• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Value Pack Discussions

1,111 posts in this topic

Posted

keep Value Pack and make this game F2P

1 person likes this

Posted

I like the item, however i wouldnt buy it without the tax option.

Posted (edited)

I don't think I would buy it if the tax reduction were completely removed.

I do however see the argument others pose.

So how about we meet in the middle and instead of removing the 30% market tax reduction, it is reduced to 10-15%? 

That we those who get the packs still get some slight reduction but it is not a big number.

Also maybe make the loyalty value pack 5 days instead of 1 day so players have an alternative for the cash one, however, not 30 days.

Edited by Corsix
1 person likes this

Posted

Just remove the -30% tax from market bonus, and all good ;)

Posted

Change nothing, everything is perfect.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This is called pay to win. Why? Simply becasuse you're using real life money to get more INGAME money.

I've dedicated a lot of my post count to fighting this mentality as it makes no sense what so ever.

Not on a communication standard.
Not on the English Language standard.

Using this bandwagon fallacy term to define what you want to explain doesn't make any sense. 
It also allows me to debunk your claim.

Having extra/more/max silver does not allow you to win in this game.
This is a fact, because of John Cena.

He has led the wealth leader board quite frequently.
I can kill him in a matter of seconds.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to work harder than Pay 2 Win.
Also sorry John Cena.
No not really.

Edited by War

Posted

Just remove the -30% tax from market bonus, and all good ;)

Posted

u guys who wants it removed are pretty dumb... it would make the pack useless and the ones who like it dont want it removed o.o....

and people alrdy payd for it so stfu and go farm instad of complaining in forums...

like i said add costume remove the tax and done...

still stupid since the 30% tax would been awesome... and add costumes to auctions house... (more p2w???) so people start complaining more and more... (facepalm)

Posted

Thank you for the link, I believe you misunderstood the original message.  When I refereed to a subscription in that post I meant a price you had to pay to play the game, which this is not.  Unless you are trying to suggest the value pack should be required to login.

Regardless, please keep your comments in this thread on topic.

Right now, the Value Pack is basicly a premium Membership, which is kinda the same as a subscription. 

Posted

Or let us buy it with Silver ( like 100-150kk ) or remove that 30% tax... is simple

Posted

^ This is how I feel atm.

Except I want you to keep the tax so that the crying non-supporting players either quit the game or rage themselves into a coma of the sorts.

"Non supporting players"

Everyone who bought the game is a supporter.

3 people like this

Posted

Remove the 30% increased silver from marketplace sales.

Posted (edited)

Okey since alot of ppl seem to have gotten the 30% thing completely wrong I'm going to make an attempt to explain this as easy as possible.

So here it goes.

Without valuepack:  

Sell: 10.000.000

Tax: 35% = 3.500.000

Profit = 6.500.000

I see alot of you think that the valuepack works like this.

Tax: 35% - 30%(Valuepack) = 5% = 500.000

Profit: 9.500.000

This is not correct. How it works is the following.

Tax: 35% = 3.500.000

Profit: 6.500.000 + 30% bonus.

30% from 6.500.000 is 1.950.000

So total profit inc bonus: 8.450.000

It does'nt remove 30% tax. It gives you 30% bonus on the item you sold after tax.

Ogrering is a good example.

Profit without valuepack = 61.750.000 

Profit with valuepack = 80.275.000

The incorrect assumption that alot of you done would give = 90.250.000 in profit. 

In other words. Yes you will make more money from market with valuepack. But not as much as people think!

In easier terms. You pay 15.5% tax instead of 35% so it's basically 20% off your tax.

Edited by Lalugah

Posted (edited)

"Non supporting players"

Everyone who bought the game is a supporter.

No, you're not.
Sorry, one payment of 30$ is not enough to keep servers alive.
Surely not enough to keep a devs family fed.
I won't allow my Penguin friend to starve.
Please go do some research elsewhere but in response to my post.

I don't take kindly to ignorance.

To clarify, my child.
There is a difference between committing to a single purchase
And continuous contribution for support and OR personal gain pertaining to ones interest.

Edited by War
1 person likes this

Posted

I dont' even mind the tax. it's the price. 14 pounds each month when we already bought the game, and with the prices of everything else in the pearl store it's just not right.

Posted (edited)

Keep it the way it is implemented right now and adjust the loyality bundle

Edited by cann0nf0dder
1 person likes this

Posted

Keep the value pack as it is, no change necessary and people that want to keep buying it will keep buying it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think the value pack overall is fine, only thing that needs to be reconsidered from it is: 30% tax reduction on marketplace

Remove it entirely, please.

Or, if there are enough people that genuinely want it to be a thing in the game, there should be a way for us to obtain the same % (or damn close) through playing the game. (Merchant Questline?) If we want to remove the argument that this perk is "P2W," making it obtainable through game play eliminates that being an issue. :^)

Also, I think 1400 loyalties for 1 day of the perk is a bit silly.

Thank you guys for taking the time to review our feedback!~

Edited by GoldieFox

Posted

No, you're not.Sorry, one payment of 30$ is not enough to keep servers alive.

i hope my payment of 200$ is enough for let me enjoy the competitive pvp part of the game, because i dont payed this amount of money for be fresh meat for p2w wallet warriors.

Posted (edited)

No, you're not.Sorry, one payment of 30$ is not enough to keep servers alive.

You have to be kidding me right. I can run a AWS cluster to do bioinformatics for about 200$/month. Granted Daum has to run a bit more servers for authentication and across different regions. What you are talking about is development cost, not server cost. Modern day MMO are very much optimized for server utilization, the issue really is in the content delivery across different regions. That's an issue that Daum will hopefully work out. But even then that's more logistic and figuring where servers are needed and not an issue with cost. 

