• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Vs. Angelized (Valkyrie)

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Valks are too OP...What do you all think? 

2 people like this

Posted

Valks are too OP...What do you all think? 

i think its hillarious as fk how people see this videos and take conclusions right of the bat. U dont know their gears, skill set up/built and their lvl of skill. Class's in BDO are actually pretty much balanced and when i say balanced i dont mean that they are equal in every single type of combat/situation, because each class excels in a especific situtation(s).

One more pointless topic

1 person likes this

Posted

I only watched a minute of it and stopped, was watching and thinking to myself " either he keeps replaying his death against the same person or this person just has better skills and/or gear than him" 

Posted

I only watched a minute of it and stopped, was watching and thinking to myself " either he keeps replaying his death against the same person or this person just has better skills and/or gear than him" 

They really did have better gear than me...I'm so weak in KR :(

i think its hillarious as fk how people see this videos and take conclusions right of the bat. U dont know their gears, skill set up/built and their lvl of skill. Class's in BDO are actually pretty much balanced and when i say balanced i dont mean that they are equal in every single type of combat/situation, because each class excels in a especific situtation(s).

One more pointless topic

I actually did not think this Valk was as good as others I've faced, but it was very hard to get their darn hp down maybe cus of gear difference and the food buffs as well.

Posted

Good movements, dodged away in the right situation but that Valk could've healed herself twice or so which is annoying af. It's almost impossible to win against her with sooo many CC. I mean grab, stun, bunch of knockdwons, instant self-heal, extreme DP buff and so on. Valk is just a much better Warrior, so I never get my hopes too high vs Valk xD 

Posted

I'm sorry but that warrior used twilight scar after a grab a lot, that's not really good you're just throwing away your other combo options. He also risked with shield bash air-knockdown a lot. For tougher opponents I'd rely on grabs and shield stuns more. After all, it's an arena fight where both sides don't use potions-

I'd save twilight scar for last or when I want to zone in on her from afar.

Grab>grab2>debuff aoe>ground aoe knockdown> spin slash> kick knockdown> spin slash>spin slash >(she gets up)Twilight scar 

Posted (edited)

I am going to blame your rotations and movements on the ping, though i guess that Valky has high ping as well. It feels like you are just mindlessly throwin your skill at her, no idea behind it. I do not know what was the gear difference, but for me it did not look so different, also if your Warrior is "weak" then why do you have a costume? xD

I do not know why people say Valky > Warrior in a duel, in General i do believe Valky is better against other classes but a Valky against a Warrior is so in disadvantage... their movements are like a turtle on square, if you do not ----- up they do not have an opening against you. Valkys usually do that range knockdown and then you are dead most likely if the knockdown hits, now as a Warrior you can block this, if you feel unsure or wanna play safe you can always charge away end reset the fight, it is good as long as you deal more DMG than her self-heal but obviously this is only duel-wise in open PvP you are in disadvantage.

As Nurold wrote, i would not get my hopes high against a Valky as well, but in a duel i would.

I have only RU experience lv 55 vs lv 55, same +15 gear. Maybe with Greatsword, but i cannot say anything i have no experience and then we have to wait for the Valky awakening as well.

Edited by Oneuproad

Posted (edited)

Not sure how different Valk is now but this tournament shows quite clearly what I mean by that

As I said, Valks have so many CC skills which was a problem in KR too before the 5 sec. CC immune. Do you approach her and risk to get grabbed first and showered with CCs? Do you gain some distance to launch your next attack and reset your CDs which means giving her the opportunity to heal and buff herself? She's tough and she's not that slow actually if you play her. Sure, slower vs a ranged enemy compared to warrior but agile enough for pretty much all close-combat classes. + with her forward dash (while being in blockmode) and her ranged knockdown, she nullifies her disadvantage imo

EDIT: Check out the videodescription

EDIT2: Especially the fight Illusyium vs Neoon

Edited by Nurold

Posted

Good movements, dodged away in the right situation but that Valk could've healed herself twice or so which is annoying af. It's almost impossible to win against her with sooo many CC. I mean grab, stun, bunch of knockdwons, instant self-heal, extreme DP buff and so on. Valk is just a much better Warrior, so I never get my hopes too high vs Valk xD 

Thanks! I am still learning the class so if you have a KR account let's duel if you'd like? Honestly, this was not the best Valk I've faced, but gear-wise this was the strongest one that I have faced. Valks are extremely OP no matter what anyone says, cus if they have played the game they should know.

