• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Value Pack Discussions

1,111 posts in this topic

Posted

i hope my payment of 200$ is enough for let me enjoy the competitive pvp part of the game, because i dont payed this amount of money for be fresh meat for p2w wallet warriors.

Perspective:

$200 pays one developer for one day of work

Posted (edited)

Here's what should be done in order.

1) Fix the servers.

2) Fix broken class abilities, features, and bugs which have been rampant.

3) Delete the value pack and apologize to the community for not keeping your word.

With all due respect, please and thank you...

Edited by Daemie
3 people like this

Posted

1. Remove 30% tax reduction

or

2. Reduce loyalty from 1400L -> 500L and increase from 1 day to 7 days.

Currently 1 day usage for 1400L is just a slap in the face, you can't even sell all items in 1 day on market.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The major problem is obviously the marketplace tax reduction that effects the economy. It has huge ramifications on a game that is based entirely around in-game wealth.  The "Value" Pack is at its core paying real world money for additional in-game silver, whether it is a huge amount or tiny. Do you Jouska think think it creates an unfair advantage in the player-base?

Personally I do. I don't want to feel at a currency disadvantage for not buying the pack, in a game where money is power. The game was advertised as buy to play, you told us that you would weed out any pay to win that came across from the Korean Free to play store. It doesn't matter whether you make the pack cheaper, the problem is the reward itself, it needs to go. 

Of-course, there are those that disagree with my personal view. Those that can afford to pay the new "value" pack monthly subscription who argue that them buying a monetary advantage is fine and supporting the game. However it seems to me since you can buy anything else in the store and still be supporting the game, that this argument doesn't fit. If were going to be honest it is simply just people wanting to buy in-game wealth, nothing at all to do with helping the developers.  

While we're talking about the in-game store, can I also just add that if the game really needs more income then try simply making more items in the store accessible. Look at business models like Riot Games (League of Legends), where prices are cheap and thus purchasable by a larger amount of the player base. Currently your store bought costumes cost as much as buying an entire game or multiple steam games! I think you'd notice a dramatic increase in sales if the pricing wasn't so absurd. 

Anyway long story short, simply remove the marketplace tax reduction and the pack is acceptable. 

Edit: Additionally removing the 30% tax from the game altogether would make everyone happy. Also adding something else to the Value Pack in its place like skill/addon resets or brand new bonuses like being able to register items from anywhere would be great replacements. The pack itself even without the marketplace tax is still incredibly useful, it doesn't need to offer pay to win mechanics for players to purchase it.

Edited by Shynxie
6 people like this

Posted

You have to be kidding me right. I can run a AWS cluster to do bioinformatics for about 200$/month. What you are talking about is development cost, not server cost. Modern day MMO are very much optimized for server utilization, the issue really is in the content delivery across different regions. That's an issue that Daum will hopefully work out. But even then that's more logistic and figuring where servers are needed and not an issue with cost. 

Please stop pretending to be an expert on a topic that you are not. 

Every customer is here to support the game. Pretending that only high paying member support a game is an absurd statement. 

..... Running game servers on an AWS cluster eh. You're funny, funny funny guy. I think you're going to need to do more ClientServer & networking research before you attempt to step to me with that goofy bullshit.

Either way, if the company isn't making a profit they are happy with, we get less shit. That's the way the world works buddy.
if you can't handle that, seek to change it.

Not high, continuous. When did I say anything about amount contributed?

Come back when you're less butt hurt.

Posted

The pack is fine as it is, and boosts crafting and new players.

Many players try to come up with unrealistic high numbers, as if you would be able to sell ogre rings and TRI equipment all day. The amount of high price sales is surely extremely low compared to the standard stuff. Furthermore, the prices of those items often vary by a huge margin within a few days.

If the pack is reverted to coloring and appearance stuff, it's of no interest anymore.

Players who invest much more time and/or have more luck, will still be miles ahead, the amount of extra silver is only significant for "small" players, and that's absolutely fine.

4 people like this

Posted

Hahahahaha! You're a bloody idiot!.

They've got your balls in their hands just like they wanted to. God damn you're the most pathetic poster I've ever seen. You've have thousands of posts just dedicated to whiteknighting Daum and PA and the only retort you have is "I have a job lol". 30 is a -----ing lot for their horrible service and p2w elements.Their servers are -----ing potatoes, haven't you seen their issues, desync and rubberbanding? They even got -----in' DDoSed. Proper servers with proper firewalls and domain controller fail overs are much harder to DDoS. They even blocked off the ISPs in desperation.

ATTENTION. ATTENTION. THE CEREMONY IS GOING TO START.

For being a fat ----- and a very good goyim, I present thee the certificate of dicksuckery *Sponsored by Israel*.

