• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Value Pack Discussions

1,111 posts in this topic

Posted

Thank you for the link, I believe you misunderstood the original message.  When I refereed to a subscription in that post I meant a price you had to pay to play the game, which this is not.  Unless you are trying to suggest the value pack should be required to login.

Regardless, please keep your comments in this thread on topic.

It may not be required to Log in but it is required if you want to stay competative. Daum not calling it a subscribtion is just sugar coating. Items like the Value pack render the game subscribtion based which violates the consumers' right to know what his money buy, and since there are thousands of posts from the staff in this very forum who insisted the game will not lose it's buy to play character up untill recently, daum and perl abyss should be  investigated by the consumers department of the european comission for deceptive/false advertisement.

2 people like this

Posted

Solution: Give players a way to get the backpack of 30 days within the game (no cash shop). As they do in ArcheaAge. They force you to have pattern to be competitive, but allow you a way to get into the game too.

Posted

Clever! can you tell me then why you buy 20 of them when is "no such big deal" and why you will want refund if they removed it? You say you payd for something and you got something different. I will tell you that i buy the game as B2P and only cosmetic cash shop. I want refund for all my money i gave for this game like you said " i payd for something and got something different.!)"

u are right if u dont like what they did u should totaly have the rights for refunds since the game changed its core from "we dont offer subs..." (something like thet they used to promote the game)

Posted (edited)

The packs is great. i dont get why people are complaining so much about the market tax, its so easy to make money in this game as it is. the market tax just makes people who dont care about cosmetics want to buy it as well..  

if anything make the value pack 30 days offered at 3000 loyalty have 1 days for 300 or something.

or increase the amount of loyalty we get each day or have a consectuive login for loyalty. or add a market tax buff as a loyalty and pearl purchase in function, so people stop crying about it.. only reason people are hating is because they dont want a pay wall to what others are getting. 

Edited by Ultimex

Posted

Why tf people think its ptw, havent they play any other MMOs?

Posted

One hilarious outcome of this thread might be that people talking how we're b2p and that we shouldn't have this item, will end up getting us the requirement to purchase any and all expansion content in future updates. Then they'll cry about having to b2p since other regions don't have too. Too funny.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can see your point, but I would say that the problem with raising the 30% across the board would still see them netting a loss on the value packs sales. From a sales standpoint they knew the market tax removal would be the highest sell point of the pack. And while the add-on reset would be a good addition in it's place they stand to lose more on those sales than they do by removing the market tax portion. Thinking on it further giving everyone the tax removal would simply see an increase of undercutting until the tax removal isn't noticeable. 
Another possibility would be to raise the exp gain on the value pack by double or triple and I would say this would maintain it's worth through losing the market tax portion. The main problem with this idea is that by increasing exp gains by more would net total time put into leveling and would decrease the length of game life attained by the leveling process. The other problem that stands with this situation is that any appropriate change that would bring the value pack back in line would net them either A. a loss in profit on other items or B. More complaining following because the pack is too "p2w" because that is too much exp offered. As it stands leaving the market tax portion would be one of the only ways to give the pack value, but not cause them losses on other purchases. As stated before if they decide the community wants it then they should remove, but without an appropriate replacement the value of the pack will deteriorate and it won't sell as many in future months.

What moron sees the market tax as the selling point?

Unlimited dyes and the ability to change your face for all your characters. Umm, hello?!

Fact: This game has more casuals than hardcore players. (all games do)

Fact #2: This game has lots of people here for the dress up and character customization. The value pack caters to them with these bonuses (which alone are priced at $20, the extra exp, weight and inventory is fluff).

Removing the market kickback wont affect these people at all.

Really, Market Tax should be 20% + territory tax.

Not the current 30% + territory, it causes inflation it itself and huge vacuums in item availability (in other words, the LACK of beer is because of the lowered market price + high taxes).

Posted (edited)

Lets not forget that the latest patch Nerfed all awakening CC and revoked some of the previous Sorceress nerfs for a cheap alternative fix.

Edited by Noobicide

Posted

The fact people are soooo cheap and wont pay $4 a week to support this game they play every single day blows me away!! You can see how many unemployed people play this its a comedy show!! Sooner or later we WILL pay something . How do you think they make content ? Do you rather pay $10-15 for every single expansion like other games. Somewhere something has to give. Its only $15 a month and NOT required .Get a job you crybabies!!!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just straight up remove the Value Pack or remove the Market Tax benefit from the pack. Thats it.

Edited by KFC

Posted

Leave it as it is.

People complained about the 30%, said it needed to be changed you gave them an answer to9 their complaint. Now as per, normal here on the BDO Forums, always they complain screaming P2W.

They'd screamed about everything you guys have attempted. Just tell to shut up and play the game. The value pack at this moment is THE ONLY ITEM IN THE CASH SHOP THAT IS NOT PRICED 50% TO HIGH.

