• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Value Pack Misunderstandings/Suggestions

48 posts in this topic

Posted

First of all, I think the value pack is misunderstood. It isn't a removal of the 30% tax entirely, it's an addition of 30% to your money made which ends up something like 10% tax if you do the math. That being said, I think it is still unnecessary and will cause more players to be furious than it will increase profits.

So, I have some suggestions to make a value pack that players would looove but also not change the core values of the game.

My idea is a cosmetics value pack. This would allow you to wear 1 costume of your choice with Merv's palette and beauty shop for a month after which you lose the costume and dyes. I'm not sure if this would decrease people buying costumes or not, if so I'm sure the price could be increased a bit but I'm sure a lot of people would like this. 

You might have to limit the costume to costumes added before x date so people are forced to buy new costumes permanently if they want to wear them.

Feedback?

1 person likes this

Posted

i would be fine if they made the pack 140 loyalty points for 1 day or 30 day for 3500 loyalty.

4 people like this

Posted

i would be fine if they made the pack 140 loyalty points for 1 day or 30 day for 3500 loyalty.

i think that wuld be better for sure but it would suck if loyalty becomes only used for that

Posted

The idea of adding costumes is actually a good one, there are multiple countries playing that wont buy outfits because 30 usd turns into 50 or more, so it would be a way to increase sales in that department.

I have looked at buying an outfit but for where im from i really cant justify the cost, with dye on top its not worth it so i would fully support the idea, there are probably multiple things they could add to make it just as appealing,

1 person likes this

Posted

I think they could also remove the tax evasion buff, its probably easier (I dunno I don't know how its coded). Its not that big a deal anyway (for me) but I can see how some people are upset.

Posted

I would like it if the tax was also reduced when selling a horse, as the horse market is where most of my big transactions happen.

Posted

agreed

that or nerf the packs a little bit

Posted

First of all, I think the value pack is misunderstood. It isn't a removal of the 30% tax entirely, it's an addition of 30% to your money made which ends up something like 10% tax if you do the math. That being said, I think it is still unnecessary and will cause more players to be furious than it will increase profits.

So, I have some suggestions to make a value pack that players would looove but also not change the core values of the game.

My idea is a cosmetics value pack. This would allow you to wear 1 costume of your choice with Merv's palette and beauty shop for a month after which you lose the costume and dyes. I'm not sure if this would decrease people buying costumes or not, if so I'm sure the price could be increased a bit but I'm sure a lot of people would like this. 

You might have to limit the costume to costumes added before x date so people are forced to buy new costumes permanently if they want to wear them.

Feedback?

Nope, leave it like is. To all those who oppose the subscription... If you don't have disposable income then you should spend more time working or looking for a job and less time playing games.

Posted

Nope, leave it like is. To all those who oppose the subscription... If you don't have disposable income then you should spend more time working or looking for a job and less time playing games.

This is ignoring the entire issue people have with the boxes and taking an extreme approach that offers no solutions 

Posted

This hinders players that dont want to pay more besides the initial box price.

Im not ok with this.

2 people like this

Posted

I would like it if the tax was also reduced when selling a horse, as the horse market is where most of my big transactions happen.

We'll have to test that. It may actually be the case.

Posted

This is ignoring the entire issue people have with the boxes and taking an extreme approach that offers no solutions 

The  issue with the boxes is the (let's call them Liberal Carebears) people don't want to buy them. They are claiming this new subscription based bundle is p2w. It doesn't matter what those people think. The company has to make money to survive. None of these Korean games are built for the "Love" of it... its all about money. If you don't have the money to blow on the sub... sucks for you. If you do, then more power to you. If you do but refuse, then more power to you.

Posted

The  issue with the boxes is the (let's call them Liberal Carebears) people don't want to buy them. They are claiming this new subscription based bundle is p2w. It doesn't matter what those people think. The company has to make money to survive. None of these Korean games are built for the "Love" of it... its all about money. If you don't have the money to blow on the sub... sucks for you. If you do, then more power to you. If you do but refuse, then more power to you.

youre not listening, that is why this is a discussion on how to get money without people calling it p2w. That's the point of this whole thread.

