• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Crescent Shrine : something is wrong with the ring drop at higher lvl node

123 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello guys,

I started this topic after a long time time of thinking and farming.

We started with some other guildies to found basicaly no drop of ring at all since we upped the node lvl of Crescent Shrine past 7.

For the record, i'm actually at lvl 8 node since a while and all 3 mob type on S rank.

Other guildies with Lvl 8+ node seems to dramaticaly have decreased their droprate of direct ring and maybe also soiled ring since then.

I use to farm there since the beginning of Valencia, and was getting atleast 1 ring a day before upping it real further. since then I have farmed everyday for atleast a couple hours since any result except a couple of scrolls. Not a single ring in more than 20000 mobs.

I know it's pure RNG, but since I'm not the only one having this "problem" in my guild I was wondering if other noticed it/ find a solmution ?

Cheers :)

Jackral.

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe it's related to Patrigio's coming and stealth nerf ?

Posted

Lol, I have exatly the same problem farming witch earrings in hexe sanctuary. Node lvl 9 atm.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello guys,

I started this topic after a long time time of thinking and farming.

We started with some other guildies to found basicaly no drop of ring at all since we upped the node lvl of Crescent Shrine past 7.

For the record, i'm actually at lvl 8 node since a while and all 3 mob type on S rank.

Other guildies with Lvl 8+ node seems to dramaticaly have decreased their droprate of direct ring and maybe also soiled ring since then.

I use to farm there since the beginning of Valencia, and was getting atleast 1 ring a day before upping it real further. since then I have farmed everyday for atleast a couple hours since any result except a couple of scrolls. Not a single ring in more than 20000 mobs.

I know it's pure RNG, but since I'm not the only one having this "problem" in my guild I was wondering if other noticed it/ find a solmution ?

Cheers :)

Jackral.

Hmmmm. same here.... But i will say many people said same for previous spots(marks and witches) and i had quite the opposite experience when investing into nodes....So maybe it is true and maybe it isnt.....Damn this was helpful :S 

Posted

Maybe the markets is flooded and there is a hidden value ^^

1 person likes this

Posted

I noticed also lvling node past 7 yields me less of the rare drops..so i usully let it sit at node lvl 4 to 6

Posted

Lol I got a Soiled Crescent Ring 30 minutes after entering the Shrine, no node invested or knowledge in any mob. Node is at lvl 5 right now and I haven't received anything since then.

1 person likes this

Posted

Already 50+ shattered, level 8 node. Only ever got 1 straight drop when I first came here. RNG is RNG, since I'm seeing others get 3 in less time that I've gathered more soileds.

Posted

Got 2 of them with lvl 0 node day 1 :D 

Posted

Ok, here is one.

I have been leveling to 58 exclusively at Crescents from 0% in 57. On day 1 I started with a level 6 node (max energy on alts) and started the farm. In the first 6-7% of level I got about 8 rings to drop, 7 from straight drop, 1 from soiled ring. Now, each 1% of exp for me is about 1200 Crescents in my rotation. I then got the node to level 10 and all mobs to S around 8% in. At which point the drops ceased.

Some context. I am now 75% in. According to the math above that is somewhere around 75,000 Crescent kills. I have gotten 81 soiled rings, all empty, no drops. About 20 black stones, and the rate of scroll drops has dropped dramatically as well. I have used the GM boxes to increase drop rates, no luck.

Something seems terribly terribly wrong with the node/knowledge rank investment. The more I put in it the worse the drops got. Unless Daum is really going to say that the drop should be 0/75,000?

3 people like this

Posted

Ok, here is one.

I have been leveling to 58 exclusively at Crescents from 0% in 57. On day 1 I started with a level 6 node (max energy on alts) and started the farm. In the first 6-7% of level I got about 8 rings to drop, 7 from straight drop, 1 from soiled ring. Now, each 1% of exp for me is about 1200 Crescents in my rotation. I then got the node to level 10 and all mobs to S around 8% in. At which point the drops ceased.

Some context. I am now 75% in. According to the math above that is somewhere around 75,000 Crescent kills. I have gotten 81 soiled rings, all empty, no drops. About 20 black stones, and the rate of scroll drops has dropped dramatically as well. I have used the GM boxes to increase drop rates, no luck.

Something seems terribly terribly wrong with the node/knowledge rank investment. The more I put in it the worse the drops got. Unless Daum is really going to say that the drop should be 0/75,000?

RNG works in mysterious ways huh.

