• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Connection Issues

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone else been having constant disconnects and/or failure to interact with the environment? Looking for a solution. Tried file repair and restarting my router but alas to no avail.

1 person likes this

Posted

I seem to be having the same problem even now.  I'm not entirely certain what's causing it, but it happened last night, too.

Posted

Same here, see the other posts about this topic. Shucks, as I don't get to play whenever I want, as I work a lot. GW2 works just fine tho, so (after dozens of attempts at logging in) I just end up trying BDO again later, most often being able to stay logged in the next day after noon/eve when I get home from work. The DC's happen for me lately around when node wars start. And then never able to stay logged in again (guys gotta sleep a little, right lol?) You?

Oh, and have a Centurylink ISP, for what it's worth...

Posted

Ever since the patch at the beginning of July, I have been unable to stay connected overnight.  It isn't too bad when I get my processing done, but a lot of times it happens only 30 minutes after I go to bed.  Before that patch, I never had connection issues.  This is starting to get annoying.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, I would love to know whats going on, Ever since Ninja patch, the only thing I can do is idle in town.

Posted

I'm with you all for this, even if I don't disconnect, all the attacks are lagged, same as loot pick ups. Thought it was my internet connection, ran a test, i have 15 ms ping to chicago server, and 60 ms ping to Seattle server....and the lagged felt like a 200 ping lag. Hope this gets fixed soon

Posted

I can't seem to kill mobs, spamming attacks on them but their health doesn't go down.. for the past hour now.

Posted

Daum and Pearl Abyss don't care about users disconnecting (Or users in general for that matter). If you look at their support page, it shows solutions which imply it's user error or blame the users ISP. They don't acknowledge that it's their shitty servers or they blame a random DDOS attack. They would rather release premium content to get users spending more money than to fix it. 

I was having 0 issues since the Valencia patch but since the previous patch, I get disconnected every 10 minutes. I haven't submitted a ticket because it takes them a week to a month to respond and when they do, it's a copy and paste reply.

Posted

It's been like this since the May patches - that is since they told us about those DDOS attacks they were experiencing. I'm on a 100 Mb fiber and I've no problems at all in ANY other online game (SW:ToR, Neverwinter, Marvel heroes etc) and I didn't have problems since May but, after those events, I get DCed continuously, expecially when fighting pack of mobs (causing me to die and lose 1% exp AND crystals) and World Bosses, but also when I'm in town. The game is kinda unplayable right now.

I can just tell you one more thing: following the suggestion posted in this forum, I tried the 1 week free trial period with WTFast, getting even a slower connection/ping from my normal one BUT having no disconnection problems at all during the full week.

Given that WTFast just re-routes your connection on different middle servers to reach the DAUM game servers, my theory is that, after the DDOS attacks, they just made a sort of "black list" of few servers and, if you happen to trace from them, you will be subject to disconnections. Otherwise I cannot explain WHY, before May I was going ok and, after those patches, I get DCed continuously while, instead, I can just play fine on other games AND I was playing fine when trying the 1 week free trial of WTFast.

I just dont' wanna pay for a service (WTFast) that gives me only the chance to normally play a game that I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY without problems with my usual connection (plus I don't even know if DAUM considers WTFast, or similar softwares as a violation of their EULA) but DAUM sin't even recognizing that the disconnection issue is on their side and not on client side.

I wrote a ticket to the support but, honestly, I don't think I will have an answer at all by them...

And the problem persists since months and hits a lot of customers from all over the NA/EU, using different ISPs.

Of course I'm sure GMs will not answer to this post as they didn't answer to all the other similar posts opened in the past.

Posted

plz fix this or help us with a solution

Posted

I would recommend that their be a new advancement category - how about Login Proficiency.  It could be based on the number of times you have to log in during the day. It would provide additional points for disconnecting for AFK activities like fishing, processing, traveling across map, etc.  The most points will be awarded for dying after disconnecting while fighting a mob.  Once you achieve Master 1 of this task you would receive that title of "Mater of Logging In!".  Now I must admit that there will be a lot of competition for this title but think of the pride you would have being Number One in this category.  Unfortunately, all the times you have already logged in would not be counted until it becomes official.  I must confess that people with poor computers and slow internet would have an advantage but with patience you can overcome their advantages.

