• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

No Maintenance on the 27th of July

134 posts in this topic

Posted

Sadly all those math calculations and such claiming that the tax reduction is not that much only focus on a very small sample size. Besides, some (NOT ALL) people like to abuse their math knowledge to appear smart, so they throw in unnecessarily advanced calculations. No calculations or advanced math is needed to understand that the tax reduction causes this:

Valuepacktax.png

It would apply to any kind of tax reduction. Be it 5% or 50%.

*insert it's just pay 4 convenience argument here*

Buying pen ogre ring isn't p2w is convenience cause youll get it anyway if you play enough time just like 30% value pack marketplace cash bonus

Posted

What this thread is missing is laffer curve xD

Posted (edited)

LOL you all need to seriously shut up about the value pack being p2w.... like are you 4years old or what? such crybabies. its a fine ass item. if you cant have it cause your ass is too poor to make money to get it then thats your own problem that you shouldnt blame on others. Well maybe get a -----ing job and so you have money then and stop being a lazy ass mofo who games all night and day then gets yelled at by your parents. seriously stfu. bunch of crybabies. BDO, YOUR DOING GREAT KEEP IT UP!

Questions people their age, follows with a immature post.

Edited by Jiyeon

Posted

Sadly all those math calculations and such claiming that the tax reduction is not that much only focus on a very small sample size. Besides, some (NOT ALL) people like to abuse their math knowledge to appear smart, so they throw in unnecessarily advanced calculations. No calculations or advanced math is needed to understand that the tax reduction causes this:

Valuepacktax.png

It would apply to any kind of tax reduction. Be it 5% or 50%.

So, what? I have the value pack and you don't. I make more money than you from sales. What about it? If you have to walk and I ride a bike, that's fair because I paid for it. 

You can still reach the same place, because it's not a race. And you can always buy a bike, too.

Posted

So, what? I have the value pack and you don't. I make more money than you from sales. What about it? If you have to walk and I ride a bike, that's fair because I paid for it. 

You can still reach the same place, because it's not a race. And you can always buy a bike, too.

the typical p2w supporter argument lmao "it doesnt matter cause I paid moar I deserve moar" I miss old school game communities :/

1 person likes this

Posted

the typical p2w supporter argument lmao "it doesnt matter cause I paid moar I deserve moar" I miss old school game communities :/

I do deserve more for paying more. Welcome to life. I have a bike and you walk. You can complain about it or get your own bike.

I don't support P2W and bought a value pack because it's fair, I can, and because it supports the game.

People like you would rather have the game die than even be tempted to spend extra money. That's sad. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I do deserve more for paying more. Welcome to life. I have a bike and you walk. You can complain about it or get your own bike.

I don't support P2W and bought a value pack because it's fair, I can, and because it supports the game.

People like you would rather have the game die than even be tempted to spend extra money. That's sad. 

you have never played a game before if you think you not paying them for every little item makes the game die

Posted

you have never played a game before if you think you not paying them for every little item makes the game die

You don't know anything about production if you think a project like this can continue without a solid and sustainable income. Denying the truth doesn't make it any less true.

Posted

I used a Name Change coupon. I am not in a guild. I thought there would be maintenance today.

Can I rejoin my Guild?

Posted

FIX ADDONS EFFECTS !!!

Posted

sneak in my awakening scythe so i can out farm these damn rangers! xD

Posted

so today i decide sell some Grade3 weapon  5  each one at 310500, that should give me like 1552500MI, insted i recived  around 1009125MI...im glad i have the value pack,,,GG daum

Posted

What about the bugged elephants ? Has been ZERO gm response to this bug that is now nearly a week old, making elephants essentially useless in node wars.

And also... the guild ranking ? this has not worked since last wednesday and is an essential tool for guilds and players alike.

@CM_Tytyes @CM_Praballo @CM_Aethon

What is the bug with elephants?

Posted

cokoro outfit for ninja pls

Posted (edited)

i keep trying to reopen BDO and login in and at the start up screen im getting the "Failed to Connect" Message. Is there some unexpected maitenance??

