• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What is up with this PvP/karma System?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

1. Can't contest a grind spot from some one trying to take it. After 5 kills you can't kill them any more because you will go further negative karma, lose enchants, gems, and exp all because some one else decides to be a ----- and ignore a polite and courteous "Please leave," 

2. Why don't you lose exp? Yeah people killed afk fishers when fishing was a lazy man's way to make money, but now with grinding people the top way to earn your useless silver, I think a 1% exp lose should be reinstated. If there is no reason for someone to leave me alone then they wont and it's honestly -----ed up that I will be the one on the short end of the stick. 

3. Don't PK? Well then say I channel hop, then I'm out a grind spot if some one is there or guess what I am going to do the same exact thing Person #1 did to me. Force me to go negative and lose all my hard earned work. 

This system is seriously wrong and needs to be fixed. If someone knows they can't out grind or kill the person they will stay there and cause a bigger head ache. This allowed lowbie noobs to become dicks and set back people all for the sack of being butt hurt about being killed some where. 

2 people like this

Posted

Everything is fine, you want this Spot?

Pay for it.

1 person likes this

Posted

1. Can't contest a grind spot from some one trying to take it. After 5 kills you can't kill them any more because you will go further negative karma, lose enchants, gems, and exp all because some one else decides to be a ----- and ignore a polite and courteous "Please leave,"

See, that's the thing i don't understand.

I'm grinding somewhere, someone comes and goes "spot taken". Well, i never care. Spot taken ? Nope, it's not yours, you haven't claimed it.

YET.

If the guy is going to flag up and kill me, i flag too. So whoever wins doesn't lose karma. If i can't win well then gf, keep your spot, i'll change channel, go somewhere else, or do one of the other 5415838186541 activities in the game instead of whining on the forums i got killed by a real life murderer pls punish him.

2 people like this

Posted

we already have a post like this, can we do a search of the forums before we post?

Please

Regards

Nap

Posted

Welcome to 2 months ago or something OP.

Posted

I don't get this idea that you HAVE to kill every player that starts playing in "Your" spot anymore. Aren't there more places to go grind now? Isn't it clear to everyone by this point that the system is designed to discourage petty pking? And if you're unaware, it was stated by the devs that one of the main reasons the karma system and penalties were changed is because of the EXACT reason your arguing against these changes. Preventing other lower powered "plebs" from grinding is what brought this system about in the first place.

Maybe you could try teaming up with them the next tine someone "steals""Your" mobs.

And don't forget, you don't actually HAVE to PK that "griefer" in this system. But try preventing a level 57-8 with good gear from killing your lvl 51.

Posted

2. Why don't you lose exp? Yeah people killed afk fishers when fishing was a lazy man's way to make money, but now with grinding people the top way to earn your useless silver, I think a 1% exp lose should be reinstated. If there is no reason for someone to leave me alone then they wont and it's honestly -----ed up that I will be the one on the short end of the stick. 

3. Don't PK? Well then say I channel hop, then I'm out a grind spot if some one is there or guess what I am going to do the same exact thing Person #1 did to me. Force me to go negative and lose all my hard earned work. 

This system is seriously wrong and needs to be fixed. If someone knows they can't out grind or kill the person they will stay there and cause a bigger head ache. This allowed lowbie noobs to become dicks and set back people all for the sack of being butt hurt about being killed some where. 

Every version of BDO has removed the EXP loss on PK death Korean, Japanese, Russian and now ours. Best accept it and adjust your game play accordingly.

1: Kill the mobs faster, divide the mob map with them or team up. You don't own the mobs.

2: Never going to happen and the AFK fishermen are just one of several reasons why. The Devs have been crystal clear on this. Best start playing smarter.

3: Several channels and several grinding spots, don't pretend that you have exhausted every single option before resorting to PKing someone.

The Karma system was a part of this game from before the Korean Beta and all versions have removed the exp loss on PK death. You're never forced to PK some random scrub you just want to. So either play smarter or swallow the karma loss even if they come back again and again.

