• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Subscription pricing~

Prices for subscription   248 votes

1. 1. What do you think is a reasonable subscription price?

• £5
    • £10
    • £15
    • £20

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

144 posts in this topic

Posted

It is not optional. It is pure P2W item, buy it or you are screwed in gear race. Without it it is possible to log in, but play like this does not make sense.

Ok, I can argue all day and it won't make a difference. So I'll concede, it's P2W.

SO WHAT?

So are all the other games out there. There is always something in the cash shop that gives an advantage. If it didn't there wouldn't be any point in buying it. At least for me anyway. If a costume doesn't have some type of bonus on it, I'm not buying it. Period!

Now to address your statement directly, IT IS OPTIONAL!  The word "optional" means you have a choice. Your game was the same "before" the Value Pack was put in. And if you choose NOT to buy it, then your game will stay the same also. If you "optionally" choose to buy it, your game will become better.

The "Choice" or "Option" is completely yours! With a Subscription, it is not. 

Right sentiment, but you've aimed it at the wrong person in this conversation.
What you've said where I quoted before is unadulterated bullshit.

If a sub is not optional you cannot play without it.

Getting 85% of your AH sales instead of 65% is an advantage but it's not even remotely gamebreaking nor is it p2w, it still takes effort and planning on your part and it has a hard cap.

It's the same problem where people tried to claim valks crys are just as bad... with valks crys you can pay over and over and over and over and over to get that advantage and someone who spends 1k will have a massive advantage over someone who doesn't pay whereas the $15 sub is static... it's $15 or 0. You cannot repeatedly get that advantage by dumping more and more money into the system outside of simply extending the time of your sub.

Pure p2w is when you can just buy tri kzarkas from the store, or even better yet a tri weapon that you cannot get anywhere but the cash shop that is objectively superior to anything obtainable otherwise.

Exactly! I forgot all about that. The people here don't understand what P2W really is. Nothing here in BDO is really P2W.

I played EQ2 for over 8 years and it was a $15 a month sub. I HAD to pay 2 play. I also had to buy the game for $60. I also had to buy the expansion packs EVERY year for about $45 each. Then there was the cash shop where we bought items to enhance game play such as +exp, +stats, extra health, etc.

Was all that P2W . . . .no! 

However, at the time, the level Cap was 50 and they did something that a lot of people didn't like and started complaining about. They added a cash shop item that ADVANCES  ANY  CHARACTER  TO  LEVEL  CAP. Permanently!  It was $50. And they sold LOTS of them.

THIS is P2W.  Not what we have here.

Posted (edited)

I'm not salty at all, but you sure seem to be.
It's not that I don't know how to answer the question, I gave a very clear very concise answer.

The other irrelevant things that came up in conversation were because of things you yourself said, and I responded to.

You've gone deep down the rabbit hole of ad homs because you have such a poor argument as to why my answer is irrelevant that you're forced to attack my character and you have for quite some time even before I laughed at you for calling me stupid with a very obvious and stupid mistake.

It's not that I'm having a lack of knowledge, it's that you don't understand how what you've said is wrong and seem to think your ignorance is somehow more valid, which is exactly why I keep saying stay in school, because you're at the age that you don't understand what you are talking about but think you do anyways.

I do not think the world revolves around me by any means.

Again, you don't even pay attention to what you, yourself, say and then act like I am coming out of nowhere when I *literally* respond to what you say directly.

Just because you assert that people use a word just to sound verbose doesn't make it true.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/harping

It's an idiom. It's not even a particularly uncommon one, and as I said the fact that you've denigrated me because I have a vocabulary really just speaks to you being of low intelligence.

So, as I keep saying, stay in school because you need it.

Dude... 

"Just because you assert that people use a word just to sound verbose doesn't make it true". Okay? I mean that's why we have the word infer... Just like you were doing you hypocrite. 

"Again you don't even pay attention to what you, yourself say and then act like i am coming out of nowhere when i literally respond to what u said directly". I know, a reasonable subscription price = £0 :^)

"very clear and concise answer" Reasonable subscription price = £0 :^)

"The other irrelevant things..." Was in reference to Mikroman. Not you. I quoted two people when messaging you. There was meaning in why i said the world doesn't revolve around you. 

