• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How is our Awakening compare to others?

56 posts in this topic

Posted

Reading this is a bit depressing but its the forum. I want to know the opinion of a Valkyrie about our awakening and how well it does in KR compare to other awakening. If you haven't experience the awakening you can still tell us your opinion but don't act like you have played it and experience it :)

THANK YOU

1 person likes this

Posted

we are a balanced class in an unbalanced game. we're very medicore at everything (excluding mobility which is terrible), awakening changes none of that, class mechanics are almost the same besides some mobility and aoe that helps with larger scale pvp.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

we are a balanced class in an unbalanced game. we're very medicore at everything (excluding mobility which is terrible), awakening changes none of that, class mechanics are almost the same besides some mobility and aoe that helps with larger scale pvp.

Back to chess I guess :(

WFM-Alexandra-Botez-CAN.jpg

Edited by Gumo
3 people like this

Posted

BDO is the game with most misinformation being spread about stuff, so please don't believe everything you read. Even if the person says they played KR or 'endgame KR', simply playing KR does not mean you know what you're talking about. Most people are giving opinions based on the videos they see, ignoring the context of these videos which is why you shouldn't take whatever people say for granted.

Posted (edited)

^ No BDO doesn't have "Misinfornation", it has INTENTIONAL LACK OF TRANSPARENCY as a "design choice".  .... just like some immature idiots on Deviant Art who draw things wrong and then say "but it's my style".  Pearly Abyss manages Balance so terribly and with such poor Transparency because they claim it makes the Meta-game harder to decipher and take longer to min max.   But the exact opposite happens when everything is set up so that Balance is hard to discuss.  You instead end up very inconsistent balance that your own Designers can't even test properly on the inside;  and then on the outside you get little Enclaves of ridiculously dedicated minmaxxers who figure everything out instantly and then keep it a secret from everyone else until their Meta dominates all of the competition and then it never gets addressed in time b/c PA doesn't want to talk honestly about any of it

Edited by iller
1 person likes this

Posted

^ No BDO doesn't have "Misinfornation", it has INTENTIONAL LACK OF TRANSPARENCY as a "design choice".  .... just like some immature idiots on Deviant Art who draw things wrong and then say "but it's my style".  Pearly Abyss manages Balance so terribly and with such poor Transparency because they claim it makes the Meta-game harder to decipher and take longer to min max.   But the exact opposite happens when everything is set up so that Balance is hard to discuss.  You instead end up very inconsistent balance that your own Designers can't even test properly on the inside;  and then on the outside you get little Enclaves of ridiculously dedicated minmaxxers who figure everything out instantly and then keep it a secret from everyone else until their Meta dominates all of the competition and then it never gets addressed in time b/c PA doesn't want to talk honestly about any of it

I always felt the lack of transparency as u describe is one of the games most major flaws (all rng jokes aside)

1 person likes this

Posted

Our awakening is fine.

Posted

Before Blader/Plum released i had a brief moment where i was like, "well at least Valk has good burst with its SoJ combos.." but then Blader/Plum released and i was like............... #$%*#.

Seriously tho, everything we can do, some other class does it better :|

Posted

Before Blader/Plum released i had a brief moment where i was like, "well at least Valk has good burst with its SoJ combos.." but then Blader/Plum released and i was like............... #$%*#.

Seriously tho, everything we can do, some other class does it better :|

So does every other single class?

Valk is the strongest class in the game BY FAR you just have a l2p issue.

Posted

So does every other single class?

Valk is the strongest class in the game BY FAR you just have a l2p issue.

haha, yeah, thats why theres SO MANY valks in the game, right? because its the strongest class xD thats why when i go into RBF theres like 10 valks on each team right? thats why when you do a GvG all the valks are back at base manning hwatchas right?

seriously tho

best burst - blader/plum

best aoe - wizard/witch

best dmg - ranger

best CC's - ninja/zerker

best heal - wizard/witch

best survivability - sorc

best mobility - zerker/blader

theres is literally nothing about a Valk that is better than any other class; because Valk is literally the jack of all trades master of nothing, and in this game thats not a good thing.

3 people like this

Posted

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

haha, yeah, thats why theres SO MANY valks in the game, right? because its the strongest class xD thats why when i go into RBF theres like 10 valks on each team right? thats why when you do a GvG all the valks are back at base manning hwatchas right?

seriously tho

best burst - blader/plum

best aoe - wizard/witch

best dmg - ranger

best CC's - ninja/zerker

best heal - wizard/witch

theres is literally nothing about a Valk that is better than any other class; because Valk is literally the jack of all trades master of nothing, and in this game thats not a good thing.

Highlighted reason are why I'm not even going to argue with you.

