that title you reference is just a joke, right? It doesn't mean anything and thanks for taking it so seriously, you are literally the person I'm making fun of with that "title"..

So with the house giving you a 5% tax break and this giving you a 30% bonus to the money you collect from selling on the Market Place.. how do these counter each other? Doesn't this change actually help the people with a rank 1 house especailly if they cared about the tax break?

This is totally countering what you first started to complain about.

???

Posted

Funny thing is i would buy the pack without the marketplace tax thing, i wont with it though, to someone who has say 200 mil to blow they can quite easily buy boss armor off the night vendor then turn around and sell it at a premium, furthering the money they have and thereby their ability to get everything, there is still RNG to contend with of course but i still dont like the borderline tactic, it also removes the reason to go into housing to get the tax break if you can just buy it.

Im all for removing that part at least.

uh have you seen how people have been making out a trhe night vendor?  145 mil for a kazarka that sells fro 75mil

Posted

SO have you verified that housing gives a REGION TAX DISCOUNT OF 5% IN OUR REGION?

All I can find is that feature IS NOT IN OUR VERSION!?!

Posted

Rule of any business... Listen to your paying customers, let the free loaders quit the game.

Thank you Daum for doing something smart for a change.

What is smart about introducing P2W elements - something that Western players loathe?

And it's a very good thing you aren't setting the rules for their business. BDO has no "free loaders". Every single player in the game is a paying customer, having bought the game due to the B2P model. In a MMORPG the players themselves are the content. These are not games you play alone. Even if a player buys nothing from the shop they still add value to the game by being a guildmate, a groupmate, a PvPer, a crafter, a marketplace customer, a horse breeder, etc. Even when the player spends nothing in the shop their presence in the game helps to create a more active community so that all the players (including those who pay) actually have others to play, group, guild, and battle with.

The "value pack" would be better off doing what someone in another thread suggested - granting a pearl discount, rather than a marketplace tax discount. This avoids the P2W issues while encouraging players to spend even more. That would be doing something smart.

Posted (edited)

Rule of any business... Listen to your paying customers, let the free loaders quit the game.

Except, that, whales always are a very minority in games, so, do you think PA / daum would be fine with only a few % of the actual playerbase, even if thoses guys are stupid enough to pay for the first p2w option aviable ?

How are you going to feel special anyone playing only with other few whale, who, like you are going to have everything ?

Would you just spend your gaming time comparing the amount of money you throw in that game ?

would you be happy to only have, like Aion, only 3-5k whales for the whole game ?

Its never smart to build a two-speed game, especialy when money make your win. The greed rule a bit too much their game developpment 9_9

Edited by woots

Posted

The pack is fine.  I bought 12 months worth already.

See theres enough of us... "whales" that we can override the minority of this game with our wallets.  Enjoy.

Posted

See theres enough of us... "whales" that we can override the minority of this game with our wallets.  Enjoy.

And this ladies and gentlemen is the crowd the game was developed for(This is also the Korean gamers; The market the game was designed for). I don't have tons of in-game currency, as yet. But when I do, I'll also make use of the perks with that pack(even if I still can't access the storage for crafting without a maid outfit), there is no restriction on who can use it(it's not a for casuals thing, it's a business model). Also, what's up with the name-calling? "Whales, Casuals, Carebear..." Some of you just don't get it.

Posted

And this ladies and gentlemen is the crowd the game was developed for(This is also the Korean gamers; The market the game was designed for). I don't have tons of in-game currency, as yet. But when I do, I'll also make use of the perks with that pack(even if I still can't access the storage for crafting without a maid outfit), there is no restriction on who can use it(it's not a for casuals thing, it's a business model). Also, what's up with the name-calling? "Whales, Casuals, Carebear..." Some of you just don't get it.

I don't get it either.  Just because I spend money on a game/hobby I enjoy I am somehow in need of being made fun of.... hence my "whale" add in there.  I wrote what I wrote because I am sick of greedy gamers thinking they have a right to ----- about every little thing in the game......... this game wont survive freeloaders it just wont.

Posted (edited)

I don't get it either.  Just because I spend money on a game/hobby I enjoy I am somehow in need of being made fun of.... hence my "whale" add in there.  I wrote what I wrote because I am sick of greedy gamers thinking they have a right to ----- about every little thing in the game......... this game wont survive freeloaders it just wont.

BDO has no "free loaders". Every single player in the game is a paying customer, having bought the game due to the B2P model. In a MMORPG the players themselves are the content. These are not games you play alone. Even if a player buys nothing from the shop they still add value to the game by being a guildmate, a groupmate, a PvPer, a crafter, a marketplace customer, a horse breeder, etc. Even when the player spends nothing in the shop their presence in the game helps to create a more active community so that all the players (including those who pay) actually have others to play, group, guild, and battle with.

The "value pack" would be better off doing what someone in another thread suggested - granting a pearl discount, rather than a marketplace tax discount. This avoids the P2W issues while encouraging players to spend even more.

Edited by scau

Posted

BDO has no "free loaders". Every single player in the game is a paying customer, having bought the game due to the B2P model. In a MMORPG the players themselves are the content. These are not games you play alone. Even if a player buys nothing from the shop they still add value to the game by being a guildmate, a groupmate, a PvPer, a crafter, a marketplace customer, a horse breeder, etc. Even when the player spends nothing in the shop their presence in the game helps to create a more active community so that all the players (including those who pay) actually have others to play, group, guild, and battle with.

