• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Value Pack Discussions

1,111 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

True, it is not a P2W game like true P2W.

It is a "Premium" subscription.. with a B2P game.

Edited by DworkJay
1 person likes this

Posted

True, it is not a P2W game (yet?).

It is a subscription.. with a B2P game. They said NO about subscription, before the release... 

It is not a sub.  It is an optional one time purchase.  You can still continue to play the game without this item. See:  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/subscription

The argument that if you purchase the item and won't want the things to stop after the allotted time thus making it so you feel that you have to continue buying it doesn't hold weight.  It is a personal choice and no one including the representing company is requiring you to purchase the item to play the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

They said that there wouldn't be a subscription that forced you to not be able to play the game. This pack doesn't stop you from playing the game if you don't have it. Is it a subscription model? yes. Is it required for you to play the game? no.

Lets bring the competitive aspect into this if you guys want. You want to say that you don't want to pay and still be in the top 5% competitive play of this game?

So to be competitive you don't want to spend money for the pack? Even though you probably spent money on the costume, pets, skill resets (when needed), inventory slot increases for character and storage, weight increases, Mount gear, horse flute, wagon set, and/or boat set. So let me get this straight you're worried about 15 dollars a month when to be truly competitive in the top 5% you had to purchase a shit load of the other things on this list to maintain your top competitive nature? Not to mention you would have to play this game for 16-20 hours a day to maintain with the rest in that group.

Guys just pay the subscription so they don't charge our asses for expansions and content. Would you rather half the population pay a sub you don't want to pay. Than pay $50-$60 every expansion. We've had 2 already Mediah and Valencia. Would you like them to gate future content behind pay walls? They have to make money some how, the cash shop produces sales, but I'd bet not near as much as this pack. 

Posted

let it stay as it is

Posted

I will probably just enjoy my 2 free month and not buy it in its actual form without the 30% collect bonus since I don't really have alts and as such the inventory and lb bonus aren't that attractive and I can easily do without the others bonuses. I "can" understand some people don't like it though.

Posted

I don't mind it as it is, maybe i just don't understand the marketplace and pricing thing, neither do i care about it - I tend to get everything by myself, not from market. I just wish that the loyality wersion was a bit more accessible, 14 days for 1 day of pack is not worth at all. Something like 1400L for 1 week would be perfect, but I guess the ratio 2days of loyality=1day of value pack could be too appealing and decrease the potential Pearl transactions. Whatever you do with the Value Pack, be sure to also adress the Loyality price.

Nonetheless, thank You for the hard work you put into this game. Cheers.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Like, I don't even come on the forums that much... I really don't.  But here I am... because I find out that a group of mislead children who are complaining about something so insignificant are trying to ruin the ONLY thing worth getting in the cash shop...

So let me get this story correct... You are crying over 30% of 65% increase on marketplace money... Are you serious?  This is an actual argument?  30% of 65% is so minimal.  As someone had did the math up there, thats 19 silver.  19 silver... Your entire argument is worth, 19 silver.  

"But wait, no, people can spend 15 dollars to get an increase in returns from the marketplace"... In which I repeat... 19 silver... Get real here.  What competitive edge does someone get from a 19 silver increase?  And I know, I'm minimizing the return because things in Auction House cost millions and if someone cares to do the math on that, by all means, go for it, I'm not that guy.  All of you so called casual players are always trying to weebo your asses into something without working for it.  Always looking for some way to not have to work as hard as other players who spend time and hours into the game.  

"But no, I'm casual, and the person who spends 15 dollars on a 19 silver increase has an advantage over me."  Lets think about this concept then shall we?

Black Desert Online is a Buy to Play game.  There are no subscription fees, there are no paid expansion packs, only a cash shop.  Now for BDO to keep giving us, the players a game they have to have a cash shop that is able to keep up with costs it takes to build the game, to distribute the game, to pay its staff, to keep providing YOU the "casual gamers" the chance to play this game without a subscription fee.  So the MOMENT you uptight jitterbugged in the ass unsatisified tards force them to make changes in their cash shop that minimizes how much money they are able to make to keep this game the way it is, then they have to find other sources of income.  They have to cut staff, they have to cut pay, they have to make the game subscription based, they have to charge people for expansions. Blah blah blah...

Then you have the argument "Well thats fine, lets do that".  No Robin, you don't want to do that.. Because then, you lose majority of the community.  The community will drop down greatly.  Then they lose MORE money because they wanted to cater to YOU the "casual gamer".  In which the game drops down in a consistent steady decay because you idiots want to feel so privledged and be able to compete with people who have busted their ass HOURS on end to get what they want. 

NEWS FLASH: You are a "casual gamer", you don't put in as many hours as HARDCORE gamers.  That means that you don't GET to be at the same speed as other people.  That is why they impliment things like... "wait for it" Value Packs... To help out the "casual gamer" to be able to catch up with the HARDCORE gamers.  You aren't able to put in time, GREAT awesome, 15 bucks will help you out to catch up to them.  Because either you are going to put in the "TIME" or the "MONEY" to make the EFFORT if you care about catching up to people.  You're a -----ing "casual gamer", you have so much in this game ALREADY catered for you to begin with. 