People don't play Valks because they don't know how to play Valks.

Valks have the best burst when done correctly.

Best ranger damage? Seriously? What damage, have you seen a ranger post 17th July?

BEST SURVIVABILITY - SORC

hahahahahahahahhhaahhaahah

If you are referring to iFrames then Blader wins that one.

How anyone dies as a Valk is beyond me, it really is just a L2P issue.

Valk is again BY FAR the tankiest class, self heals, ranged KD, insane KD burst, grabs, interrupts, insane shield. Need I go on?

Edited by Tekeii

Posted

Best ranger damage? Seriously? What damage, have you seen a ranger post 17th July?

Valk is again BY FAR the tankiest class, self heals, ranged KD, insane KD burst, grabs, interrupts, insane shield. Need I go on?

The fact that you say Valk is the tankiest, best heals, etc etc etc, shows how little you know.

And yeah, Sorc def best survivability cuz the iframes+desync

2 people like this

Posted

The fact that you say Valk is the tankiest, best heals, etc etc etc, shows how little you know.

And yeah, Sorc def best survivability cuz the iframes+desync

Do you play on Jordine EU?

I can bring a Valk who has pretty much PRI gear everything and will smash anyone or any class you can bring. He knows how to play it's as simple as that.

Posted (edited)

sustained damage with out interference on a single target, ranger is the best. wizard/witch on aoes

warriors are have more feel more tanky than a valk even with the valk heal (more mobility, hp regen skills that are way better than valks, superior grabs). I don't really lose to warriors but bursting through their shield is a pain in the ass

burst dps is a throw up between valk or maewha, and it really comes down to skill on equally geared players. their cc is definitely better than valk making it that much better to engage that burst combo

valk is pretty high up there with survivability, but I wouldn't say its the best, imo zerker is prob the better. no only do they hp regen and highest base hp in the game. but they can lock u up for 10+ seconds back to back and just pot back to full health while your in the grapple cc chain.

Edited by Lick_MyCrit

Posted

hi, I'm a valk. *grabs popcorn*

Posted

hi, I'm a valk. *grabs popcorn*

OP SCRUB

Posted

OP SCRUB

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted

seriously tho

best burst - blader/plum

best aoe - wizard/witch

best dmg - ranger

best CC's - ninja/zerker

best heal - wizard/witch

That sad feeling when you list every class but Warrior, and claim that every class does a better job than Valks.

:'( Warriors don't even exist. Funny thing though, we have the same sentiment over on the Warrior forums, Everyone else does everything better than a Warrior, including Valk. The only place we excel is around 1v1, which don't matter for shit. But, atleast we have that Warrior Greatsword coming SoonTM.

Personally, though I don't think the Valk weapon is amazing, it has some really interesting moves which makes you beasts in GvG. Pulling off the pull in > Ultimate will literally win fights by a good Valk. Don't give up tbh.

Posted

Valk might be the best 1v1 class that does not really well in a XvX game.

Even 5v5, put 2 witches in each team, you're either gonna be stunned for 15 seconds straight or be less useful than other classes (zerk) 

Posted

Even 5v5, put 2 witches in each team, you're either gonna be stunned for 15 seconds straight or be less useful than other classes (zerk) 

that goes for every class.... not only valk

Posted

that goes for every class.... not only valk

this is actually wrong, valks shield gives imunity to all cc except for grab. If they didn't change that, haven't played for a few months. Even then there is still Elions blessing, giving OP resistence for a few secons.

Posted

this is actually wrong, valks shield gives imunity to all cc except for grab. If they didn't change that, haven't played for a few months. Even then there is still Elions blessing, giving OP resistence for a few secons.

this is actually wrong... you can still be hit by slows which is very annoying for dashing and using your abilities. Elions blessing is indeed a very good skill, but how many times are you gonna succesfully use that skill. Don't get me wrong here, but its just 6 seconds of total decent immunities.

Posted

this is actually wrong... you can still be hit by slows which is very annoying for dashing and using your abilities. Elions blessing is indeed a very good skill, but how many times are you gonna succesfully use that skill. Don't get me wrong here, but its just 6 seconds of total decent immunities.

i was refering to that "wizards stun 15 seconds" post. i wanted to point out that valk can just shield dash through their ult(for example) and grab. And in this scenario it is also easy enough to time elions blessing, because wizard/witch cast time.

Posted

i was refering to that "wizards stun 15 seconds" post. i wanted to point out that valk can just shield dash through their ult(for example) and grab. And in this scenario it is also easy enough to time elions blessing, because wizard/witch cast time.

Sure, you can block the stuns. And be a.. standing useless shield? And even with maxed cc resistances you can't walk through 3 different aoe's like nothing