The "value pack" would be better off doing what someone in another thread suggested - granting a pearl discount, rather than a marketplace tax discount. This avoids the P2W issues while encouraging players to spend even more.

sorry thats just a label... we bought it because of B2P model..... same thing as buying WoW paying a fee monthly AND on top of that having a cash shop and paid expansions.

Sorry this community is just rotten and cheap.  You think your 20 bucks you spent buying the game is enough to keep it going?  Please.

Posted

Anytime any of us spend money in the cash shop we are called "fanboys" and "whales".

I could have sworn that was called "Satisfied and paying customers"

People think the Whales are the cause of Cash Shops, on the contrary, people who dont want to help pay for ongoing maintenance and upkeep of the games are the reasons the Devs have to find creative ways to keep money coming in the door. New players box sales dont account for enough to keep many MMOs open. So either pay for convenience, pay 2 win, or pay a sub.

50653573b20ae7efa9612f185cd87771.jpg

Posted

If it was a p2w issue to start with. They already have costumes that give EXP, they already have XP scrolls,  they already have weight  enhances and slots increase. The Devs/Pubs have to get paid somehow and the game has already proved the likelihood that players will pay if such and such was in place that holds value to each player

Posted

You have three options at this point, Daum.

1) Remove the marketplace aspect of the value pack

2) Reduce the loyalty cost to 100 loyalty per Value pack day or less.

3) Remove the value pack from the cash shop.

And after you've made one of those choices, or several of them.

Don't you DARE try pulling this type of shit again.

Posted

You have three options at this point, Daum.

1) Remove the marketplace aspect of the value pack

2) Reduce the loyalty cost to 100 loyalty per Value pack day or less.

3) Remove the value pack from the cash shop.

And after you've made one of those choices, or several of them.

Don't you DARE try pulling this type of shit again.

There is a 4th option, None of the above. Cause if they don't do one of the 3 you listed you'll do what exactly?

Posted (edited)

There is a 4th option, None of the above. Cause if they don't do one of the 3 you listed you'll do what exactly?

Not just me, and the action will be chargebacks.

You have a week Daum. Good Luck.

Edited by Shs

Posted

Not just me, and the action will be chargebacks.

You have a week Daum. Good Luck.

You are that petty? I hope Daum finds a way to hit  all these people who do fake chargebacks with fraud.  

Posted (edited)

You are that petty? I hope Daum finds a way to hit  all these people who do fake chargebacks with fraud.  

Right because you wouldn't ask for a refund if the shirt you bought and was shipped to your home was actually a pair of ruined jeans

And honestly, giving your own money and time so little importance makes you the petty one here, as well as anybody who is okay with this addition to BDO.

Edited by Shs

Posted

I concur  Remove it please daum or make the loyalty version cost 200 loyalty a day instead of 1400

Anytime any of us spend money in the cash shop we are called "fanboys" and "whales".

I could have sworn that was called "Satisfied and paying customers"

People think the Whales are the cause of Cash Shops, on the contrary, people who dont want to help pay for ongoing maintenance and upkeep of the games are the reasons the Devs have to find creative ways to keep money coming in the door. New players box sales dont account for enough to keep many MMOs open. So either pay for convenience, pay 2 win, or pay a sub.

50653573b20ae7efa9612f185cd87771.jpg

Don't disagree but they should replace the marketplace tax reduction with something else.  Say unlimited skill and combat add-on resetting (make regular skill resets cost pearls again to help increase the value of this)  Also unlimited bleaches for the Merve's pallet.   Then maybe offer the marketplace reduction for 200 loyalty a day as a separate item. 

Posted

If we stop complaining about it we won't get a response out of DAUM or PA that we want, Some people are trying to calm us down to keep the marketplace deduction in there, Keep fighting. If DAUM won't give us a Poll over it we'll force the poll this way.

No, I'm fine with it and I don't even intend to buy one.

Posted (edited)

If we stop complaining about it we won't get a response out of DAUM or PA that we want, Some people are trying to calm us down to keep the marketplace deduction in there, Keep fighting. If DAUM won't give us a Poll over it we'll force the poll this way.

Keep fighting how? not spending anymore money on cash shop? they already got the money they want from users they baited to belive bdo was not going to be trash p2w most others mmo out here, now it's time to milk whales, addicted and casual players; can't get money back  and cant even sell the accaunt because nobody would buy an account of bdo with this trash p2w; what is left? i already apologized to my friends that bought the game because of me only thing left i could do is (deserved) bad pubblicity to the game

Edited by Francesco

Posted

Right because you wouldn't ask for a refund if the shirt you bought and was shipped to your home was actually a pair of ruined jeans

And honestly, giving your own money and time so little importance makes you the petty one here, as well as anybody who is okay with this addition to BDO.

But this is different. You got what you paid for, and part of the agreement you made when you bought and played this game is that it can and will change. Your forum account was made in April, Lets assume you had the game the same length of time. You used the product for months, that's like getting a pair of jeans wearing them for months and than doing a chargeback cause you don't like them anymore.(also ignoring the fact if say amazon sent me the wrong Item i can just do a normal return/exchange no need to do a chargeback for that either.)

Posted

Daum%20Cash_zpsl1esr0ld.jpg

Thanks for proving that even without the value pack people are more then happy to spend tons of money on the game. This just helps prove there is even less reason for a monthly value pack because people already open their wallets and pour money into the game.