I stopped investing in nodes, its confirmed that doing so should increase loot, but we don't know how or what. I removed my tier 10 nodes in hexe and Monastary, wiped my S ranks in hexe where I was gonna farm, and for me, hey presto witches earrings surely started to drop.

Having then gone for 3 weeks of semi farming switching only for MoS every now and then, a lot of playtime went into farming, no rings no earrings, remove node and rank and suddenly I had 5 in 2 days, relics started to drop as well fairly frequently as did normal trash items and greens.

Even if daum doesn't directly condone it (if posted public or forums) I think and see no reason to not start datamining the hell out of BDO, not sure why its not done yet but... if they aint gonna just tell us how the RNG from hell actually seems to work.... 

Posted

Ok, here is one.

Leveling up a node tends to make the green and in this case, blue items drop less and the rarer items drop more. But by doing that it also screws up the loot table, take Hexe for example. If you level it up to 10 you can usually get a witches' earring in 45min to an hour, if not less. But you rarely get relic shards anymore. Now go back with no node, can get 3-4, maybe more relic shards per hour. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I've had a pretty bad run of luck with Crescent Shrine lately too. My first 10 hours of grinding netted me 3 rings, 4 shattered (1st week of Valencia launch). Since then I've gotten one shattered in about ~ 20 hours of grinding. It also seems like ages since I've gotten a scroll scrap. I'm with the guy that said to datamine this shit.

Posted

Most of you are a lot luckier than me, I grinded there from node lvl 1-9 consistentally. I have about 80 hours invested. 2 ring drops. out of 8 soiled (7 were shattered). 1 ring dropped from the mob at node lvl 3 and I got one from a soiled ring at lvl 8 node. ive pretty much given up and have just gone to pirates, I can grind the money and just buy them off the market place with less time invested

Posted

Last night grinding there for 4hrs netted me:

2 scrolls

1 black stone

2% xp of 58.

A very sub par night.

Posted

Have similar exp , with t6 to t8 node , was dropping scrolls more frequently , after i got it to t10 got nothing , dropped ring at first when i came there , not even farming there any more after 50h+ grind in t10 node with 1-2 scrolls per/h , no ty ...

Posted

Having the same issue with Hexe, Helms, Crescent. Dumping nodes

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted (edited)

Its rng you tards...  This guy says he got 8 god damn rings in his first 8% exp into 57, then proceeds to get none the next 75k kills.   Does that alone not prove how crazy rng can be?  Have you ever flipped a coin and had it land tails 10 times in a row,  with a 50% chance of failing?  Im lvl 10 node,  all S rank there,  only gotten 2 rings in a good bit of farming,  but i dont complain because you cannot change rng.   Its nothing to do with your node lvl being higher. 

Edited by Snicklebits

Posted (edited)

I farmed crescents about 3 weeks ago, the node was at lvl 2, 2 ring drops

the node is 10 now, s rank on everything. I farmed there all weekend, got 38 scrolls, 1 ring drop. never saw 1 soiled ring, the ring I did get was a direct drop.

I think it may be the effects of the events going on right now. between the black stones and the medals I feel like that has an effect on the rings loot table.

Edited by Lick_MyCrit

Posted

lol i thought iam the only one who had the same issue even in different nodes. iguess there is some issues about lvling up the node tho

Posted (edited)

Wait till you go basilisk on a daily basis with 2 rank S lvl 9 node and don't get jack shit for a whole week so far. What s the point of making belt pieces item if one of them is as rare as the belt itself? Only get rings piece and barely any pin, have yet to see the snake skin piece. I used all my gm blessings and started using kamasilva the last 2 days with no difference.

First day i went there to grind with node not even connected and bad knowledge i got a belt drop. Now it just feels like the rarest item ever.

Edited by PanpanTheGreat
3 people like this

Posted

Wait till you go basilisk on a daily basis with 2 rank S lvl 9 node and don't get jack shit for a whole week so far. What s the point of making belt pieces item if one of them is as rare as the belt itself? Only get rings piece and barely any pin, have yet to see the snake skin piece. I used all my gm blessings and started using kamasilva the last 2 days with no difference.

First day i went there to grind with node not even connected and bad knowledge i got a belt drop. Now it just feels like the rarest item ever.

I went through a nasty dry spell (over 2 weeks with no drop) at crescents since this -----in event has been going on, im convinced its effecting the loot rolls on rarer items

Posted

I went through a nasty dry spell (over 2 weeks with no drop) at crescents since this -----in event has been going on, im convinced its effecting the loot rolls on rarer items

yeah could be the daggers messing it up

Posted

yeah could be the daggers messing it up

like a trifecta, between the blackstone event, medals and golden backpacks