"It's an idiom. It's not even a particularly uncommon one, and as i said the fact that you've denigrated me because i have a vocabulary really just speaks to you being of low intelligence". Don't care if its a idiom. Just like the word "Like" being spammed for comparisons, seeing the word multiple times just ticks me off. It's like a gag reflex don't mind it. Though i pains me... How the hell do you think a idiom only consists of one word x)? A idiom specifically is a sentence, an old saying of sort. Actually no its a group of words which carries a meaning. It isn't even a sentence. I didn't say anything about your choice of using the word "Harp" as a idiom because i thought you was trolling but wtf man... Are you serious... Even in the video you linked it explains the word harp and the idiom it is used in. 

Well whatevs tell me how right you are oh self righteous one :^)

Need to add zero as an option for the pole to work. As this game is a no subscription game.

This poll isn't for Black desert. Its a general idea of what you would pay for a subscription game. Provided it gives you all features unlocked as long as you keep paying the monthly fee. 

Edited by Berlioz

Posted

$0

If I wanted a sub model I would play a sub game.

if I wanted a b2p game I'd play Guild Wars or ESO. Not what Black Desert pretends to be.

Posted

Dude... 

"Just because you assert that people use a word just to sound verbose doesn't make it true". Okay? I mean that's why we have the word infer... Just like you were doing you hypocrite. 

And what does the word "infer" mean? 

Also, do explain how I am being a hypocrite.

"Again you don't even pay attention to what you, yourself say and then act like i am coming out of nowhere when i literally respond to what u said directly". I know, a reasonable subscription price = £0 :^)

"very clear and concise answer" Reasonable subscription price = £0 :^) 

And yet, for some reason, you had a really difficult time grasping that even after I explained the reasoning behind it.

"The other irrelevant things..." Was in reference to Mikroman. Not you. I quoted two people when messaging you. There was meaning in why i said the world doesn't revolve around you. 

And like I keep telling you... You say things and then forget you even said them. Just look through this thread, press ctrl+f and enter the word irrelevant and notice how often you use it in response to things I've said.

Anyways, i don't understand how damn salty one can get. Literally the world doesn't revolve around you. You aren't the centre of attention. Read this line, "'s a rather old and common idiom... But it's cute that people like you think that someone actually having a decent vocabulary in the language they speak is some kind of character flaw... Pretty telling." t yo

Do explain how I was responding to another quote to another user.

"It's an idiom. It's not even a particularly uncommon one, and as i said the fact that you've denigrated me because i have a vocabulary really just speaks to you being of low intelligence". Don't care if its a idiom. Just like the word "Like" being spammed for comparisons, seeing the word multiple times just ticks me off. It's like a gag reflex don't mind it. Though i pains me... How the hell do you think a idiom only consists of one word x)? A idiom specifically is a sentence, an old saying of sort. Actually no its a group of words which carries a meaning. It isn't even a sentence. I didn't say anything about your choice of using the word "Harp" as a idiom because i thought you was trolling but wtf man... Are you serious... Even in the video you linked it explains the word harp and the idiom it is used in. 

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/harping

You're right, it does explain how what I've said was an idiom...

harp on someone or something

Fig. to keep talking or complaining about someone or something; to refer to someone or something again and again. Iwish you would quit harping on Jeff all the time. He couldn't be all that bad. Stop harping on my mistakes and work onyour own."

BTW, I used the word "Harping" twice, and both times followed by the word "on" and then the object I was referencing.

I didn't think I needed to explicitly explain that I was referencing what I actually said vs just the word "harping" by itself but... I should have known better all things considered.

I suppose I should start throwing a temper tantrum over the words you use more than once.

So , again, you have no real retort to anything I've said other than doing everything you can to insult either my character or intelligence because you do nothing but act like no sub = free.

Stay in school.

1 person likes this

Posted

premium sub = $15

regular access sub = $10

that said, I much prefer optional premium subs, even if they're more pricey.

Posted

if I wanted a b2p game I'd play Guild Wars or ESO. Not what Black Desert pretends to be.

BDO is still a b2p game.

Feel free to argue it's not, you don't have to do anything but buy the base package to actually play.

Posted (edited)

Snip

infer
ɪnˈfəː/
verb

1. deduce or conclude (something) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements.
    "from these facts we can infer that crime has been increasing"
    synonyms:deducereason, work out, conclude, come to the conclusion, draw the inference, conjecturesurmisetheorizehypothesizeMore

Quote by you being a hypocrite. 

"And while I did harp on your grammar mistake, you quoted a damned wall of text that broke down your comments point for point... So I had plenty to say and I pointed out you made yourself look stupid by making a boneheaded error while trying to call me stupid, you basically backed that up by doubling down on it."

