• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Value Pack Discussions

1,111 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Clear your mind fool, the gap won't be any smaller by investing into this package. All of the hardcore players will buy this and will only make the difference between you and them bigger. You are not meant to be as strong if you play only a few hours. If you do not see that changes like these will ruin the game sooner than later, then you are just stupid. We have to reject the pay to win, otherwise this game will not last long. Many games went down this way, carebears who sadly spent alot of money, have had too much of influence. 

I would prefer pay to win. I have money. i want to spend money. I bought a house to have comfort. I pay for electricity to further that comfort. I play games to relax and have fun. if I can pay my hard earned money to help me advance to further my fun experience then I will do so gladly. This cash shop item is not pay to win. this item is pay for convenience just like every other item in the pearl store. Just because you get 85% of what you sell instead of 65% just helps you further the possibility of getting an upgrade or a piece of gear it does not guarantee the piece of gear which is what Pay to win means. I pay you 50 bucks and in return I get a Pent Kzarka. That is pay to win. Not Oh look i get an extra 2000 silver from my Steel Tanning knife. 

I for one do not enjoy how hard this game can be at times. What keeps me spending money into this game is the amazing combat and PvP system and the progression this game offers. having 50 failstacks and still not getting that enhancement is poor game design in my opionion. that being said This game will last a while because I for one will be shoveling my hard earned money into this game so that it will last a while.

People do not leave games because of being pay to win. People leave games because of sh177y game design and poor quality. 

Edited by Mostrocity

Posted

Just like in real life, you can bribe the authorities to pay less taxes. The game just got more authentic.

Posted

As previously posted in another thread, what I would like to see is the 30% tax removed and a couple of things added in it's place (Highlighted below) :-

Value Package Contents Pearl Shop (30 Days)

• Distant Node Investment

• Increase of Bag / Storage slots by +16

• Weight Limit Increased +100

• Unlimited Beauty Shop Access

• Combat / Life / Skill / Horse Experience gain +10%

• Marketplace Collection Tax reduced by 30%

• Increased Marketplace slots by +10 (to 40)

• Merv’s Palette (30d)

• Horse Whistle (30d)

• Bonus Items for purchase: Elion’s Blessing (x5), Bleach (x10)

Value Package Contents (Loyalty) - 2, 14 and 30 Days

• Distant Node Investment

• Increase of Bag / Storage slots by +16

• Weight Limit Increased +100

• Unlimited Beauty Shop Access (1d)

• Combat / Life / Skill / Horse Experience gain +10%

• Marketplace Collection Tax reduced by 30%

• Increased Marketplace slots by +10 (to 40)

My idea would be to have 3 variations available for Loyalty.

• 500 Loyalty for a 2 day pack. (e.g. you could play Mon-Fri, get a boosted Sat/Sun). Works out 250 Loyalty/day.
  • 3000 Loyalty for a 14 day pack. Works out just over 214 Loyalty/day.
  • 6000 Loyalty for a 30 day pack Works out at 200 Loyalty/day.

The more days you buy the less loyalty/day it costs. I don't think you should be able to use loyalty to get these continually as nobody would be buying them otherwise, so with the above pricing you would need to play for 60 days to get a loyalty 30 days pack so would still need to alternate between pearls and loyalty if you wanted it permanently. (Or just buy the pearl ones and save your loyalty).

5 people like this

Posted

I think it could be a good idea to remove the 30% market tax reduction and instead increase the silver received from junk drops by 30-40%. I'm pretty sure someone did the math and found that junk drops tend to account for ~50% of grinders income. 

This would give grinders with the value pack a similar amount of silver, but would mean they wouldn't be able to manipulate the crafting market like they can currently. 

Posted

omfg .. i cant belive yall still going after this .. LOL 38 pages.

leave it alone, its a company that needs money for their investors.. of course its gona try and leach as much money as they can with shinny looking stuff so ppl will buy. so al you poor ppl you prob dont work so farm more to replace the 20% extra gold  while the ppl who work will pay to have a bit extra.

bottom line is .. only poor ppl complain.

