• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Issue With Pet After Patch

70 posts in this topic

Posted

while I am dealing with crowds of 15 purple mobs 

Found the problem. Deal with less mobs, like the other classes ;)

Posted

Found the problem. Deal with less mobs, like the other classes ;)

why we should castrate our class?

Posted

why we should castrate our class?

Why are other classes castraded with nerfs then? Kind of a stupid question you put there....

Posted

any less stupid than whining because your class dont have a pet so cant pull more mobs?

Posted (edited)

I can see how that could be troublesome after some time, I will go ahead and include this as a suggested solution.

That would be perfect as this new system seems like a step backwards rather then a step forwards. I would rather have kept the longer cast time then have to keep telling him to do what I summoned him for in the first place! (aka attack.) This new setup is not only confusing for new and old players but a huge annoyance. We summon our pet to fight, not for roleplay.

If they really want to improve the AI then all commands need to be instant cast, aka no animation/root just like in other MMO's. The minute you start to root the player in place it becomes not worth casting in combat. Command follow I won't use because of that. I can use and cancel void lightning in a fraction of the time it takes me to tell heilang to follow, or I can just run so far away that he'll default to me anyway. The only use I've found for command sit is screenshots. Command stay I only use to mount up and there was an issue before where he would decide to attack something after I told him to stay so then I couldn't mount up. 

Whilst I personally think that aggressive stance is the obvious and superior choice, there was clearly some reason they thought we needed Heilang to default to passive :S. My compromise would be to create a new default stance called defensive. Many will know this from other MMO's, it's where the pet only attacks when its master attacks something or reacts to damage it or the master takes, whichever comes first. This creates a passive stance until combat is initiated by either the player or enemy, without the need for messing around with commands. I think a stance like this was implemented in another MMO to stop pet classes afk farming. I wouldn't say its actually needed here since Heilangs damage is so low I don't think he could effectively farm anything useful, however this is still just a suggestion if they really don't want him to default to aggressive.

Ultimately AI pets have a pretty bad reputation in gaming, so making Heilang more convenient rather then less, should be a number one priority. 

P.S Lastly before I forget, please please please suggest resetting the cool-down on summon Heilang when the player dies. This is not the first time this has been brought up. He is an integral part of the tamer kit and any down time on him during red battlefield, node wars etc etc feels like an un-necessary punishment and in-convenience. 

P.P.S Remove the Heilang de-summon when touching water. Its a dated mechanic (if it ever was a mechanic, since I can only remember mounts de-summoning in water from other games.) It makes certain spots around the world difficult to farm in or difficult for node wars. With naval combat on the horizon it sounds like water will become an even bigger part of the game and thus this mechanic even more of an un-necessary annoyance. Particularly since summon Heilang has a cooldown. 

Edited by Shynxie
3 people like this

Posted

Nothing to do with the patch, but would be nice to be able auto run / auto path when ridding heilang -_-

I dont see any valid reason to forbid that

Posted

I recorded Heilang stopping to attack yesterday. He never did this before the patch since he was actually aggressive. When he teleported to us like that, he'd just run back after his target instantly. Now it takes several seconds before he does anything.

3 people like this

Posted

Unless you're roleplaying or something, you usually don't summon Heilang unless you need him to attack something, so most of the time you'd want him in an aggressive state when you call him. It's better to summon him aggressive and take the half second to "stay" in a quiet situation where nobody is attacking you, rather than taking that half second in the middle of combat when he's summoned as passive. The summoning animation in itself is already long. I agree with those talking about voice commands, but I doubt they'd make that drastic changes. Tamer is a more fast paced playstyle, so commands said by the tamer while attacking would make sense.

One thing that's not related to this issue that's been bothering me is Heilang's summoning cooldown not reseting on death. If you summon him in rbg, then die, you still have to wait 2 minutes to summon him again when respawning. Same goes for arena duels. I don't know if anything's been said about why that is, whether there's a good reason for it. But if that could be fixed, it would be very noticeably positive.

Posted (edited)

• i would make the "Stance setting" persistent, like make somewhere a radio buttons with stances and let as switch the radio buttons with our skills
  • the problem with passive stance is the heilang won't counterattack, i say leave the passive as it is, but add defense stance which would act same as passive but with counterattack enabled
  • heilang's damage supposed to go UP after the patch, why does he deal zero dmg ?

and now some issues not related to the patch

• let him survive at least a bit of water, i mean despawning at fogans is quite ridiculous
  • the "summon heilang" cooldown should reset after tamer's death
Edited by Geobryn

Posted

Why are other classes castraded with nerfs then? Kind of a stupid question you put there....