But when you write a whole wall of text its okay. Not to mention to insult ones character by saying :^) "stay in school" when you clearly don't know what infer means nor do you know how to use a idiom. But whatever we never saw that and it never happened. 

"And yet, for some reason, you had a really difficult time grasping that even after I explained the reasoning behind it."

I know the reasoning behind it. I don't want your reasoning behind it. I want to know what you would pay for a subscription. Not why you won't pay for a subscription. See, two completely different questions. "It's apples and oranges". 

"You're right, it does explain how what I've said was an idiom..."

If you've done English literature and if you did watch the video then you would know what you said wasn't a idiom x). You don't just make up a idiom by saying: 

"harping on the question"

An idiom is a saying that has a meaning everyone knows despite the words stating otherwise. "Harping on the question" literally says what it means. Literally if you're trolling stop. It's not even funny anymore. 

idiom
ˈɪdɪəm/
noun

1. 1.
    a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words (e.g. over the moonsee the light )

Your quote directly. 

Fig. to keep talking or complaining about someone or something; to refer to someone or something again and again. Iwish you would quit harping on Jeff all the time. He couldn't be all that bad. Stop harping on my mistakes and work onyour own."

To harp = write persistently. On someone or something. e.g writing persistently on the question. 

Harping on the question. The words explicitly tell you the meaning. Unlike "Harp on the same string" which is a delightful play on words and much more ominous and holds deeper meaning. If we tried to figure out the meaning of this sentence it literally translates, to write tediously on a string or play the string or e.g a harp. See the difference between yours? 

"So , again, you have no real retort to anything I've said other than doing everything you can to insult either my character or intelligence because you do nothing but act like no sub = free.

Yeah because a game doesn't have a subscription, in my question the game is then free. (Remember we never stated b2p. Only what you would pay for a pay 2 play game). Which is what i've been telling you from the start but you're too dense to figure that out though...

" insult either my character or intelligence because you do nothing but act like no sub = free.

Here's you being a hypocrite again XD. When you literally started the insults with your "stay in school" remarks because you don't want to be proven wrong. You didn't say it even once. You just kept saying it. Literally the topic derailed simply because you saw a mistake in my grammar. You don't even care about the question being said. I even pointed out i don't care about your personality multiple times but ofc i'm making fun of it. 

Whatever anyways, your personality is shit and your ego is too. There. Now i'm shitting on your personality. And now make sure you point that out. Make sure you put it in bold text.

Though, man i need to go US badly... I feel like i could reach the top 1% if this is all there is. Oh wait the 1% job sector is filled with people that aren't from your country :^). 

Edited by Berlioz

Posted

this always cracks me up. 
ESO has a sub. If you want all the DLC content without paying for each piece of it you have to stay perma subbed, and it also has a cash shop but ppl still point to ESO as if it's more of a real "b2p" title than BDO which does not lock it's content behind "DLC" packages. 
Sit down. 

Dude, you're a saint~

Posted (edited)

infer
ɪnˈfəː/
verb

1. deduce or conclude (something) from evidence and reasoning rather than from explicit statements.
    "from these facts we can infer that crime has been increasing"
    synonyms:deducereason, work out, conclude, come to the conclusion, draw the inference, conjecturesurmisetheorizehypothesizeMore

Right, which means it's a conclusion you came to. You can infer incorrectly.

Quote by you being a hypocrite. 

"And while I did harp on your grammar mistake, you quoted a damned wall of text that broke down your comments point for point... So I had plenty to say and I pointed out you made yourself look stupid by making a boneheaded error while trying to call me stupid, you basically backed that up by doubling down on it."

But when you write a whole wall of text its okay. Not to mention to insult ones character by saying :^) "stay in school" when you clearly don't know what infer means nor do you know how to use a idiom. But whatever we never saw that and it never happened. 

That doesn't demonstrate hypocrisy... 

Also, when I asked you what it means when you infer it wasn't because I don't understand what infer means; look up what a rhetorical question is.

I keep saying stay in school because you keep demonstrating you're an idiot.

I know the reasoning behind it. I don't want your reasoning behind it. I want to know what you would pay for a subscription. Not why you won't pay for a subscription. See, two completely different questions. "It's apples and oranges". 

I didn't give you my reasoning behind it till you kept asking why I said what I said.

I immediately gave you the response to what I would pay for a subscription... 0.

"You're right, it does explain how what I've said was an idiom..."

