• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Horse wizards, where art thou

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

When you're 55-59 with the right gear it's really good to grind pirates, usually solo, if not the best spot ingame for money, exp and gives decent skill points. I do it all the time, but on my server I have not seen a single horse wizard/witch ever on pirates. Is this phenomenon on your server too? Im just curious cuz Im 58+ and would say grinding is at least twice as fast if you have 4 x tier3+ pets and kills packs where mobs died. It nets me around 10 mill an hour from bandanas and coins if left undisturbed (maybe other classes could do better, but for our class its quite solid).

Things to remember is that propper horse play makes it much easier to defend a spot, many sees it as authority and let you be (esp if you can show fast kill speed). The horse is also treated as a player so that you can pull twice as many mobs. Not only do you minimize downtime by moving quickly between packs, you can carry up to 170% overweight with more grinding upkeep (and if u are engaged u can withdraw quickly to restock in case u get knocked off). Durability loss is also significantly lower. Basically the only time you have to restock is cuz 170% overweight.

Horse combat in itself is also different and can be quite entertaining and a refreshing change from grinding on foot, and leaves much room for 'skilled' play despite what many thinks, as fighting 1v1 / 1vX vary vs classes and success is based on imagination, how you use your horses skills and movement/positioning while you use yours.

Edited by Nacario

Posted

what kind of gear do you need to grind pirate on horse, can you give some tips?

I'm still struggling on grinding as a wizard, is that because my ap? I have 140ap atm. Also what skills do you use in your rotation? Could you share some insights regarding horse wizard/witch?

Posted

Think the dmg is so much better on foot now, after recent buffs. I get to impatient waiting for cooldowns mounted, so I stopped grinding with the horse. Shame really, because it's deluxe everything, the Ferrari of mounts, that took me months to finalize. But on foot you can do dmg all the time now with MMA. Also expensive and annoying spamming Blue Carrots+juice. Horse food is kinda gimp atm.

it's really not much faster moving between packs or camps either, because have to wait for the pets to loot.

Only time I grind mounted now is when there's risk of PvP, like when you just know a nearby sorc wants to jump you from behind. Seems people haven't realized it yet, that a +18 or better weapon will turn a horse into dog food. So they still run in the other direction when they see a mounted wizard.

Posted

I'm still struggling on grinding as a wizard, is that because my ap? I have 140ap atm. Also what skills do you use in your rotation? Could you share some insights regarding horse wizard/witch?

The kind of gear you need to grind pirates in any shape is at least 175+ ap if you want to be effective. Add to that a perfect T7 horse with sidestep, charge, drift, instant accel and few more handy skills equipped in full +10 combat gear. 

Until you have that dont even bother with "skill rotations" and tips. And when (if) you get that you will know what to do anyway. Do not pay attention to OP, he fitted himself well and likes to brag. Very few wizards can afford to grind pirates on horse.

Posted

As Solsi below you is touching on, damage on foot is better if average geared as you have access to magic ligthouse, ulti blizzard, MMA. But once ur AP and/or accuracy crosses a certain threshold your finishers does enough damage to quickly take out packs of mobs such as residual lighting, fireball explosion. At the same time you also have to factor in the other risks being on pirate island, such as your spot being contested, which happens quite often. My take is that wizards always needed more AP than other classes to grind as efficiently, even when at 180 AP (and no accuracy bear in mind) I still felt I couldve killed pirates quicker on horse, but now at 203 AP with Bheg gloves they die quite fast, surpassing killspeed on foot by being able to pull more mobs, move significantly faster around your rotation, being able to have 170% carryweight without penalty, and better capable at defending your spot. More often people also walk away not trying to contest you if they see you on a horse. If you are able to get Bheg gloves then you should be able to kill at a decent phase with lower AP enough for horse combat. 

There are usually two spots in pirates where you can access lots of mobs nearby to keep a rotation going, so that you pull and kill mobs ontop of each other while the pets loot for you. Usually you either pull them by running around or tag with chain ligthing, open with either fireball or bolt with their respective finishers and mobs should be close to dead. Inbetween this rotation when facing larger packs, you can fill in blizzard or meteor after a fireball>explosion or bolt>residual, so that you can use the latter again once the long cd skills have been used. Sometimes its also worth skipping a few mobs left alive from a pull, as there will be waiting 16+ mobs in the next pull. Now with 4 x 3t+ pets looting is at an acceptable phase imo, though there is still some seconds downtime where you have to wait after kill, but all things considered above it makes up for it.