What you call "nerf" others call "balance".  This is a bug however.

Has anyone else had the issue where Heilang stops moving all together.  Several times during grinding he now takes up a stationary position, while still able to aggro the mobs around him, he just sits there even if I do Void Lightning as if to recall him, he doesn't move.

Posted

That would be perfect as this new system seems like a step backwards rather then a step forwards. I would rather have kept the longer cast time then have to keep telling him to do what I summoned him for in the first place! (aka attack.) This new setup is not only confusing for new and old players but a huge annoyance. We summon our pet to fight, not for roleplay.

If they really want to improve the AI then all commands need to be instant cast, aka no animation/root just like in other MMO's. The minute you start to root the player in place it becomes not worth casting in combat. Command follow I won't use because of that. I can use and cancel void lightning in a fraction of the time it takes me to tell heilang to follow, or I can just run so far away that he'll default to me anyway. The only use I've found for command sit is screenshots. Command stay I only use to mount up and there was an issue before where he would decide to attack something after I told him to stay so then I couldn't mount up. 

Whilst I personally think that aggressive stance is the obvious and superior choice, there was clearly some reason they thought we needed Heilang to default to passive :S. My compromise would be to create a new default stance called defensive. Many will know this from other MMO's, it's where the pet only attacks when its master attacks something or reacts to damage it or the master takes, whichever comes first. This creates a passive stance until combat is initiated by either the player or enemy, without the need for messing around with commands. I think a stance like this was implemented in another MMO to stop pet classes afk farming. I wouldn't say its actually needed here since Heilangs damage is so low I don't think he could effectively farm anything useful, however this is still just a suggestion if they really don't want him to default to aggressive.

Ultimately AI pets have a pretty bad reputation in gaming, so making Heilang more convenient rather then less, should be a number one priority. 

P.S Lastly before I forget, please please please suggest resetting the cool-down on summon Heilang when the player dies. This is not the first time this has been brought up. He is an integral part of the tamer kit and any down time on him during red battlefield, node wars etc etc feels like an un-necessary punishment and in-convenience. 

P.P.S Remove the Heilang de-summon when touching water. Its a dated mechanic (if it ever was a mechanic, since I can only remember mounts de-summoning in water from other games.) It makes certain spots around the world difficult to farm in or difficult for node wars. With naval combat on the horizon it sounds like water will become an even bigger part of the game and thus this mechanic even more of an un-necessary annoyance. Particularly since summon Heilang has a cooldown. 

I agree 100% to everything you have just said, but I would like to add one more thing.

Please PA/Daum make it to where if you un-summon Heilang you don't get a 2 minute cool down. This is completely pointless.

The cooldown in general is pointless.

Heilang is half the tamer class, and not only is our AP and CC cut when he is not out but we also don't even have a passive skill tree like other classes do.

So why would you put any limitation on having him out.

Posted

The Ai is definitely a step backwards in performance.

Its like his attention timer got snuffed.  Also,I think some of the issue with him ceasing to attack may have to do with his default passive state. When he resets/teleports, he doesn't always acquire targets quickly.

I think if we can just up his aggression level back to or above the previous amount, we'll be great and ahead.

I'm a rper and pvper and I would much rather have him start attacking wildly upon summoning than anything else.  Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't.

Posted

I am having the same issues with my Heilang not attacking. I have also been seeing a lot more of it not rendering except for the eyes. It will be completely invisible outside of two red dots.

Posted

Just to reiterate what some other posters have said in the hopes of a fix for Heiling:

1) Wading through ankle deep water will now despawn Heiling. He used to stay spawned unless you were physically swimming in deep water.

This issue during farming mobs has highlighted how ridiculous the 2 minute cooldown timer really is. What other class has a core skill with a 2 minute cooldown?

2) When Heiling is in "attack" stance during PVE, once a specific mob he targeted is dead he does not continue to fight other mobs unless you are actively fighting them. One of the main reasons my tamer has all my life skills, is because Heiling would fight off annoying mobs while I did gathering activities. (Pro gathering outfit does not stop player from getting aggro, which is probably a separate bug in itself.) However, now I can have a pack of 10 spiders actively attacking me while I skin a lizard and Heiling just stands there. He should absolutely autoattack anything or anyone that attacks the player without a stupid button press being necessary.