Posted

Let me just put out there that if the tax is removed from the Value pack, I (and anyone else), who bught the pack with pearls expect a refund on said pearls since the only reason we  bought it with pearls was to be able to take advantage of the MP tax break perk asap.

Just so you take it into account; if you decide to remove it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let me just put out there that if the tax is removed from the Value pack, I (and anyone else), who bught the pack with pearls expect a refund on said pearls since the only reason we  bought it with pearls was to be able to take advantage of the MP tax break perk asap.

Just so you take it into account; if you decide to remove it.

I agree if it is removed it isnt any different than when they changed the Plum outfit after releasing. I also will ask and demand my pearls be returned

Posted

We asked for it for months on the forums, no one was against it, Mainly to be added with Karmasilve buff in it. So this nerfed version i have no issue with

Theres Zero Pay to win as no HP/MP buff, regen, increase. No AP, DP buff. so literally no pay to win.

The Market tax is wrong was tested to be 20% (still up for debate) & that counters the "seiege" tax so its no big deal since Market tax is to high as it is.

So in short dont care nothing wrong with it the way it is. But no issues with you wanting to remove market tax to keep cry baby Archage players happy.

you're a special kind of stupid.

Posted (edited)

You say that and I agree that its possible that wasn't the "intent" but I doubt he wasn't in the know that DAUM would be implementing a subscription model. Just because the original post asked "are there any subs planned" in a broad way doesn't mean that you couldn't mention a future sub model, regardless of whether it was "optional" or forced to log in. Looking at the post now after this debacle we have now makes it seem like a "You didn't ask (directly) thus I do not have to share the true answer" situation. Regardless you don't just throw in a subscription after a games release when you advertise the crap out of it as a B2P with cash shop. The result is the impression of you bringing in everyone under the pretense of "its B2P" and "there's no sub" which also ties in to the argument of "the reason outfits cost several arms and legs is because the games B2P" and then suddenly its also bringing in a sub. Its what we call the "trinity" which  certain similar game we are all should be familiar with here did and look at the result. No matter how pure your intentions are or how "optional" you make something it's just scummy to throw it in after the fact of the games launch which makes the game very misleading and a bit scammy. 

Well, if I recall correctly, there were certain things that Jouska didn't know, but Belsazar did. I didn't actually read the whole article where Belsazar did a Q&A, I skimmed through some of the comments, but what I did gather from the posts which followed in that thread by people who did actually read it, was that he apparently gave more detailed answers rather than 'soon' etc. So to answer you, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jouska had not been told everything.

Here, I think it was this one:

Also, if you've watched that youtube video/twitch stream where Jouska and Rick Van Beem did a Q&A, the merv's palette was being discussed. When the question of when it would get released was asked, Jouska passed that question onto Rick. So I guess the actual dates or whether items would get implemented have more to do with the marketing team / they would be the ones more in the know?

Sorry Jouska, I know you like to keep these threads clean – I shall take my leave now.

Edited by Mooie Rui

Posted

What moron sees the market tax as the selling point?

Unlimited dyes and the ability to change your face for all your characters. Umm, hello?!

Fact: This game has more casuals than hardcore players. (all games do)

Fact #2: This game has lots of people here for the dress up and character customization. The value pack caters to them with these bonuses (which alone are priced at $20, the extra exp, weight and inventory is fluff).

Removing the market kickback wont affect these people at all.

Really, Market Tax should be 20% + territory tax.

Not the current 30% + territory, it causes inflation it itself and huge vacuums in item availability (in other words, the LACK of beer is because of the lowered market price + high taxes).

What moron doesn't see the market tax as a selling point? It markets to both sides casuals and hardcore currently.

Lets begin with the dyes and ability to change your face. Is this used by the hardcore community? Not as much as the casual community so it holds no value to those not interested in the ability to change their avatar. They see value in the weight, exp gains, inventory slot increases, node investments and market tax. Most of those also are of value to the casual side.

So you don't sell anything in this game via market? Nothing? Doubtful lol so removing the market kickback will affect you. Will it cause you personally not to buy the pack? No, but your not the only person buying the pack are you? In my comment I said that it will simply hurt future sale percentages.

Don't go off the rails no ones attacking casuals, but casuals also benefit from the market tax reduction just like everyone else. Currently most of my guild hold the pack I asked how many of them bought it for the market tax reduction, weight, and inventory increases most said yes to at least two of these. Very few said merv pallete and beauty shop change were the main reason.

Posted

Giving it out for free for the first time is a common drug dealing tactic.  TMYK

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't get the deal with silver in this game.

I made 900k by obliterating Nagas lv25-30 for 30 minutes.

I collected over 1250 Naga Fins, because Daum made the item looting 4 times higher than usual,  I can exchange them for 100k for every 150.

Then I picked up all the magic crystals and accessories that all mobs drop, and either sold the latter to npc if it's not popular, or sell on the market for a quick cash (people buy them to repair dur of their weapons and such). I get 1-2 Weapon stones for the 30 minutes of grinding mobs here.