If you've done English literature and if you did watch the video then you would know what you said wasn't a idiom x). You don't just make up a idiom by saying: 

"harping on the question"

An idiom is a saying that has a meaning everyone knows despite the words stating otherwise. "Harping on the question" literally says what it means. Literally if you're trolling stop. It's not even funny anymore. 

idiom
ˈɪdɪəm/
noun

1. 1.
    a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words (e.g. over the moonsee the light )

Your quote directly. 

To harp = write persistently. On someone or something. e.g writing persistently on the question. 

Harping on the question. The words explicitly tell you the meaning. Unlike "Harp on the same string" which is a delightful play on words and much more ominous and holds deeper meaning. If we tried to figure out the meaning of this sentence it literally translates, to write tediously on a string or play the string or e.g a harp. See the difference between yours? 

"harp on (insert thing here)" is literally the example they use for the idiom. You could at least read before you point to it jumping up and down acting like it says something contrary... IT'S THE EXAMPLE THEY USE AS IT BEING AN IDIOM. 

Your appeal to definition is really cute, but you ignored:

" to keep talking or complaining about someone or something; to refer to someone or something again and again"

"So , again, you have no real retort to anything I've said other than doing everything you can to insult either my character or intelligence because you do nothing but act like no sub = free.

Yeah because a game doesn't have a subscription, in my question the game is then free. (Remember we never stated b2p. Only what you would pay for a pay 2 play game). Which is what i've been telling you from the start but you're too dense to figure that out though...

your question:

"I'm just curious, but as a community or as players what do you think is a good 30 day subscription price providing it gives you access to the whole game and all everything within the game is free after said payment. "

Where in there did you say it was only for p2p games in this question? Every p2p game also has a client cost, the only games that don't are f2p games to begin with.

And you wonder why I keep telling you to stay in school and keep telling you that you're not even paying attention to what you say?

" insult either my character or intelligence because you do nothing but act like no sub = free.

Here's you being a hypocrite again XD. When you literally started the insults with your "stay in school" remarks because you don't want to be proven wrong. You didn't say it even once. You just kept saying it. Literally the topic derailed simply because you saw a mistake in my grammar. You don't even care about the question being said. I even pointed out i don't care about your personality multiple times but ofc i'm making fun of it. 

Nope. I didn't insult your character because I couldn't make a point, I insulted your character because you keep saying a bunch of stupid stuff and thinking it's brilliant.

And like I said, I didn't insult your grammar mistake because you made a mistake. I pointed out you made an obvious grammar mistake while calling me stupid. But you continually not getting that is exactly why I keep insulting you and telling you to stay in school.

Scroll back in the conversation and find out exactly who started slinging insults, you got the ball rolling by saying I was being retarded and it all went downhill from there; because at that point I started pointing out the failures in your half-assed retorts laden with inaccuracies.

Whatever anyways, your personality is shit and your ego is too. There. Now i'm shitting on your personality. And now make sure you point that out. Make sure you put it in bold text.

POT TO KETTLE, COME IN KETTLE!

Though, man i need to go US badly... I feel like i could reach the top 1% if this is all there is. Oh wait the 1% job sector is filled with people that aren't from your country :^). 

Most people who are stupid don't really understand just how stupid they really are, but that's ok.

I'm sure you'd make a mean fry cook, I could put in a word for you at the kitchen if you like.

So yeah... stay in school.

Edited by bakimono

Posted

lol, fun topic, lots of emoshuun and grammaticatron errirs. Check yer privlige gamerz ;)

Posted (edited)

Right, which means it's a conclusion you came to. You can infer incorrectly.

That doesn't demonstrate hypocrisy... 

Also, when I asked you what it means when you infer it wasn't because I don't understand what infer means; look up what a rhetorical question is.

I keep saying stay in school because you keep demonstrating you're an idiot.

I didn't give you my reasoning behind it till you kept asking why I said what I said.

I immediately gave you the response to what I would pay for a subscription... 0.

"harp on (insert thing here)" is literally the example they use for the idiom. You could at least read before you point to it jumping up and down acting like it says something contrary... IT'S THE EXAMPLE THEY USE AS IT BEING AN IDIOM. 

Your appeal to definition is really cute, but you ignored:

" to keep talking or complaining about someone or something; to refer to someone or something again and again"

your question:

"I'm just curious, but as a community or as players what do you think is a good 30 day subscription price providing it gives you access to the whole game and all everything within the game is free after said payment. "

Where in there did you say it was only for p2p games in this question? Every p2p game also has a client cost, the only games that don't are f2p games to begin with.