Please stop pretending to be an expert on a topic that you are not. 

Every customer is here to support the game, whether by playing the game, telling their friends or just building the community. Pretending that only high paying member support a game is an absurd statement. 

Edit: Your statement that someone who pays $30 is not a supporter of the game rubs me the wrong way. Even a F2P player in a game is a supporter of the game. 

Edited by WingsOfHeaven
Blood pressure running high a bit.

Posted

Honestly I think it should be more than 100m silver, and I don't even play as much as the majority of unemployed players do, due to my employment lmao.
100m silver can be made in a day, which is why I think it needs to be more.

60-70mil is more reasonable. There are a lot of daily expenses that need to be covered such as potions, food, armor/weapon repairs, pets, horses, and occasional upgrade/enhancement attempts if you aren't full DUO/TRI. 100mil is just too demanding.

Posted

i hope my payment of 200$ is enough for let me enjoy the competitive pvp part of the game, because i dont payed this amount of money for be fresh meat for p2w wallet warriors.

I mean your payment of 30$ should be enough to let you enjoy, that's not what i'm saying.

What i'm saying is TO BE A SUPPORTER, to to continue to support, paying 30$ and calling it a day, the hell is that doing?

You should be able to enjoy this game based on a 30$ payment alone. There are people who are far more geared than I am who haven't spent a cent on cash shop so I don't know here this p2w ignorance is coming from but y'all going to have to step your game up blud.

Posted

The fact that you tried to get away with this cannot be forgotten. You'll do it again. You wasted our time with empty promises. The language used to advertise your digital crack is absurd, too.

Greetings Adventurers,

We’re excited to announce the introduction of the Value Package with the upcoming patch on July 20th, this tidy little pack contains a bundle of helpful goodies to assist you on your adventures through Black Desert Online.

Posted

There are 3 ways to solve this problem:

- Delete whole pack

- Delete 30% tax modifier from pack

- Make loyalty pack MUCH cheaper.

Choose one and all will be fine.

All this is stupid you need some kind of revenue to run a game that's common sense, something that will make people want to spend $15 a month in the cash shop. If they don't have a f2p system, a buy silver system, or a monthly sub and they don't make you buy new expansion this game is not going to be around long.  They going to need some kind of incentive and lets face it costumes and dyes are not going to cut.  So if they do get rid of the value packs or make the loyalty pack much cheaper its suicide.  If your player base isn't spending money in your mmorpg ie. buying something or have a sub that would create a revenue then say goodbye to your game.

Posted (edited)

Following this week's scheduled maintenance, with the introduction of the Value Package, there has been an outpouring of comments, criticism, feedback, and suggestions.  Of course these discussions have brought many valid points from multiple perspectives. Our Community Managers have been working diligently to keep up with the rush of threads, posts, and private messages.  We want you to know that this has not fallen on deaf ears, and we will be taking your messages to the developers in order to find a suitable resolution.  We have seen many proposed solutions and suggestions, all of which are being noted.  

i´m sorry but i really dont understand why your company is settling itself to the playball of "forum outrages".

nothing which was posted or the "outcry" should have come as a surprise if you have a bit background in the mmo business. its also not necessarely a geographical question, you simply attracted through previous comments a large group of players which did not want or can pay for WoW or any other mmo on a more regular basis. Even if these payments are completely volunteer as long  game affecting features (boosts) are not reachable for them by ingame means this group will be vocal.

you should have a clear picture where you want to drive a market strategically as a company if you implement such packages and changes. This includes driving actively the community "feedback". (iE you would have a community strategy prepared).

as commendable it is "listening to the userbase" it reads like some free-server project where the owner is more or lest following his community wave, because you know hes the nice geek from the neighbourhood but he has no strategy besides ´having fun´ with his friends.  he doesnt strives for a business nor would anyone expects some clever thought communication. he just reacts. to "things".

regarding the communication, i dont know if you strategy was to "let ppl cool down during the first hours" but since wednesday there were nearly zero (0) postings by any of you. not driving, not explaining, not stating. thats no strategy, its simply a total bailout. you dont need to get higher biz degrees to know that you cant go on like that.

what i personally also dont like is the differentiation between you (as publisher) and PA as dev basically playing the ball to them. look, i´m sure all of you are great guys in rl, but the criticism you get here is not regarding your rl person but to you as company representative. you have to conclude on a common strategy -before- releasing such a patch not after. everything which was written and also the reactions were completely foreseable.

it leaves me much more concerned regarding BDO´s future when i see the lack of preparation and communication between Kakao(Daum) and PA than any addition you made so far. Sorry but this is not professional and should be improved. We saw on several occasions 180° turns in between patches mainly driven by "community feedback" whereas the "feedback" was completely forseable.

Do the homework. Plan together wit PA. Conclude on a Strategy. Have a communication template ready. Release after.

My "suggestion" how to "solve" this and consolidate the two user base (those with endless time and those that are working (no time thus endorsing such accelerators) :

• offering the value pack for 1 Day for 1.400 Loyalty points makes no sense and is being used just as a fig-leaf and spin (which didnt worked). Thats basically for 14 days playing you get 1 day value pack. You have to make it more attractive. (iE extend duration or reduce the required loyalty points) for the people that have time but no money in order to consolidate them regarding the offering which caters around the working-group (which basically provides your recurring revenue).
Edited by Nirax
1 person likes this