• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Crescent Shrine : something is wrong with the ring drop at higher lvl node

123 posts in this topic

Posted

Never tried Crescents outside of gmissions. But I have grinded the s*** out of Basilisk.

I have to agree. The snakeskin belt is literally rarer than the god damn straight belt drop (2 straight drops, 0 snakeskin belt drops so far) 

In about 4 days of 2+ hours of grinding sessions netted me this. (3 s ranks, level 8 node).

I swear if I see another ring piece..

2016-08-28_380340245~3.JPG

Posted

Never tried Crescents outside of gmissions. But I have grinded the s*** out of Basilisk.

I have to agree. The snakeskin belt is literally rarer than the god damn straight belt drop (2 straight drops, 0 snakeskin belt drops so far) 

In about 4 days of 2+ hours of grinding sessions netted me this. (3 s ranks, level 8 node).

I swear if I see another ring piece..

2016-08-28_380340245~3.JPG

is there even any use of these? its clear the they don't have the same drop rate chance, so what are suppose to do with the extra ring pieces, besides let it rot in a warehouse somewhere and hope u get lucky and get 20 more snakeskins...?

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted

I have started soloing Crescent Shrine lately and at the start i was getting about 2scrolls per hour with the junk loot included and sometimes the soiled ring every few hours along with the black stones which was about 5.5mil per hour - plus a crescent ring from the monsters that made the time invested definitely worthwhile-  so i thought to level up the node as much as possible being at lvl 4 for now and all of a sudden i am not getting soiled rings anymore and neither scrolls so my income per hour suddenly was cut to half ( haven't seen any rings either and i will probaly not see any in at least one week ).

How is this actually working? I thought that the higher in level a node.. the better loot overall.

p.s. i am debating on whether to reset the node or not along with the knowledge on monsters

I would hold off on resetting the node until after all the events end to see if that's what is causing this

Posted (edited)

I have started soloing Crescent Shrine lately and at the start i was getting about 2scrolls per hour with the junk loot included and sometimes the soiled ring every few hours along with the black stones which was about 5.5mil per hour - plus a crescent ring from the monsters that made the time invested definitely worthwhile-  so i thought to level up the node as much as possible being at lvl 4 for now and all of a sudden i am not getting soiled rings anymore and neither scrolls so my income per hour suddenly was cut to half ( haven't seen any rings either and i will probaly not see any in at least one week ).

How is this actually working? I thought that the higher in level a node.. the better loot overall.

p.s. i am debating on whether to reset the node or not along with the knowledge on monsters

Omgwtfbbq,  i have lvl 4 node and 40mil rings aren't raining on me!? 

Edited by Snicklebits

Posted

Farmed some time on low lvl node and now some on high level node and from experience i can tell:
-Low lvl node(0-6):
less scrolls
shitload of soileds and few rings
-High lvl node(9+):
a lot more scrolls
soiled every 5+hours of grind, no rings so far :)

Posted

Farmed some time on low lvl node and now some on high level node and from experience i can tell:
-Low lvl node(0-6):
less scrolls
-High lvl node(9+):
a lot more scrolls

Got three soiled in an hr last night,  10 node,  S ranks.   All rng folks. 

Posted

Got three soiled in an hr last night,  10 node,  S ranks.   All rng folks. 

It may be total rng master considering i have few people with same experience on cresents alone, but i think you are the one that just go lucky and the higher tier nodes are somehow interfering with cresent soiled/straight drop , it may be also event.

Posted

I had some normal rings when the node was 0-4. And only soiled now when it's at 8. They're dropping in a rate 1 for about 1-1,5 hour. But no soiled gave me a ring yet so...no rings for me.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted

Thanks for the sarcasm you beautiful angel but what i wanted to highlight was that even the ancient scrolls stopped to drop so my expected "income per hour was cut to half" since all that i was getting was only junk for the vendor. Ironically, today i was able to get much more $$ per hour with gathering considering that we have the increased chance on shards so i might leave the grinding for later.

Also, even with a crescent ring drop now and then we still get less $$ than sausans/pirates per hour...

Everyone is aware sausans/pirates give more silver/hr.  But thats also the reason they are always packed and people are killing each other.  While I can peacefully farm cresents.

Posted

Yep, very peaceful here. Night time grind, not a single other person lol.

Once again 10/S/Blessing = 1x Scroll and junk.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted (edited)

-Low lvl node(0-6):
less scrolls
-High lvl node(9+):
a lot more scrolls

Actually i have similar observation ...