And you wonder why I keep telling you to stay in school and keep telling you that you're not even paying attention to what you say?

Nope. I didn't insult your character because I couldn't make a point, I insulted your character because you keep saying a bunch of stupid stuff and thinking it's brilliant.

And like I said, I didn't insult your grammar mistake because you made a mistake. I pointed out you made an obvious grammar mistake while calling me stupid. But you continually not getting that is exactly why I keep insulting you and telling you to stay in school.

Scroll back in the conversation and find out exactly who started slinging insults, you got the ball rolling by saying I was being retarded and it all went downhill from there; because at that point I started pointing out the failures in your half-assed retorts laden with inaccuracies.

POT TO KETTLE, COME IN KETTLE!

Most people who are stupid don't really understand just how stupid they really are, but that's ok.

I'm sure you'd make a mean fry cook, I could put in a word for you at the kitchen if you like.

So yeah... stay in school.

Stop man xD this is done. You're trying way too hard. Your stupidity is bleeding out and I made sure to take screenshots of each moment to share haha.

Man this is gonna make a great collage for a signature. This is like the best feud I've ever had, a dumb person literally trying to be smart. Makes more mistakes and tries to cover it up.

Best lie and shows you're  a hypocrite is inaccuracies. But let's sc----- that under a rug. :^) in fact let's brush away Oxford dictionary meanings under the rug too. 

Anyways I'll keep replying until you learn how to answer certain questions properly. Looks like you still think the question is about "What would you pay for a subscription"

EDIT

On a side note, what did you study or what did you major in :^)? Did your teacher in your high school give you that explanation? Or is it just a genetic thing.

Edited by Berlioz

Posted

The game should just stay B2P like it was intended.

I'm rather okay with paying the $10 a month I'm already doing with the Myrth pallete. 

Which is $120 a year if you renew it each time.

I'd pretty much pay what was asked because I like the game. I don't like a forced sub because I am more likely to stop playing if I don't feel like I will get the value for the month. I feel like if I don't log in everyday i'm losing money.

Also, this. I can agree with this since my earlier years were nothing but sub-based games. The stress of not playing and that money that could've been saved for more responsible spending is then gone.

Posted

$0 should have been a choice on your poll. That's how much money I will pay for an MMO these days in terms of subs. Why? Too many premium, triple-A, MMOs out there without a sub. Daum isn't even competitive in their cash shop pricing.

* In ESO and GW2, I can buy outfits for cheaper and use them on my entire list of characters.

* Once I unlock a dye on a character in ESO and GW2 I have that color forever unlocked on my entire account to use as many times as I like.

^ I could keep going, but you get the point. There's not even opinion in there. That's just the facts. Kakao/Daum's cash shop pricing is not competitive at all here in the west and subsequently they won't get a dime from me for the things that aren't priced well. I buy other stuff, but if they think I am paying a sub on top of it they are kidding themselves.

Dye rental? HAHAHAHAHA! That's laughable. I'll play Barbie dress up simulator in a different game and enjoy my time here without unlimited dye and find a way to enjoy myself. It'll be hard but I will persevere.

Posted (edited)

$0 should have been a choice on your poll. That's how much money I will pay for an MMO these days in terms of subs. Why? Too many premium, triple-A, MMOs out there without a sub. Daum isn't even competitive in their cash shop pricing.

* In ESO and GW2, I can buy outfits for cheaper and use them on my entire list of characters.

* Once I unlock a dye on a character in ESO and GW2 I have that color forever unlocked on my entire account to use as many times as I like.

^ I could keep going, but you get the point. There's not even opinion in there. That's just the facts. Kakao/Daum's cash shop pricing is not competitive at all here in the west and subsequently they won't get a dime from me for the things that aren't priced well. I buy other stuff, but if they think I am paying a sub on top of it they are kidding themselves.

Dye rental? HAHAHAHAHA! That's laughable. I'll play Barbie dress up simulator in a different game and enjoy my time here without unlimited dye and find a way to enjoy myself. It'll be hard but I will persevere.

I'm just curious, but as a community or as players what do you think is a good 30 day subscription price providing it gives you access to the whole game and all everything within the game is free after said payment. 

First sentence of the post. 

On a side note, this has nothing to do with Black desert. Or any other game. Nor the Value pack. This is in your eyes a perfect game that you will love forever and caters to all your needs. This perfect game, what would you pay for each month? 

