• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Daum/Pearl Abyss are pretty smart

23 posts in this topic

Posted

-Smuggle in a "p2w" item with hyped classes to mask said item. 

-Lock threads but don't openly say anything for at least a day just to "test the waters"

-Build trust by saying such items have no place in "our" version

-Continue to slide in more p2w features as people either quit or just stop caring

-Go f2p a few months later to rebuild player retention 

3 people like this

Posted

Lets all forget about the merge with Kakao

1 person likes this

Posted

Lets all forget about the merge with Kakao

I thought Kakao was just a name change? Even so I doubt they had anything to do with it and this is working as intended original by Pearl. 

Posted

9.5 billion USD... jesus.. wonder how many bheg gloves they can buy....

All that dye fam. 

Posted

-Smuggle in a "p2w" item with hyped classes to mask said item. 

-Lock threads but don't openly say anything for at least a day just to "test the waters"

-Build trust by saying such items have no place in "our" version

-Continue to slide in more p2w features as people either quit or just stop caring

-Go f2p a few months later to rebuild player retention 

The blueprint was there, only needed some slight tweaking. I guess time will tell who wore it better though, Daum/PA or Trion/XL

Posted

All that dye fam. 

but now with the new and shiny MEVS PALETTE aint no body gonna buy dat old rng dyes

Posted (edited)

You forgot the most important thing. Release it right after forced refunds are impossible.

Edited by Hamstermascot

Posted

I was expecting that but not that early so had a fun time in this game first they ignored my mimi as a warrior than they -----in released p2w ty Daum i gonna see how much i can recharge on my account

Posted

I was expecting that but not that early so had a fun time in this game first they ignored my mimi as a warrior than they -----in released p2w ty Daum i gonna see how much i can recharge on my account

How do you chargeback? Is it a long process? If so I won't bother. 

Posted

Sadly, they dont care. There is lot of people sepnding hundreds to thousands on pixels. If you are not happy, dont play. Only thing which can change their minds are customers who pay. But they are still here and will be here.

Posted

How do you chargeback? Is it a long process? If so I won't bother. 

i'm in contact with paypal and i gonna check my rights first but ye i can pretty much recharge everything with paypal

Posted

No, you're not. You're going to continue playing like a good little goy. 

Posted

i'm in contact with paypal and i gonna check my rights first but ye i can pretty much recharge everything with paypal

Please keep us updated on this, preferably with proof if things turn out in your favor. If Paypal decides that Daum broke their end of the contract, it could have a really significant impact on things moving forward.

Posted

----- I didn't use paypal but my normal credit card. I'd hate having to go through my bank. 

Posted

Well thing is wallet warriors will not play game if rest players are leaving game... Thats why f2p will come in 4,5 months max...

Posted

They didn't break any terms.  Verbal or otherwise.  You checked agree when you loaded this game up saying they can do whatever they want with it and you are not entitled to anything.
It's actually fraud what many of you are trying to do regardless of if paypal allows it or not.  And IF PA wanted to they could deny each one of these charge backs.  I just dont think they care because they are raking in the money regardless of you quitting and charging back.

I'm not saying otherwise. However, TOS are rarely that straightforward, and often have loopholes. If Paypal's legal team finds such a loophole, they would probably be more than happy to do a chargeback, as they'd still make money off of it.

Posted

At this point I'm contemplating taking a break from the game if Value Pack stays in the game. Over the past few months, I have defended against the P2W arguments on ghillie, dye system and many others. I cannot defend this one as it is P2W and very much so.  A doubling in crafting, alchemy, cooking profit is not a "small advantage". Many players are fixated on the "30%", but when you do the math you will quickly realize that the advantage is astronomical.
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/103618-market-math-on-the-new-value-pack

I am sure the people working there are amazing people and recently we have seen amazing improvement in the community relations. I was really hopeful for the development of the game up until yesterday. Now I am sad and disappointed. Another part of the company have prioritized short term profit over long term health of the playerbase. At this point I hope that @CM_Aethon and @CM_Tytyes will vehemently defend against this change. This is the first time I linked the CM in any of my post, as I respect their inbox. I am sure they are closely examining the community reaction right now. Anything dealing with money is a thorny concern, so I wish them the best of luck as they are our only hope within Daum. 

Edit: IF I ask the community: Do you think making twice the silver in exchange for a monthly subscription is P2W. I think majority will say yes. But when you say a 30% tax reduction, it seems a lot less. But the two are equally valid statements presented in a different fashion. 

1 person likes this

Posted

People don't really care about the value packs, its just something fresh for you wanks to ----- about.

Posted

They didn't break any terms.  Verbal or otherwise.  You checked agree when you loaded this game up saying they can do whatever they want with it and you are not entitled to anything.
It's actually fraud what many of you are trying to do regardless of if paypal allows it or not.  And IF PA wanted to they could deny each one of these charge backs.  I just dont think they care because they are raking in the money regardless of you quitting and charging back.

this.  

if you do charge back, you will likely get away with it, but please don't act like you're a victim.  You waived your right to a refund the second you logged in, you're committing fraud plain and simple.

Posted

People don't really care about the value packs, its just something fresh for you wanks to ----- about.

Excuse me, some of us very much cares about this. 

Frankly, I did not think ghillie or dye system was P2W. I did not wine about the PvP change nor the DF issue.  But I am and have been vehemently arguing this one because of the ability to make twice as much profit from all life skills. As a KR player, I also understand the implications moving forward with alchemy stones. 

Posted (edited)

Excuse me, some of us very much cares about this. 

Frankly, I did not think ghillie or dye system was P2W. I did not wine about the PvP change nor the DF issue.  But I am and have been vehemently arguing this one because of the ability to make twice as much profit from all life skills. As a KR player, I also understand the implications moving forward with alchemy stones. 

Oh it is so outrageous that there is an item that is the equivalent of a monthly subscription.

Either use it or don't, but acting like it is the end of the world is disingenuous.

It is actually better than a monthly sub, because if you don't play for a few months they don't keep charging you.

Also, its not like you can't store the stuff you want to sell and get the 1 day loyalty version and reap the same benefit.

I guess that just never occurred to you right?

Edited by Kelticfury

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0