"But wait asshole, what about hardcore gamers being able to pay for value packs, that puts them even further ahead." And yea, they do get a increase by using value packs... 19 silver increase... They will have more money... -slow claps-... More money to  make their failed attempts at PENT and more money to do what exactly again?  In a game that is SO EASY to make money, what exactly are they "pay to winning" exactly?  But hey, don't take my word for it.. .Look at the plethora of posts here that you probably didn't read exactly anyway on why the value packs are balanced and worth keeping the way that it is.  I'm a "casual gamer" and this is the ONLY thing in the cash shop that I would pay 15 bucks a month for consistently.  You change or drop that, not just me, but THOUSANDS of people would do one of two things or both.:

1- Not buy the packs, in which the money is no longer coming into Daum, in which they lose money and have to find other ways to make money to keep the game Buy to Play and free subscriptions and free updates in which that won't happen because you lack luster idiots in the NA community are unhappy about everything.  Then you will end up crying about how Russia and other regions are getting free updates and we aren't.

2- People will demand their money back, refund everything and Daum will lose money in which case.. well you  know where I'mma go with this.

So if you want the TL;DR version, here you go:

69610658.thumb.jpg.808b9967173637c36017c

Edited by Sovereign Seven
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hahahaha Yea right delete your free one -----as he said.... Principle. Fkin ppl cry none stop. Have a life have a job and pay the fkin 50 cents a day for the value pack. DAUM DON'T BE AN IDIOT AND CHANGE OR DELETE IT 

Edited by Ashir
1 person likes this

Posted

Do not modify this Value pack. Remove it completely or make cheaper loyalty pack. That is all.

Posted

let us just pay for our subs and stfu guys who dont like it O.o srsly 15 eur for ur hobby isnt much... u probably smoke drink and f**k (if u are a sort of skum who pays for something like thet o.O) way more monthly ....

Play MapleStory and then tell me how high this value pack scales on the p2w ladder. That's all I've got to add to all this QQ about the value pack. 

best egsample XDDD! got my 4b range with like 3,5k eurs... so thets real p2w xD!!! damn great times back then <3

2 people like this

Posted

Like, I just don't get it... The Value Pack is literally a subscription fee without being called a subscription fee.  It's not something that's mandatory to use. Yu don't need it to progress in the game.  The Value Pack doesn't make you any less of a human being... It's just there to help out those who cannot put the time in.  It's the VERY system to help out the same idiots who are complaining... 

Most of them.. I can almost gaurantee... most of them have PROBABLY paid for costumes, and gilly suits and other shit.... Just saying... You'll pay 30 bucks for a costume, but you won't pay for something that's actually relevant? Jinkies

Go play Archeage and Lineage 2 and then you will see what true injustice is... Bunch of WoW Players complaining about injustice... It's like saying a bunch of fat people are in a n uproar because MacDonalds made them fat...

3 people like this

Posted

Like, I just don't get it... The Value Pack is literally a subscription fee without being called a subscription fee.  It's not something that's mandatory to use. Yu don't need it to progress in the game.  The Value Pack doesn't make you any less of a human being... It's just there to help out those who cannot put the time in.  It's the VERY system to help out the same idiots who are complaining... 

Most of them.. I can almost gaurantee... most of them have PROBABLY paid for costumes, and gilly suits and other shit.... Just saying... You'll pay 30 bucks for a costume, but you won't pay for something that's actually relevant? Jinkies

Go play Archeage and Lineage 2 and then you will see what true injustice is... Bunch of WoW Players complaining about injustice... It's like saying a bunch of fat people are in a n uproar because MacDonalds made them fat...

yea McDonalds is the problem not the fat guys who paid for the crap to get fat :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Here is my simple opinion on this entire thing: I have seen Sorc changed so much in the few months I've played simply because the vocal minority was heard more loudly than the people that played the game instead of typing here. To continue with this thought, I find it disappointing when this said vocal minority is able to dictate the design and direction of a game instead of its developers, I believe we as the players should have a say but not as much of a say as we feel entitled to. I'm sorry but when you hit "I Accept" on the Terms of Service you should have read how much say you have in this game. Besides all that, I have not spent much money on this game outside of two costumes and the game itself, and I see no issue with the CURRENT traveler's pack, I haven't bought it but I don't see a reason for the salt of it. If you like it, buy it, if you do not, don't purchase it. Seems very simple to me but I'm sure I will be proven wrong because well, my opinion differs from someone else and that instantly makes me wrong. Don't respond to peer pressure PA/Daum your bottom line will increase if you keep the pack as is.