3 people like this

Posted

^

I'm just gonna leave this thread before i get angry at this community's stupidity again.

Posted

out farm them. Spot all yours. Can't out farm?  GIT gud

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm with you OP, but retards are going to come blow up your thread. If two people wanted a spot then who got to use it used to be determined through PvP (as it should be in an open-world PvP game) but now it's determined by who's the better PvE class. If you're something like a warrior or zerker and you're grinding when a ranger comes in and says "----- you, this is my spot now" well that's it, you lose. It doesn't matter if you completely shit on that ranger in PvP because they'll just dance around you killing all of the mobs first for no reason other than their class is better at farming. And how will the carebears respond? "duuuur you don't own the spot, you should just change channels!" but back when there was exp loss from PvP if you told that same carebear to just change channels if someone wasn't letting them use a spot they would cry about how "it's not faaaaaair you don't OWN that spot!"

These carebear losers signed up for a game with open-world PvP and now they're trying to ----- and moan until it turns into their own little PvE paradise.

2 people like this

Posted

^

I'm just gonna leave this thread before i get angry at this community's stupidity again.

Unable to prove anything I said to be incorrect? The stupidity is your own.

Posted

See, that's the thing i don't understand.

I'm grinding somewhere, someone comes and goes "spot taken". Well, i never care. Spot taken ? Nope, it's not yours, you haven't claimed it.

YET.

If the guy is going to flag up and kill me, i flag too. So whoever wins doesn't lose karma. If i can't win well then gf, keep your spot, i'll change channel, go somewhere else, or do one of the other 5415838186541 activities in the game instead of whining on the forums i got killed by a real life murderer pls punish him.

i meant they come to my spot. I say "Please leave, spots taken." and they don't that's the problem. I understand it's not "my" spot, but out of respect let me grind, sorry you wasnt the first bird at the worm. 

Every version of BDO has removed the EXP loss on PK death Korean, Japanese, Russian and now ours. Best accept it and adjust your game play accordingly.

1: Kill the mobs faster, divide the mob map with them or team up. You don't own the mobs.

2: Never going to happen and the AFK fishermen are just one of several reasons why. The Devs have been crystal clear on this. Best start playing smarter.

3: Several channels and several grinding spots, don't pretend that you have exhausted every single option before resorting to PKing someone.

The Karma system was a part of this game from before the Korean Beta and all versions have removed the exp loss on PK death. You're never forced to PK some random scrub you just want to. So either play smarter or swallow the karma loss even if they come back again and again.

1. You sound exactly like one of the dicks I'm referring too. Me being the Original person there it's kind of dickish for some one to come and contest it. I don't understand the logic behind it. You (the intruder) is doing nothing more but causing conflict for someone else and manipulating a system  knowing the person grinding there can't PK you more than 5 times because they would truly be the one hurting. HOW ARE YOU OK WITH SUCH SHITTY BEHAVIOR?  To literally come and impose on someone you don't een know, ause discord and conflict, all because you want to farm there is so messed up. 

2. You (the intruder) ran/rode your ass here, so you can run/ride your ass to another spot or switch channels like you said there is several. Why continue to impose? Oh I forgot the ----- nature and the compensating for small parts. 

I'm with you OP, but retards are going to come blow up your thread. If two people wanted a spot then who got to use it used to be determined through PvP (as it should be in an open-world PvP game) but now it's determined by who's the better PvE class. If you're something like a warrior or zerker and you're grinding when a ranger comes in and says "----- you, this is my spot now" well that's it, you lose. It doesn't matter if you completely shit on that ranger in PvP because they'll just dance around you killing all of the mobs first for no reason other than their class is better at farming. And how will the carebears respond? "duuuur you don't own the spot, you should just change channels!" but back when there was exp loss from PvP if you told that same carebear to just change channels if someone wasn't letting them use a spot they would cry about how "it's not faaaaaair you don't OWN that spot!"