I made the question like this because everyone's idea of what they would pay for a games subscription price will differ. I'm putting a heavy emphasis on price because i need numbers. This game you are imagining is not B2P nor F2P because it gives the user all items in game without spending extra money outside of your subscription. 

Edited by Berlioz

Posted

OP is a moron, period.

Add an option of 1000 dollars a month, so i can laugh harder thinking that some of you would pay that for these quality potato servers and content that is free to play in other versions...

Meanwhile more and more players are going back to their previous games or korea to play. Went on holidays for a week and crafting economy is totally Fxxxed up.

No facepalm is big enough.

Posted

reasonable would depend on the quality of the game and its provider, like vanilla wow was well worth its subscription price of 15$ if not more, bdo however under the name of daum isn't even worth a 50 cent sub. 

Posted

First sentence of the post. 

On a side note, this has nothing to do with Black desert. Or any other game. Nor the Value pack. This is in your eyes a perfect game that you will love forever and caters to all your needs. This perfect game, what would you pay for each month? 

I made the question like this because everyone's idea of what they would pay for a games subscription price will differ. I'm putting a heavy emphasis on price because i need numbers. This game you are imagining is not B2P nor F2P because it gives the user all items in game without spending extra money outside of your subscription. 

You also said be honest and I was. $0 is what I would pay. When I look at all of my favorite MMOs right now, and BDO is one of them, they don't off the same value when it comes to their cash shop offerings that my other favorites offer me. They make up for it in other areas to be sure, but that doesn't mean I'd be willing to pay a dime for a sub in this game. I adore this game because it's really well made and it's engaging. They went b2p though and need to stay that way. I don't think that the value pack is p2w at all, but I do believe it is a stepping stone in them trying to head in that direction and that is disgruntling to me. If I had my druthers, I'd be able to use any costume I purchased on any character I have and they would cost me about 10-15 dollars. That's what costumes cost in other games that are b2p that are popular here in the west. BDO just isn't competitively priced comparatively. They've offered me no value in purchasing their items at the pricepoints they've settled on. It's a ripoff when you look at how much it costs for the costumes and dyes and that's just the cosmetics. Many other things on their shop aren't competitively priced either. Just my opinion, but for my wallet, my opinion is all that matters.

Posted

In all your examples, those weren't the cases at launch.

Posted

$0

But they did do a good job with merves palette. That will be like by subscription monthly because I gotta have my all black colors for my ninja. 

Posted

$14.99/month is fair.

I also prefer sub based payment games.

Posted

You also said be honest and I was. $0 is what I would pay. When I look at all of my favorite MMOs right now, and BDO is one of them, they don't off the same value when it comes to their cash shop offerings that my other favorites offer me. They make up for it in other areas to be sure, but that doesn't mean I'd be willing to pay a dime for a sub in this game. I adore this game because it's really well made and it's engaging. They went b2p though and need to stay that way. I don't think that the value pack is p2w at all, but I do believe it is a stepping stone in them trying to head in that direction and that is disgruntling to me. If I had my druthers, I'd be able to use any costume I purchased on any character I have and they would cost me about 10-15 dollars. That's what costumes cost in other games that are b2p that are popular here in the west. BDO just isn't competitively priced comparatively. They've offered me no value in purchasing their items at the pricepoints they've settled on. It's a ripoff when you look at how much it costs for the costumes and dyes and that's just the cosmetics. Many other things on their shop aren't competitively priced either. Just my opinion, but for my wallet, my opinion is all that matters.

Basically you will pay nothing for a pay 2 play game, with everything unlocked in said pay to play game? 

Also first sentence of the post. This is not in comparison to any game. This is your perfect game that you get everything unlocked in game and can be obtained all In game through hard work and the only thing you pay for is a monthly subscription price that you think is reasonable. 

The things you can obtain in game include costumes if you really need a comparison. 

Posted

I'd rather not have a sub.  Subscriptions are more likely to make me play in an addictive fashion.  I feel like if I'm not playing, I'm wasting money, which makes me play more than is healthy.  With a B2P game, I don't have to spend any more money if I don't want to, and I still have full access to the game itself.  I can walk away and never feel like I'm wasting money.

Posted

It's 0 at the moment.  We should just leave it there.  

Posted (edited)

If it had a sub $10 is what I'd pay (I say $10 because that's all I have to pay for in FFXIV due to legacy perks)
But I prefer B2P by leagues over a subscription game.

Edited by Asterotis

Posted (edited)

Edited by Karaad
1 person likes this