• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Awakened Video

88 posts in this topic

Posted

Hell...... No.

Quite the opposite . 

why your awakening is slow as balls all the great mobility ninja has currently goes out the window with their awakened weapon.  unless all you care about is looks then carry on.

Posted

why your awakening is slow as balls all the great mobility ninja has currently goes out the window with their awakened weapon.  unless all you care about is looks then carry on.

1)Ninja awakening animations have been sped up.

2) Ninja awakening has stance-switching ( not the base skills).

3) block, CC, super armor and high damage as well (iirc also has life steal but not sure).

4) I enjoy classes that switch weapons.

5) I like that it is slightly less flashy . 

Posted

1)Ninja awakening animations have been sped up.

2) Ninja awakening has stance-switching ( not the base skills).

3) block, CC, super armor and high damage as well (iirc also has life steal but not sure).

4) I enjoy classes that switch weapons.

5) I like that it is slightly less flashy . 

makes sense :).

I dont like stance swapping mid combat horrible experiences with that in other games like aion and stuff when it lags and you press 2x and end up in the same stance all while not doing damage while it happened.  Maybe BDO is different and you can swap fast on the go but ill reserve judgement and see.

Glad they sped it up because watching koreans play I was cringing at points especially after a combo where he just stands there sheathing a sword and gets hit several times seemed very ineffective.

Posted

makes sense :).
I dont like stance swapping mid combat horrible experiences with that in other games like aion and stuff when it lags and you press 2x and end up in the same stance all while not doing damage while it happened.  Maybe BDO is different and you can swap fast on the go but ill reserve judgement and see.

Glad they sped it up because watching koreans play I was cringing at points especially after a combo where he just stands there sheathing a sword and gets hit several times seemed very ineffective.

Funny you mention aion, I used to love switching on my Templar .

Posted

Funny you mention aion, I used to love switching on my Templar .

thats exactly what I am talking about kd someone to bp.... half the time it would fail on switch and I would wast time lol.  If its anything laggy like that I would hate it.

Posted (edited)

thats exactly what I am talking about kd someone to bp.... half the time it would fail on switch and I would wast time lol.  If its anything laggy like that I would hate it.

I understand, I don't think it will be much of an issue here unless you happen to be lagging real hard at the moment in which you would be screwed in pvp regardless.

BDO is not free of problems but in regards to lag and server performance I can attest that aion felt even worse, I still managed myself ( wtfast ftw) .

We will see I guess .

Edited by Beeso

Posted

There seems to be quite a bit of misconceptions regarding Ninja's awakening with it being "too slow".

Well I think it makes sense for it to be "a bit slower than average". In awakening form Ninja gets a block, TONNES of super armor and I mean TONNES,I frames and the cc combos hit like a truck. I am not joking, it's on par with Musa's and Warrior on KR and from what I heard, I think they've buffed the attack speed. 

I honestly think the Ninja's awakening makes sense because : At first you're agile, tonnes of AOE but squishy and then you're a semi-tank(block included) with """limited""" mobility (I say this because the sidesteps are insanely fast) and massive single target damage. The stances are also really cool IMO so you can switch in between combat using a real martial art called Laido. You get the best of both worlds so you can literally min/max or choose your own playstyle..FREEDOM!! 

Posted

There seems to be quite a bit of misconceptions regarding Ninja's awakening with it being "too slow".

Well I think it makes sense for it to be "a bit slower than average". In awakening form Ninja gets a block, TONNES of super armor and I mean TONNES,I frames and the cc combos hit like a truck. I am not joking, it's on par with Musa's and Warrior on KR and from what I heard, I think they've buffed the attack speed. 

I honestly think the Ninja's awakening makes sense because : At first you're agile, tonnes of AOE but squishy and then you're a semi-tank(block included) with """limited""" mobility (I say this because the sidesteps are insanely fast) and massive single target damage. The stances are also really cool IMO so you can switch in between combat using a real martial art called Laido. You get the best of both worlds so you can literally min/max or choose your own playstyle..FREEDOM!! 

The only misconception is that many people aren't aware of the huge speed buff that Ninja's awakening got shortly after it was released. At first, it was way too slow, probably one of the slowest classes in the game in terms of attack animations.

Also, it's Iaido (capital i), not Laido.

Posted

In awakening form Ninja gets a block, TONNES of super armor and I mean TONNES,I frames

Unless they changed it with the speed-up they got recently, the only accurate thing you mentioned is the block.  Do you have a source for them changing 90% of the ninja awakened abilities?

Posted

This is optional, correct? I honestly hate the hula hoop, and just want to stick with my sword.