These carebear losers signed up for a game with open-world PvP and now they're trying to ----- and moan until it turns into their own little PvE paradise.

I thinks it's something wrong with people who seriously do this. 

Posted

You actually explain in there why the system was flawed before. It's always gonna be the higher level and better gear that win a fight in this game. So no new player would ever get a chance to level up because they would be locked out of "owned" spots. The person controlling the spot would always be higher level and better geared anyway, and because they could control the spot nobody would ever close the gap let alone catch up. I know there a lot of players saying "Exactly what I want, thanks" but games that cater to this NEVER survive the long haul.

1 person likes this

Posted

i meant they come to my spot. I say "Please leave, spots taken." and they don't that's the problem. I understand it's not "my" spot, but out of respect let me grind, sorry you wasnt the first bird at the worm. 

1. You sound exactly like one of the dicks I'm referring too. Me being the Original person there it's kind of dickish for some one to come and contest it. I don't understand the logic behind it. You (the intruder) is doing nothing more but causing conflict for someone else and manipulating a system  knowing the person grinding there can't PK you more than 5 times because they would truly be the one hurting. HOW ARE YOU OK WITH SUCH SHITTY BEHAVIOR?  To literally come and impose on someone you don't een know, ause discord and conflict, all because you want to farm there is so messed up. 

2. You (the intruder) ran/rode your ass here, so you can run/ride your ass to another spot or switch channels like you said there is several. Why continue to impose? Oh I forgot the ----- nature and the compensating for small parts. 

So an AFK fisherman is intruding on your mobs? Okay.... Not sure how that works, I guess they had a really powerful fishing rod!

Here's the deal, the mobs DO NOT belong to you, me or Fred down the street. All I have pointed out is that there are other options than PKing some random nobody. And please don't lie and pretend that you ran up to your favorite grind spot, saw someone there and said oh gosh someone is already here I guess I gotta leave. We both know you don't do that so stop with the "intruder" nonsense. Now you NEVER have to PK another random player. You are never forced to do this, it's just something you like to do. So swallow the karma loss like a man instead of sobbing like a toddler.

Bottom line the game has ALWAYS had the karma system for PKing a random nobody and all versions of the game removed the EXP loss for the PKed player. You can't fight against the current so you might as well go along with it. If you can't handle the karma system this may not be the game for you.

4 people like this

Posted

You actually explain in there why the system was flawed before. It's always gonna be the higher level and better gear that win a fight in this game. So no new player would ever get a chance to level up because they would be locked out of "owned" spots. The person controlling the spot would always be higher level and better geared anyway, and because they could control the spot nobody would ever close the gap let alone catch up. I know there a lot of players saying "Exactly what I want, thanks" but games that cater to this NEVER survive the long haul.

"No new player would ever get a chance to level up"

Um, what? That isn't a PVP balance issue, that's a "the -----ing higher level zones don't give good enough rewards to justify moving on" issue.

Not to mention anyone with half a brain should be at least full +12 before even thinking of entering areas "high level players" go to (ie sausans), simply cause they're going to have a hard ass time with the mobs there if they aren't that geared.

It doesn't even take a week to get that plussed up either. I have a newb who's been playing for just over a week and he's almost full +15 - not because he's a no-lifer, but because he's efficient with his time.

New players (and some vets) seriously need to learn that if they simply put in the effort that the gear will be theirs before they even realize it's happened, not have excuses made for their laziness and lack of drive. If they want to pick flowers, that's fine and dandy, but if they think they should be able to catch up to and keep up with the more hardcore players that way then... well. I don't have ToS acceptable words for them.

Posted

"No new player would ever get a chance to level up"

Um, what? That isn't a PVP balance issue, that's a "the -----ing higher level zones don't give good enough rewards to justify moving on" issue.

Not to mention anyone with half a brain should be at least full +12 before even thinking of entering areas "high level players" go to (ie sausans), simply cause they're going to have a hard ass time with the mobs there if they aren't that geared.

