• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

@EDAN -"There's no one left to recruit?"

47 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Our small guild of 40 some odd players has had a really hard time finding recruits since Valencia patch launched. Since then we've noticed far more quit, sell their accounts or just vanish compared to the number of people who were always asking to join. 

I spoke with 4 other friends in guilds of which were Hostile, Gravity, ManUp, Havoc who have all told me its the same thing happening with them and if it wasn't for guilds that collapsed and merged into theirs they would be screwed. It's like gathering and digging killed this game plus Daum's broken promise that PRI DUO TRI+ wouldn't scale the same in NA as it does KR. I don't know what the exact reasons are but all I know is that it doesn't seem like there are new players coming and existing players are just shuffling around between guilds.

Anyone else willing to share their experience with finding new recruits? ...BTW I mean recruits that are level 56 and higher with advanced gear capable of sieging. Its pretty dead out there.

Edited by Symbiotic

Posted

Our guild is trying a more direct approach with recruitment. We're mainly trying to reach out to other guilds we've declared war on to see if they want to put the rival bullshit behind us and just merge so we can scale up for larger wars. Even if we just have a meeting with the officers of these guilds and they say "not interested" at least they gave us a chance to hear us out and see what we can offer. It still tough but its a lot better then spamming recruitment messages all day in chat.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Merges have definitely helped my guild lately, as well as changing our recruitment stance into bringing fresh players who may be under geared.

we only accept one or two at a time, and kick them as soon as they're inactive but it seems to be the only way to grow numbers besides the occasional equal geared players shuffling from guild to guild. 

A recent small guild gained numbers solely thru taking fresh 50s and boosting them during xp weekend and now they have about 30 new members who are moderately geared. 

Edited by Pleazure

Posted

sounds like your req are to high to begin with 

Posted (edited)

Problem is the 3 month curve new players are behind prevents them from hitting the gear recruitments. Even if they do grind 56 they lack the knowledge to gear quickly...

This is the first MMO I've played in a long time that started with a 100 member guild cap so it seems far more noticeable when people quit every day or every couple of days when you are constantly doing node wars. Maybe this is why its felt more, like in archeage at launch we had 200 member guilds and if someone went MIA for 10 days it wasn't a big deal.

There are also a lot of competitive guilds on Edan and none really stand out in particular. Most of the top 5 guilds are pretty interchangeable right now. The node war system in this game is actually pretty bad. 100 member cap but most guilds aren't pulling more than 60 right now because even if you manage to stay around 90, encouraging them all to log in can be hard at times.

Actually I think the biggest flaw and most damaging this game has is the 100 member caps and limited servers. This one single design point meant there were 1000's of guilds at launch on every server. I don't know about most people, but one of the most discouraging things that can happen in an mmo is your guild dying. This entire system only accelerates the games death. Now we are stuck with 100 dying guilds that can't recruit when there should really only be 50 with a couple huge community guilds.

Another issue is the accelerated content patches we have been getting. I would be perfectly fine with them basically handing out free sets of +15 grunil and +15 yuria weapons to new players at this point. That's how far ahead the high end guilds are at this point. That a +15 set wouldn't even come close to balancing out the playing field still.

Edited by Greggy
5 people like this

Posted

I agree. I recall ArcheAge doing the same thing and the game went to hell shortly after.

I don't understand the reasoning behind 100 person limit when you are going to need a lot more than that to have the proper numbers for Siege Warfare. If the game is expecting guilds to form alliances because of the low number of players allowed on guild tags then why is it that there isn't an Alliance system in place to avoid Friendly Fire and to allow for easy communication in an 'alliance chat'?

There are some really easy changes PA could impement to make this game more enjoyable. By only allowing 100 people on the guild tag it forces all members to be way more active than normally required and never really have a break. That just burns people out and it's no wonder that recruiting has become difficult for any guild that is pushing endgame content.

Posted

As it stands, Daum is in such a rush to catch up with a full 2 years of content in Korea and took such a blow from cheating and DDOSing running pretty rampant in NA that it's hard to fix all of the relatively minor issues that have just stacked up to make the game experience pretty lack-luster. Servers are weak (certainly way too -----ing weak for an action combat) there are balance issues, there are not nearly enough catch up mechanics, the gear scale is harsh and the RNG is harsher, information isn't nearly as available as it should be, there is always at least one UI error, one of which I can think of has been around for months now. Add to that all the assholes that are willing to sacrifice hours of their time just to try and drag people down with them and you have a pretty unsatisfying experience.

2 people like this

Posted

I agree. I recall ArcheAge doing the same thing and the game went to hell shortly after.

I don't understand the reasoning behind 100 person limit when you are going to need a lot more than that to have the proper numbers for Siege Warfare. If the game is expecting guilds to form alliances because of the low number of players allowed on guild tags then why is it that there isn't an Alliance system in place to avoid Friendly Fire and to allow for easy communication in an 'alliance chat'?

There are some really easy changes PA could impement to make this game more enjoyable. By only allowing 100 people on the guild tag it forces all members to be way more active than normally required and never really have a break. That just burns people out and it's no wonder that recruiting has become difficult for any guild that is pushing endgame content.

I guess it depends on how fast you want to get to the top which is pretty easy when you the first out the gate. However, it way harder to stay on the top. I don't think allowing more that 100 players will change much in the long run as far as guild enjoyment. I think Devs/Pubs should work on content that is more toward guild  unity. Missions or something that a guild has to do in order to move forward.  Missions or something only a guild can do and can not be soloed or done with a small party. I think there should be more of that.

Posted

I think thats what the naval combat is going to address.

About the server issues yes I agree totally... the service right is far too weak for what is required for a game of this size.

