• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Issue With Pet After Patch

70 posts in this topic

Posted

His damage does not seem to have been buffed at all. In fact he seems to hit worse than before now. He never attacks things unless told to 100 times, this is annoying when grinding and a killer in PvP when someone attacks you from nowhere. "Oh yes, please give me a moment to tell my pet to attack you." Nevermind that even before he did not combo with your skills half the time. It is nice he lasts more than two seconds now, but his dmg is poor and what little dmg he can do doesnt happen because of this change to his AI. 

His cd should reset on tamer death, or preferably be removed altogether. He is a core part of our class, time without him we cannot function properly. Given that our own cc is so unreliable at times.

These I cannot confirm but are my own experience. I have done some testing in arena too see and it is always like this. The flow water slice skill does not activate, ever. Our i frame hop never seems to work for me... I can perfectly time the hop and I can still get hit. Yet on my kuno her dodge works fine. Add to that the rate she goes through mana and stamina, she does not have the greatest burst and her mobility is so lackluster a warrior can outrun me easily, and they are supposed to be tanks. A hit and run class....that cant catch who they try to kill, fabulous. 

qqing aside I really like the class and it is very frustrating to see it in such a state. You almost never see anything about the tamer in the general forum. Whilst sorc is mentioned on a daily basis lately. Classes such as tamer and valk (I never see any mention of them in general either) need looked at just as much as others. Not just classes who's players qq the hardest.

I would really like to see heilangs AI fixed and his damage actually improved as well as buffing the tamers damage or mobility a bit...or even just make our cc more reliable. Since as it stands at the moment she is ok at everything but master of nothing.

Posted

While a revert on the patch is not something that can be done, I can try and get any ongoing issues resolved by collecting some information for an urgent bug fix.

From what I understand your issue is the pet will no longer attack automatically and/or potentially reset back to a passive state in the middle of combat. As this patch did modify the AI of the Heilang I need to ask a few questions in order to provide all the necessary details to report this:

1. Is the pet set to the "Attack" state? (some of the changes in this patch prevent the pet from engaging unless told to when not in this state)
  2. While set to attack does the pet stop in the middle of attacking the same NPC it was previous engaging? (ie: does it stop when a monster dies and not target a new one or does it actually stop mid combat)
  3. These changes below were applied last patch for the Heilang AI, if the pet is not following these rules please let us know via this thead.

4. Heilang will no longer attack first or counterattack when summoned for the 1st time.

5. Heilang will no longer attack first or counterattack while under the commands: Follow, Stay, or Sit.

6. Heilang will no longer use its combat skills when the Tamer uses their own skill while under the commands: Stay or Sit.

7. Heilang will attack first or counterattack during as normal while under the command: Attack.

Thanks for being patient guys and if there is indeed an issue I will push to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Can we have the Summon as a toggle.. e.g. NOT having to resummon in the middle of a fight, just because duration is up? 

Or at least a better cue, like, say an audio cue when Heilang desummons? 

Posted

I made "further" test.

With that new update there is a huge issue with surging tide  Even if i attack apack of mob, when i cast surging tide, either heilang dont do his "CC skill" either he target a mob far away from the mob pack i'am attacking.

He doesnt even target the same target as me...

Before the patch it was working great, now its totaly broken

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

While a revert on the patch is not something that can be done, I can try and get any ongoing issues resolved by collecting some information for an urgent bug fix.

From what I understand your issue is the pet will no longer attack automatically and/or potentially reset back to a passive state in the middle of combat. As this patch did modify the AI of the Heilang I need to ask a few questions in order to provide all the necessary details to report this:

1. Is the pet set to the "Attack" state? (some of the changes in this patch prevent the pet from engaging unless told to when not in this state)
  2. While set to attack does the pet stop in the middle of attacking the same NPC it was previous engaging? (ie: does it stop when a monster dies and not target a new one or does it actually stop mid combat)
  3. These changes below were applied last patch for the Heilang AI, if the pet is not following these rules please let us know via this thead.

4. Heilang will no longer attack first or counterattack when summoned for the 1st time.

5. Heilang will no longer attack first or counterattack while under the commands: Follow, Stay, or Sit.

6. Heilang will no longer use its combat skills when the Tamer uses their own skill while under the commands: Stay or Sit.

7. Heilang will attack first or counterattack during as normal while under the command: Attack.

Thanks for being patient guys and if there is indeed an issue I will push to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

I have been using  my commands more in PvE at cadrys (which ive been getting steam-rolled a couple times, and figuring out why because Heilang is just staring at me), I have used the attack function, he attacks for 10s, and then goes back to following me. In PvP when using void he doesn't teleport to me, or use void. Just follows me around, and watches me die. u_u

Also from Valk: His cd should reset on tamer death, You know how annoying and frustrating it is in Node wars? GM: Okay guys we are going back in for another big push. Me: Sorry I have to wait 1m because Heilang is on CD. or when you're being spawn camped and everyone else can actively PvP on spawn, but you feel half as strong because Heilang is on CD. Or when I am asked to run in and die and re-spawn at our planted re-spawn location, and I can't because I just died a couple minutes ago, and well Heiling is on CD.