I'm sorry but that warrior used twilight scar after a grab a lot, that's not really good you're just throwing away your other combo options. He also risked with shield bash air-knockdown a lot. For tougher opponents I'd rely on grabs and shield stuns more. After all, it's an arena fight where both sides don't use potions-

I'd save twilight scar for last or when I want to zone in on her from afar.

Grab>grab2>debuff aoe>ground aoe knockdown> spin slash> kick knockdown> spin slash>spin slash >(she gets up)Twilight scar 

I usually use Twilight Scar to get more WP if I have none or I use it if Ground Smash and Spinning Slash are on Cool Down. If you have a KR account let's duel? I am still learning my class so the more duels we get in the better!!! I will practice that comobo, thanks for the feedback! I just want to be as best as I can possibly be.

I am going to blame your rotations and movements on the ping, though i guess that Valky has high ping as well. It feels like you are just mindlessly throwin your skill at her, no idea behind it. I do not know what was the gear difference, but for me it did not look so different, also if your Warrior is "weak" then why do you have a costume? xD

I do not know why people say Valky > Warrior in a duel, in General i do believe Valky is better against other classes but a Valky against a Warrior is so in disadvantage... their movements are like a turtle on square, if you do not ----- up they do not have an opening against you. Valkys usually do that range knockdown and then you are dead most likely if the knockdown hits, now as a Warrior you can block this, if you feel unsure or wanna play safe you can always charge away end reset the fight, it is good as long as you deal more DMG than her self-heal but obviously this is only duel-wise in open PvP you are in disadvantage.

As Nurold wrote, i would not get my hopes high against a Valky as well, but in a duel i would.

I have only RU experience lv 55 vs lv 55, same +15 gear. Maybe with Greatsword, but i cannot say anything i have no experience and then we have to wait for the Valky awakening as well.

I found an Ogre Ring and sold it and then bought a costume :D I do not use my skills mindlessly I usually use my "6" skill called Upper Shield Strike and cancel into w+RMB for movement and maybe a Floating/Stillness/Knockback going, but I will try to get better! I do see that my winning chance does go up a considerable amount when I put A LOT of pressure on Valks and not let them reset as you saw in this video.

Not sure how different Valk is now but this tournament shows quite clearly what I mean by that

As I said, Valks have so many CC skills which was a problem in KR too before the 5 sec. CC immune. Do you approach her and risk to get grabbed first and showered with CCs? Do you gain some distance to launch your next attack and reset your CDs which means giving her the opportunity to heal and buff herself? She's tough and she's not that slow actually if you play her. Sure, slower vs a ranged enemy compared to warrior but agile enough for pretty much all close-combat classes. + with her forward dash (while being in blockmode) and her ranged knockdown, she nullifies her disadvantage imo

EDIT: Check out the videodescription

I actually do not agree with the people that call the Valk "slow" because if you face a Valk named Zexius from Incognito he is super mobile which is very dangerous! All other Calks that I have played are actually slower and less mobile than Zexius, there are two ways to play a Valk, slow or fast. Honestly though the Valk has so many more options. If Warrior had just a little more burst damage and if we were not nerfed so heavily I believe that Warrior 1h+Shield would be much more viable than it is now against a Valk.

Posted

@Yahwehswarrior Thanks but I'm slowly quitting KR. Still online here and there but not so motivated haha. WIll you play in NA/EU?

Posted

@Yahwehswarrior I quit BDO RU after going red karma. Saving the energy for CBT2 and Launch.

Posted

@Yahwehswarrior Thanks but I'm slowly quitting KR. Still online here and there but not so motivated haha. WIll you play in NA/EU?

I hope you can log in so we can have 1v1 or 2v2 and 3v3s even... My Guild has people for it if you wanna come and practice with us :D I am discouraged of playing NA because of the Mega Server crap, but I'll still give it a shot.

@Yahwehswarrior I quit BDO RU after going red karma. Saving the energy for CBT2 and Launch.

Lol I have not gone that deep into red karma yet to quit xD If you play NA then I hope to see you there! If you have any feedback then please give it to meh :D I wanna become as best as I can be with the Warrior class.