1 person likes this

Posted

First i will start with saying that i dont care if this value pack is ingame or not. Personaly i find it as a P2convinience rather then P2Win. 

I see this pack as a tool to enchance your earnings. So unless you are really committed to earning money via market place it wont help you win anything. For example people that craft and then sell on marketplace need to do it whole day long in order to earn big bucks. People that do that dont have much time for anything else besides that(meaning that majority of those players dont care for PvP as their main goal. This value pack will make those allready rich, even richer. They kinda deserve it since they are doing it full time in this game. Now for those who are concerned that they will be pwned 2 win by these moneymakers, i can only say i dont think it will happen since they MIGHT have better gear bought with aid from value pack, but they wont have as high skill as people that PvP a lot in this game. For example if a player earns 1,000,000,000 per month( and i doubt there are many players who do earn such an amount) via marketplace only, he will get 850 mil instead of 650 mil. Yes you can buy stuff for 200 mil that will make you stronger, but as i said not many players earn that much per month. So i dont really see it as p2w because you would need to really bust your ass off in order to benefit from it in that way that it will make you stronger in short terms. 

Only concern that i have with this value pack is that it can be used exploit market prices fluctuations in order to just sell and resell stuff( but again it would take a lot of time to do this properly and risk could be high)

My solution to this problem would be to adjust loyalties shop item in a way it could be either cheaper or last a bit longer. That way people could plan what and when to sell when they really want the money..... For example make it cost 5000 loyalties and last for 15 days or make it cost 700 loyalties for 1 day. 

And last thing i have to say is for those who will say what they have to say no matter what i write: I wont buy value packs in near future and i am not concerned that it is P2W as most of people say it is. I see it as P2Convenience simple as that. 

Posted

You would think this was game breaking, most got 60 days of this pack for free anyways. Besides you can spend a few dollars to support the game and get the same perks, and if you don't want to support the game than you really have little right to complain. 

So sick of this P2W stuff, why shouldn't money be just as valuable as time in a MMO? Maybe the people with jobs should start asking for MMO's to limit play time to a couple hours a day to make it fair for those who work! Did you ever think that people who can only play a couple hours a day find it unfair some can play all day everyday, but that they can't because they have Jobs and responsibilities and only get those couple hours a day to enjoy the game.? Of course you seldom hear from them because they spend what little time they have playing instead of complaining on here.

Posted

Leave it be.  It is fine the way it is.  

I still don't understand why topics are open to people who create multiple accounts to make it look like there are more people complaining AND why people who don't even own a copy of the game are allowed input about the game.  Is there any other company that does this?  At least one that is still in existence?

Before anything is changed, the way the forum itself is set up needs to be fixed.

Posted (edited)

I'd like to see the zombies split between defending the 30% increase saying it's not a factor or not a big deal and the people saying they won't buy the value pack at all without it argue each other.

And anyone saying the increase is going to help them catch up to the nolifers... it benefits them more than you, you'll never catch up. Not a single one of them isn't going to have the 30% increase, everyone on here can afford $15/month. You think that anyone playing this can't afford it? Calling people poor? This isn't a game you can play on an xbox360 you found in a dumpster.

The problem people have with it is the principle. It's too arbitrary of a condition for too large of an advantage, and it sets a bad precedent for things to come.

Edited by Breyer

Posted

The problem people have with it is the principle. It's too arbitrary of a condition for too large of an advantage, and it sets a bad precedent for things to come.