Posted (edited)

This is optional, correct? I honestly hate the hula hoop, and just want to stick with my sword.

It's technically optional in that the game doesn't forcibly remove your sword and replace it with a chakram or anything, but if you don't use it you'll be at a massive disadvantage in both PvE and PvP; awakenings universally have drastically-higher damage than their non-awakening counterparts, and you can easily switch back and forth between the two weapons as you please mid-combat. So someone who's using skills from both sets will have access to much more damage, more CCs, more defenses/mobility, etc.

Edited by Zephan

Posted

Well, if that is your opinion then yeah, you can stick with your sword. I would like to point out that this inst just a Hula hoop. This is a big as bladed hula hoop. Think, captain Americas shield if it was sharp on the edges. 

Lets see, sword users: warrior, valk, tamer, ninja, blader, plum, kuno, ranger 

Big as bladed hula hoop users: Kuno. 

Posted

Lets see, sword users: warrior, valk, tamer, ninja, blader, plum, kuno, ranger 

Big as bladed hula hoop users: Kuno. 

Valk - lance + shield

Tamer - bo staff

Blader / Plum - spear 

Wiz / Witch - orbs 

Posted (edited)

It's technically optional in that the game doesn't forcibly remove your sword and replace it with a chakram or anything, but if you don't use it you'll be at a massive disadvantage in both PvE and PvP; awakenings universally have drastically-higher damage than their non-awakening counterparts, and you can easily switch back and forth between the two weapons as you please mid-combat. So someone who's using skills from both sets will have access to much more damage, more CCs, more defenses/mobility, etc.

Okay, well, guess I'm done with Kuno, then. Pity. I was having fun. But there's no way I'm swapping to that.

Edited by Hinalle

Posted

Okay, well, guess I'm done with Kuno, then. Pity. I was having fun. But there's no way I'm swapping to that.

Why its a traditional weapon..... lol

Posted

You should have know what weapon does kuno get. The teaser was out for more then a month now, also the concept art for more then a few months lol. 

1 person likes this

Posted

You should have know what weapon does kuno get. The teaser was out for more then a month now, also the concept art for more then a few months lol. 

Right I love how people are like omg what is that.... uhh the same weapon showcased for 2 months?  lol you living under a rock?

2 people like this

Posted

Why its a traditional weapon..... lol

Because it looks friggen stupid.

Posted

I guess some people prefer aesthetics over gameplay. I mean if you want to be some multiple sword wielding Ninja with cool animations more power to you if that's how you enjoy the game, but gamepley wise the Kunoichi looks 10 times more enjoyable.

The Ninja awakening abilities and animations just looked weird and awkward. When you watch videos of the awakening it just looks like the abilities don't flow with eachother at all and don't work together like there's no synergy, so it just looks really awkward when someone uses the Ninja awakening (just my view on it).

The Kunoichi costume is ridiculously stupid and the weapon isn't the coolest one out there either, but gameplay wise I haven't been this impressed since the first two awakenings came out (Warrior and Berserker). If you look at the Warrior awakening trailer it looks like a clash of red animations and really boring but in the actual game it's very good.

I like the golden effects the Kunoichi awakening trailer showed. We have two dashes, AoE attacks, ranged attacks, block, overall the abilities look like they work well together and it looks like Kunoichi will be a PvE farming monster (which is like 90% of what you do to progress in this game) so for me grinding mobs has to be enjoyable, I just can't see myself doing hours of grinding with the Ninja awakening as I get bored really really fast.

This one looks a bit similar to the Musa awakening but just the female counterpart of it, I mean lots of AoE and circular attacks so I'm guessing that since the Musa awakening is very good for farming this one will be up there as well. Really impressed just purely gameplay wise, the costume is one of the dumbest I've seen so I'm not getting that one for sure.

Anyway as I see it: Ninja = Cool aesthetics to appeal all the wannabe samurais. Kunoichi = Actually good and strong gameplay wise, at least that's how it looks from just speculating the trailer. I mean most of the awakening trailers look really bland and boring, but on this one you could actually clearly see some of the singular abilities. I'll take strong gameplay any day over aesthetics.

As I said earlier, if we have easily accessible abilities with HP and WP regen then I'm putting my money on this one being one of the strongest ones in PvE.

1 person likes this

Posted

Meh, not sold on the idea running around with chakram or that silly outfit.. I have had my share of Xena the warrior princess..:p

The animations and attacks looks awesome though!

Posted (edited)

Meh, not sold on the idea running around with chakram or that silly outfit.. I have had my share of Xena the warrior princess..:p

The animations and attacks looks awesome though!