UPDATE:

Nevermind, it let me log in the 4th time. Idk what was happening O_o

Edited by dylanzawesome

Posted

*insert it's just pay 4 convenience argument here*

Buying pen ogre ring isn't p2w is convenience cause youll get it anyway if you play enough time just like 30% value pack marketplace cash bonus

The "You'll get it argument" is a failed argument. The wealth gap increases the longer you have the value pack, the player with the vp would be able to buy it much earlier than the other player without the vp. I'm talking about weeks, or even months, here.

If you grind X hours, and your incomes consists to half marketplace sales, then we can just remove the junk items from the calculations and halve the grind time so we get Y.

Player with VP grinds for 6 hours (or 12 hours if we count junk items). Since he gets 30% more income from his marketplace sales, his grind time equals to 8 hours for someone (with same gear, same skills and same ability to play the game) who does not have VP. 

Since grinding is such a big part of the game, those who grind 10 hours a day for a week would accumulate 70 hours of grind.
We could say 

Income = Grind Time * IncomePerHourValue

and

Income = JunkItems + MarketplaceSales

so in the end its 

JunkItmes + MarketplaceSales = GrindTime * IncomePerHourValue

IncomePerHourValue is a value that depends on your gear. In this case we're looking at a constant, but this increases every time you improve your gear.

Let's say that marketplace sales cover 50% of income, or half. Then we can remove the JunkItems from both sides so we get

MarketplaceSales = (GrindTime/2) * IncomePerHourValue

since half of our GrindTime results in items that will be sold on Marketplace. Now apply a 1,3 multiplier to left side and suddenly we get a big difference. 

This means that the longer you grind with VP, the more time you save.

Someone who grinds 70 hours in a week, with 35 resulting in items for marketplace, will save up quite a few hours in comparison with someone who does not have vp.

Effective grind time for player A with VP: 35 + 35 * 1,3 = JunkIncome + MarketplaceSales * 1,3

Effective grind time for player B without VP: 35 + 35 = JunkIncome + MarketplaceSales

Player A = 80,5 hours

Player B = 70 hours

Player A is already 10,5 hours ahead after one week.

This isn't a problem if it's a one-time thing, but this gap increases each time Player A upgrades gear and goes back to grind. Next grind, the difference in effective grinding time will be 15 hours, then 20, then 30 and so on. Simply because Player A has more money to improve their gear.

(I did skip some steps to avoid making this into an even bigger wall of text. Those who understand the simplest math should be able to figure this out by themselves too.)

You didn't buy the bike to race me, you bought your bike because you wanted to ride a bike. If it were a competition, then I wouldn't even sign up for it if I didn't have a bike.

The whole game is a PvP competition of who has the best gear and highest level and which guild has most of these top players. If you buy the VP 1 month before me, then you'd have that 1 month advantage until you stop playing. Also note that the longer you have that 1 month advantage, the bigger the gap becomes.

Value pack is more like installing an electric motor onto a bike so you can get further on your bike... but real life comparisons are not good examples to prove a point, because "success" in real life doesn't solely depend on money. (I.e. you can't be an idiot with a million and be successful)

1 person likes this

Posted

Anyone else experiencing login issues?

Posted

Not going to be another "ermagawd desync/lag/etc" but this game is completely frozen for me right now, and I'm in the middle of quite a number of pissed off Elrics. My friends are also lagging/frozen/game world has stopped as of this moment also... Screw the value pack tweaks, is everything alright with your servers after not having any maintenance? Also RIP my Red Battlefield gems T___T 

Posted

So when is the maintenance on the 2nd like in the first post or on 3rd like it usualy was until now?

Posted

Why would you nerf the one decent support class that can heal and wont get an awakening any time soon?

Cause that troll write the same shit on every maintenance post. Every single time. Probably he/she doesnt even have a brain. Feel sad for him/her

Sorry to disappoint you, but no, this game isnt a race. Not at all. If you want a race there are tons of games like Gran Turismo, Assetto Corsa , Need for Speed etc...

