• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Value Pack Discussions

1,111 posts in this topic

Posted

Greeting Adventurers,

Following this week's scheduled maintenance, with the introduction of the Value Package, there has been an outpouring of comments, criticism, feedback, and suggestions.  Of course these discussions have brought many valid points from multiple perspectives. Our Community Managers have been working diligently to keep up with the rush of threads, posts, and private messages.  We want you to know that this has not fallen on deaf ears, and we will be taking your messages to the developers in order to find a suitable resolution.  We have seen many proposed solutions and suggestions, all of which are being noted.  

The goal is to find a solution that is best suited for our region, and to that end we ask that you continue to share your thoughts so we can properly communicate on your behalf.  Of course we ask you do this as constructively as possible, the forums rules will be enforced, but that does not mean you are restricted from sharing your point of view, we simply ask you do so without abuse.

We understand how critical this topic is for many players, and we are going to make a point to communicate this.  As always we appreciate your support, and regardless of your stance we want to hear from you.

-The BDO Team

Personally, I enjoy the pack, and I know a number of crafters who had become disheartened by the lack of profitable crafting options that are now revisiting the game with renewed vigor.  $15 a month allows me to support the company, and help keep the lights on.  For me personally, it's not a large investment.  For some, it's two weeks of dinner (Ramen Diet!).  I hope you can find a happy median involving loyalty options, rather than altering the existing offering.

5 people like this

Posted

Just remove the -30% tax from market bonus and make the pack much cheap with loyalties.

My 2 cents

Posted

Value Package Contents Pearl Shop (30 Days)

• Distant Node Investment

• Players can remotely invest in a node using the in-game map, similar to the un-invest node function.

• Increase of Bag / Storage slots by +16

• All characters on account will temporarily gain an additional +16 inventory slots.

• Weight Limit Increased +100

• All characters on account will temporarily gain an additional +100 weight capacity.
      Unlimited Beauty Shop Access

• Combat / Life / Skill / Horse Experience gain +10%

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive an additional 10% experience gain for the forms of experience gain listed above.

• Marketplace Collection Tax reduced by 30%

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive a 30% reduction in the amount of tax applied from items sold on the Auction House. For instance: You sell an item for 100% of its value - Minus 30% of taxe - Minus 5% of local taxes = So you get 65% of the original value. With this item you get an extra 30% of those 65% => 84.5%

• Merv’s Palette (30d)

• Players will gain the ability to use any dye available within the game on their armor without owning it. Please check below for additional information.

• Bonus Items for purchase: Elion’s Blessing (x5), Bleach (x1)

remove the marktplace collection tax and add a free costume for 30 days it wount make it pay 2 win or let it be ... srsly peops stop crying around stuff thet does not make ur game bad... i for my terms gona pay for the sub if u change the price to 12-13 eur not 15! (all sub based games take 12-13 ....) and YEAH I DONT CARE ABOUT A SUB!

and get hold of ur stuff srsly... putting in stuff without anouncing it makes the stuff worse then it actualy is...

1 person likes this

Posted

if i should spend a montly money i go back to archeage

Posted

Just remove the -30% tax from market bonus, and all good ;)

+1 :D

2. And please buff the loyality version a bit (2 or 3 days instead of 1 or lower price, because to spend a whole month of loyalty for 2 days package bonus is not a good ratio. I mean it would be much much better to just buy perma inventory slots and weight limit).

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Daum promised that they would not make the game pay to win which they did NOT! They said that they WILL sell convenience items which they DID! There is nothing pay to win about this package. It may help some people to level faster and get more for the items they sell but that is NOT winning! No matter what they do someone will find a way to complain that its pay to win and that is whats hurting this game not someone being able to get 30% more for items they sell. Others were begging for a subscription. Now that they have found a solution that both makes them money and does not cut off content from people who cant afford to pay for it or dont want to pay for it you complain about that also.

The bottom line is unless it makes someone stronger than you in battle or gives them easier ability to pull of their moves (Less skill required in combat) it is NOT I repeat NOT pay to win! It is simply pay for convenience. Get over it and enjoy the game as you always have as it is still the same game. They took nothing away from you whatsoever!

Edited by dane513
10 people like this

Posted

Just remove the -30% tax from market bonus, and all good ;)

^

Posted (edited)

Just lower Loyalty price, so everyone can have it at least once every 2 days, so 200LP for 1 day Loyalty pack

Probably the best and most reasonable suggestion. I would also suggest as an alternative with the same basis, make the pearl shop version last for 7-10 days as opposed to 1 if it is going to cost 1400 pearls.  This way no matter how the pack evolves both sides get the same and get them consistently enough that they are worth having.  As a player that doesn't mind paying a bit to play a game when it suits me, I would still pay for the cash one but would prefer to see the portion of the population of the game that can't spend what I do not need to spend all of their loyalty for a once ever two weeks buff that I get every day for no loyalty which I can then use for other niceties.  

On another note while it is easy to miss evaluate it at first, I know I did for a little bit.

Marketplace Collection Tax reduced by 30%

• For the duration of the Value Package players will receive a 30% reduction in the amount of tax applied from items sold on the Auction House. For instance: You sell an item for 100% of its value - Minus 30% of taxe - Minus 5% of local taxes = So you get 65% of the original value. With this item you get an extra 30% of those 65% => 84.5%

Isn't really a way to get pay to win (or pay to gain a pretty strong monetary edge monetarily over other players) since there is an in game mechanic that literally lets you grind and bypass the tax system all together as long as there are 2 or more people in your party, and frankly most of us do it anyways because it makes gaining money so much faster and you only wind up with turn ins, trade items, vendor items, and silver being added to your weight which means you can sustain grinding mobs for longer periods of time.