Edited by Bellona

Posted

At Catfish heilang stops ataking at  low water and disapears.

I didn't dislike heilang previous behavior, exept of not ataking same target as me on pve and the constant teleports wile traveling .either by horse or on foot.

Posted

They're willing to make this game completely p2w while not even bothering to address Tamer pet issues lmfao. And I cannot believe I overlooked this doozy of an issue, if Heilang runs into a puddle he de-spawns. Surely there could be greater leniency on this "feature".

Posted

I have had an issue with my pet since the servers came back up after the patch and am wondering if anyone else is having this issue as well. My pet will only follow me around like a lost puppy and not attack anything. I can command him to attack mobs, but after a second or two he goes right back to following me, including when I am in combat. He just plain refuses to attack anything. I have tried switching through the different pet commands just to see if follow was stuck on, and even spammed attack on multiple mobs. Nothing has fixed it. Thanks for the feed back.

bump

@CM_Aethon this still needs a fix 

Posted

I just did some combat after a long fishing binge and Heilang wont attack AT ALL. It doesn't matter how many times I re-summon him, tell him to stay, follow, attack - nothing. If I put him in attack he just sits there. He wont even follow me around. My second heilang will spawn when doing skills like LBP, but that's it. 

This isincredibly frustrating. I can't believe there is still no response. 

To answer @CM_Aethon's questions:

1. Is the pet set to the "Attack" state? (some of the changes in this patch prevent the pet from engaging unless told to when not in this state): Yes, I have even tried switching him in and out of attack mode, and re-summoning. Nothing works.
  2. While set to attack does the pet stop in the middle of attacking the same NPC it was previous engaging? (ie: does it stop when a monster dies and not target a new one or does it actually stop mid combat) He wont attack anything. Ever. As soon as I tell him to attack he just stops and does nothing. He wont even follow me.

Posted

What is this SET to attack STATE?

How can you even set the state on heilang???

As far as I know, we only got an icon/skill to let him attack a particular opponent, to sit, to stay and to follow.

But those are not states....

Posted

now they are.

Posted

now they are.

Nope, the attack button is still not a state, but an attack target button.

So please explain me how to get heilang in attack state, without telling him to attack 1 specific target.

Posted

sorry but maybe you didnt use it at all, when you select your "attack" command heilang stop being passive and start attacking _ANY_ potential target in range, not what you are pointing at and will continue to attack any potential target in range without returning to its passive state (till channel lag will make it forget its state but that's another issue).

that's the description of a "state" command, not an "attack my target" command

Posted

There is a issue after this patch. I don't care that the tamer pet spawns passive but once you set him to attack state he kills one enemy and then he goes to passive again. If this is the intended result after the patch, then the heilang skills a useless skill. To me it seems like the heilang bugs out and stops attacking after a while even tho it's set to attack state.

1 person likes this

Posted

There is a issue after this patch. I don't care that the tamer pet spawns passive but once you set him to attack state he kills one enemy and then he goes to passive again. If this is the intended result after the patch, then the heilang skills a useless skill. To me it seems like the heilang bugs out and stops attacking after a while even tho it's set to attack state.

^ THIS! Fix it plz.....

Posted

Has the tamer pet issue gotten better or worse since the awakening patch? I mained one for brief bit in prep for kuno, and then tried pre-awakening, but the pet being unresponsive to mobs and being more of an annoyance just made me not want to even attempt to work with it. Did they at least fix the aggro table?

Posted

Please fix the tamer :,(

Posted

I can see how that could be troublesome after some time, I will go ahead and include this as a suggested solution.

Also make the Jolt Bolt animation back to its normal state as we had before the patch, its slow as hell now.

Posted

Had been playing my kuno until recently. Seems im not the only one heilang dosent do anything anymore for. Dosent matter if i tell him to attack  he just stands there. and seems it has been this way for awhile now.

Posted

After a bit of testing i got an intresting result. the pet does use its combo skill the first time i summon him and set him to attack. After he used the skill and starts to melee attack the target, he will never use a combo skill with me again. i just use my void lightning without any result on my heilang.

The same goes for every combo skill so far.

Posted

After a bit of testing i got an intresting result. the pet does use its combo skill the first time i summon him and set him to attack. After he used the skill and starts to melee attack the target, he will never use a combo skill with me again. i just use my void lightning without any result on my heilang.

The same goes for every combo skill so far.

This issue was from several months ago, almost a year now.  Are you sure?  Because I haven't been having issues with Heilang much as of late.  Sure, sometimes he doesn't hop on for Void Lighting, but that's very rare, and usually because he's doing trample or something at the time.