• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So what were you expecting from a B2P MMO?

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Because we all know that people work for free, cardboard boxes can be setup as offices, liscensing fees are non-existant, and servers run on unicorn dust, I'm completely shocked that the publisher keeps pushing cash shop items designed to make people want to pay.

I'm baffled at just how greedy this company is. It's almost like they're trying to run a business instead of a charity.

2 people like this

Posted

Excuse me but we already have a expensive cash shop

1 person likes this

Posted

I expected a game that was regionalized  for the western market. I got that, everything else is icing on the cake. I don't use the cash shop and I don't care if other people do. 

1 person likes this

Posted

well the logic of all these people crying about the optional 15 buck a month sub obviously dont understand the simple server cost to keep this game alive let alone dev costs.

you can mooch but dont go crying cause the supporters get a few minor buffs, instead you should be greatful that people are keeping this game alive.

Posted

I expected a game that was regionalized  for the western market. I got that, everything else is icing on the cake. I don't use the cash shop and I don't care if other people do. 

Yay! One rational person found! Now burn him like a witch.

Posted

predatory tactics =/= income

you don't need p2w to be a successful market venture, that's been proven time and time again by other mmos, just because daum is doesn't know how to pull it off doesn't mean we should put up with it

Posted

I was expecting all this, but then again I'm a realist.

2 people like this

Posted

predatory tactics =/= income

you don't need p2w to be a successful market venture, that's been proven time and time again by other mmos, just because daum is doesn't know how to pull it off doesn't mean we should put up with it

But the entire game is designed around predatory tactics to draw you to the cash shop. The Value Pack just gives you a better deal.

Posted

But the entire game is designed around predatory tactics to draw you to the cash shop. The Value Pack just gives you a better deal.

i'm not denying that's how the game is built, but anyone who believe that is the only way for a company be successful is wrong

Posted

i'm not denying that's how the game is built, but anyone who believe that is the only way for a company be successful is wrong

I agree with you on that. But the thing is, this is the game we got. There is no way they can modify it enough to remove all the predatory stuff from it.  We'll have to look for a different game for that, or live with what we have.

That said, I don't actually mind paying what is essentially a sub for a game.  The Value pack looks attractive in terms of QoL items it offers that I would have to pay far more for if I were to acquire them separately for all my characters.

Posted

.. and servers run on unicorn dust..

i'm gonna have to correct you there. the unicorns eat up plagiarised speeches and poop out unicorn dust, which is then mixed with bank notes, potatoes and steroids in a randomly-generated ratio, and fed to hamsters so they can keep running in their hamster wheels that power the servers.

but to be fair, i don't see a lot of surviving buy-to-play games with sub models. perhaps indications that bdo will go f2p at some point.

Posted

Even though some very loud and vocal posters on the forum would have you believe that the game is doing well and not losing players, the addition of the subscription or value pack is indicative that Daum/PA needed a new source of revenue.  This is either indicative of a decreasing player base or corporate greed.  Personally, I feel like the former is more likely .  A lot of the hype has died down and many people have quit.  They are likely not getting the amount cash shop transactions they were in Q1 and early in Q2.  BDO is more of a niche MMO because of its punishing RNG and the amount of time it requires to competitively participate.  As such, the player base will often be smaller compared to traditional theme park MMOs. The smaller population requires Daum/PA to continue to come up with new ways to increase revenue.  I personally don't have a problem with the value pack and I expect them to continue to add similar items to keep up their revenue stream. 

To those complaining:  I suggest you get used to the value pack or leave because I believe it's a sign of what's to come. 

Posted

I was expecting all this, but then again I'm a realist.

Idk if i could be considered a realist but I did not, not expect this.

I just understand how this shit works.
That being said, my mentality is different than most other hardcore gamers.
I work to play. Not play to play and play.

I know that my favorite hobbies require $$$bills son.
So I go make my cut, and spend it on my hobbies.

This is what allows me to afford the things people are salty about in bdo.
and 600$ airsoft guns/mods.
and shit for my M700.

#Merica.

Posted

and 600$ airsoft guns/mods.

I got 4 umodded ones. And lots of zombie targets. I'm ready for the apocalypse.

I did not, not....

hqdefault.jpg

If you say so.

Posted

well the logic of all these people crying about the optional 15 buck a month sub obviously dont understand the simple server cost to keep this game alive let alone dev costs.

you can mooch but dont go crying cause the supporters get a few minor buffs, instead you should be greatful that people are keeping this game alive.

So okay let me get this straight:

You support a company that LIED to your FACE about subscribtions and adding no pay 2 win and continue to defend them.

I mean sure how about your television you just bought has soo many features but you cant watch TV with it unlike the company said because its a tv no?

But hey you can buy this extension pack that lets you watch tv. Its fine right? because the people need money to live too and its totaly legit.

Posted

It's a sign of the future of this game. It doesn't surprise me they are going for as much profit as they can get. They feel this will be a good seller so they implemented it. If it sells well expect further similar type cash grabs in the market. They know they have one of the hottest trending MMORPGs on the market right now, a gorgeous game with nothing on the horizon that really even compares to it's realistic graphics and feel. The closest is Bless and it's Meh on the combat so it won't be a true rival to BDO. Sadly for us P.A. and Daum know they are in a rock solid spot and if they think they can milk some more money out of us they're going to.

