• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Crescent Shrine : something is wrong with the ring drop at higher lvl node

123 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My Crescent Shrine node is lvl 8 atm and I haven't been getting any Soiled or Crescent Rings for a huge time! I had more drops when I had no knowledge or node level.

Guild mate started farming in Crescent Shrine for the first time yesterday, dropped two Crescent Rings and one Soiled that gave him another Crescent Ring, all of this within 30 minutes of being there.

I'm going to kill myself now...

Edited by Stellary
1 person likes this

Posted

I think the RNG in this game along with Node Level and Rank (S) is tied in with cash shop items "Blessing".

Something to think about not 100% sure but I believe you can buy Blessing off cash shop in Korean version. So by going by that logic wouldn't they lower the RNG chance of items into the ground in order for more people to spend money on cash shop to get item require to get more drops. 

So if you add Lv10 Node all S Rank + Blessing have look at how much loot you get over 1 week of grinding cres. It's a lot more and you have less fails on the Soiled Rings.

I could be wrong but I firmly believe Black Desert was designed around Cash Shop meaning its not so much Pay To Win, its more Pay for Convenience. So if I am correct that means unless your grinding under Blessing and spending the whole week there your not going to ever get jack shit from drops.

"I spent week grinding under the blessing and got many drops from many different areas with high level node and S ranks"

I believe Rank and Node Level works just you require everything at max to reach that goal. If you don't its like taking 100 AP and trying to Solo Zaka to get the drop, its not going to happen and when it does took you month of Sundays to kill him.

1 person likes this

Posted

My Crescent Shrine node is lvl 8 atm and I haven't been getting any Soiled or Crescent Rings for a huge time! I had more drops when I had no knowledge or node level.

Guild mate started farming in Crescent Shrine for the first time yesterday, dropped two Crescent Rings and one Soiled that gave him another Crescent Ring, all of this within 30 minutes of being there.

I'm going to kill myself now...

and how could you not be jealous!??

Posted (edited)

I got 10 node and S rank, ive noticed that my drops tend to taper off the longer im there

ive started doing the crescent daily to kill 250 for the 5 100k bars at atosa villa (exp buff), so I run and knock that out real quick. over the past 3 days I spend about 15-20 minutes there doing the daily and ive gotten at least 1 soiled each time I go out there to do it.

compared to when I grinded there for 6-8 hours straight there would be times I would go hours without anything

Edited by Lick_MyCrit

Posted (edited)

and how could you not be jealous!??

I know, right? 3 Crescent Rings in about one hour, I'm so pissed lol.

Edited by Stellary

Posted (edited)

I wonder if it's the same issue on fogan.

Before i had node max and S on all mobs, i dropped several nice crystals. Now, i only drop Pila Fe Scroll part and rocaba shoes. (and i spend lots of time there)

Edited by Nii

Posted (edited)

I've had the node at lvl 10 a while now, and noticed that Soileds and direct drops is as rare as an Ogre Ring direct drop, Ancient Scroll drops was usual 2-4 per grind session. But as soon as I started getting S knowledge on all of the mobs, I only got black stone drops, and maybe a max 2 or 3 the whole day. What I found strange was that, 3 times in a row, after resetting knowledge a soiled dropped immediately in the first pack I killed after logging back on my main, but then it stopped, and 3 or 4 days went by with absolutely no drops other than 1 or 2 black stones and then suddenly 5 Ancient Scrolls and 6 Soileds in 1 session.

I have no idea what to think of this but shit went strange as soon as I got my S knowledge on all the mobs.

Edited by eLusion
2 people like this

Posted

I know, right? 3 Crescent Rings in about one hour, I'm so pissed lol.

hehe its okay u didnt feel it when ur friend drops 3 ogre rings in an hour i swear :D

Posted

Having exact same issue. Used to farm Crescent Shrine a lot on low node, got a couple rings and regular soiled drops, as well as 100s of scrolls. Stopped grinding here while I upgraded my node and came back when it was level 10, can't even drop a scroll anymore, let alone any soiled or genuine rings. Clearly something fishy is going on.

Posted

I made a similar experience at basilisks

Posted

All those people having the same experience but it s all in our heads right? Nothing wrong there...