Posted

Horse grinding is amazing, but honestly horse wiz really is a rare sight. I never see another one when I'm grinding.

Posted

Add to that a perfect T7 horse with sidestep, charge, drift, instant accel and few more handy skills equipped in full +10 combat gear. 

Why would you need a T7 horse?

Posted

I have discarded my horse mostly.

Don't need it anymore as much and only use it now for farming lowlvl stuff or quick quests, any other grinding having the ultblizz, mma and more feels to necessary to lose out on if I want to actually do stuff fast. 

Horsecombat doesn't exactly pack a punch in form of good burst dmg.

Posted

Horsecombat doesn't exactly pack a punch in form of good burst dmg.

It doesn't if you aren't geared from what a few posters said above.

I was wondering this myself as I recently rerolled to witch and have a perfect T7 Red Purebred with every single skill learned and all +10 horse gear. I don't have Bheg's gloves and my AP is only 171 atm. I have trouble clearing Sausan's main rotation faster than I can on my Ranger atm mainly due to my low amount of skill points sadly. 

I really need Bheg's Gloves and a bit more AP i guess............

Posted (edited)

10m an hour i call utter BS on that ;)

from a horse? meaning only your pet loots, assuming you did nothing but just stand still and pets looted constantly every 3 seconds it would be 80 bandana's a minute for a 4800 bandana an hour: as i recall its 40bandana=80k? thats 9,6m that's only roughly the 10mill and thats if you had 4xtier 3 pets doing nothing but looting CONSTANTLY with zero downtime at all at any point.

i could believe this if you where hacking heavily and with insane gear (basically 1 shotting all groups, having no CD on skills etc.) meaning your speed would be limited by only the pets and movement you could do.

horse grinding is ONLY for when there is too many people in the party so that pets pick all loot and you don't need the extra speed of "speedspell" and the extra damage which you do on foot.

its a "lazy man" way of doing it, and it will yild less loot than being on foot in the vast majority off cases (because pets loot way too slow compared to how we kill in big bulks: the double agro is the only real benefit which comes back to the problem of slow pet looting :/  )

edit: realistic income is 5+- mill an hour averagely from what i hear when people that time it, which is roughly the same as sausan.

He said from bandanas AND coins, but with a few drops you'll easily reach 10m/h :)

I'm one of the few wizards that grind pirates on a horse and if you're at a good spot and know what you're doing, it's way better than grinding on foot. You can't even compare the two. I pull in nearly 2.4k bandanas an hour on a horse (even if I'm skipping loot here and there, which you should be doing) and on foot you just can't get close to that number. I doubt think any other class can. The "slow" pet looting isn't a problem if you play it correctly (I have 4x tier 4 pets though, but it won't make a huge difference if you only have tier 3 pets). To keep it short, you think about each pull. You don't just mindlessly go around killing shit. Each pull has to be thought through and planned around your pets. First of all, you pull as many mobs as you can. You should also divide the pull into 3 sections. A mid section, a left section and a right section. You kill off the mid section first (small and medium mobs die in one Residual Lightning/Fireball Explosion, for large, i.e. Crazy Jacks, you'll need a bit more damage, but don't worry about killing those right away - they'll die eventually) so your pets start looting. As you do this, you pull in the left and right section and you start running around the mobs that you just killed so your pets keep looting while you're killing the rest. If you do this correctly, your pets will pretty much have a 100% uptime on looting and usually all mobs will be looted by the time you've killed them all and then you just speed onto the next pull. Sometimes you might have to wait for a second or two for your pets to keep up, and that's completely fine. Should too many mobs die at the very end, just wait for a second or two for another round of looting and then move on. That's one of the reasons as to why it's important that you use Blizzard and Meteor Shower on larger packs that don't get wiped out instantly, otherwise your pets just can't keep up. Also remember to pre-cast your Lightning/Fireball so you have the follow-ups ready for when you reach next pull.