Posted

any less stupid than whining because your class dont have a pet so cant pull more mobs?

It is the tamers hallmark.   We are a pet class.   If we don't have a responsive pet, we are absolutely the weakest class and most useless.   If you were a tamer you would know this, so why are you even posting here?  My pet is also not attacking or aggressive.  Not whining btw just reporting.  I noticed it immediately and it is a huge difference for us.  I too think that it would be good to have him spawn in aggressive mode at least until you guys can check him out and maybe fix him better. 

Posted

It is the tamers hallmark.   We are a pet class.   If we don't have a responsive pet, we are absolutely the weakest class and most useless.   If you were a tamer you would know this, so why are you even posting here?  My pet is also not attacking or aggressive.  Not whining btw just reporting.  I noticed it immediately and it is a huge difference for us.  I too think that it would be good to have him spawn in aggressive mode at least until you guys can check him out and maybe fix him better. 

Chun-Chun plays sorcerer and if you read her messages she's always on other classes subforum whining about sorcerer nerfs, wasnt here to help, just to annoy and try to get attention to sorcerers.

Posted

Bump for shared annoyance 

Posted

at least it's good to ear that it's a bug ... someone told that was done on purpose.

Posted

I was grinding at Crescent Shrine and the wolf would randomly lose agro and stand still. While I ran in circles waiting for void lightning CD to wear off to keep my self from dying. After being able to use void lightning again off CD which did little to no damage the wolf AI was still stationary doing nothing but drawing in more mobs. I was a Tamer main since day one but after this patch I am losing any interest I had left for the class. Until the terrible AI is addressed or awaken weapons release I will just stick to Kunoichi.

th[4].jpg

Posted

The Q skill doesnt work for me (void). I can hold it and keep spamming it and Heilang be like ' Ya i aint doing that'

Thanks for not listening to me and not letting me use best AOE stun dammit.

1 person likes this

Posted

Really

pissed just had a Node war today and guess what I was doing every 3 mins, telling my useless pet to attack because if he isn't in attack mode he wont stun during Void. He doesn't spawn in attack mode, if you ride him and get off he isn't in attack mode and if you get a little bit away from him he goes out of attack mode. Every time I have to cast the attack order guess what I'm perfectly still just waiting to get bent over, so its either runaway every 3-5 minutes when my pet stops attack (and I usually find this out in the middle of Void and wondering why is nothing getting stunned) and hope that he stays in attack mode as I go back or stand still in the middle of a enemy group and hope not to die.

Thx guys for making the class fun I'll wait another 2 months after this for the next Good Idea Fairy to bestow our class with another revamp.

Posted

I was grinding at Crescent Shrine and the wolf would randomly lose agro and stand still. While I ran in circles waiting for void lightning CD to wear off to keep my self from dying. After being able to use void lightning again off CD which did little to no damage the wolf AI was still stationary doing nothing but drawing in more mobs. I was a Tamer main since day one but after this patch I am losing any interest I had left for the class. Until the terrible AI is addressed or awaken weapons release I will just stick to Kunoichi.

th[4].jpg

he is not doing any dmg, why would you have him in attack ? you actually want the pet be in passive while grinding, as he wont run away like an idiot and draw mobs away from you

at crescent there is only one mob doing dmg anyway and only if he knocks you down, the guardian, just get some topaz neck and knockdown crystal in boots as the resist cap of 60% does not apply for PVE meaning you can go for 100%

... my useless pet to attack because if he isn't in attack mode he wont stun during Void....

he does void stun in passive mode ...i use it all the time while grinding

Posted

I have no problems with Heilang. Every times i summon i give him the command to attack and it does always attack/special attack

Posted

When will we see an update on a possible fix - in PVP/PVE  seconds count & having to respawn a pet who gives NO WARNING, & has NO TIMER UP when he despawns, then you have to resummon & send attack command, wait for his attack animation to finish before he even targets your enemy combatant...well, by then you are dead or running for cover if they had the advantage going. Don't make a class with a pet that aggros/cc for you, (at least in PVE), then have him summon in a passive state in the midst of combat.  Please give us a fix or at least an update.

IDC if there is an option to say beforehand WHAT STATE he spawns in, that would be good. But if NO OPTION is to be offered please make it the default attack stance because I,  (for one), only spawn Heilang before combat, & need him ready to roll in let's git 'er done mode. Thank you.