It will allow people to farm more effectively solo, but that is a choice, and duo parties will still be avoiding 15.5% more tax rate, so it is actually a trade off.

I think if anything you could claim that it comes off as a pay 2 win feature, but in reality it isn't really.  Just the cost of the Pearl shop one is way to high or the buff is too short.

Edited by MrGrumpleton
math for me, 14.5% to 15.5% thanks for the catch
2 people like this

Posted

No point buying the Value Pack if the market bonus is removed lol

7 people like this

Posted

...or start a standalone thread to discuss it with the community.

we have some already, let's have a look at poll's results

trying to be polite — it`s rater weird to see that changes on last patch, and this doesn't look like a good omen

2 people like this

Posted

do not change the 30% reduction. Don't listen to cry babies. If anything, lower the loy points a tad but that's that.

5 people like this

Posted

I plan to buy this monthly. I work a lot and this will enhance my enjoyment of the time I do have to spend in the game. I would like it to stay. I do think you could make it easier on people who can't buy it by lowering the loyalty cost or increasing the duration of the loyalty version.

5 people like this

Posted

Lower the price for Loyalty or make it possible to buy for silver from NPC (obviously not from players).

Like 100m Silver for 1 month Value pack from NPC.

3 people like this

Posted

I like the value pack just the way it is.  So what if it gives a little bit of a cash advantage for people that buy it the primary advantage anyone can have in BDO is game playing time.  How would those players that play more than four hour per day like it if people were demanding that their time in game was limited so that their ability to play so much more than everyone else doesn't give them an advantage.  Really.

3 people like this

Posted

Thank you for the link, I believe you misunderstood the original message.  When I refereed to a subscription in that post I meant a price you had to pay to play the game, which this is not.  Unless you are trying to suggest the value pack should be required to login.

Regardless, please keep your comments in this thread on topic.

I think they're saying that the package basically amounts to a premium subscription.  This is no different than what free to play games offer. 

Daum sold us on a buy to play game and said no cash shop advantages, this isn't keeping with the monetization that you guys said you were going with for our market. 

If the advantage from the item is such that you would be foolish to not use it, than it's the exact same thing as a premium subscription in a free to play game. 

2 people like this

Posted

Quit Game Best Option this game will going more and more for pay 2 win that sucks really

Posted

If all you guys want is the 30% reduction on the tax, you SHOULD BE ASKING FOR THE REDUCTION PERIOD. 

It's a buy to play game, not free to play. 

Demand what you paid for damnit. 

Posted

If those who are against the pack or that tax bonus think it will give an unfair advantage, then the improving loyalty value pack not to the same point as in the main shop but good number ofor days would be fair. I personally have 8k in points that I have nothing to use them on.

Posted (edited)

-ignore-

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted (edited)

No point buying the Value Pack if the market bonus is removed lol

Regardless of whether the collection buff is removed (which it should be), I will be purchasing the value pack after mine expires. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not an unemployed loser who can't afford anything. I have money I'm willing to spend, and extra inventory and storage slots, max weight limit, exp, Merv's Palette, etc. are all great features of the pack. @PM_Jouska please ask the developers to remove the collection buff or reduce it to 5%. Also, reduce the loyalty cost to 3-5 days.

Edited by Catgrill
1 person likes this

Posted

At this point probably plenty of people have purchased this pack already, removing the tax reduction would probably just give more work for the staff as some or many players would want to claim a refund for it if it changes. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I posted it in the other thread... There are solutions:

1. Make the Loyalty Item more accessible (don't give 100 LP): 1d costs 100 LP, 30d costs 2900 LP, also make the Scrolls cheaper (25 LP)

2. Make Pearls buyable with ingame cash... for example: 1 pearl for 1 mio ingame cash... you can adjust this exchange rate anytime (see GW2).

Edit: the removal of the tax alone can't be the solution because EXP boosts (exept costumes / pets) weren't in the pearl shop before... only in Loyalty...

If you do this as GW2 or other P2B games did you will definitively get more p2w then the 30% AH cut.

Because in those games it isn't only Silver -> Cash, its always in the other direction, too. So if you multiply it with nearly the same currency exchange, you'll get 3.000.000.000 - 3.200.000.000 Silver for your 30€ pearl box xD.  Just say'in ..

I'm also for an more fairly LP-price, but not really for a cut change - because the most silver you're grinding will be feeded to the Night Vendor now (and you're still can grind multiple hundred millions if you're consistent enough).

Posted (edited)

Remove the 30% marketplace bonus. 

In the future communicate better upcoming changes of that type - any boosts or packs that impact gameplay. The game has already enough cash shop items that provide benefits that help paying players. The more you add the worse it will become. 

I have enjoyed the game and the good work so far and thus I have purchased a bunch of things from the cash shop but I see this pack as way of forcing me to pay so that I loose less silver while selling in the market. My personal opinion is that a game should be either subscription based or f2p with premium account ( more or less granted by cash shop boosts and packs). Combination of b2p and cash shop and premium account leads to frustration..

Edited by NK

Posted

Unless you are trying to suggest the value pack should be required to login.

I mean, I think this would be great but....
You know....

Posted

At this point probably plenty of people have purchased this pack already, removing the tax reduction would probably just give more work for the staff as some or many players would want to claim a refund for it if it changes. 

Maybe, but a lot of people who purchased the pack claim they really want to support the game, so I doubt they'd request a refund.