Posted

Honestly, I've had this issue on and off since the cbt2. I was able to play alpha and cbt1 with no issue. I put in a ticket at launch after still experiencing it. They copypasted and asked me to check my internet speed, i sent them the results and they blamed my internet, which is fios btw. That isnt the case. This still isnt fixed? This is depressing.

Posted

having the same issues... sometimes i will "reload" 7-10 times a minute, or get kicked off BDO completely and have to restart from desktop.

Posted

I've sent 2 support requests.  The request said that it would not be processed until I responded to an email they would send.  Never got the emails.  Now that's a clever way for support to hide failures.  I give them my kudos.

Posted (edited)

Didn't like my original content. Decided to form no opinion about this thread.

Edited by Fifty Val Tom
Too negative.

Posted

same issues reported in about 8 threads and no responses:

Posted

Same here, I cant seem to get past the character selection screen without a "Connection from the server has been lost". This has been going on for months.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ever since the patch at the beginning of July, I have been unable to stay connected overnight.  It isn't too bad when I get my processing done, but a lot of times it happens only 30 minutes after I go to bed.  Before that patch, I never had connection issues.  This is starting to get annoying.

How about June 29th?  That was the Valencia patch that ruined my game. Here's my post earlier today:

--------------- Start post -----------

My wife and I were able to stay on all night fishing before the Valencia patch. Now, it's a hit and miss. And don't say it's our computers because it's not! She has two of them and I have 3. All different configurations. All of them up to specs for high-end gaming. I do 3D work and animations so I need powerful computers and we use them for gaming also. I'm going to tell you what it is. It's an incompatibility with something with Windows 10. I don't know what, but I do know when! The Valencia patch. How do I know? Here's how. . . . .

** One of my wife's computer's was Windows 10, the other is Windows 7. Before the Valencia update she could stay on 24/7 without issues on both systems. After the Valencia update her Windows 10 computer disconnects at random times on random channels and on occasion ( every few days ) BSOD ( Blue screen of death ).

** My three rigs were all Windows 10 and were running perfectly before the Valencia update. No lag and no disconnects 24/7.  After the update, DC's, BSOD's all the time on all systems.  I rolled back one of the computers to Windows 7 and it ran without issues for over 3 weeks. I only had 1 week to go for the free Windows 10 upgrade so I did a "clean" install of Windows 10 and on the first night I got a BSOD! And that was after several disconnects during the day.

I cannot rely on anything in this game. We love playing it "when we can". I have since upgraded all the computers to Windows 10 ( because of the free upgrade ) and have nothing but BSOD and DC issues on all systems. 

I'm sick of this! It has been 8 weeks ( 2 full months! ) and NOTHING has been done to fix this. I have spent so much time figuring this out and spent so much time on the game I don't want to quit. But it is not reliable at all. I have friends and co-workers that have quit because of this. One co-worker bought a new gaming PC with Windows 10 already installed and can play Eve, Tera, and blade-n-Soul just fine. However, when he installed BDO, he started getting BSOD like us so often that he had to uninstall BDO and request a refund. 

Something with your Valencia update on June 29th does not work reliably with Windows 10. Windows 7 is ok. Now I know that some people will say that it runs fine on their Windows 10 pc's. However, anyone in the technical field knows that there are ton's of variables involved. It could be a certain combination of Video cards, Motherboards, and Ram. Or the speed of Ram and the type of bus it has. Who knows. But the common denominator is Windows 10 and it needs to be fixed ASAP! Two months to fix a technical problem is WAY too long. 

I really don't want to quit the game but I can't afk fish or auto-run reliably without something happening.

Please fix this!

------------- End post ---------------

Does this sound familiar?

Posted

Bumping this thread.

New player can't play because of weird, constant server lag.

Is this normal and should I move on?

Posted

Honestly, if you haven't invested time into this game... maybe you shouldn't.

This company is obviously not investing in their support enough to even respond to tickets. I have yet to experience this level of poor service ever in all my years gaming. All it takes is a response and I can't even get that after all the work I did to help them attempt to diagnose it.