Posted

ive had the same thing happen with ogres and you guys are talkin about ..i even reset the castle side of my ogre nodes to 0 and left the mansha side @ 10 so for over 2 weeks now the side with lvl 10 node had produced 0 ogre rings and 1 solid ...and the side with node lvl 0 ive got 2 ogre rings and 20ish soiled...oh i should have started with i have looted 14 ogre rings total and they were 80% with S rank and no investment into node lvl...ive petitioned it and they said it was working as intended...reminds me of eq2 and there blanket statments for everything they dont understand or want to even look in to checking....

Posted

I think i ll take down my node lvl back to 5 on everything and never go past 5.

Posted

This shit has no fixed rate.  It's like getting .005% drop rate at 3pm and maybe .010% at night and then .002% the following day.  It's -----ing stupid.

Posted (edited)

Kept the node on 5 after reading all up weeks , if not months ago.

56>58 there and gotten 4 rings in totall:)  and the first 2 rings i got on the first and second day i went there.

So yes this droprate can suck my balls.

PS., and yeps all mobs after 1 week on S-rank

Edited by Creedy

Posted

Kept the node on 5 after reading all up weeks , if not months ago.

56>58 there and gotten 4 rings in totall:)  and the first 2 rings i got on the first and second day i went there.

So yes this droprate can suck my balls.

PS., and yeps all mobs after 1 week on S-rank

Last actual ring I got straight from the mobs at that place was when my node was still at level 5 with everything on S rank on the first few days of Valencia release.  Now that my crescent shrine node is at level 10, the pieces of shit won't even drop anymore.

Posted

Everything is S, Node level 10. Spent roughly 10 hours grinding there, got one ring drop, 2 soiled (both shattered)

Posted (edited)

Spent about 3 hours farming Crescent yesterday, got 2 Soiled, node level 8 and S knowledge on all mobs. Still not as good as expected, but at least I dropped something lol.

Edited by Stellary

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted

Maybe the markets is flooded and there is a hidden value ^^

;)

Posted

I could be wrong as well but i have also started to believe in this after seeing more and more mechanics both at PvP and PvE that encourage spending real money. It is a shame that such a beautiful game is now being crippled by greed as if the game does not make a fortune already.

Then again, i have also thought that maybe i am not clearing fast enough at Crescents to make it worthwile compared to Sausans/Pirates so i have buffed my power up to even 250ish AP/Attack from every source possible ( especially Villa/Elixirs/Alchemy Stone/etc ) and i have to say that i am not really noticing any difference making all the effort to be in vain as opposed to Sausans for example where i mostly one shot the monsters. The node is at level 9 currently and the difference is not that much noticeable compared to a level 0 either since i was getting more or less the same loot when i first started ( as a matter of fact, i am pretty sure that i was getting more Ancient Scrolls or Soiled Rings when my node was only level 5 ).

These days, the only reason as of why i am doing Crescents instead of Sausans/Pirates is because it is not visited that much often by griefers.

I gave up, best I've got was 3 rings in 1-2hr, but that's how my RNG normally goes for any where I get no drops for hrs on end then suddenly 3 within 1-2hr mark. I lost all my Crescents upgrading rings they just keep failing on me which is real shame as the amount of time spend I would of made 10x more at pirates.

I've gone full life skill's, I seem to make more coin then grinding and its less painful at least now I can just buy the costly items outright.

Posted

I've heard this nonsense about node lvl from so many people.   If it's really true why is no one resetting thier node lvl?  Seems you guys don't truley believe what you claim. 

Oh and got two rings yesterday on my rank 10, S on all mobs.  One soiled,  one straight. 

Posted

I've heard this nonsense about node lvl from so many people.   If it's really true why is no one resetting thier node lvl?  Seems you guys don't truley believe what you claim. 

Oh and got two rings yesterday on my rank 10, S on all mobs.  One soiled,  one straight. 

What makes you think that we don't? We don't have to prove to you anything, you're not a relevant person in this discussion.

2 people like this

Posted

I wish I had read this before I got my node to lvl 10. I was getting decent drops until I finally hit lvl 10 and now I can't get even get an ancient scroll in 2 hours of farming. 

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Anne_Rose