Posted

youre not listening, that is why this is a discussion on how to get money without people calling it p2w. That's the point of this whole thread.

The topic started by talking about how people don't like 30% tax break tied to the Value Pack. I'm just reading between the lines here. They don't need ideas to make money. The Korean version already has tons of Cash Shop items for that purpose. ;)

Posted

The topic started by talking about how people don't like 30% tax break tied to the Value Pack. I'm just reading between the lines here. They don't need ideas to make money. The Korean version already has tons of Cash Shop items for that purpose. ;)

huh? Any sane company will use feedback from its customers to determine future decisions. Obviously people are displeased with it, so what  are you reading"between the lines"?

Posted

I seriously don't understand the purpose of those topic against value pack, Kaokao won't change it, they didn't change th ninja delay of may, they didn't reverse the xp loss, they didn't change the delay of awakening weapons....etc.

This game became a Freemium with cash shop for 15€/month. End of story.

Posted

This hinders players that dont want to pay more besides the initial box price.

Im not ok with this.

How is that? Nothing has changed in the base game.

Posted

Enjoy your pay to win game. I hope all that money Daum is milking from you guys ends up actually improving the servers at some point. LOOOOOOOL We all know they're not going to improve the server and all that money you're spending is just padding their wallets.

1 person likes this

Posted

Enjoy your pay to win game. I hope all that money Daum is milking from you guys ends up actually improving the servers at some point. LOOOOOOOL We all know they're not going to improve the server and all that money you're spending is just padding their wallets.

don't worry, i have money, but still 15€ for a sub is a bit high... and i hope it's not character bound

Posted (edited)

huh? Any sane company will use feedback from its customers to determine future decisions. Obviously people are displeased with it, so what  are you reading"between the lines"?

They will to an extent so long as profit is not affected. They don't care about our feelings bro. lol.

Let em milk it. This sub will make my time spent in-game more valuable ;).

Edited by jangalangz

Posted

They will to an extent so long as profit is not affected. They don't care about our feelings bro. lol.

idk where this idea came from that all businesses are evil. Everyone wants happy customers and big profits. Unhappy customers = bad profits especially long term, very basic stuff

Posted

For crafting numbers are completely different... Its not 10,20% increase, its actually 40-200%... And yes we top crafters did our math already...

Posted

I seriously don't understand the purpose of those topic against value pack, Kaokao won't change it, they didn't change th ninja delay of may, they didn't reverse the xp loss, they didn't change the delay of awakening weapons....etc.

This game became a Freemium with cash shop for 15€/month. End of story.

they did listen to feedback for sorcs. They also have been working on servers, adding compensation for offlne time, make skills points free to use, add night vendor, nerf afk fishing due to so many whiners, etc. Just cause they didn't change the specific parts of the game you wanted doesn't mean theydont listen to feedback. They make their own decisions and a lot of people whine O the forums about nothing anyway

Posted

idk where this idea came from that all businesses are evil. Everyone wants happy customers and big profits. Unhappy customers = bad profits especially long term, very basic stuff

You will see. The game will continue on. KaoKao or whatever the hell it's called as well as PearlAbyss will continue to make wads of cash. While people whine over P2W features that aren't really P2W. People will continue to moan and groan after every single cash shop update, class nerf, and class buff. It's a never ending cycle.

Posted

You will see. The game will continue on. KaoKao or whatever the hell it's called as well as PearlAbyss will continue to make wads of cash. While people whine over P2W features that aren't really P2W. People will continue to moan and groan after every single cash shop update, class nerf, and class buff. It's a never ending cycle.

i have seen it in almost every MMO to date and I fear for it too but that doesn't mean you cant try and offer suggestions. Mods do read these forums, you know, it is just tough because they have to answer to PA who doesn't really seem to understand the Western market