• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What do you think should happen with the Value Pack?

Value Pack poll   1,142 votes

1. 1. What should happen with the Value Pack?

• Remove it entirely.
    • Keep it, but remove marketplace tax reduction bonus.
    • Keep it as is.
    • I don't care either way.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

121 posts in this topic

Posted

I know we've already got plenty topics on this subject, but I thought it would be interesting to get a count for how many people think this is a real issue, and how many people think differently. So here's a quick poll about what you think should be done with the value pack? Remove it? Keep as is? Keep it but remove tax cut? Or do you simply not care?

As for my opinion, I personally think it's fine as is. Grinding and selling loot (which most people sell via special deals which already has 0% tax) is by far the most effective way of earning money, so increasing income for people who sell on marketplace by roughly 20% is something I don't think is a huge deal. And I think it's neat having some of the other bonuses available at a discount than getting them separately (I'm thinking primarily about the merv's palette and beauty salon bonuses, which is what I'd get the value pack for). That said, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing the tax reduction bonus go away, but I would be disappointed to see the value pack get removed entirely.

2 people like this

Posted

I like everything but tax reduction bonus. It will cause crafted items profit margins to increase by up to 200-300% for major items. The 20% bonus is fine for sold weapons but I'm not ok with it changing the crafting economy 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I honestly dont give a shit about the tax reduction the pack is worth buying for the merv pallet and beauty editor alone. 

Edited by Rahavan
14 people like this

Posted

If they removed the tax reduction and dropped the price by 200-300 I would buy it every month.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I like the pack outside of the marketplace tax. Although that mostly stems from the fact that I really don't sell all that much to the marketplace so it's a minor bonus to me. That and it does cross a line where you're trading real life money for in-game currency, (although I guess the same could be said of weight increases and inventory slots).

For me personally I'd just like them to remove the marketplace tax and replace it with a 30 day Cliff Skill Add-on Guide. That way the marketplace tax anger can finally die and every cash shop item in the game that has a monthly timer is available in one package. I'd much rather save the $7 per month additional sub of the Cliff Skill Guide than make extra silver off the marketplace. Gaining silver is just a matter of time, being free to swap out all awakening skill effects and have PvE and PvP loadouts without mem frags is incredibly useful.

Edited by Exploding Acorn
4 people like this

Posted

give em a week and the crying will die down~ just like every patch :)

5 people like this

Posted

give em a week and the crying will die down~ just like every patch :)

Yes because people will quit playing or not give a f-ck and stop supporting daum. Or y know, u could also fix the 30% tax and keep your community happy instead for once.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes because people will quit playing or not give a f-ck and stop supporting daum. Or y know, u could also fix the 30% tax and keep your community happy instead for once.

people will quit playing? PUHAHAHAHA are you new here? thats what people said after the first week the game launched in NA! pfftttt i am sorry~ thank you for making me laugh out loud at work :D

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Fine with it, not bad at all

Edited by Ravare

Posted

Keep it.   There will be something else to complain about next week.

1 person likes this

Posted

i agree... we should just perma ban all those QQing crybabies on the forums and BDO would be a much better place~ :x

Yes please remove all the people who voice their opinion thanks. I agree with you.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i agree... we should just perma ban all those QQing crybabies on the forums and BDO would be a much better place~ :x

If history in other mmos is anything to go by.

Look at Archeage before p2win and look at Archeage after p2win.

The population dropped drastically, the quality of the game dropped drastically.

If this is what you want, then by all means, you eat whatever you want to eat.

But sure, you'll see crying dying down.

Edited by Mish
3 people like this

Posted

Yes please remove all the people who voice their opinion thanks. I agree with you.

ohhh sorry honey, out of likes for today~ :x

The population dropped drastically, the quality of the game dropped drastically.

cool :)

Posted

Which part of the community are you purporting that they keep happy? Would that be the part of the community that isn't paying for value packs, or the part of the community that is? Judging by the numbers on the poll so far, there's a sizable part of the community that likes the value packs just the way they are. 

Posted (edited)

Reduce/delete the marketprice tax thing. Then make the dyes from merv´s palette permanent. That way you remove one advantage, and still get one sustaining advantage.

