• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Issue With Pet After Patch

70 posts in this topic

Posted

I have had an issue with my pet since the servers came back up after the patch and am wondering if anyone else is having this issue as well. My pet will only follow me around like a lost puppy and not attack anything. I can command him to attack mobs, but after a second or two he goes right back to following me, including when I am in combat. He just plain refuses to attack anything. I have tried switching through the different pet commands just to see if follow was stuck on, and even spammed attack on multiple mobs. Nothing has fixed it. Thanks for the feed back.

2 people like this

Posted

Yea, just got on for some grinding and find that Heilang is not doing anything :/ Black Desert D/C me kindly and when I logged back in Heilang was working again, yay!

Posted

Same for me must be a glitch

Posted

Same problem here.. so annoying. Relogging doesn't work for me

Posted

Same. It's pretty annoying that he just sits there. He used to tank for me, but now he's just wandering around unless you tell him to attack. He'll only attack for like 10 seconds then goes back being a lost puppy. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Same here. Heilang just stands next to me and do nothing.

Posted

Yep, Heliang use to aggro and tank mobs all around me as they respawned. This helped a lot especially with the annoying ass back attacks from ranged mobs respawning... now I get ass -----d while I am dealing with crowds of 15 purple mobs because Heliang won't attack anything UNLESS told to... that has also gotten me killed a few times because that animation to  tell Heliang to attack is stupid. That crap gets you damn killed.. You don't have time to stop even for a second when 15 mobs are trying to swing their axe and stun lock you at the same god damn time. No.. just no.

How hard can it be to fix Heliang seriously.. add a toggle command to be passive. Come the ----- on PA holy jesus christ almighty this is so sad... worst AI of pet in an MMO ever.

1 person likes this

Posted

Heilang is a coward.

Posted

@CM_Aethon can we get a revert on this last patch? the pet doesnt do anything even if 10 people are attacking you unless you pre-command it but thats incredibly annoying and also has an animation lock so its impractical

Posted

Hey guys, each time you summon heilang you should try to press the "Attack" command. For the first time that heilang listen to us, you blame the patch xD

Posted

While a revert on the patch is not something that can be done, I can try and get any ongoing issues resolved by collecting some information for an urgent bug fix.

From what I understand your issue is the pet will no longer attack automatically and/or potentially reset back to a passive state in the middle of combat. As this patch did modify the AI of the Heilang I need to ask a few questions in order to provide all the necessary details to report this:

1. Is the pet set to the "Attack" state? (some of the changes in this patch prevent the pet from engaging unless told to when not in this state)
  2. While set to attack does the pet stop in the middle of attacking the same NPC it was previous engaging? (ie: does it stop when a monster dies and not target a new one or does it actually stop mid combat)
  3. These changes below were applied last patch for the Heilang AI, if the pet is not following these rules please let us know via this thead.

4. Heilang will no longer attack first or counterattack when summoned for the 1st time.

5. Heilang will no longer attack first or counterattack while under the commands: Follow, Stay, or Sit.

6. Heilang will no longer use its combat skills when the Tamer uses their own skill while under the commands: Stay or Sit.

7. Heilang will attack first or counterattack during as normal while under the command: Attack.

Thanks for being patient guys and if there is indeed an issue I will push to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, each time you summon heilang you should try to press the "Attack" command. For the first time that heilang listen to us, you blame the patch xD

But he stops after a minute so you have to do it again, and again. And we're locked in place during the animation and it's very slow.

He also still fails to combo almost 50% of the time. Also when you do the attack command he's going to attack whatever after the initial target is dead. So he still run after critters. Saying he listen to us is false. He's worst than before.

If they wanted to give us commands for it they should really make them shouts first; instead of locked down animations. This is an action game after all. Not a theatrical turn based RPG. Or at least make the animation much faster. They should make Attack = Agressive, Follow = Defensive (only attack what's attacking us), Stay = Passive, Rest = Unchanged (passively laying down with the healing buff).

Commands should also make him stop whatever he's doing to change his mode right away. If he's attacking something and I do follow or stay. He should follow or stay immediately. Not after I eventually just cast void lighting a few time to make him teleport to me so I can properly command him.

Edited by Haishao
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Was Heilang being aggressive when spawned really an issue for anyone outside of RPers? I think the real issue was that he often doesn't attack whatever your main target(s) is(are). 

Edited by Wrathbelle
1 person likes this

Posted

I just feel like my Heilang feels more "retarded" and doesn't feel smooth at all. If you're summoning Heiland for the first time, his first instinct SHOULD be attacking. I absolutely hate it when I'm grinding mobs then Heilang disappeared on me. While I'm fighting the mob, I have to resummon him which takes time PLUS it takes a little bit longer to command him to attack in which I'm wasting precious seconds standing still while the mobs are beating down on me. It also takes up a hotkey slot when telling Heilang to attack. 

When setting Heilang to attack, it feels laggy. Heilang will take awhile before engaging the target. Then after beating down on a mob and onto the next, Heilang is like waiting for me to make a move first. And it's harder to mob up mobs since Heilang doesn't seem to be aggro the targets while telling him to attack. 

2 people like this

Posted

While a revert on the patch is not something that can be done, I can try and get any ongoing issues resolved by collecting some information for an urgent bug fix.

From what I understand your issue is the pet will no longer attack automatically and/or potentially reset back to a passive state in the middle of combat. As this patch did modify the AI of the Heilang I need to ask a few questions in order to provide all the necessary details to report this:

1. Is the pet set to the "Attack" state? (some of the changes in this patch prevent the pet from engaging unless told to when not in this state)
  2. While set to attack does the pet stop in the middle of attacking the same NPC it was previous engaging? (ie: does it stop when a monster dies and not target a new one or does it actually stop mid combat)
  3. These changes below were applied last patch for the Heilang AI, if the pet is not following these rules please let us know via this thead.