So you get challenged with logic, and respond with ignorance.
Bye Felecia.

1 person likes this

Posted

or

Currently 1 day usage for 1400L is just a slap in the face, you can't even sell all items in 1 day on market.

This is a great solution.

2 people like this

Posted

or

it gives u 30% on collection so buy it when ever u need and just collect ur stuff ... (are all people stupid on this forums?)

1 person likes this

Posted

Play MapleStory and then tell me how high this value pack scales on the p2w ladder. That's all I've got to add to all this QQ about the value pack. 

Posted

The major problem is obviously the marketplace tax reduction that effects the economy unlike other store bought items. It has huge ramifications on a game that is based entirely around in-game wealth.  The "Value" Pack is at its core paying real world money for additional in-game silver, whether it is a huge amount of tiny. Do you think think it creates an unfair advantage in the player-base?

Personally I do. I don't want to feel at a currency disadvantage for not buying the pack, in a game where money is power. The game was advertised as buy to play, you told us that you would weed out any pay to win that came across from the Korean Free to play store. It doesn't matter whether you make the pack cheaper or what, the problem is the reward itself, it needs to go. 

Of-course, there are those that disagree with my personal view. Those that can afford to pay the new "value" pack monthly subscription who argue that them buying a monetary advantage is fine and supporting the game. However it seems to me since you can buy anything else in the store and still be supporting the game, that this argument doesn't fit. If were going to be honest it is simply just people wanting to buy in-game wealth, nothing at all to do with helping the developers.  

While we're talking about the in-game store, can I also just add that if the game really needs more income then try simply making more items in the store accessible. Look at business models like Riot Games (League of Legends), where prices are cheap and thus purchasable by a larger amount of the player base. Currently your store bought costumes cost as much as buying an entire game or multiple steam games! I think you'd notice a dramatic increase in sales if the pricing wasn't so absurd. 

Anyway long story short, simply remove the marketplace tax reduction and the pack is acceptable. 

Agreed. O.o

1 person likes this

Posted

Keep it the way it is implemented right now and adjust the loyality bundle

this please. Just make it fair in days for how many points. Heck if 1400 equal to 10 days then put in 10 day pack in loyalty shop. If people want more days they will buy pearl version.

Posted

I will buy the pack as it is.  With that being said it seems a fair amount of players are upset about the market tax decrease.

I would suggest removing the tax reduction from the Value pack.

I think a loyalties based tax break would be a great addition as I think the current silver sink is perhaps excessive.

I would also buy the Value pack without the tax reduction.

Posted

The fact that you tried to get away with this cannot be forgotten. You'll do it again. You wasted our time with empty promises. The language used to advertise your digital crack is absurd, too.

Then quit the game, all this whining is stupid.

Posted

Personally I like this pack. It allows people with less time to remain competitive in the marketplace. I do however see the point of view that it is unfair to those without the ability or desire to buy cash shop items so my proposed solution is this.

Very simply take the 1 day loyalty value bundle out completely and replace it. Change it to a 30 day bundle, the exact same as the cash bundle but make it cost 3000 loyalties. Meaning, if you want the bundle you can get it for free but you can't use your loyalties on anything else if you want to maintain a permanent value bundle. This way, everyone can get it

2 people like this

Posted

60-70mil is more reasonable. There are a lot of daily expenses that need to be covered such as potions, food, armor/weapon repairs, pets, horses, and occasional upgrade/enhancement attempts if you aren't full DUO/TRI. 100mil is just too demanding.

But you're saying that you'd get the pack for 30 days for 100m? Are you kidding darlin.

Do you have any idea how much silver can be made in 30 days lol... 
By players that are unemployed.... Lol....

Why would anyone buy the pack at all. Cmon now.

"Challenged with logic" Hehehehehhehehehehhehehehehheheeh

Ignore list is strong blud.

Posted

it gives u 30% on collection so buy it when ever u need and just collect ur stuff ... (are all people stupid on this forums?)

You seriously expect people to sell two weeks' worth of stuff in 24 hours? Maybe if they removed the marketplace's registration limit (without having to purchase anything from the cash or loyalty shop por favor) they could, but not the way it currently is. Please use your head.

1 person likes this

Posted

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lets face it, everyone comes from different background and different social class. Respect that difference, enough said.

After reading this thread, I value each opinion, there is no right or wrong opinion but alas it is still biased. We need to consider 3 aspects here; Daum, yourself and other players.

Lets try our best to find the middle ground shall we.