You and your horse will take a bit of damage, so it's important that you bring a bunch of carrots and carrot juice if you're planning on staying there for a while. Per round (until I get 170% overweight), I use carrots on CD and about 50 carrot juice, which costs nothing compared to what you're pulling in. Durability on weapon is only down to like 70/100. You wanna bring mana pots aswell, since you get this annoying animation after using Healing Aura and Mana Absorption that makes you unable to use any ability for a few seconds. However, when you move to another pull you can and should use Healing Aura if animation is over by the time you get there and if one or two mobs are left alive you can cast a Mana Absorption and instantly start moving onto the next pull.

It's important you find a good spot aswell. Generally you want to find spots with few snipers (they're not only hard to pull in, they also deal quite a bit of damage to your horse) and a lot of tightly packed mobs.

This is just a fraction of what can be said about horse grinding. Best is if you simply try it out and experiment yourself :)

Edited by Båten

Posted

What pets do you use when farming pirates from horse? Recently my cat constantly bugs out, it jumps on a horse and loops in jumping animation on it. I have to check it in and out for it to work properly but it bugs again very fast. I have also 2 hawks and penguin and dont have any issues with them.

Posted (edited)

I have a bunch of pets right now. Tier 4 dog, cat and 2 birds (thought I could exchange a hawk and a parrot when parrots were released, so yeah), tier 3 desert fox and a tier 1 penguin. I use the tier 4 pets obviously and I've had no problems with my cat. Sure, it sits on my horse, but only when there's nothing to loot. I've heard others have had the same issue though.

Edited by Båten

Posted (edited)

It wouldn't be a problem if it was T1 but I have T3 and 2 T1 that was going to breed. I tried diffrent combinations of pets but it happens every time. If I have 3 cats out it happens only to one of them. Sometimes it happens between every pack of mobs. As I'm farming basicly only from horse cats became useless for me:/

Edited by Starflyer

Posted

I think  it takes me 2 hours to get to 170% weight which is about 2,5M pure silver + 2,4k bandanas + drops, but I have 3x T1 pets + mentally challenged T3 cat. But I need to properly check it. I have 191ap base.

Posted (edited)

sounds wrong. but i would love to see a vid off this grinding ^^ please find the time to do just a 10min vid off it if you don't mind. properly would want to copy that if true (10m a hour average is almost twice what you can make any other place in the game).

btw: 2400 is half of what you need for 10m ^^ true thats without drops, but doubt you will make anywhere remotely close to 5m per hour in item drops?

Got some recordings of me grinding in different spots as I was trying them out and comparing them. Might upload a clip or two, probably not of the spot that I'm currently using, but we'll see :)

And yeah, 2.4k is half of what you need for 10m if you ONLY count the bandanas, but you get other shit too. Coins, pure silver and rare drops aswell as blackstones (I never account for the stones though). The coins are worth a lot, especially if you save up a bunch and trade them in Valencia. I usually do one of these trade runs after a week of grinding. Last time I traded in coins I got 100m, so yeah, don't forget about these :) The pure silver is great aswell, about 2-2.5m (depending on how much you're slacking). And now we're already almost at 10m/h WITHOUT rare drops and blackstones. Add a few rings and perhaps an earring on top of this and you're easily pulling in more than 10m/h, even if you're not tryharding.

This isn't a one time thing either. It's not like I did this once for an hour, got lucky with a few drops and managed to pull in 10m. In fact, I consistently pull in a bit more than 10m/h. I've spent more time than you can imagine grinding pirates on a horse, trying out different spots and different ways of grinding until I found the best way (for me).

I have very good gear though, but it doesn't make a huge difference if you got 190 or 200 AP. Unlike grinding on foot, the gear doesn't have as much of an impact when you're on a horse. It's all about using your shit efficiently and perfecting the pulls.