I like it more and more

Honeycam%2B2016-07-28%2B18-05-22.gif

Honeycam%2B2016-07-28%2B18-10-43.gif

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4427&l=6814

skill awakening [auto translate] 

Awakening skill level to 57, technical specialization

Chu wonder:
20 increased his eight seconds Monster Attack
5 seconds all his Attack Speed 4%
For every seven seconds Attack Speed 4%
For every seven seconds casting speed decreased 4%
For every seven seconds movement speed reduced 4%
For 42 bleeding damage every 3 seconds 15 seconds

Huiyeon free:
25 increased his eight seconds Monster Attack
PVP attack power 10 increase their 5 seconds
All their 10 seconds hoepiryeok 3% increase
Hitting objects per MP / rain / 6 Divinity force immediately restored

Crescents cut:
20 increased his eight seconds Monster Ball gyeoryeok
12 seconds all enemies and their gravity increased 3%
Relative damage every 3 seconds 9 seconds 50 images
3 strikes per physical object immediately restored

Salmu: 
5 seconds pvp their attack power increased 5
12 seconds all his enemies Gravity 4%
Their movement speed every 10 seconds 4%
For mental / rain / divine power immediately reduced 20

I wonder:
10 seconds every 10 increase in their defense
All their 10 seconds hoepiryeok 5% increase
Hitting objects per MP / rain / 3 immediate divine power recovery
For mental / grit / 5 divine power down immediately

Sonan Sakha-free:
20 increased his eight seconds Monster Attack
Their five seconds PVP Damage increased 5
9 seconds all their critical strike chance increases to 10%
3 strikes per physical object immediately restored
Smash opponents into the air 10% probability

Rookie bungyeok:
5 seconds pvp their attack power increased 5
For mental / rain / divine power immediately reduced 10
Smash opponents into the air 10% probability

Wolswae:
10 seconds every 10 increase in their defense
All their 10 seconds hoepiryeok 3% increase
Their movement speed every 10 seconds 7%
Hitting objects per MP / rain / 3 immediate divine power recovery
For every three seconds 15 seconds mentality / grit / 5 divine power reduction

By the way, who is also being wanseongbon mandeusyeo

There are a couple of awakening videos. One example with soso gear testing the first skills at lvl 56 : https://www.twitch.tv/addvent/v/80400699

live stream at lvl 58 : https://www.twitch.tv/1004meteor

Edited by Zardoz71

Posted (edited)

For anyone interested BJGodna is streaming the Kunoichi awakening https://www.twitch.tv/1004meteor

Edit: Didn't see the link above my post, apologies.

Edit 2: Okay so after watching the stream I'm pretty much sold on the fact that this is about 10 times better than what Ninja got, really hyped for this one now. Kunoichi got so much more mobility on Ninja it's ridiculous, when you throw the Chakram forward you can even teleport to it before it returns back to you. You can go to his twitch channel and select his profile and "past broadcasts" and just watch the latest one to see todays stream.

Edited by Phantom303

Posted

Phew thank god I went with ninja, literally zero regrets after seeing this :ph34r:

For me this is most unintresting awakening buuut thats just my opinion.

Cheers to ones who liked this, hope it's wat u wished for 9_9

Posted (edited)

Just seems like you have to work twice as hard to get anything done.  The animations are very long so if you miss you are probably dead.  Go watch BJ duel Oneup, they are relatively evenly geared and it's so much easier for Oneup to do damage and get kills.

I was about to go and upgrade me a fancy liverto, but watching videos makes me unsure.  It is much better than ninja, though.

Edited by greatestnerdever

Posted (edited)

Just seems like you have to work twice as hard to get anything done.  The animations are very long so if you miss you are probably dead.  Go watch BJ duel Oneup, they are relatively evenly geared and it's so much easier for Oneup to do damage and get kills.

I was about to go and upgrade me a fancy liverto, but watching videos makes me unsure.  It is much better than ninja, though.

To be fair Godna farmed Hasrah for like 30 minutes with the awakening and then went straight for PvP when he hasn't played with his Kunoichi for ages or never does any PvP with it and now has a brand new awakening vs OneUpRoad who nolifes his Warrior day in day out.

Some of the damage numbers on the abilities seem a bit low in my opinion, but gameplay wise it actually looks very fun to play. And the damage numbers can always be changed if they're too low or something else needs to be added to it, the awakening balance patch is still upcoming.

I can personally see myself using the awakening and actually having fun with it, which was completely opposite for the Ninja. And for the record I really wanted to play Ninja because I dislike the female characters but after the awakening I just couldn't do it lol.

Anyway, I'm pleased with it so far even if the damage seems a bit low or whatever else it lacks so I'm looking forward to playing with it when we get awakenings.

Edited by Phantom303