60h of grind ... In average 2.5k items +2-3 scrolls t10 node (no S knowledges even after 150+ resets) 

Soiled rings are not common thing , can go full day without a single one ...

Edited by HyperAgressive

Posted (edited)

Just got two rings withen 3 hrs at lvl 10 node.   So much for your thread.

Also the person grinding with me got one as well,  she has lvl 7 node. 

Edited by Snicklebits

Posted

3hr grinding lvl 7 node, blessings on (the functional one)

2 scrolls

1 blackstone

I am giving up on valencia grinding, will grind helm cave, manes, pirates

Posted (edited)

Just got two rings withen 3 hrs at lvl 10 node.   So much for your thread.

Also the person grinding with me got one as well,  she has lvl 7 node. 

"Killed one ogre, got ring so much for your rare drop"

The thing we are talking about is RNG you cannot just go and say "i dropped ring on lv10 node" as your argument
I'm also not trying to say you are wrong, it may be -----ed like we think it is or it may be like you think it is.

Go grind there for 100H+ with lv10 node
tell me whats your average drops
Go grind there for 100H+ with lv1-3 node and tell me whats your average drops

Then we can actually prove some points. So far what happend to me once i got my node to lvl9-10 vs what happend before that = lvl 1-5:
- Scroll drops increased (2-3 per hour on average)
- Soiled ring drops decreased ( getting like 1 soiled per 4-5 i was getting)
- Straight drop decreased (didnt get single one, may be rng having fun :) )

Edit:
So to sum it up With lv10 node I'm getting more rare drops overall but less and less of those rare drops are ring drops.

Edited by Matys

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted

Ignore him. He is clearly being full of himself not really trying to add any relevant data.

I also got 2 daggers in the first five minutes of farming and then never got any in the 3-4 days after but i still got 2 in five minutes so by my calculations i should get another 24 daggers in the next hour of farming.

"rare drops"

p.s. almost one week now and still no ring after around 40-50k monsters killed

I'm not being "full of myself" rofl... It's just you people don't understand how rng works, I dunno, maybe you're still young and numbers are hard.  But to eyeball it and say you've noticed a change in drops from one level to another is ridiculous when a drop rate can be as low as .000001%.  How in the hell can someone eyeball a change in drop rate with that kind of rng?  You can't, so me saying I got two rings in 3 hr's is equally silly, but it's literally claiming the exact same thing this thread is.  Yet you guys are flaming me and not the idea that low node levels offers a higher drop rate.  

Either way I've gotten a total of 4 rings, and the node levels have increased my trash loot for certain, along with scrolls (although that is also eyeballing, I only know trash loot went up for sure).  So if I'm making more money off normal loot, and still getting rings, I'm not planning on dropping my node lvl.  The devs have already confirmed in Q&A that higher lvl nodes raise rare item drop rate along with trash.  So to think they are trolling us and doing the opposite just sounds insane to me.

Posted

I'm very surprised this thread has gone up to 2 pages with 90% of the responses completely ignoring what RNG actually is.

Posted

RNG is RNG. The way I understand node investment and luck is easy, the more drop rate, the more chances you're basically just going to drop resources, it's not the same having for example a 1'5% chance of dropping the ring and a 25% chance of dropping a resource than having let's say each level of node increases the rate by 10%, that'd make it 50% chance of dropping crap and just 3% chance of dropping a ring. You've got way more chances to drop the item when the resource chance was way lower. From this point of view, it's very VERY badly designed.But in the end, RNG is RNG, if RNGESUS isn't with you, nothing good is going to come out of your farming experience.

Posted

RNG is RNG. The way I understand node investment and luck is easy, the more drop rate, the more chances you're basically just going to drop resources, it's not the same having for example a 1'5% chance of dropping the ring and a 25% chance of dropping a resource than having let's say each level of node increases the rate by 10%, that'd make it 50% chance of dropping crap and just 3% chance of dropping a ring. You've got way more chances to drop the item when the resource chance was way lower. From this point of view, it's very VERY badly designed.But in the end, RNG is RNG, if RNGESUS isn't with you, nothing good is going to come out of your farming experience.

if you take it at face value, kakao specifically said chances of obtaining rare drops are increased with the node level. NOT chance of obtaining items. take that how you want, I know as well as most that what kakao says is pretty much worthless though.

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted

The point is that Sausans/Pirates is for Money and Valencia/Crescent is for experience points.

Valencia is for memory frags, not xp (except fogans) and not gold.