• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Subscription pricing~

Prices for subscription   248 votes

1. 1. What do you think is a reasonable subscription price?

• £5
    • £10
    • £15
    • £20

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

144 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm just curious, but as a community or as players what do you think is a good 30 day subscription price providing it gives you access to the whole game and all everything within the game is free after said payment. 

Just a little trivia~

£5 = $6.50/€5.90 

Pound prices from 3 regions are pretty close atm since brexit so I'm going to basically use pound for the little survey.

Please answer honestly :^)

EDIT

This is not a questionnaire to make BDO Pay 2 play. This is a questionnaire simply talking about what you would pay, in your eyes a perfect Pay 2 play game having all the features you want. All you need to do is pick a reasonable monthly price (*reasonable monthly price for yourself) for playing the game you like. 

Edited by Berlioz

Posted

$0

If I wanted a sub model I would play a sub game.

35 people like this

Posted (edited)

$0

That's good~! If I wanted a sub model I would pay for a sub game too! 

Edited by Berlioz
3 people like this

Posted

Didn't see zero on the poll.

It is zero now. It should always be zero.

I say this as someone who loves this game.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Didn't see zero on the poll.

It is zero now. It should always be zero.

I say this as someone who loves this game.

$0

Guys guys, literally everything is in the first sentence. "Curious" "as a community" 

Not, "guys lets make black desert online pay 2 play, what do you think are reasonable prices from the list below".

Im gathering data for something far more important than something as trivial as "making black desert pay 2 play". Even though a old poll did ask pearl abyss to make the game p2p. They have to fight for it and they settled with b2p.

Edited by Berlioz

Posted (edited)

Guys guys, literally everything is in the first sentence. "Curious" "as a community" 

Not, "guys lets make black desert online pay 2 play, what do you think are reasonable prices from the list below".

You're not understanding me at least.

I don't think any sub price is reasonable. That's my answer.

I don't want everything to be free, I prefer f2p or b2p with things I can purchase, that are permanent.

Edited by bakimono
1 person likes this

Posted

And yet another Con value pack thread. I would pay get the value pack even if they wanted 3,000 pearls for it instead of the 1,500 they ask now. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You're not understanding me at least.
I don't think any sub price is reasonable. That's my answer.

I don't want everything to be free, I prefer f2p or b2p with things I can purchase, that are permanent.

That defeats the purpose of my question which is "what do you think is a reasonable subscription price?"

If I had £0 then I should've asked what would you pay for a game. And a sub question if it should be p2p, f2p and b2p.

Posted (edited)

That defeats the purpose of my question which is "what do you think is a reasonable subscription price?"

If I had £0 then I should've asked what would you pay for a game. And a sub question if it should be p2p, f2p and b2p.

But I gave you an answer.

No sub means I can pay as much as I feel my experience was worth.

It means no pressure to play if I feel like doing or playing something else.

It means no thinking if I really want to play next month, or if I want to play a whole month to start playing again.

It means never accidentally paying something I forgot to cancel...

So $0.00 is what I think is a reasonable subscription price.

I play games for fun not because I want something else to micromanage or another financial commitment up front.

Edited by bakimono
8 people like this

Posted

And yet another Con value pack thread. I would pay get the value pack even if they wanted 3,000 pearls for it instead of the 1,500 they ask now. 

Well... Obviously? That's you. You can't measure personal value. Hence why kick starters and crowd funding for items that some people just see no use for do so well. I'd easily pay £100-200 for a Armored core figma of Supplice made in metal, yet I doubt you would for such a toy. 

But I gave you an answer.
No sub means I can pay as much as I feel my experience was worth.

It means no pressure to play if I feel like doing or playing something else.

It means no thinking if I really want to play next month, or if I want to play a whole month to start playing again.

It means never accidentally paying something I forgot to cancel...

So $0.00 is what I think is a reasonable subscription price.

Dude I think your brain just farted. 

If a products subscription is £0 then it's a free to play. 

Though this question has nothing to do with your experience nor does it have anything to do if you feel inclined to not play the game anymore. Simply, what is a fair subscription price. If a fair subscription price is nothing. It defeats the purpose of the question. It would make more sense if  I said what is a fair price for online only model games. 

Posted

For a P2W game like BDO, there shouldn't be a sub.

Posted

I voted 15, I support the game gladly.

2 people like this

Posted

$9.99 (1 month)

$7.99 x 3 (3 months)

$5.99 x 12 (Yearly)

5 people like this

Posted

$9.99 (1 month)

$7.99 x 3 (3 months)

$5.99 x 12 (Yearly)

Oh this is a little more interesting and a bit more in depth, thanks for the contribute~ 

1 person likes this

Posted

If it was Sub I would say 10£ for 1month, 3 months 7£ each a full year at 5£ a month. 

However I honestly feel the game is best off being Buy to Play with optional cash shop as it is now.

Posted

For a P2W game like BDO, there shouldn't be a sub.

What P2W? I fail to see any boss gears in the pearl shop let alone valk tears so this game isent p2w.

3 people like this

Posted

I always preferred subscription games, had no choice though with BDO.

about 10£ monthly sounds fair - and as you mentioned, all included: no cash shop at all, everything achievable ingame.

1 person likes this

Posted

Im gathering data for something far more important than something as trivial as "making black desert pay 2 play". Even though a old poll did ask pearl abyss to make the game p2p. They have to fight for it and they settled with b2p.

Ok. If everything with a functional (read: not cosmetic) impact from cash shop was achievable in game and not available for cash then I'd happily pay anywhere between $10-20 a month.

Posted

10$ because I know how to compromise.

Also *waves* Hello fellow AC4 fan. : ^ )

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

its B2P model why would you want us to pay monthly after that... additional charges should only be related to perks and some costume items

Edited by Rvyne

Posted

$10 a month would be nice, although I happily pay $15. 

I liked the idea that someone proposed of long term payment plans with cheaper per month prices. 

$9.99 (1 month)

$7.99 x 3 (3 months)

$5.99 x 12 (Yearly)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'd pretty much pay what was asked because I like the game. I don't like a forced sub because I am more likely to stop playing if I don't feel like I will get the value for the month. I feel like if I don't log in everyday i'm losing money.

Edited by Desado

Posted

It was advertised and sold as B2P.

Posted

You alraedy have the full game with no subscription u noob

1 person likes this

Posted

The P2W item like value pack make from it practically sub based game.

1 person likes this