1. Daum needs income to keep you happy, to keep me happy and to keep the server running. (I won't decide the price for a value pack from pearl shop, nor loyalty shop.. this is some research Daum needs to make based on as I forementioned "background and social class" ie. time aspect, economy aspect, etc)

2. The content of Value pack is good as it is except need some more work in the 30% tax return thing. (This is the tricky part to make things more balanced). We got "wealth ranking" why don't we use it.. simply put, player with high wealth get a higher tax rate than player with lower wealth. It is like real life tax system, wealth and assets are taken into account and the tax needed to be paid is based on that.

Just an example, player with 500mil wealth gets 49% tax during marketplace transaction while player with 10 mil wealth gets 5%, I'll leave the actual percentage to Daum. This might not be the perfect way, but at least this gives everyone closer to the middle ground.

Cheers,

Climhazzard

(add on: some ppl complain about pvp balance and all, honestly it is hard to achieve balance in every game.. only teamwork. If you want even pvp, make a BDO championship like DOTA championship in.. lets say Texas, closed server, all same computer, 20vs20 or 30v30 with prenumbered, pregeared classes, all the same in each side ie, 5 wars, 2 witch 2 sorcs 2 rangers and so on, then u can talk all about whos skill or strategy is better. Other than that you have outside factors in effect ie. latency, computer power, sleeptime, etc.)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

..... Running game servers on an AWS cluster eh. You're funny, funny funny guy. I think you're going to need to do more ClientServer & networking research before you attempt to step to me with that goofy bullshit.

Either way, if the company isn't making a profit they are happy with, we get less shit. That's the way the world works buddy.
if you can't handle that, seek to change it.

Not high, continuous. When did I say anything about amount contributed?

Come back when you're less butt hurt.

This is not relevant to the topic of this thread. We are discussing a game mechanics and here you are insulting other players for having an opinion different from your's. Calling players "poor", "jobless", "whiner" are not valid arguments in this discussion and simply incite anger within the community. Every customer matters as they may become your most loyal brand evangelist or future paying customer. 

....many games runs on AWS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2TrNvcmGeY It may not be economical, but it can be done. Especially as a backup server or for scaling during peak loads. 

Edited by WingsOfHeaven

Posted

Simply adjust the loyalty version to be a tad bit better as some of the others have suggested. There's nothing wrong with it, imo.

2 people like this

Posted

2. The content of Value pack is good as it is except need some more work in the 30% tax return thing. (This is the tricky part to make things more balanced). We got "wealth ranking" why don't we use it.. simply put, player with high wealth get a higher tax rate than player with lower wealth. It is like real life tax system, wealth and assets are taken into account and the tax needed to be paid is based on that.

Just an example, player with 500mil wealth gets 49% tax during marketplace transaction while player with 10 mil wealth gets 5%, I'll leave the actual percentage to Daum. This might not be the perfect way, but at least this gives everyone closer to the middle ground.

Hm. Interesting.

Posted

Simply adjust the loyalty version to be a tad bit better as some of the others have suggested. There's nothing wrong with it, imo.

going to run out of likes soon.

Posted

because it gives incentive to spend money on the item that costs capital.This allows for the game company to continue to function.
Money, that is. People seem to forget that that is how this works ._.

i get where you're coming from and im understand how $$$ work, but the thing that i dont understand is that the loyalty version is for 1 day and a player will never get it in order to actually use it. And its also why im not saying i want it to last 2, 3, or 4 weeks, cause thats stupid.

This is what i think where your not understanding the me and the logic here, IF you were to buy that 1 day version for arguement sake, how are you ever going to reap the rewards from it? remember its for 1 day, SO IF and its a big IF, you were to squeeze in more then 4 hours a day of gaming for the average gamer, then that means if your lucky you will get 8hrs of use AND on top of that, IF the game didnt soak so much of your time doing things, like processing, creating, traveling etc... I wouldnt be mentioning this at all, but since BDO creates so much down time whilst gaming, that is kind of an insult to us players.

I just feel that the loyalty vers. should be minimum 5 days to max 7 days time period, because explain to me why would anyone purchase it? Its like just throwing your loyalty points down the drain.

Posted (edited)

People cried that Valencia came too soon. People cried that Value packs came too soon. People cry a lot and exaggerate things to the nth degree. We have had a vareity of XP buffs since launch, and we have regular XP events too. 10% really ain't jack in this game. Still requires a ton of time to get to your awakenings and beyond.

The pack is fine. Merv's Palet should have been here a lot sooner.

The loyalty version of the value pack is too expensive. Need to re calibrate that math. Maybe 1 week loyalty gets you one day of the value pack. (artisans memory is also a joke but thats a different story, that should have been adjusted a long time ago)

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

If you remove the tax, you can add another premium function that might be appealing: if a player owns a costume at the character he plays, let him apply the skin of any other costume available in the game over the owned one for the duration of the value pack. That won't hurt anyone and will sell you some costumes.

1 person likes this