After Valencia release will pass sometime before new contents so people have all the time to "catch up", if that's the only thing you bother.

Posted

So when is the maintenance on the 2nd like in the first post or on 3rd like it usualy was until now?

Can anyone advise?

Posted

nerf giants and witches

i realy want know what is on giants op.. tell me please! :)

Posted

The "You'll get it argument" is a failed argument. The wealth gap increases the longer you have the value pack, the player with the vp would be able to buy it much earlier than the other player without the vp. I'm talking about weeks, or even months, here.

If you grind X hours, and your incomes consists to half marketplace sales, then we can just remove the junk items from the calculations and halve the grind time so we get Y.

Player with VP grinds for 6 hours (or 12 hours if we count junk items). Since he gets 30% more income from his marketplace sales, his grind time equals to 8 hours for someone (with same gear, same skills and same ability to play the game) who does not have VP. 

Since grinding is such a big part of the game, those who grind 10 hours a day for a week would accumulate 70 hours of grind.
We could say 

Income = Grind Time * IncomePerHourValue

and

Income = JunkItems + MarketplaceSales

so in the end its 

JunkItmes + MarketplaceSales = GrindTime * IncomePerHourValue

IncomePerHourValue is a value that depends on your gear. In this case we're looking at a constant, but this increases every time you improve your gear.

Let's say that marketplace sales cover 50% of income, or half. Then we can remove the JunkItems from both sides so we get

MarketplaceSales = (GrindTime/2) * IncomePerHourValue

since half of our GrindTime results in items that will be sold on Marketplace. Now apply a 1,3 multiplier to left side and suddenly we get a big difference. 

This means that the longer you grind with VP, the more time you save.

Someone who grinds 70 hours in a week, with 35 resulting in items for marketplace, will save up quite a few hours in comparison with someone who does not have vp.

Effective grind time for player A with VP: 35 + 35 * 1,3 = JunkIncome + MarketplaceSales * 1,3

Effective grind time for player B without VP: 35 + 35 = JunkIncome + MarketplaceSales

Player A = 80,5 hours

Player B = 70 hours

Player A is already 10,5 hours ahead after one week.

This isn't a problem if it's a one-time thing, but this gap increases each time Player A upgrades gear and goes back to grind. Next grind, the difference in effective grinding time will be 15 hours, then 20, then 30 and so on. Simply because Player A has more money to improve their gear.

(I did skip some steps to avoid making this into an even bigger wall of text. Those who understand the simplest math should be able to figure this out by themselves too.)

You didn't buy the bike to race me, you bought your bike because you wanted to ride a bike. If it were a competition, then I wouldn't even sign up for it if I didn't have a bike.

The whole game is a PvP competition of who has the best gear and highest level and which guild has most of these top players. If you buy the VP 1 month before me, then you'd have that 1 month advantage until you stop playing. Also note that the longer you have that 1 month advantage, the bigger the gap becomes.

Value pack is more like installing an electric motor onto a bike so you can get further on your bike... but real life comparisons are not good examples to prove a point, because "success" in real life doesn't solely depend on money. (I.e. you can't be an idiot with a million and be successful)

i was being sarcastic by I am glad you wrote that out so I can use it :)

Posted

Cause that troll write the same shit on every maintenance post. Every single time. Probably he/she doesnt even have a brain. Feel sad for him/her

Sorry to disappoint you, but no, this game isnt a race. Not at all. If you want a race there are tons of games like Gran Turismo, Assetto Corsa , Need for Speed etc...

After Valencia release will pass sometime before new contents so people have all the time to "catch up", if that's the only thing you bother.

Never said it was a race. What I said is that the game is competitive.

Posted

Never said it was a race. What I said is that the game is competitive.

Ye but gap will be less in time, considering will take sometimes to reach Valencia and there's no new gear incoming. Rushing now for gear or waiting doesnt matter in long term