You should really try it out :)

Edited by Båten

Posted (edited)

would be cool to see ^^

well i might give it a shot at a later time, sounds nice ^^

gear means FAR FAR more on a horse than on ground due to blizzard being mega nerfed on horse compared to ground ulti bliz, and earthquake not usable, and utility lowered, and no ability to speedbuff, or stack up, or sage use.

horse combat dumbs down the game to a very simple setup and primarily becomes a question of stats far more than outplaying ^^ (PvE wise it just gives you a ton of mobility at the cost of heavy aoe dmg and utility).

so on that one i do not agree ^^

As long as you kill off the small and sometimes the medium mobs in one Residual, it won't make a huge difference if you have 190 AP, 200 AP or even 210 AP. So yeah, ofc gear matters, as you need good gear to be able to do this, but when you reach that point where you kill everything as explained, it doesn't matter :)

It's a bit different for ground wizards, as they got a bigger set of abilities. They aren't reliant on a few abilities like the horse wizard is and they have so much more utility, as you said. Changes in gear for the ground wizard might change the playstyle, if there's a more efficient way of grinding, whereas on a horse wizard you can't really change the playstyle (not to the same extent anyway) - you're still going to be using the same abilities. Hence the gear for a ground wizard matters more than it does for a horse wizard, once you reach that point where you can grind efficiently.

Edited by Båten

Posted

Which spot do you like the most? I prefer 2nd one or mountain, Crazy Jacks have to low density and I dont bother with main spot.

Posted

Man I really need to step it up I just got PRI liverto staff and +13 steel dagger I'm barely at 138 ap guess I need to work on accessories some more as well I don't see how I'm ever gonna get to 200ap mom it would be nice though.

At the same time the challenge oftaking on lots of mobs on foot and keeping mobile till their dead keeps my movement skills fresh in case of PvP lol

Any advice on bumping up my ap? Besides keepin at my staff and dagger till tri or better. Also what's up with bhegs gloves what do they offer?

Posted

Man I really need to step it up I just got PRI liverto staff and +13 steel dagger I'm barely at 138 ap guess I need to work on accessories some more as well I don't see how I'm ever gonna get to 200ap mom it would be nice though.

At the same time the challenge oftaking on lots of mobs on foot and keeping mobile till their dead keeps my movement skills fresh in case of PvP lol

Any advice on bumping up my ap? Besides keepin at my staff and dagger till tri or better. Also what's up with bhegs gloves what do they offer?

Whats important is to not stress out and do it at a healthy phase, this game can easily take over your real life. Where you are now I would recommend just sticking with grinding either solo to trio sausan, make money, exp, skill pts that way and slowly work on weapons to TRI them (liverto and steel dagger). We are at a crossroads now where more are starting to go for the new accesories, making the old ones like witch earring, mark of shadow, dim tree belt, cheaper. Before one would burn 100eds of millions attempting to duo those, but now one can buy them from the marketplace for lower price and perhaps with less competition. I would buy a pri or duo of those (except with dim tree as its costly from your standpoint, I would go for duo Schultz belt as its very cheap now). This should quickly bolster your AP for pirates.

Bheg gloves are handy due to their accuracy, and it scales with the items enchant level.

1 person likes this

Posted

Whats important is to not stress out and do it at a healthy phase, this game can easily take over your real life. Where you are now I would recommend just sticking with grinding either solo to trio sausan, make money, exp, skill pts that way and slowly work on weapons to TRI them (liverto and steel dagger). We are at a crossroads now where more are starting to go for the new accesories, making the old ones like witch earring, mark of shadow, dim tree belt, cheaper. Before one would burn 100eds of millions attempting to duo those, but now one can buy them from the marketplace for lower price and perhaps with less competition. I would buy a pri or duo of those (except with dim tree as its costly from your standpoint, I would go for duo Schultz belt as its very cheap now). This should quickly bolster your AP for pirates.

Bheg gloves are handy due to their accuracy, and it scales with the items enchant level.

thanks for the response sounds like a good plan 👍

Posted

thanks for the response sounds like a good plan 👍

Forgot to mention, and this i cant stress enough, get a +5 epheria rod and afk fish in heidel (cuz its a river and it drops alot of ancient relics) during sleep and work/study hours. This will provide you with 5 6+ disco scrolls every week which is a huge sideincome when you do them in group. You need to do this steadily to build up a big chunk of memory fragments, which is highly needed once you get the bossgear.

1 person likes this

Posted

Forgot to mention, and this i cant stress enough, get a +5 epheria rod and afk fish in heidel (cuz its a river and it drops alot of ancient relics) during sleep and work/study hours. This will provide you with 5 6+ disco scrolls every week which is a huge sideincome when you do them in group. You need to do this steadily to build up a big chunk of memory fragments, which is highly needed once you get the bossgear.

Ok thannks that was something I was missing I was just selling the relics 😒