• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

QQing about pearl shop, get a job

84 posts in this topic

Posted

get a job.. servers and staffing cost money... No reason they shouldn't do small things like what they've done to earn income for a product they've chosen to release/upkeep.

Tired of poor people complaining constantly

11 people like this

Posted

God bless, thats the kind of people everyone wants!

Be quiet! say nothing! just take it like other wants it to be! never complain about anything!

Be free but never say anything against our decisions!!!

9 people like this

Posted

it's not just poor people. it's entitled people too.

I spend less on this game because of the prices, but what I do buy I never regret it.

3 people like this

Posted

I have not complained about it before but I do have a job I make good money and I have been playing mmo's for 2 decades the cash grab in the shop is just that a cash grab. There is no excuse for that kind of greed. In other games they sell the same items for 1/3 the price and they make 10's of millions a month. On their cash shop!. No buy into the game then pay exorbitant prices for anything from the shop. Daum is actually cutting off their own nose to spite their faces.

If the cash shop was reasonably priced they would double triple or more the amount of sales and make even more money. It's their own greed that is keeping them from making more. I personally will not spend 30 bucks for 1 outfit. if they were a more reasonable 10 dollars an outfit I would buy as many as I liked and there are 5 or 6 I want but hell if I will pay 150+ for some ingame eye candy so daum is costing themselves a lot of missed sales by having such a high priced market. It is people like the OP that are to dumb to realize they are being shafted and actually defend the practice that keeps the prices so high.

If you defend those prices either your mommy and daddy are buying it not knowing what their hard earned cash is being spent on or you just have no sense of value for the dollar.

13 people like this

Posted

I have not complained about it before but I do have a job I make good money and I have been playing mmo's for 2 decades the cash grab in the shop is just that a cash grab. There is no excuse for that kind of greed. In other games they sell the same items for 1/3 the price and they make 10's of millions a month. On their cash shop!. No buy into the game then pay exorbitant prices for anything from the shop. Daum is actually cutting off their own nose to spite their faces.

If the cash shop was reasonably priced they would double triple or more the amount of sales and make even more money. It's their own greed that is keeping them from making more. I personally will not spend 30 bucks for 1 outfit. if they were a more reasonable 10 dollars an outfit I would buy as many as I liked and there are 5 or 6 I want but hell if I will pay 150+ for some ingame eye candy so daum is costing themselves a lot of missed sales by having such a high priced market. It is people like the OP that are to dumb to realize they are being shafted and actually defend the practice that keeps the prices so high.

If you defend those prices either your mommy and daddy are buying it not knowing what their hard earned cash is being spent on or you just have no sense of value for the dollar.

You don't like the prices then don't buy anything.  This game is coasting me way less then I had to pay out for WoW which I played for five years.

Posted

it's not about having money to buy the stuff in their cash shop or pay for a subscription service, its about using that money wisely.

i don't think what they are charging for things is worth the service i'm getting. 

would you pay 20$ for someone to spit on your car's windshield, wipe it off with his sleeve and call it a car wash? or would you rather give that same 20$ to Steeve's CarWash Shop.

Same way I would rather give CCP or A-net my 15$/month instead of DAUM/PA

because i know what 15$ is worth to me

6 people like this

Posted

the cost of the value pack for 30 days is less than a value meal to feed most of the fat asses who are complaining.. save a trip to fat burger and enjoy cheap entertainment

Don't forget its less than smoking, drinking, going to cinema etc. etc.

@ QQers: If you cannot afford the $15pm or just don't want to spend money on pixels then why QQ so hard to stop others from having stuff that supports the game. 

Posted

THEY TOOK ER JERBS

3 people like this

Posted

Just an FYI for you, each individual piece of gear in GW2, y'know, the game that everyone compares BDO to, costs anywhere between $5-10. Guess how much a single hat in the cash shop costs? 500 pearls ($5), guess how much the shoes cost? 400 pearls ($4), guess how much the main body costs? 1600 pearls ($16), but that includes the pants, shirt and gloves. That directly aligns with how much costs in GW2. Don't bother telling me it doesn't, I downloaded GW2 just to check it. So honestly, BDO is no more expensive than GW2.

Posted

THEY TOOK ER JERBS

They took her job?!

Posted

They took her job?!

DEY TUKR JEARB

I spend less on this game because of the prices, but what I do buy I never regret it.

THAT FUNNY CUZ I SPEND A SHIT TON AND REGRET ALL OF IT

Posted

DEY TUKR JEARB

DAY TUCK GEAR ?

Posted

Just an FYI for you, each individual piece of gear in GW2, y'know, the game that everyone compares BDO to, costs anywhere between $5-10. Guess how much a single hat in the cash shop costs? 500 pearls ($5), guess how much the shoes cost? 400 pearls ($4), guess how much the main body costs? 1600 pearls ($16), but that includes the pants, shirt and gloves. That directly aligns with how much costs in GW2. Don't bother telling me it doesn't, I downloaded GW2 just to check it. So honestly, BDO is no more expensive than GW2.

You cant compare the two. You can't. Never needed to spend a dime in GW2. All cash shop items can be bought with ingame currency. All end game gear is easily attainable. These games are no where near comparable.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Your analogy is incorrect.