Posted (edited)

I got 4 umodded ones. And lots of zombie targets. I'm ready for the apocalypse.

hqdefault.jpg

If you say so.

LMFAOOO
And ooo you play airsoft? TELL ME MORE! Time for off-topic airsoft discussion?

Even though I hate off topic.

I'll even take some pics of my loadout tonight :)

or were you talking about real guns
If that's the case. I present to you.... <picture of> my M700 tactical!

So okay let me get this straight:

You support a company that LIED to your FACE about subscribtions and adding no pay 2 win and continue to defend them.

I mean sure how about your television you just bought has soo many features but you cant watch TV with it unlike the company said because its a tv no?

But hey you can buy this extension pack that lets you watch tv. Its fine right? because the people need money to live too and its totaly legit.

pleas cite their lie.
Pleas apa format

oh shit wait you can't.

This makes you a liar.

BAN HIM!

Edited by War

Posted (edited)

You support a company that LIED to your FACE about subscribtions

This lie doesn't exist though. I have no record of it. Someone did post what the preoder page said, but anyone with a bit of experience could have seen that meant at launch. Valid at that time.

Again I say its an MMO. Expect changes. Changes to classes, to the business model, to pricing etc etc.

I think saying they lied, is disingenuous or a stretch on the truth. 

LMFAOOOAnd ooo you play airsoft? TELL ME MORE! Time for off-topic airsoft discussion?

Was just talking airsoft. But I'm not that big into it. I just plink around in the backyard sometimes. Joking a bit about being prepared for the end of times. 

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

The options are either sub or cash shop for revenue. Unfortunately the sub route was entirely thrown out before it was tried. Introducing a sub to play at this point would be suicide for the game.

As far as MMOs go, I can't think of any non-sub MMO not offering a paid advantage of some form.

Purely cosmetic purchases might work for MOBA and FPS, but they're entirely different games.

Posted

What it comes down to is if this game is worth a monthly sub. And if the developers can produce enough content to warrant a monthly sub going into the future,

Given they games history they can't. Everyone has to remember that we have pretty much gone through 2-3 years worth of content they have produce. This sub is used in other regions of the game and instead of a steady flow of new playable content they are making more outfits/pets or what ever for you to spend even more money on. So why should any one buy the game then pay a monthly sub then be forced to buy all of the required add on's like pets and gillie suits on top of it. With that same years worth of subs I could buy a few games from steam and enjoy more content else where.

Posted (edited)

Was just talking airsoft. But I'm not that big into it. I just plink around in the backyard sometimes. Joking a bit about being prepared for the end of times. 

Haha nah I feel ya. I do a lot of milsim/trainingsim type stuff. The end of times will be my end of times, nogamenolife.

Edited by War

Posted

Because we all know that people work for free, cardboard boxes can be setup as offices, liscensing fees are non-existant, and servers run on unicorn dust, I'm completely shocked that the publisher keeps pushing cash shop items designed to make people want to pay.

I'm baffled at just how greedy this company is. It's almost like they're trying to run a business instead of a charity.

we expected them to survive on copies bought and the already ungodly pricing of the cash shop which is more then just a bit profiable which don't forget is still used by thousands of players every day

Posted

Theres a difference between the extra profit people get for their farmed item versus buying a liverto from the market. But apparently their the same lo. I guess cashew milk and cow milk are the same right?

Posted

I agree with you on that. But the thing is, this is the game we got. There is no way they can modify it enough to remove all the predatory stuff from it.  We'll have to look for a different game for that, or live with what we have.

That said, I don't actually mind paying what is essentially a sub for a game.  The Value pack looks attractive in terms of QoL items it offers that I would have to pay far more for if I were to acquire them separately for all my characters.

i will have to disagree with you there, i see no reason why they couldn't change the marketing model to be more consumer friendly other than just simply not wanting to. it isn't like removing stats from costumes or not offering tax reductions in cash shop packs is a difficult task to pull off. 

and while i also wouldn't mind paying for an essentially sub game, i'm not fine giving my money a company that just feels as skeevy as daum does. they have no care for their customers or respect for their own product, they just want to milk people for the most they can in the laziest of ways and frankly i don't think companies like that deserve to succeed. 

Posted

i will have to disagree with you there, i see no reason why they couldn't change the marketing model to be more consumer friendly other than just simply not wanting to. it isn't like removing stats from costumes or not offering tax reductions in cash shop packs is a difficult task to pull off. 

and while i also wouldn't mind paying for an essentially sub game, i'm not fine giving my money a company that just feels as skeevy as daum does. they have no care for their customers or respect for their own product, they just want to milk people for the most they can in the laziest of ways and frankly i don't think companies like that deserve to succeed. 

Yeah, but at this point, removing stats from costumes would just enrage the remaining people who bought them. Remember when they slightly changed the Ghillie Suit?

And some of the other stuff (like inventory and weight systems that are designed to push you to buy expansions from the cash store) would require significant recoding of the game, I think.

I get what you mean about Daum as a company. I am of two minds about that, personally. But I recently bought some pearls that I was going to use to get inventory expansions for my characters, and that may be better used for value packs instead at this point. After those are up, we will see...