Posted

I found an Ogre Ring and sold it and then bought a costume :D I do not use my skills mindlessly I usually use my "6" skill called Upper Shield Strike and cancel into w+RMB for movement and maybe a Floating/Stillness/Knockback going, but I will try to get better! I do see that my winning chance does go up a considerable amount when I put A LOT of pressure on Valks and not let them reset as you saw in this video.

I actually do not agree with the people that call the Valk "slow" because if you face a Valk named Zexius from Incognito he is super mobile which is very dangerous! All other Calks that I have played are actually slower and less mobile than Zexius, there are two ways to play a Valk, slow or fast. Honestly though the Valk has so many more options. If Warrior had just a little more burst damage and if we were not nerfed so heavily I believe that Warrior 1h+Shield would be much more viable than it is now against a Valk.

Lucky son lol! Why would you cancel your "6" with w+RMB, i can imagine situations. But you know that both 6 and w+RMB give you "block stance" from the begining you activate the skill? Also if you cancel "6" then the floating effect gets canceled as well, however that is a really unreliable CC but in my case it often works in PvP. Well i cannot say much about pressure on RU there is no CC nerf, on KR there is. Maybe i can do something on RU you cannot on KR, so i cannot argue at this point.

If you may explain how can a slow movement class play fast, that would be great. If a valky is trying to be mobile he is going to get rekt by those non-Warrior classes because they give an opening. :D

Posted

Lucky son lol! Why would you cancel your "6" with w+RMB, i can imagine situations. But you know that both 6 and w+RMB give you "block stance" from the begining you activate the skill? Also if you cancel "6" then the floating effect gets canceled as well, however that is a really unreliable CC but in my case it often works in PvP. Well i cannot say much about pressure on RU there is no CC nerf, on KR there is. Maybe i can do something on RU you cannot on KR, so i cannot argue at this point.
If you may explain how can a slow movement class play fast, that would be great. If a valky is trying to be mobile he is going to get rekt by those non-Warrior classes because they give an opening. :D

I cancel the 6 with W+RMB when I know the 6 is going to miss.

I can't explain how Valk moves so fast because I do not play a Valk and I do not know the skills of a Valk, but I do know that he makes Valk look VERY fast and VERY mobile when we fight and in any other fight that I watch him in.

Posted

I cancel the 6 with W+RMB when I know the 6 is going to miss.

I can't explain how Valk moves so fast because I do not play a Valk and I do not know the skills of a Valk, but I do know that he makes Valk look VERY fast and VERY mobile when we fight and in any other fight that I watch him in.

well whatever, it might be just different tastes, for me whatever Valky i have faced on RU they were slow even if they were trying to be mobile.

Posted

well whatever, it might be just different tastes, for me whatever Valky i have faced on RU they were slow even if they were trying to be mobile.

Then maybe they are not being mobile the "correct" way. Who knows, lots of factors I guess?

Posted

Then maybe they are not being mobile the "correct" way. Who knows, lots of factors I guess?

I am talking about Valkys from the top RU guilds. :D

Posted (edited)

Just some examples 

Just search on YouTube for more videos. Now try to dash backwards like that while remaining block or dodge sideways like that while blocking. That's one additional difference (if I'm right, it's been some time since I played my Valk). Warrior is superior in speed forwards thanks to W+RMB, QW+RMB and W+F (rush). He just isn't as good with dodging sideways or backwards - the roll is way too slow. Sideroll in combination with WA+LMB helps though

EDIT: Just read this thread http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1625-valkyrie-warrior/

"From when Warrior is beter than Valki on PvP? I play on KR around 10 months and i dont have an problems with warrior at pvp 56+ ,, i can say i eat them on breakfast. Only problem for me is ranger/sorc and wizz/witch, other classes like blader/plum/warrior/gigant/ninja etc Valki beat so fast, but meaby i am pro? or my set is to good. "

Actual quote :D it's not as bad as this user portrays it. Probably had superior gear over the warriors she fought. I haven't duelled many Valks but ye, without the GS and the 5 sec. immune, warriors will have a bad time once caught. I want to have a serious talk with the devs about this. It sucks so much (probably some f***** feminist decided the female counterpart of warrior must be OP af)