The Keypoint is to not level up so fast that you have no chance at grinding for money, and using multiple characters with a range of levels.

Grind up all those crystals (processing is free now btw), and then sell them at the market for 1200 silver or more as powder.

You always at least get between 2-5 powders at low processing levels for each crystal, and rather than wasting a single slot trying to sell a 5k crystal that no one buys, you can make stacks of a resource that everyone needs and almost always buy out.

You can use loyalty points to buy items off of it, and sell them on the marketplace, if you wanted to, it really depends if Daum is silly enough to put a rare item that's valued, into the loyalty shop for a cheap price.

Edited by Kaiserx

Posted (edited)

I've spent exactly $340, or almost $70/mo on this game and would gladly pay for convenience features but I will not support anything that is P2W (the tax modifier). I quit this game on 7/21 because I have no intention of playing another Archeage, and I will not be back. This game was sold on the principle that it wouldn't be P2W, yet here we are... Enjoy your money grab race-to-the-bottom. This is a sinking ship, get out now.

Edited by Satros
1 person likes this

Posted

it's clear that you don't know what you are talking about... master4 cooking and alchemy prof10 here

with current tax, mats price is higher than crafted item. I said if they wanna remove that bonus they need to raise crafted item price by 30%.

Gathering prof6 here - I sell you and other market place craftsmen your mats.

Your mats definitely are not more expensive than the items.

What the need to do is allow the player base to establish its own value on items and adjust its own inflation rates. Let people play the market.

Posted

My e-mail is jouska@daumgames-eu.com feel free to email me if you would like to have a personal discussion about this, or start a standalone thread to discuss it with the community.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Why converse through private e-mail? Is this your way to avoid further exposure of you reassuring consumers that any type of monthly subscribtion will not be implemented in the game?

PM_Jouska

•  
  •  
  • GM_Close_Up.JPG.861a7a2d82fd66c35a4f622b
  • Administrators
  • Black_Desert_logo.png.1375e3b831ead5ca25
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 5 February (edited) · Report post

Black Desert Online does not offer any type of subscription. All you need to do, is purchase a copy of the game (for instance by obtaining a pre-order package) and you can play as much as you want! Pre-Order FAQ

79605ba0460344a0916c0dd86010f2e7.png

Edited 5 February by CM_Jouska
1 person likes this

Posted

There are 3 ways to solve this problem:

- Delete whole pack

- Delete 30% tax modifier from pack

- Make loyalty pack MUCH cheaper.

Choose one and all will be fine.

The second one seems better...

Posted (edited)

Why converse through private e-mail? Is this your way to avoid further exposure of you reassuring consumers that any type of monthly subscribtion will not be implemented in the game?

PM_Jouska

•  
  •  
  • GM_Close_Up.JPG.861a7a2d82fd66c35a4f622b
  • Administrators
  • Black_Desert_logo.png.1375e3b831ead5ca25
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 5 February (edited) · Report post

Black Desert Online does not offer any type of subscription (to access the game). All you need to do, is purchase a copy of the game (for instance by obtaining a pre-order package) and you can play as much as you want! Pre-Order FAQ

79605ba0460344a0916c0dd86010f2e7.png

Edited 5 February by CM_Jouska

You are an idiot to consider that the CM is wording his post that there isn't 'any' subscription system.

He is clearly referring to ACCESS to the game, not a premium account.

In the court of law, using ambiguous terms will get your case thrown out faster than you can say "But!".

The developers ARE Pearl Abyss, not Daum.

Edited by Kaiserx

Posted (edited)

You are an idiot to consider that the CM is wording his post that there isn't 'any' subscription system.

He is clearly referring to ACCESS to the game, not a premium account.

In the court of law, using ambiguous terms will get your case thrown out faster than you can say "But!".

The developers ARE Pearl Abyss, not Daum.

ANY means ANY.  They are both accountable and they both bare the weight of their words and actions as any Physical and Legal Person, and since DAUM provides the way to buy the game currency his words and actions bare the same weight to that of PEARL ABYSS.

Any other clarification you need?

Edited by Lightmender
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Keep the tax reduction please.. As a paying customer I think It is a great addition to the value pack. I have always hated the -30% tax on marketplace. Now that this pack has this perk I will enjoy the game further and will continue to support Daum/PA and their awesome game!

I want this game to thrive as much as possible. With that said...

You guys at DAUM should seriously take into consideration what your paying customers have to say... and not just the the non-paying customers.... 

oh yeh, the no-lifers as well... pay or non-paying.. I hope you guys make the right decision that will make all parties satisfied.

One last thing..I may have my opinion, however another fair option would be to not choose either side. But cut it down the middle and meet in between.. and one way to do this is to pretty much lower the value packs marketplace tax reduction to a slightly lower value, but not take it out completely.....

Edited by Becareful
2 people like this