• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Your guesses, will awakening increase wiz/witch's mobility?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

One of the things this class needs heavily: more mobility

Posted

Probably.

Posted

If you look at the awakening trends wizards proably will be more mobile with medium range at best and more quick attacks.

Posted

It depends. Every class out there has mobility, well some more than others. If awakening stays true to the core wiz/witch playstyle with us being a bit stationary with nukes/cc, then I dont mind having less mobility while having stuff other classes dont get. I wouldnt say no to a big red golem that could grab a target while I nuke it :x

2 people like this

Posted

I hope it does... I'm getting real sick and tried of every other class being able to just run away from me when they are lossing, then come back when every grab, bound, iframe, and super armor is off cd. 

Also got my fingers crossed for some instant casts and iframes, so 1vX isn't just me standing there stuned forever. 

2 people like this

Posted

Maybe we become CC-immune tanks with our Golem suits. :P

Posted

Maybe we become CC-immune tanks with our Golem suits. :P

and i got my other fingers crossed that i don't become a melee class :P 

2 people like this

Posted

It depends. Every class out there has mobility, well some more than others. If awakening stays true to the core wiz/witch playstyle with us being a bit stationary with nukes/cc, then I dont mind having less mobility while having stuff other classes dont get. I wouldnt say no to a big red golem that could grab a target while I nuke it :x

Nicely said xD I dont understand why ppl are so against having a pet.....

Posted

and i got my other fingers crossed that i don't become a melee class :P 

that would be the easiest way to make me quit this class ;(

Nicely said xD I dont understand why ppl are so against having a pet.....

People hate pets because usually the pet is not an addition to the class but the whole class goes around that pet. This means you are reliant to an AI which is bad, buggy or you need so much micromanagement that makes the class unplayable. That's why.

(I prefer the pet over suits or mele combat... I love summoners)

Posted

I hope it does... I'm getting real sick and tried of every other class being able to just run away from me when they are lossing, then come back when every grab, bound, iframe, and super armor is off cd. 

Also got my fingers crossed for some instant casts and iframes, so 1vX isn't just me standing there stuned forever. 

Im hoping for the exact same thing. If the awakenings dont help me in the small skirmishes im rerolling.

Posted

Couldn't really give a rats ass for mobility :P 

- As long as we do not get a pet

- As long as it makes us climb the tree in 1v1

then i'll be happy :D

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Mobility while dealing damage or mobility at all?

Mobility in general as to be fast and change directions we got plenty. With maxed earth response and magical evasion you can do (depending on your stamina) 3-4 earth's response and 11-12 dodges and 2 teleports in a row without running out of resources. With 2movespeed from boots, 3 from elixir, 30sec selfbuff, 10% buff from spellbound heart and the speedbuff from tp you are incredibly quick. If you pair that with other defensive options regarding Superarmor/Res (magical shield, frigid fog, protective area, earthquake) you are super hard to catch. It's just that most mages prefer to attempt a lightning residue with 2 ppl in their faces and die poorly once tp is on cd.

The major thing is, if we can dps and cc while moving. This is what would enlargen our kit, because so far only magic arrow and earth's response won't make you stop and stand still. It feels to me like the purpose of awakening weapons is to rather enlargen a kit and give the player more options than to strengthen the existing kit. E.g. Warrior greatsword has less mobility and defense but more aoe and dmg. Or ranger blades making ranger more close/mid range than mid/large range. So yea, I'm kind of expecting that.

Edited by Nivia

Posted

Couldn't really give a rats ass for mobility :P 

- As long as we do not get a pet

- As long as it makes us climb the tree in 1v1

then i'll be happy :D

That wont happend, we will always be the worst class for 1v1 ;) that is if the gear is equal and there is no horse fighting.... ;) no matter what they offer with awakening..... we are still the most squishy class out there :)

Posted (edited)

You will get your golem and enjoy it!

Edit: On a serious note, you mages probably would need something to redue the damage you take so I'd assume they would be some kind of elemental armor

Edited by Distribute

Posted

When I saw the concept art of wizard holding a fiery orb and one of frost on each opposing hand, I thought the awakenings would be more intricate mechanically and vastly different to the playstyle we have now. That said, I'd very much prefer focus on elemental spell traps than a potential Pet to "protect" us when we're casting. Connecting appropriate crowd control wouldn't even be hard considering what the current spells have on them.

• Fire: Knockdown
  • Ice: Freeze
  • Earth: Float
  • Lightning: Stiffness

Just imagine tossing a Fire/Earth trap under someone we chain lightning'd or was grabbed by a Warrior/Zerk for offensive use, whilst having Ice/Lightning under our ourselves as a defensive measure against incoming assault. It would keep the fluidity between swapping Staff to Orbs and keeping to elemental theme without a redundant AI attempting to attack once every 10 seconds. Counter play involving use of the knockback skills nearly every melee class has would be more frequent to remove us out of our safety net so we don't stand on it like some silly landmine, yet still punishing those who mindlessly blitz us.

This isn't even including the potential spells we may receive like a conflagration which causes burn ticks in a specific area or paths of ice which may increase mobility for everyone associated with the Wizard, on the flipside a Witch could erect a cage of lightning which stiffens those whom leave the area whilst creating obstructions made of earth.

Sadly...nothing we say here will reach Pearl Abyss and we're at their mercy should they deem "Mage immobility, give them a protective pet!" is their answer. 

Posted

Being able to cast while you're running would pretty much be the best thing for us, however that's already "covered" by our horse, so in all honesty..i've no idea what they're going to do with the class, worst case she's going to be even better in large case battle, and shit in anything under 20 people. (unless horsed) 

Posted

Who says we will be guaranteed mobility, right now we are hyper dps siege class, maybe the summons will be more worthwhile then heilang and provide us a more defensive play style for when we are not attacking.

1 person likes this

Posted

maybe the summons will be more worthwhile then heilang and provide us a more defensive play style for when we are not attacking.

i suppose i wouldn't mind a defensive awakening. But to rely on AI to protect me.. I'll cry if it isn't any better than heilang. 

Posted

i suppose i wouldn't mind a defensive awakening. But to rely on AI to protect me.. I'll cry if it isn't any better than heilang. 

Maybe there is no AI and the orbs are just something to control those golems.

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont want a pet/summon because of how buggy the tamer pet is. You bet that golem would get stuck in terrain, attack the wrong things, randomly unsummon and die in a few seconds.

I would love if those flashy orbs came with a decent dmg skill that could be used while moving, kinda like every other witch I guess lol. Being forced to stationary game play to deal dmg, is definitely the biggest problem or weakness, when you get jumped from behind by other classes.

Posted

Maybe there is no AI and the orbs are just something to control those golems.

OR to catch' em all

/\︿╱\
\0_ 0 /╱\╱ 
\▁︹_/

1 person likes this

Posted

No

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0