• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Not sure how i should build a tamer, LF some help

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, my current build is http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/7911 . Its good? should i leave surging tide on 1st lvl or should i max? What about flash, should i max it or leaving at 1st lvl is good enough?

Posted

Hello, I'm not an expert but I can tell you my opinion. For PvP I would max ST , the damage is awesome, flash is a good starter I have it max with pole thrust. If you are a PvP focused player reconsider to max the skill absorb heilang, that buff is great.

Good Luck :) 

Posted

max flash(including pole thrust) and surging, only 1 point in fearful trembling

Posted

max flash(including pole thrust) and surging, only 1 point in fearful trembling

While i would agree, trembling is pretty nice now with the awakening.

Posted

While i would agree, trembling is pretty nice now with the awakening.

dunno, still not worth maxing, also you'll not use it that often once we get our staff

Posted

dunno, still not worth maxing, also you'll not use it that often once we get our staff

It's actually used more often then surge and void, as raising it's rank lowers it's CD abeit 1s. The super armor and area of effect is still very nice in pvp.

Though awaken tamers excel at burst damage, and the DoT awakening of fearful isn't as great anymore, the devs really did make it quite tempting.

Posted

It's actually used more often then surge and void, as raising it's rank lowers it's CD abeit 1s. The super armor and area of effect is still very nice in pvp.

Though awaken tamers excel at burst damage, and the DoT awakening of fearful isn't as great anymore, the devs really did make it quite tempting.

you don't use surging at all anymore with awakening though, trembling is still used though, it's a good aoe stun, if it's worth the point investment to get the cd red? maybe, if you have them after taking everything else you need

right now I use surging as part of my burst combo, so it sees more use than trembling

Posted

you don't use surging at all anymore with awakening though, trembling is still used though, it's a good aoe stun, if it's worth the point investment to get the cd red? maybe, if you have them after taking everything else you need

right now I use surging as part of my burst combo, so it sees more use than trembling

surge is used a lot until 60. it's still your only range attack, as well as debuff and stiffen (off CD)

Posted (edited)

surge also is great at chunking people in pvp when its max ranked.

also for pve I can tremble before every pack of pirates and have 20% crit 30 ap vs mobs, every pack. 10s its always up when i need it, vs 15s.

Edited by Mtl
1 person likes this

Posted

wait fearful trembling give super armor?

Posted

Would not put any points into Whip

Max trample, BJ, Surging tide,and Heiling(not to sure since the nerf).

You should also get flow scatter stance and to get it you would need the flash skill tree, go ahead and max out Flash and Pole Thrust for extra damage.

The grapple is a move you will use a lot in PvP so putting points into it to inflict more damage is advisable.

keeping void at rank 3 for the ani-cancel is good to save point and also you don't really need the last Fearful Trembling I would just settle with the second to last to save points untell you get some left over to put into that skill.

Posted

Would not put any points into Whip

Max trample, BJ, Surging tide,and Heiling(not to sure since the nerf).

You should also get flow scatter stance and to get it you would need the flash skill tree, go ahead and max out Flash and Pole Thrust for extra damage.

The grapple is a move you will use a lot in PvP so putting points into it to inflict more damage is advisable.

keeping void at rank 3 for the ani-cancel is good to save point and also you don't really need the last Fearful Trembling I would just settle with the second to last to save points untell you get some left over to put into that skill.

I'd disagree strongly with the first point of advice here. I don't know what I would do without max rank Whiplash.

The rest, I generally agree with.

Posted

I'd disagree strongly with the first point of advice here. I don't know what I would do without max rank Whiplash.

The rest, I generally agree with.

i could remove whiplash and be fine with my playstyle. :D but for new players i recommend whiplash! 

Posted (edited)

whiplash is a pve skill, makes grind so much easier, about it.

A lot of it will generally be what awakening skills a tamer chooses.

Edited by Kuu

Posted (edited)

i main a 57 tamer and this is my current build http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/8624

8 points are missing due to the Skilled Hunter i have upto the 2nd one on that skill also and this calc doesnt show this skill. 

Also i went for Flash 10hp + 10mp, Jolt - 20AP + 10% Attk Speed, Trample - 20AP Acc +3% on awakend skills for now

Edited by Mattaus

Posted

wait fearful trembling give super armor?

I don't know how often this gets repeated, but all of the Tamer tooltips are wrong/incomplete. Yes it gives SA.

Posted

i don't understand what Flow Scatter Stance does. I am able to do flash- BJ without it

I have 772 SP atm i was wondering what be good build for max damage pve (mainly bosses)

and build for pvp.

Posted

well this is my latest updated build for my tamer in total i have 955 skill points i have Skilled Hunter also at the 2nd lvl and 2 skill points not spent

http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/9921

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0