4. Heilang will no longer attack first or counterattack when summoned for the 1st time.

5. Heilang will no longer attack first or counterattack while under the commands: Follow, Stay, or Sit.

6. Heilang will no longer use its combat skills when the Tamer uses their own skill while under the commands: Stay or Sit.

7. Heilang will attack first or counterattack during as normal while under the command: Attack.

Thanks for being patient guys and if there is indeed an issue I will push to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Basically Heilang starts in "passive stance" upon summoning or resummoning mid combat.

The only thing he does is respond to "combo attacks" like void lightning, but besides that heilang will not engage enemies.

Unless we specifically switch to "Attack stance" but this requires a cast time and lockdown animation which is an annoyance. Particularly in the middle of combat when we need to resummon Heilang and THEN also set it to attack stance.. again.. Because by default he comes in passive mode instead.

What we are asking for is for Heilang to be Summoned in Attack stance by default rather than in Passive (Follow) stance to avoid this huge annoyance.

1 person likes this

Posted

Basically Heilang starts in "passive stance" upon summoning or resummoning mid combat.

The only thing he does is respond to "combo attacks" like void lightning, but besides that heilang will not engage enemies.

Unless we specifically switch to "Attack stance" but this requires a cast time and lockdown animation which is an annoyance. Particularly in the middle of combat when we need to resummon Heilang and THEN also set it to attack stance.. again.. Because by default he comes in passive mode instead.

What we are asking for is for Heilang to be Summoned in Attack stance by default rather than in Passive (Follow) stance to avoid this huge annoyance.

I can see how that could be troublesome after some time, I will go ahead and include this as a suggested solution.

8 people like this

Posted

I can see how that could be troublesome after some time, I will go ahead and include this as a suggested solution.

This would definitely be an okay solution to the problem. However, I'm also experiencing erratic behaviour in and out of combat. Random resets during grinding and PvP, completely disappearing at times especially when auto running; it simply just disappears and reappears when I stop moving. He also seems far less aggressive in combat than he did previously. Hope these issues will be addressed soon. 

2 people like this

Posted

important is that it's not only an annoyance, it's actually really dangerous for us if we are fighting in pvp, that half a second to command him can kill us

Posted

Mine is the same does not attack at all even to defend me - used to be able to skin while he defended - now he stands there & lets me take a beating - it is like I am there alone like all my other 6 classes. PLEASE address this - this is my main...and favorite class, until now :(

1 person likes this

Posted

its dependant on server load so sometimes can get hard to reproduce, on some channels/hours/zone heilang is more responsive to commands, on other it totally ignores you or stop attacking after server situation changes

1 person likes this

Posted

Please, do :)
There are some other issues with heilang but it seems erratic and very difficult to reproduce... can be linked to server overload. But at first, having our defender summoned directly in an agressive stance is totally needed right now, please :)

Posted

Also my beef with the Pet is that you never really know how long you have left on your pet until it decided to just randomly despawn and needs recasting, we dont even have a buff icon or any visual thing to say how long is left on our pet, so having it despawn while pulling like 10 mobs and he disappears and needs recasting, it is just a pain having the no indication on duration left on pet, casting animation of pet and now the pet being in follow once summoned.

With the only thing that allows tamers to recast a pet without putting it actually on cooldown is put points in (Absorb Heilang) i think a good suggestion is to maybe add some visual aid to show remaining time left till pets despawn im sure its not too hard to add this feature as many times since this last patch ive been in the middle of alot of mobs and having my pet just desummon and be in follow after being recasted.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

---- One issue is the fact that the pet command stuck your character for a second or so. If you at least could use thoses command while moving, it would already be way better ( like just a "voice" command, so just the text bubble, but without any animation )

Actualy, it is VERY annoying when you are into a battle and need a quick heilang spawn for assist. Even tho, personaly, i think isnt that bad to have him spawn in "passive state"

Maybe :

• A "option" could be set to choose in what state you want to spawn heilang
  • Or set the AI in "defense mode" instead of 100% passive, Like attack mob that is attacking you, until you set the attack mode.
  • Or automaticaly set attack mode once you attack a mob, and / or / not, set back the "defence" mode once your(s) target(s) are dead

---- Once you set the attack mode after summon, the pet still attack by itself, but !

• He has like a 1-2sec delay before choosing a target, unlike before where it was instant
  • The heilang pet aggro range is VERY small, i just made a try around velia, and i needed to get at 1-2m from a mob to see him choose a target ( even tho, it can be a not that bad thing )

---- When using surging tide, Heilang use a "cc skill", but the target selection is pretty... random if your initial target is already dead.

Tried that few time, and it was selecting a target at like 10m + instead of selecting the closest target

---- I personaly barely see any improovement with the heilang spawn cast speed increase tho.

that's personaly the issue i've noticed.

Edited by woots
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Heres the major problem i'm having with him:

- Dosen't use teleport skill anymore.
- If Stay is used, he will stay at this location forever, even if I walk way out of his range
- Dosen't attack when I attack. (He used to switch target automatically and attack as I go)
- Dosen't attack mobs when I use a skill
- Dosen't combo with me (I use Q void and he simply stands there)
- When I start to attack , he does his atk mode animation then nothing
- If I'm being attacked, he just watch me die

** Does absolutely nothing , if he does attack he will stop randomly and proceed to walk next to me forever **

Basically he's a kitty now.

Edit : I'm on server Mediah E1 atm.

Edited by Mariester
Added server where I'm.
2 people like this

Posted

- Dosen't combo with me (I use Q void and he simply stands there)

this is an issue i've noticed since a while, it didnt came up with that patch.

But its indeed something annoying.