It doesn't even take a week to get that plussed up either. I have a newb who's been playing for just over a week and he's almost full +15 - not because he's a no-lifer, but because he's efficient with his time.

New players (and some vets) seriously need to learn that if they simply put in the effort that the gear will be theirs before they even realize it's happened, not have excuses made for their laziness and lack of drive. If they want to pick flowers, that's fine and dandy, but if they think they should be able to catch up to and keep up with the more hardcore players that way then... well. I don't have ToS acceptable words for them.

If you don't understand my point, then I totally get why you think the current state of penalties and karma sux.

Posted

If you don't understand my point, then I totally get why you think the current state of penalties and karma sux.

GJ putting words in my mouth.

This is the part where I throw my head back and laugh.

Posted

In this case from your perspective he is a -----, especially if he is not strong enough to beat you in PvP.

From his perspective, you are the -----; who is trying to bully him out of grinding options by sheer stats.

Player retention; they do not give a shit if you feel offended that you can not bully players out of what you claim to be yours in an open world. They care about player retention rates.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like it just the way it is so that bullies can't come along and pk me to get my grind spot because I'll just keep coming back.

Posted

The problem with "Please Leave spot's taken" Its usually from a player that comes out from vision range. How do I know they were actually there first.

Posted (edited)

---

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted (edited)

DELETED

Edited by PierrePiarre

Posted

Once upon a time there was a game called BDO. In this game of BDO it had a rule that said if you PKed someone you lost karma and risked going red, losing crystals etc... This was put in place because Pking someone is considered by the game an outlaw behavior to be punished. The killer is punished not the victim of the "crime" therefore the 1% Exp loss on PK death was removed if the PKed player had positive karma on every single version of the game. This is an incentive to remain in positive karma and not go off on a random PKing spree. This helped retention rates and lead to more sales. Intelligent players were able to easily grasp this simple concept.

The End

3 people like this

Posted

Unable to prove anything I said to be incorrect? The stupidity is your own.

Classic

So now tell me, you typical forum genius

What does someone stepping into someone else's grind spot do ?

That's right, they compete. Unbelievable right ? They compete so they subject themselves to competition mechanics. Since apparently going for competition is bad, then why aren't they the first to move up someplace else ? Don't THEY have other options ? They chose to stay, they chose by themselves to expose themselves to PK mechanics, they shouldn't be rewarded for failing to defend themselves. Oh, I know it's pointless to argue with your kind, don't bother really. Just pointing at how stupid these arguments are, i'm wasting words on that thick skull of yours.

In your small little world of victims and bad, bad agressors stickers you slap on whoever's forhead you damn well please as long as it suits your tunnel vision'd reasonning the best you can.

All aboard the Katwagon, shoo shoo.

Typical, useless, and unfortunately a fine example of why Karma, PK, and overall OWPvP is in decay.

Posted

Classic

So now tell me, you typical forum genius

What does someone stepping into someone else's grind spot do ?

That's right, they compete. Unbelievable right ? They compete so they subject themselves to competition mechanics. Since apparently going for competition is bad, then why aren't they the first to move up someplace else ? Don't THEY have other options ? They chose to stay, they chose by themselves to expose themselves to PK mechanics, they shouldn't be rewarded for failing to defend themselves. Oh, I know it's pointless to argue with your kind, don't bother really. Just pointing at how stupid these arguments are, i'm wasting words on that thick skull of yours.

In your small little world of victims and bad, bad agressors stickers you slap on whoever's forhead you damn well please as long as it suits your tunnel vision'd reasonning the best you can.

All aboard the Katwagon, shoo shoo.

Typical, useless, and unfortunately a fine example of why Karma, PK, and overall OWPvP is in decay.

You're not offering a very reasonable argument. You're just being confrontational.

The developers have made their choices based on the best interests of the game's future. If you don't like the choice, perhaps you really should play something that better suits you.

2 people like this