Posted

Content is coming out too fast. Only the bucket sitters can keep up.

Server merge on the horizon.

2 people like this

Posted

I actually don't even have a guild yet haha. Haven't bothered looking into it, tho I guess it is a pretty important aspect of the game :P

Posted

The last thing Edan needs is a huge multi-guild super alliance... are you kidding me.. that breaks games and defeats the purpose of PvP

I know this topic was created back in July when the situation was different. Tbh nowadays the gear gap is not that huge. Most people who try to PvP sit at 160-170ap with TRI Grunil. Then those who try a little harder get to 190-ish AP (very easy with steel dagger/highap offhand)...

The only disparity is between the 190-ap's and those pushing beyond 200... only 1 person on Edan has over 230ap that actively plays...

Thing is guilds need to stop being friendly. making alliences and all that stupidness defeats the purpose of pvp. just pvp and kill

Posted

It's not that hard to get people but its hard to get solid players. Pretty EZ to get fodder in your guild but lets be real thats not helping much. Even less if they don't shoe up to nodes. qq :>

Posted (edited)

meh. i think too many guilds are asking for higher gear than is really needed. 400 gs is pretty average and you'd get tons of players, but most of the "top" ones want 450+ which isnt really reasonable unless you have really good RNG

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted

someone with 400gs can't compete with someone in the 450+ range

Thats why the top guilds want geared people, otherwise its a potato stompfest 

Posted

48a2d05780.jpg

Big guilds are no fun ^^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

depends on how the 400 is spread out. Lets put it like this: Full tri armor/offhand (no accessories) is a score of 370-396 (give or take a bit depending on what gear types of armor and if what offhand). so that means someone needs 80-54 points from accessories alone. full pri (witch/mos/tree) and tri bares neck = 45. full duo (tri baes) would be 55. full tri would be 65. 

Now unless you have some tets, or making ur GS higher with useless crap like red coral (or ogre ring instead of manos) then seriously 450 is kinda pushing it.  I mean take a ranger for example (without bhegs) you should be running bronze dagger, but steel dagger is 21 more ap at tri than bronze. but bronze does way more damage. So you got rangers doing shit damage to meet your gear score req but doesn't do as much damage as one 21 points lower. This is the same for a couple other classes as well.

I just think it's unreasonable to what more players that need to have several tet peices to join your guild when the game is dying more and more ever day. 

Want a large guild? lower your standards closer to average. Hell even accepting 430 instead of 450 would really open the doors and 20 points aint sh*t. 

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted

Thats not why though.

There are a lot of players that want to be in "top guilds". The funny thing is, those same players who want to be in top guilds aren't even in good gear. To top it off, They will CRY when people are killing them in their grind spots. 

You need people who wont cry because they are losing in PVP while grinding. Those kind of quality/thick skinned players dont exist so another guild probably wont pop up. They're all taken.Best bet is to wait for this game to go F2P and absorb the newb comers.

Posted (edited)

depends on how the 400 is spread out. Lets put it like this: Full tri armor/offhand (no accessories) is a score of 370-396 (give or take a bit depending on what gear types of armor and if what offhand). so that means someone needs 80-54 points from accessories alone. full pri (witch/mos/tree) and tri bares neck = 45. full duo (tri baes) would be 55. full tri would be 65. 
Now unless you have some tets, or making ur GS higher with useless crap like red coral (or ogre ring instead of manos) then seriously 450 is kinda pushing it.  I mean take a ranger for example (without bhegs) you should be running bronze dagger, but steel dagger is 21 more ap at tri than bronze. but bronze does way more damage. So you got rangers doing shit damage to meet your gear score req but doesn't do as much damage as one 21 points lower. This is the same for a couple other classes as well.

I just think it's unreasonable to what more players that need to have several tet peices to join your guild when the game is dying more and more ever day. 

Want a large guild? lower your standards closer to average. Hell even accepting 430 instead of 450 would really open the doors and 20 points aint sh*t. 

I think gravity has the highest requirements with 440 and most of the other top guilds take anyone around 400. Your numbers are a little exaggerated...

Just read my post from july in this thread... At this point they might as well start giving brand new players a piece of boss gear every month as well. LOL

Edited by Greggy

Posted

I think gravity has the highest requirements with 440 and most of the other top guilds take anyone around 400. Your numbers are a little exaggerated...

Just read my post from july in this thread... At this point they might as well start giving brand new players a piece of boss gear every month as well. LOL

I really don't think they are exaggerated because i've been looking for a guild for the past couple days. 

Posted

Why is it the responsibility of the player to compensate for bad business policy? Isn't that in itself a bad business policy?

Posted (edited)

48a2d05780.jpg

Big guilds are no fun ^^

oh look dedface guild send threat of two day ban to people who they want to take over farm from and fail 

Edited by Scapecootie

Posted

Not everyone can make every siege/ node wars , that along will turn down some hardcore players who still have a job and work.  Currently sitting at 186/281 Valkyrie , Been wanted to join a top guild but I can't guarantee to make to every single siege . That along make me stay in a smaller guild. Wish top guild will look for more active player instead of focus so much on node war 

Posted

Not everyone can make every siege/ node wars , that along will turn down some hardcore players who still have a job and work.  Currently sitting at 186/281 Valkyrie , Been wanted to join a top guild but I can't guarantee to make to every single siege . That along make me stay in a smaller guild. Wish top guild will look for more active player instead of focus so much on node war 

Node war and territory war is the endgame for most guilds. Without that, this game is just item collection

Posted

Node war and territory war is the endgame for most guilds. Without that, this game is just item collection

I agree with you, but I doubt any top guild will have 100/100 turn out. It will be more like 70/100 show up rate