If it was a question of principle, all the people complaining about the Value Pack would be posting video of themselves deleting their unused free Value Packs from their pearl inventory. But they're not. Opposition to the Value Pack has nothing to do with principle, it's pure selfish entitlement.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's getting really annoying to see all these people complain about the 30% tax stuff. Basically this "People are going to be getting more money than me? Better cry P2W." This is more pay for convenience than anything tbh.
Player 1:(has value pack)*sells item on market*
Player 2:*sells same item on market but got a lot less than Player 1*
Player 2:*proceeds to grind to make up the difference*

If you can reach to where another paying player is within normal non paying game means then it isn't pay to win at all, it's simply pay for convenience.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just remove the -30% tax from market bonus, and all good ;)

+1

Edited by Lobo Necrodes
1 person likes this

Posted

the fix is easy just drop the price of the value pack from 15$ to 5 bucks like that everyone can get it ...and yes i'm sorry if you can't afford $5 then you shouldn't be playing an MMO... (side note i don't care how much the value pack cost, for me is P2convenience and not p2w since in the 3 hours max i play a day i only rack in about 5-6 mil at tops so for me is never gonna be a life changer)

Posted (edited)

It's getting really annoying to see all these people complain about the 30% tax stuff. Basically this "People are going to be getting more money than me? Better cry P2W." This is more pay for convenience than anything tbh.
Player 1:(has value pack)*sells item on market*
Player 2:*sells same item on market but got a lot less than Player 1*
Player 2:*proceeds to grind to make up the difference*

If you can reach to where another paying player is within normal non paying game means then it isn't pay to win at all, it's simply pay for convenience.

Except for crafters where this completely changes how we must play the game. This guarantees that only people with valuepacks are allowed to make money using crafting. Anyone who is free to play would be better off selling the materials. 

We can no longer buy materials, craft and resell something because material cost is greater than the cost of the final product. This is because the value pack drives down the cost of the final product, to the point where FTP players can't even compete. 

This makes value pack completely ptw for crafters. 

maths: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4tsnwr/market_math_on_the_new_value_pack/

Edited by Moeri
adding better post than mine
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Trying to show u a little bit of how "ok" the value pack actually is:

Lets start with the easy points first:

Inventory expansion +16

Noone should be able to complain about that, since u could buy that anyway as often as u wanted before the pack was introduced

Storage expansion

Same as mentioned before, the ppl who wanted to buy it could do so before

Distant Node Investment

Rather a nice to have than anything else, sinc ewith all that possibilies to spend energy on u wont waste too much on it

Max Weight Limit

Well same here with all loyalty expansions and buyable ones it was already fine, so only nice too have, and dont tell me ppl who dont have it will waste more time carrying around trade items or monster trade ins, since there are tons of possibilites to expand ur lt with gear or other stuff

Well no quickly the "how am i able to gat that so cheap" points

Merv Pallet and Appereance Change

Im more than happy to have that for such a low price integrated, we had to pay tons of money to get the dyes we wanted before and they also removed false claims of p2w when some dyes were sellable

I dont know of any other MMO where i can change my appereance and colour of costumes all the time for a normal lets call it "Premium Mebership" who also gives other benefits. I have spent more than hundreds of euros other the years im playing in games for character changes cause u get bored other time, dont you?

In the End there are the most so called "p2w benefits"

Combat/Skill/Life/Horse EXP

Combat EXP is nice to have but will  never make any sigificant difference. Lets make this clear with a small sample, since many ppl dont understand percentages:

1 mob gives us 1000 xp-points

The average player uses a costume bonus, milk tea, and a party experience elixir for grinding if he wants to grind efficiently. Maybe even EXP Gem but lets leave that aside.

That makes a bonus of 10% (costume), 8% (milk tea), and 15% (exp elixir)

so that random mob will give us in total 133% of its base exp meaning 1333 xp-points

Now with the "so called p2w package" we get another 10%

so we are at 1433 xp-points meaning a difference in 100 xp points

ans since 100/1333=0.0750...

u can say this buff willl only give u an advantage of 7.5% in the end even less the more buffs u use (combat exp scroll or book of combat)

So in the end u will end up grinding 7.5% less than some guy without it meaning if u want to level up needing 50h its only 3.75h extra

reagarding the Skill Exp, well even if its 10% flat increase most competive players are at a point where they learned most skills they need atm and for the rest its a nice to have but its still only 10% smth everyone can easily catch up if they rly wanted to

Life exp is more or less the same as combat exp

and Horse exp dont misunderstand this but who the ----- cares just go one more h afk if u care that much about horses and waste ur time on that ofc its an increase but in no way p2w more to that later.