Edited by Nurold

Posted

Just some examples 

Just search on YouTube for more videos. Now try to dash backwards like that while remaining block or dodge sideways like that while blocking. That's one additional difference (if I'm right, it's been some time since I played my Valk). Warrior is superior in speed forwards thanks to W+RMB, QW+RMB and W+F (rush). He just isn't as good with dodging sideways or backwards - the roll is way too slow. Sideroll in combination with WA+LMB helps though

EDIT: Just read this thread http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1625-valkyrie-warrior/

"From when Warrior is beter than Valki on PvP? I play on KR around 10 months and i dont have an problems with warrior at pvp 56+ ,, i can say i eat them on breakfast. Only problem for me is ranger/sorc and wizz/witch, other classes like blader/plum/warrior/gigant/ninja etc Valki beat so fast, but meaby i am pro? or my set is to good. "

Actual quote :D it's not as bad as this user portrays it. Probably had superior gear over the warriors she fought. I haven't duelled many Valks but ye, without the GS and the 5 sec. immune, warriors will have a bad time once caught. I want to have a serious talk with the devs about this. It sucks so much (probably some f***** feminist decided the female counterpart of warrior must be OP af)

Well when you look up Valkyrie you will see "In Norse mythology, a valkyrie is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live." so makes sense to how OP they are :o Though it'd be nice for them not to be this OP...But like I've told people, IF Warrior just had a little more burst damage and was not nerfed so much with the 1h+Shield I bet we would not have such a hard time against Valks or any other class.

I am talking about Valkys from the top RU guilds. :D

Oh so top Valks from RU are slow? Sorry if I misunderstood earlier.

Posted

valkyrie's aren't really "op"
they're just bulky and have a 60 second CD heal

all the valks i've seen just run around and try to hit with S+E and if they ----- up they run away and turtle until the cooldown is back up.. and then try again. it's easy to block that, dash in with superior speed + grab
or throw that spear of blackmagic shit and lock them into block animation as you dash up and grab them

the only annoying thing about them for the most part is the heavy defense buff and the 25% HP they are able to restore every 60 seconds

Posted

well I'm thinking about making a warrior so maybe we can jump that valk in the future >:D

Posted

well I'm thinking about making a warrior so maybe we can jump that valk in the future >:D

LOL xD LES DO IT!!! >:O

valkyrie's aren't really "op"
they're just bulky and have a 60 second CD heal

all the valks i've seen just run around and try to hit with S+E and if they ----- up they run away and turtle until the cooldown is back up.. and then try again. it's easy to block that, dash in with superior speed + grab
or throw that spear of blackmagic shit and lock them into block animation as you dash up and grab them

the only annoying thing about them for the most part is the heavy defense buff and the 25% HP they are able to restore every 60 seconds

Well, Valks really are OP, they are bulkier than a Warrior and have better burst damage than a Warrior. I can beat Valks, but my win percentage isn't too high. Maybe I just need to stop being such a noob .__.

Posted (edited)

LOL xD LES DO IT!!! >:O

Well, Valks really are OP, they are bulkier than a Warrior and have better burst damage than a Warrior. I can beat Valks, but my win percentage isn't too high. Maybe I just need to stop being such a noob .__.

ya im not sure about what youve seen with valk. I have played warrior on kr since cbt1 and still play warrior, and I have no problem with valks. 

throw spear,dash,grab, ground nuke, couple of back slashes, grab again- or get back and repeat.

Edited by Ashivautzo

Posted

ya im not sure about what youve seen with valk. I have played warrior on kr since cbt1 and still play warrior, and I have no problem with valks. 

throw spear,dash,grab, ground nuke, couple of back slashes, grab again- or get back and repeat.

I may just need more practice with my combos and stuff. I made a new Warrior and it seems like I am doing better with it now that I changed some skills around.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I may just need more practice with my combos and stuff. I made a new Warrior and it seems like I am doing better with it now that I changed some skills around.

and thats all and the best thing you can do- is keep practicing. I practice every time i log on. My buddy is a valk and another buddy a ranger- and we constantly practice how to fight/counter each others tactics.

One thing i noticed in the video was that the spear wasnt being used to stun and rush the valk. My valk buddy is tanky and  with him as most valks ive fought, its about timing my attacks to when i see his animations start, otherwise his shield will block it, unless i can get behind him. If i see him trying to self heal, or start the lighting animation thing, or his shield go down at all, i go full offensive and start with the spear and if it lands its all down hill for him from there lol

Edited by Ashivautzo