Edited by Zycrus

Posted

Another one?  You guys are worse than when dyes went to market. 

sWiS2.gif

cosby460_jpg_pagespeed_ic__0nhNV3YkYl.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

If you take away the tax deductible (which you should at least) you have to reduce the amount of pearls for it substantially.

Personally, this was something that wasn't supposed to come to the game at all, so I don't think players should be given yet another advantage over players who (paid for the game already) don't want to pay for a subscription to stay economically competitive.

Posted

The only reason I want them to keep the tax reduction is to piss off crappy p2w criers.

Hopefully even make a few quit so they can go cry to all their friends about how p2w this game is.

Ain't no Wizards got time for that.

2 people like this

Posted

The only reason I want them to keep the tax reduction is to piss off crappy p2w criers.

Hopefully even make a few quit so they can go cry to all their friends about how p2w this game is.

Ain't no Wizards got time for that.

You're the one crying. Everyone else is trying to discuss a problem and bring it to the attention of the devs - something every successful gaming community does.

Posted

You're the one crying. Everyone else is trying to discuss a problem and bring it to the attention of the devs - something every successful gaming community does.

Most people who bring up the term "p2w" to a developer should probably be smacked in the face.
If you honestly can't root the term pay to win to something definitive and continue to append these bullshit home based meth definitions to it, no, you're not helping shit.

If anything you're confusing.

Source- Developer.
CIOS/CatOS.

1 person likes this

Posted

You're the one crying. 

Think you missed something.

War.thumb.jpg.ffd7ba41c7e7131f9922e942cc

Posted (edited)

Most people who bring up the term "p2w" to a developer should probably be smacked in the face.If you honestly can't root the term pay to win to something definitive and continue to append these bullshit home based meth definitions to it, no, you're not helping shit.
If anything you're confusing.

Source- Developer.
CIOS/CatOS.

Aren't there enough threads explaining what's wrong with it to just ignore the nitpicking on the definition of p2w and focus on understanding what users want?

It could be called, I don't know, some random thought... "Invest in success" instead of p2w, and there's still obviously something people want to discuss about it.

Edited by zhagsten
1 person likes this

Posted

This is pathetic, I doubt 99% of these people work the market enough to even reasonably notice this change. Unless you're working with an Empire and do nothing in this game but work the market and make money, you are not going to even notice this crap. This is just another thing for kids to cry about. If you don't like it just do us all a favor and either shut up and deal with it, or leave. The rest of us really don't care.

4 people like this

Posted

The problem with your argument is that the Value Pack is not more P2W than anything else that was in the cash shop from day 1.  I mean, even some of the dyes can be sold in game for silver! So it's always been P2W really, if you think the Value Pack is.

Posted (edited)

Think you missed something.

War.thumb.jpg.ffd7ba41c7e7131f9922e942cc

10/10.

Aren't there enough threads explaining what's wrong with it to just ignore the nitpicking on the definition of p2w and focus on understanding what users want?

It could be called, I don't know, some random thought... "Invest in success" instead of p2w, and there's still obviously something people want to discuss about it.

Nope. If we stop caring about the shit we blurt, it leaves more room for companies/others/etc to take advantage of what we say. Been an activist for too many years yung blood. I know this better than I know a map of my own ass.
Besides, why should someone have to break their back to understand what you want. if YOU WANT IT you should be busting YOUR ass. I can see why y'all are so upset about cash shop prices man. Y'all clearly don't know how to work for what you want. smmfh.

----- me man.

But you're right. There are some people who want to discuss about it. A lot of the people who actually bring something to the table, are out doing research on what they want to bring to the table right now. As opposed to sitting up on the forums -----ing about what they THINK is -----ing the game up.

NO ONE THUS FAR has responded in practice of what they think is wrong. Not on the forums at least. We, in my guild of players that aren't trash, talk about it every night since the patch. What we do and don't like, and share our tests that we've completed with and without the pack.

Where is that information at? 
Why should any developer respect your wishes if they are full of shit and devoid of information lmao. w h a t.

This is a perfect example of what I mean bro:
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/103835-daums-response-on-value-pack-in-french-forum/&do=findComment&comment=1388590

Edited by War

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0