Last but not least 30% tax increase omfg thats so unfair mimimimimi

Stop it and use ur brain before complaining once.

Since some arguments pop up all the time ill start with smashing those.

Ppl claiming they need to play 30% more cause other players eearn 30% did not even read the patch notes. If u sell some 1.000.000 worth item u would have gotten 650.000

now we get 845.000, thats 200k more than u have gotten before

And we do another small example. Im farming pirates solo at a decent speed meaning i end up with 2k bandanas each hour. Ill sell them at the vendor directly so i dont get the maximum out of it. 200*1700=3.400.000

Additionally i drop 2.000.000 silver raw each hour

So I end up with 5.400.000 silver and now to the rings and earings.

At the current price range lets assume we 2.000.000 at max each hour worth of rings

So the unfair player using the value pack gets 400.000 more out of that 2.000.000 worth of rings

So the value pack user gets 400.000 extra each hour but if u try to make that percentage again. Meaning the non p2w palyer ends up with 5.400.00 + 1.300.000 after taxes = 6.700.000

So 400.000/6.700.00= 0.0597

So I get 5.97% extra each hour grinding.

You can apply that to every kill speed aslong as u dont farm high value rare items with the mobs not rewarding any silver. But who would be that stupid right?

And for all those ppl saying but if u sell an item worth 100 or 300 million the ppl get way more out of it than the others, well then dont sell it until u have gotten the 7 day free value pack, which u will get each month. Or just buy the 1 day value pack for loyalties, since there is no way u will drop thos eitems in a daily manner and even if u do u can save them and are not forced to make any loss selling them at once.

I could keep going forever righ tnow trying to argument agains all that shit that was posted and said, but most ppl dont even understand what p2w means.

P2W is if u have an unfair advantage (aka BestInSlotItems,BetterStatusEffects,MoreEnergyRegen,HigherRareDropRate), which u can only get buy paying money not by playing the game without paying. Wait didnt they remove most of what i mentioned from Korean version package or wasnt that even implemented in Korea?

If u cant afford or dont want to contribute to an amazing game u spend hours each week on,then dont do it but dont ruin the small benefits other ppl get for doing so, they are totally fine compared to all other mmos i know using comparable system.

They did a great job implementing that and they should just leave it like that. I didnt rly want to post here, but since the majority of ppl who post only complain i wanted to. Dont forget that all the players who are fine with it, dont even think about discussing here cause they are busy playing and wasting their energy on stupid complains.

Edited by Edelnougat
2 people like this

Posted

If u cant afford or dont want to contribute to an amazing game u spend hours each week on,then dont do it but dont ruin the small benefits other ppl get for doing so, they are totally fine compared to all other mmos i know using comparable system.

Can you tell me a successful MMO that is buy to play with pay-2-win cash-shop and monthly sub for p2w features?

They did a great job implementing that and they should just leave it like that. I didnt rly want to post here, but since the majority of ppl who post only complain i wanted to. Dont forget that all the players who are fine with it, dont even think about discussing here cause they are busy playing and wasting their energy on stupid complains.

There's loads of people that are not happy with it but they dont come here to complain as well... they just left the game... if that was DAUM objective, then yes I agree with you they did a great job...

Posted

Can you tell me a successful MMO that is buy to play with pay-2-win cash-shop and monthly sub for p2w features?

There's loads of people that are not happy with it but they dont come here to complain as well... they just left the game... if that was DAUM objective, then yes I agree with you they did a great job...