You buy a costume once in GW2 and all your toons can wear it.

Most full costumes cost about $16 yes. Some smaller items if you want cost less, or you can buy a skin. Your dyes are account wide. etc...

So while you compare, keep in mind that most of the items in the GW2 cash shop can be used account wide on any toon at any time.

As flood mentioned, you can buy the "pearls/gems" using in game money.

Edited by Sigerith
added gems
1 person likes this

Posted

DAY TUCK GEAR ?

DERT DE DER

1 person likes this

Posted

Grow a heart in that chasm in your chest, thanks. Or maybe that's too much to ask...

Posted (edited)

1- I will bother and tell you IT DOESN'T. 

2A- I call bullshit that you actually downloaded guild wars 2 just to check it

2B - You could have looked at a wiki to get the prices instead of wasting 25GB of bandwidth

3- BDO is at least 3x more expensive than GW2

Your post is 100% wrong.

Outfits are 700 Gems

8241763570.png

Full Set Skins are 800 Gems

daef22ac78.png

10$USD for 800 Gems

Also notice the words

"Skins have no stats of their own" and "does not give any stat bonus"

Edited by SquaZ
2 people like this

Posted

get a job.. servers and staffing cost money... No reason they shouldn't do small things like what they've done to earn income for a product they've chosen to release/upkeep.

1 million copies sold (30 euro/dollar base cost, more for higher end packs). Add the amount of cash shop transactions. Please QQ more about people complaining about broken promises that ruin in game economy (crafters with vs crafters without value pack, regular grinders, whatever).

Just remove the AH tax removal, and there would be no outcry.

Posted

...Too obvious. I'm reasonably certain that this particular topic is solely intended to piss people off. Standard trolling procedure.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Here we see the point in the pay to win process as exhibited in the archeage trion fiasco where the whiteknight community finally realise that they can no longer pretend that the game isnt pay to win and then move on to trying to make an argument for why introducing pay to win in games is not wrong.

Honestly at this point, the archeage forums can server as fossil records of cash grabs, youll find the same transition to the whiteknights using terms such as 'freeloaders' and 'supporting the game'. Though the funniest thing is that although BDO has had to take a much slower approach due to the mmorpg community being freshly wary of a cash grab, in doing this they managed to get away with turning a game pay to win while using a buy to play model ontop.

Edited by Kuroshikon
3 people like this

Posted

Yeah those servers sure cost money. With all the disconnecting and desync they must cost a 'huge' sum of money per month... There's been literally zero improvements since the launch of the game in terms of server stability and desync. Hell its honestly gotten worse over the last while. It seems that for all the money people keep pumping into the company none of it is actually going to more server support or infrastructure.

They also have to pay staff I'm sure their staff budget must be overwhelming with how quickly they get back to tickets and how promptly they respond to issues. They must have people on 24hour call and that isn't cheap. Now if you can't tell I'm being sarcastic lets actually discuss the current lack of support. It takes weeks sometimes months to receive a reply to a ticket. At best you'll receive an automated reply and maybe eventually receive a reply from an actual person.

Its very obvious there's working with as minimal staff as humanly possible, which either means they literally can't afford more people or more likely they're happy to take your money and provide you excuses and more cash shop items to further line their pockets.

With how many copies of the game has sold and how much money 'whales' are pumping into DAUM there is literally no excuse for such shabby and poor servers and support. Until such time as something changes I can't possibly see how you can justify that they're spending your money well and that they need even more money to further support the game.

Posted

the cost of the value pack for 30 days is less than a value meal to feed most of the fat asses who are complaining.. save a trip to fat burger and enjoy cheap entertainment

Maybe your fat ignorant ass should learn sometime not everyone lives in murica. In some other parts of the world people work to pay their bills and have little to spare. Not everyone was born as privileged rude prick.

6 people like this

Posted

Just because you can afford something doesn't mean that you should accept the pricing of all things around.

I'm confident enough that I'm richer than you TC but I know how to spend my money wisely.

Posted

it's not about having money to buy the stuff in their cash shop or pay for a subscription service, its about using that money wisely.

i don't think what they are charging for things is worth the service i'm getting. 

would you pay 20$ for someone to spit on your car's windshield, wipe it off with his sleeve and call it a car wash? or would you rather give that same 20$ to Steeve's CarWash Shop.

Same way I would rather give CCP or A-net my 15$/month instead of DAUM/PA

because i know what 15$ is worth to me

There is nothing in the Pearl Shop that you have to have to play this game.  If it's not worth the money to you just don't purchase anything.  That is your choice.

Posted

There is nothing in the Pearl Shop that you have to have to play this game.  If it's not worth the money to you just don't purchase anything.  That is your choice.

if you don't want to be at a disadvantage compared to your peers you do need to buy things from the shop.

when a game goes out of its way to inconvenience you force you to buy convenience items and then puts an insane markup on those items, not only does it not make me want to buy said item, but also not play the game. 

ive always said 

in order for a cash shop to be successfull it shouldn't make player buy items because they need to, but because they want to

1 person likes this