2 people like this

Posted

Here is my simple opinion on this entire thing: I have seen Sorc changed so much in the few months I've played simply because the vocal minority was heard more loudly than the people that played the game instead of typing here. To continue with this thought, I find it disappointing when this said vocal minority is able to dictate the design and direction of a game instead of its developers, I believe we as the players should have a say but not as much of a say as we feel entitled to. I'm sorry but when you hit "I Accept" on the Terms of Service you should have read how much say you have in this game. Besides all that, I have not spent much money on this game outside of two costumes and the game itself, and I see no issue with the CURRENT traveler's pack, I haven't bought it but I don't see a reason for the salt of it. If you like it, buy it, if you do not, don't purchase it. Seems very simple to me but I'm sure I will be proven wrong because well, my opinion differs from someone else and that instantly makes me wrong. Don't respond to peer pressure PA/Daum your bottom line will increase if you keep the pack as is.

Thats how we got all the changes in the NA/EU version . lvl 45 pvp, no quest to unlock pvp, a different karma system etc

Posted (edited)

I hate typing shit out so I made a video on it...

Edited by SPCLSPRHERO
2 people like this

Posted

Don't remove the pack or change/modify it its great as is. 

I have no saying about the loyalty price but as the pearl shop price and privilege don't change anything 15 $ a month is no money for any person in this world that have time to sit on his fkin computer and play any game...

IF YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE THE 15$ TO PAY FOR THIS PACK THEN IT'S A SHAME ON YOU TO PLAY ANY GAME TBH.

It's less than a good old burger and soda from any good restaurant (I'd recommend Texas roadhouse lol) 

2 people like this

Posted

- Delete whole pack

- Delete 30% tax modifier from pack

- Make loyalty pack MUCH cheaper

- Make the Pearl pack MUCH cheaper

Posted

I hate typing shit out so I made a video on it...

I agree with your points especially the fact that the loyalty version is so expensive.  1400 for 3-5 days is far more acceptable than 1 day or change the cost to 300-500 per day, either way it allows more people who are unwilling to pay for the package to still enjoy the benefits.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with your points especially the fact that the loyalty version is so expensive.  1400 for 3-5 days is far more acceptable than 1 day or change the cost to 300-500 per day, either way it allows more people who are unwilling to pay for the package to still enjoy the benefits.

Exactly!

Posted

Just remove the -30% tax from market bonus, and all good

Posted (edited)

And why should they as a business make the Loyalty pack price more accessible. They don't make any money with you buying the loyality pack. THey aren't in the business to make sure you get what you want at no cost.

Sure so tell Kroger to start selling grocery's with your kroger card. Im sure they will do that right away

So Hattow, whats this your fourth or fifth new forum account to make your point?

If they do away with the (actually math wise works out to a 14.5% profit) 30 % thing, I'll be the first in line to request my Pearls be refunded as thats not the item I purchased from the shop.

Edited by Arreyanne

Posted (edited)

Why not convert the commission tax into local tax?

This way the money spent selling goods don't disappear into the void and is given to the guilds running the node.

Maybe offer more marketplace nodes but have different registration time of items based on distant.

1 Node Gap = +10 minutes

2 Node Gaps = +30 minutes

3 Node Gaps = +50 minutes

This way there is a base 15% local tax, with a 0~15% guild imposed tax if they own the node.

Value pack can be adjusted to reduce the base tax by 15%, you gotta pay taxes to the guild no matter what.

Edited by Kaiserx

Posted

Like, I don't even come on the forums that much... I really don't.  But here I am... because I find out that a group of mislead children who are complaining about something so insignificant are trying to ruin the ONLY thing worth getting in the cash shop...

So let me get this story correct... You are crying over 30% of 65% increase on marketplace money... Are you serious?  This is an actual argument?  30% of 65% is so minimal.  As someone had did the math up there, thats 19 silver.  19 silver... Your entire argument is worth, 19 silver.  

So you're saying that 19 million extra silver out of a 100 million sale is nothing?

I mean you get 100 million from an Ogre ring, your buddy does too, he has the value pack you don't. 

He gets 19 million more, that's like at least 4 hours of work grinding non stop if not more for just having the value pack.

Yeah, it's nothing, nothing at all.  Are you seriously making this argument?????

Posted

So you're saying that 19 million extra silver out of a 100 million sale is nothing?

I mean you get 100 million from an Ogre ring, your buddy does too, he has the value pack you don't. 

He gets 19 million more, that's like at least 4 hours of work grinding non stop if not more for just having the value pack.

Yeah, it's nothing, nothing at all.  Are you seriously making this argument?????

its nothing because you aren't forced to make money.

You only do so fearing that others are overtaking you in progression, but it doesn't matter due to this game being a MMO that changes its rules over time.

Months ago making a few million silvers were considered hard. Now its billions.

Posted

its nothing because you aren't forced to make money.

You only do so fearing that others are overtaking you in progression, but it doesn't matter due to this game being a MMO that changes its rules over time.

Months ago making a few million silvers were considered hard. Now its billions.

I couldn't have answered it better myself... Also if youre making 19m in 4 hours, then youre doing something wrong.. There are ways in which you can make 19mil in 2 hours.  And EVEN SO.. no one is making you do it.  No one is telling you you HAVE to do it... SO again.. your argument is mute and void.

1 person likes this