Successful doesnt mean something is good or bad. On the contrary i belive it is "success" that breaks down the games allowing every1 to play it with as little effort as possible. For those who quit the game thinking this is P2W, i can only say its their choice to belive in something like that. So few people make such an amount of money per month to benefit from this on that scale to hurt other players. Even then they probably only craft and dont care much about PvP. So if you are afraid of those people then just meh..... man up or just stop being blind to the facts. I dont care for this value pack at all. You still have an option to sell that stuff for just playing the game. So is your problem you cant use your brains to plan in future or you dont want to? 

Posted

I am a bit shocked with the posts in this thread.

I am happy with the value packs i got.

I would/will pay 15$ a month to keep it.

Tax in a video game is utter nonsense imo, especially the way it is constructed here.

Tax in rl is used for the benefit of those who pay it.

Tax in this game goes to those who do not care for the benefit of the payee.

Taxes are too high anyway, with no benefit to those who pay.

tumblr_static_sarang1b[1].gif

Posted (edited)

These ppl asking for it to be removed or it be lowered to 10 days. There are a lot of people who are happy with it and want it for the dye system. Don't ruin it just because you think it's pay to win. There are a lot of western mmos out there who offer these type of incentives also and nobody cries pay to win

Edited by Peaveywolf

Posted

One more vote for leave it as it is.

All the arguments have been made...my guess is the majority of the player don't know or don't care that this debate is even going on.

Posted

Value Packs are fine - Iam more than happy with all things they offering!

Please dont change them at all!

Posted (edited)

I am a bit shocked with the posts in this thread.

I am happy with the value packs i got.

I would/will pay 15$ a month to keep it.

Tax in a video game is utter nonsense imo, especially the way it is constructed here.

Tax in rl is used for the benefit of those who pay it.

Tax in this game goes to those who do not care for the benefit of the payee.

Taxes are too high anyway, with no benefit to those who pay.

tumblr_static_sarang1b[1].gif

They can throw the money collected from taxes into a pool.

Then they can create a 'security' system where funds that comes from taxes improves a town or city's defenses against PKers and monster invasions.

Imagine if towns aren't safe, but has guards protecting it with high DP and AP along with their levels. But underfunded territories will have less guards, and less 'trained' guards, so you won't see Elite guards, or Rangers/Archers and other types of units that will intervene like a military police on PKers.

Underfunded - 50% AP/DP

Well Funded - 100% AP/DP; Gains Rangers who uses Bows to defend towns.

Very Well Funded - 150% AP/DP; Gains Elite Guards with bonus +50% DP and double health.

These NPC guards can use grapple moves maybe? Since players can be very evasive when attacking, and can 'arrest' players and jail them if they manages to catch them, which spawns them in a castle dungeon where they can escape (for instance have to escape the castle dungeon below heidel castle, and evade the super powerful guards there).

Otherwise the only other idea is implementing ingame lottery system to 'win back' silver that was taken from everyone as a form of tax lol.

Another decent idea is removing the base tax and increasing local tax to 30%, this means the guilds owning the nodes will get a crap ton of silver to the guild (they don't hold onto it individually) split by how many nodes in a territory they own. Those owning value packs get a tax cut of 15%, thus in guild controlled areas they don't give away too much silver to other guilds in the territory.

For instance if there are 10 nodes in 1 territory and the tax of 30% racked up 1 million silvers, owning 1 node will give you a split of 10% of the 1 million silvers.

Edited by Kaiserx

Posted

I smell money making scheme.

Posted

RMT silver prices have fallen by about 60% since this pack came out.

They have more inventory because they do not have to market-trade nearly as much to make up for the tax the buyer would incur.

Daum has had no problem restricting player freedom to curb RMT (no player-player trade, no gifting option, etc).

Why they are keeping this huge boon to RMT in the pack, I do not understand.

Posted

for MP sales, profit margins are nil on most items due to taxes, just remove taxes from the game, or remove the tax incentive from the value pack.  as many have stated, the pack is worth it even w/o that feature.